PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Server Suggestion

-FN-
15-08-04, 06:45
It's Saturday Night. I'm home alone and bored off my ass. Life gets no more fun than this, lemme tell ya.

So here's what I'd like to see server-wise. Please criticize, rate, rant, comment, sex where necessary.

Qty Slots Primary Language
1 4 German (NPCs have text auf Deutsch)
1 4 French (NPCs have text en Français)
1 4 English (NPCs have text in English)
1 1 OR 2 International (For majority purposes, NPCs have English text)

Thanks to the cute price increase, I think I'd play on a 2-Slot Server over a 1-Slot at the moment. With so many unknown and non-concrete variables with the NC2 Servers, I have no plans to export any of my NC1 characters until I know exactly what the hell is going on with the servers (i.e. number of International Servers, Slots, Release Times, etc), but while I'm sitting here on my ass doing nothing all the time, I figured I'd post what I hope to see server-wise.

Tostino
15-08-04, 06:49
I would like a 2 char server alot. I play like pluto and i don't think it will be a prob with ppl having alts in difrent factions if the pluto ppl are the ones that are playing it.

Shadow Dancer
15-08-04, 07:33
I like your idea Ef En.

5 star

Freaky Fryd
15-08-04, 10:41
Word up!
I like the server suggestions and am starting to lean towards wanting a 2 slot more than 1...

Dirk_Gently
15-08-04, 11:21
Yeah seems like a decent enough idea.

Personally I'd just have 3 or 4 International servers, but that's just me I guess ;)

-FN-
15-08-04, 18:31
Yeah seems like a decent enough idea.

Personally I'd just have 3 or 4 International servers, but that's just me I guess ;)

One of KK's biggest mistake was server expansion and initial introduction with too many servers. They have to be managing servers RELATIVE to the population base. We have way too many servers as it is right now with the player population and have for a LONG time. KK should've wised up and eliminated one to make the populations on the others higher. I've begged in other posts over the years that KK *not* make the same mistake of opening too many servers for DoY... we'll see if they ever hear me :rolleyes:

Celt
15-08-04, 18:34
2 slots would be nice.

Venus went from 1 -> 2 slot, and overall the majority liked it

[TgR]HusK
16-08-04, 01:40
2 slot over a 1 slot AND a 4 slot ANY time.

though all obvious imho, I'll give it 5 stars just incase kk doesn't think in obvious directions :p

Jest
16-08-04, 02:07
2 slot server is where the sex is at.

Splaticus
16-08-04, 02:13
The language of the NPCs is based on the client not the server. So if you have an 'English' client and you play on Jupiter, then all the NPCs will speak to you in English, and all item names, etc. are in English.

Celt
16-08-04, 14:26
The language of the NPCs is based on the client not the server. So if you have an 'English' client and you play on Jupiter, then all the NPCs will speak to you in English, and all item names, etc. are in English.Doesnt work on venus, even with standard npc's :)

hinch
16-08-04, 15:05
npc is abit of both the hard coded npc's are client side and set according to the patch's the dynamic npc#s are scripted and respond in whatever language theyre scripted to talk back in.

as for servers a 1 slot german server is a 100% must not a 4 slot one since most 4 slot german users play on an int server. keep jupi how jupi is.

Praetorian
16-08-04, 15:11
One of KK's biggest mistake was server expansion and initial introduction with too many servers. They have to be managing servers RELATIVE to the population base. We have way too many servers as it is right now with the player population and have for a LONG time. KK should've wised up and eliminated one to make the populations on the others higher. I've begged in other posts over the years that KK *not* make the same mistake of opening too many servers for DoY... we'll see if they ever hear me :rolleyes:

To be honest 3 international servers where ok back when NC was released... But then the game was allowed to stagnate, and that was the main problem.

Now i would NOT like to see just 1 international server (which as far as i know is the plan at this moment). Can you imagine Saturn, Uranus and Pluto PLUS all the people whos inactive and just waiting to reactivate for DoY PLUS the newcomers all pile into 1 international (Beta i might add) server? 8|

Im with you on this one... a 4 slot for those that cares for that, and a 1 or 2 slot for those that want that... I would imagine the split would be even among the 2 as well...

Ozambabbaz
16-08-04, 18:11
teh sex plz, 2-slot server and act. merging possible would geil me up

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 19:01
Can you imagine Saturn, Uranus and Pluto PLUS all the people whos inactive and just waiting to reactivate for DoY PLUS the newcomers all pile into 1 international (Beta i might add) server? 8|

That's awesome. It'll actually feel like a mmorpg.

I wonder if Jupiter people have as many alts as pluto people.

Jest
16-08-04, 19:03
That's awesome. It'll actually feel like a mmorpg.

I wonder if Jupiter people have as many alts as pluto people.Yes they do as far as I know, because 1 slot simply isnt possible with the amount of specialization thats required. 2 slots!!!

Edit: Omg sex @ my new sig.

Walsh
16-08-04, 19:16
They're not going to pay attention to any of our ideas, they never have and they never will. What happens, happens, deal with it :rolleyes:

Celt
16-08-04, 19:17
Yes they do as far as I know, because 1 slot simply isnt possible with the amount of specialization thats required. 2 slots!!!

Edit: Omg sex @ my new sig.Look how much good the "remove para" sig did.

-FN-
16-08-04, 19:33
Look how much good the "remove para" sig did.

I dunno, my "REDUCE PARA" sig seemed to work :p

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/reduce_para.gif

Shadow Dancer
16-08-04, 19:34
Look how much good the "remove para" sig did.

Someone at KK must be a ppu. :rolleyes:

Ozambabbaz
16-08-04, 22:22
*sets up a "Free PPU LoMs" vendor in the thread and slowly backs out*