PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

extract
14-08-04, 21:29
I dont have my computer currently at home, so i only get to check this forum maybe once a week if Im lucky...

Ive read the plan file and all that other shiz....

but I dont understand it clearly.....

first concern what happens to accounts that arent upgraded when NC2 comes out? a buddy of mine has been and still is paying my monthly fee....but Im not sure when Ill be able to upgrade......

second concern....item wipe

i can deal with lost rare techs....and even losing the ton of extra weapons i have.....

they say that only items in QB are gonne be transfrered...

does this mean i need to take my MC5 implants and like my SF/Marine out of my head and take my PA off and put into my QB??????? be more specific KK please!

if all implants in your body PLUS QB are transfered thats straight with me....

the only class i see truly fucked by this is the PPU since they are garunteed to lose ALOT of valueble shit they need to use daily.....

anyways....yea please dont merge this when i come back in a week or so ill need to do a search....

OR if anyone has definite answers u can mail them to me djextract23@yahoo.com

Id greatly appreciate it cause this has got me really worried

seraphian
14-08-04, 22:22
at the moment I belive ONLY the QB transfers, so you have to pop your chips and put them in your QB... but due to the LE issue they may be changing that (according to the GMs, I forget which).

Archeus
14-08-04, 22:25
I would say play it safe. If you have an LE, leave it in. Strip everything you absolutly want and put it to the QB, anything extra poke in just in case.

If anyone remembers the LOM mess, where loads of people didn't lom back before the patch, any bets the exact same thing is going to happen this time too.

Spermy
14-08-04, 23:20
I would say play it safe. If you have an LE, leave it in. Strip everything you absolutly want and put it to the QB, anything extra poke in just in case.

If anyone remembers the LOM mess, where loads of people didn't lom back before the patch, any bets the exact same thing is going to happen this time too.

Info plz?

Archeus
14-08-04, 23:31
Info plz?

About what? The LOM mess?

When they first invented LOM pills they had no SI and no XP loss. so people were using them to change to whatever skills they were needed.

It was mentioned that they had planned to change how LOMs work but no exact details.

Come the day, the smart people had lommed out to what they wanted weeks in advance, however what happened when you took a lom was you lost a whole level of XP and no points to spend. People were popping them without realising the untold damage they were doing to their characters. Apart from now, it was the only time in game there has been mass cancellations.

They changed the LOMs to what they are now a little while afterwards, but the damage was done.

So I am suspecting (well I hope KK have the sense not to do it) but come NC2, the old servers won't exist so you can't really log in and suit out your guy then.

*Edit: Before anyone comes back with "they got what they deserve" or "they should of known what was coming". It wasn't overly made public, and the actual effects wasn't told until close to patch day, and then you had to read the patch. I would also say they had more cancellations during that time then they did now (although it could be a toss up).

Spermy
14-08-04, 23:42
About what? The LOM mess?

When they first invented LOM pills they had no SI and no XP loss. so people were using them to change to whatever skills they were needed.

It was mentioned that they had planned to change how LOMs work but no exact details.

Come the day, the smart people had lommed out to what they wanted weeks in advance, however what happened when you took a lom was you lost a whole level of XP and no points to spend. People were popping them without realising the untold damage they were doing to their characters. Apart from now, it was the only time in game there has been mass cancellations.

They changed the LOMs to what they are now a little while afterwards, but the damage was done.

So I am suspecting (well I hope KK have the sense not to do it) but come NC2, the old servers won't exist so you can't really log in and suit out your guy then.

*Edit: Before anyone comes back with "they got what they deserve" or "they should of known what was coming". It wasn't overly made public, and the actual effects wasn't told until close to patch day, and then you had to read the patch. I would also say they had more cancellations during that time then they did now (although it could be a toss up).

Ouch.

notneo
15-08-04, 08:53
the other time i remember a mass cancellation was when the severs went down for how many days and a lot of alts/euipment got wiped last year,i personally lost a alt,which was my only one at the time,i did get him back but 1/2 his cabinets+ gogo had gone