PDA

View Full Version : Account Transfer Details

RayBob
15-08-04, 00:11
This is how I think account transfers should work…

Let’s say you have 4 accounts. You decide you are going to upgrade all 4 to NC2 but intend to only keep 2 of them. Each account has many characters across many servers. You log on to each one and carefully select the implants and 10 quickbelt items you want to keep.

Then you go to Click2Pay and pay to upgrade the 4 accounts. Once the transaction is processed, 2 things happen.

1. You can no longer access your accounts in NC1. In fact, they no longer exist in NC1. Their skill levels, and quickbelt items have been recorded and the information is stored in a temporary transfer database for 90 days.

2. A new NC2 account is created for you with all empty slots.

Now you log in to the web interface to begin transferring characters. At the top of the form, you enter the name and password of any one of your 4 accounts. This will populate a list with all available characters from that account combined from any of the old servers.

At the bottom of the form you enter the name and password of either of the 2 NC2 accounts you intend to continue paying for. This populates another list with available (unused) slots.

For example:

Jupiter: Slot 1
Uranus: Slot 1
Uranus: Slot 2
Uranus: Slot 3
Uranus: Slot 4
PluSat: Slot 1
PluSat: Slot 2
PluSat: Slot 3
PluSat: Slot 4

You then select one character from the top list of characters and one available slot from the bottom list of available spaces. You press transfer. That character is deleted from the top list and the slot is removed from the bottom list. Simple.

The temporary storage database and the web form are so simple they can easily be created in a single day.

Richard Slade
15-08-04, 00:14
OR we could try not to think so damn much and actually let KK handle the stuff..
I, somewhere in my mind, hope that they know atleast how to program in QBase...?

alig
15-08-04, 00:18
Yeah i cant even think in my head how they are gunna do this and make it an absolute guarantee that nothing goes wrong but thats me....

I bet we are gunna have so many missing characters/full accounts and shit due to an error. Being human.

RayBob
15-08-04, 00:38
OR we could try not to think so damn much and actually let KK handle the stuff..
I, somewhere in my mind, hope that they know atleast how to program in QBase...?I don’t understand why people bother posting such nonsense.

One of the purpose of the forums is to allow paying customers to post suggestions if they feel so inclined. I could easily look up every suggestion you ever posted and reply that you too should keep quiet and allow KK to make the decisions without any player input.

The primary purpose of my post was to address two community concerns. The first is the merging of accounts. The second is the fact that many Pluto players do not want to commit their main Pluto character to a multi-character server only to have a single-character server become available a few months later. My method allows them to transfer a single character at a time rather than an entire account at a time. In fact, it allows them to update their account without transferring any characters at all. Their Pluto characters can remain safe in the transfer database and they could just make new characters for a few months to explore NC2 until their new Pluto or maybe even an American server becomes available.

If this is all so obvious and simple as you imply, then why did Thanatos state that the LE issue is causing them to rethink the implant transfer scheme? Why also did Thanatos reply to Jest’s PM regarding account mergers saying that he would “look into it” when the CEO’s statement clearly said that “Character data from different accounts can not be mixed?” Evidently, player input is important in some of the decisions KK makes.