PDA

View Full Version : mouse problems... Oo

tomparadox
14-08-04, 17:47
ok, i cant seem to think of what the problem could be, im useing a laser mouse that connects to the USB ports, im siting here, and the mouse will jest turn off and not move at all ( like the computer dont even know its pluged in, light and all that on the mouse is off ), so you half to lift it up, hold it sorta in the air for a min before it will work again, iv tryed switching USB ports but it aint helping....

PS, a couple times i had to unplug it and plug it back in before it would work again...

Spermy
14-08-04, 17:55
Mebbe at the mouses end, the connector or summat. How old is the mouse?

tomparadox
14-08-04, 17:56
hmmm... not that long, maby a year at the most, i havent used it the hole time though it was for my laptop but i dident realy use it alot...

Spermy
14-08-04, 18:03
*is stumped*

All ur USB ports can't me malfunctioning, unless... maybe... I have a *CURSEWORD* Time computer, that i got for uni. The back USB's didn't work, because of a glitch in the MOBO. But my front ones did, because they werent directly tied in to it. Are all yours connect directly to the Mobo?

LiL T
14-08-04, 18:06
LOL I have been through 3 mouses due to PvP in this game anyway sometimes if you got alot of stuff pluged into USB ports your computer will not have enough power to support them all. If you have any other things like scanners joysticks printers try unpluging some of them to free up the needed power

tomparadox
14-08-04, 18:09
yea, i think these 2 are, i have like 6 USBs in the back and 2 in the front im useing the front 2.

at lil t, nope, dont got a printer on this comp or scaner joy sticks inthe closent cus i never use it. so the mouse is the only thing i got hooked, my keyboard might be hooked up to it i dont remember...

LiL T
14-08-04, 18:13
Sounds like your poor mousey is on its last little legs I mean it can't be broken USB ports if you say it works again after you pick it up sounds to me something inside your mouse it buggered. If I where you I would take him apart inside mine theres these lil wires which plug into places :)

tomparadox
14-08-04, 18:15
u sayin it could be a broken wire? hmm. if thats the case i could re connect the wire or something...

[TgR]KILLER
14-08-04, 18:33
rip the mouse open.. if you din't use it alot it might have dust or anything between well something :p

i'v used my mouse for like 2 years now and still works great. a logitech mx500 btw

Lev
14-08-04, 18:35
I've had this problem before, its falky drivers, uninstall the old drivers and reinstall new ones.

tomparadox
14-08-04, 18:37
iv never had to install drivers Oo, i jest plug the mouse in...

edit

rip the mouse open.. if you din't use it alot it might have dust or anything between well something :p

i'v used my mouse for like 2 years now and still works great. a logitech mx500 btw
ill try that. btw mines a logitech too, dunno what kind though.