PDA

View Full Version : Hc Pe

Glok
15-08-04, 00:43
So I made one. What a blast, drugged on beast for the TL7 grenade launcher... those poor rats. :)

Thing is, now I am in aggies at um 12/14. They ******** me if there are 2 or more at once. Plus the nice AoE from the grenade launcher isn't too useful down there. Is there anywhere with massed lower (one chev or so) level enemies where AoE can be used to good effect?

If not, no big deal, as soon as I reach 35 str on her I will drug beast for an unlabeled gat and head straight to MB. :)

edit: Stupid forum made 'HC PE' into 'Hc Pe'... that's just dumb. o_O

MrChumble
15-08-04, 01:13
Beggar cellars are ok at low levels, and once you can use a light fire belt go to el farid and throw nades round the corners. You'll exp like mad.

Glok
15-08-04, 01:17
You think I could survive EL Farid? I'll try it out then. Int levels sooooo slow with HC tho, it will be a while before I can use a light fire belt. I have I think 55k str xp and only 14.5k int xp.

MrChumble
15-08-04, 01:20
You think I could survive EL Farid? I'll try it out then. Int levels sooooo slow with HC tho, it will be a while before I can use a light fire belt. I have I think 55k str xp and only 14.5k int xp.

There's plenty of places to hide in El Farid, then you can sexploit by bouncing grenades off walls and around corners. I think my tank was rank 17 when I went there and was rank 40 a day or so later :)

If you have shelter and a heal that will do, or even just a decent heal. You just need to survive one or two hits while you get into your hidy hole.

Glok
15-08-04, 01:21
'sexploit' :lol:

Seriously, if bouncing grenades is an exploit... blah. What is the point of them bouncing then?

MrChumble
15-08-04, 01:25
'sexploit' :lol:

Seriously, if bouncing grenades is an exploit... blah. What is the point of them bouncing then?

Sorry it's like a CIX slang term, sexploit is something that isn't an exploit but is so clearly sex that it almost is :)

Glok
15-08-04, 01:25
Sorry it's like a CIX slang term, sexploit is something that isn't an exploit but is so clearly sex that it almost is :)Aha! :D

warngau
15-08-04, 01:40
Try to get some sort of combat vhc and then go kill some mobs (swamp warriors or sth, later on doomies etc)...

Glok
15-08-04, 01:46
I have been thinking about vhc'ing, havent decided yet. A scorpion trike would freaking rock, but I kind of plan to make this a PvP char. Of course being lowtech HC, I can certainly spare the points for a trike.

edit: And... remote repair tool won't work until NC2 I bet... :o

CoreKeeper
15-08-04, 01:47
Of course being lowtech HC,...
But a Combat Trike needs TC to use. 51 to be exactly. :p

Glok
15-08-04, 01:49
But a Combat Trike needs TC to use. :pOh. In that case no trike for meh. That's too many points from agility.

CoreKeeper
15-08-04, 01:52
But The Combat Chain- and Hovercraft don't need HC and they pwn Mobs quite hard. I would consider using them to lvl. ;)

Glok
15-08-04, 01:53
But The Combat Chain- and Hovercraft don't need HC and they pwn Mobs quite hard. I would consider using them to lvl. ;)Is the combat hover actually decent? I mean for things like grims and doomies... 50 vhc can be easily spared.

CoreKeeper
15-08-04, 01:55
Well it can be used up to Warbots but nothing more :(

warngau
15-08-04, 02:04
Oh. In that case no trike for meh. That's too many points from agility.

Well, if u use drugs then u wont lose to much points in agl....and low tech hc isnt that uber ;)

Houston
15-08-04, 02:15
Tostino still pwnd as HC Lowtech PE ( but then again its Tostino) ;)

speed gat is ok weapon

CoreKeeper
15-08-04, 02:30
If you like filling up your whole QB with Stamina Boosters it is. :o

Soothsayer
15-08-04, 04:19
Outzone sector 4 is a great place to level with a grenade launcher. It is full of mutants (ranks 10-37), and they are all relatively grouped together in small spaces.
There is also an abandoned cathedral somewhere in the OZ that is perfect for grenades.

Glok
15-08-04, 18:22
Thanks, I'll check that out. How exactly to I get to OZ 4?

Benjie
15-08-04, 18:32
So I made one. What a blast, drugged on beast for the TL7 grenade launcher... those poor rats. :)

Thing is, now I am in aggies at um 12/14. They ******** me if there are 2 or more at once. Plus the nice AoE from the grenade launcher isn't too useful down there. Is there anywhere with massed lower (one chev or so) level enemies where AoE can be used to good effect?

If not, no big deal, as soon as I reach 35 str on her I will drug beast for an unlabeled gat and head straight to MB. :)

edit: Stupid forum made 'HC PE' into 'Hc Pe'... that's just dumb. o_O
All HC users should get to El Farid asap. Bounce grenades off walls from the first room at low level, and then use Fusion and Rocket launchers directly.

Glok
15-08-04, 18:49
Can't use fusion, lowtech. Rocket launchers however... :D

Glok
15-08-04, 20:37
btw, does anyone have a spare MOVEON on Saturn? Sarah could really use one, and there is no way even my spy who has millions is going to get one in the new barter economy that has developed, since he has little to trade.

SorkZmok
15-08-04, 22:08
Level in that creeper sewer in PP1 till you can use a combat hover tec. Use that to kill launchers and aggies somewhere, then use the str 55 gun on the reveler. One night to cap str.

/edit
Alternative route is pp1 sewers, then aggie sewers, then the storage halls in pz4, then reveler. Dunno which ones faster, both ways took me one night only.

Glok
16-08-04, 17:13
Ok this is the setup I have worked out. Keep in mind there is a brain slot open for a PPR when I get one.

http://eastsdomain.com/site/people/skronk/heavype.jpg

Comments? And don't tell me to spec poison. :p