PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for people tossing their items.

Psycho_Soldier
14-08-04, 06:29
I have a suggestion for people tossing their items because of the 10 item thing.

Don't toss your shit, because KK doesn't ever seem to be sure about anything so they might let you take everything at the last minute.

Drake6k
14-08-04, 06:32
I have a suggestion for people tossing their items because of the 10 item thing.

Don't toss your shit, because KK doesn't ever seem to be sure about anything so they might let you take everything at the last minute.

I think its funny :p I'm going down with my shit!

Splaticus
14-08-04, 06:33
I'm waiting for the day before we move to toss my stuff. :)

Toma1ak
14-08-04, 06:36
people are gonna feel silly if they threw everything away and NC 2 is delayed.....

Shadow Dancer
14-08-04, 06:38
I'm going down with my shit!

Their are several ways to interpret this statement.........

jini
14-08-04, 06:47
people are gonna feel silly if they threw everything away and NC 2 is delayed.....
No, they are not.
There are times where you say "enough is enough".
From this point on there is no return no matter what.
The silly thing is how badly this was organized, how badly it was implementing and still is... And as time passes by things can only get worse.
Of course there is the possibility of kk-10tacle alliance to really want to drive old customers away and start fresh

amfest
14-08-04, 06:47
I always think it's funny when someone does a leaving thread and tosses all thier crap away and go try other games and find . .that they are total crap only to come crawling back to . ...the fact that they don't have anything anymore because they tossed it ;)

Seven
14-08-04, 07:19
I always think it's funny when someone does a leaving thread and tosses all thier crap away and go try other games and find . .that they are total crap only to come crawling back to . ...the fact that they don't have anything anymore because they tossed it ;)

I think it's a damn shame that a game company gets their customers to that point in the first place.
It's sad is what it is.

Toma1ak
14-08-04, 07:35

My stuff's safe and sound for the time being. I've seen KK flipflop on decisions enough times to know better than to join the mass hysteria. I uninstalled Neocron, it will be re-installed if the feedback is good.

WebShock
14-08-04, 07:41
i agree lol... but i did give some spares away to friends. Do i really need to have 5 X 4 slot holy heals? lol

i found some noob ppu and gave him a bunch or really good spells.

Some guy in saturn gave a noob droner an apt full of raptor drones.

LiL T
14-08-04, 08:40
edit: nvm think it was a different guy

:angel:

NeoChick
14-08-04, 08:48
I sorted and re=sorted and decided what I am going to take and my chars are ready for their move - not playing till then anyway.

But having to make these decisions made me feel like the war has started or something, you have to leave your home and have to decide what little you can carry with you and have to leave everything else behind.

But I have been having this ghastly thought, here my precious stuff is all in the belt, what if something goes wrong and it all disappears?
Also, I don't know where I will be arriving when I come back, since I obviously won't have an LE chip in, is there a possibility that I will be PK'ed right away, or perhaps due to political reasons the guards decide to shoot me, and I drop dead and loose my stuff?

So many questions. Obviously we will not have our apartment any longer so how will our new apartments be determined and will we be placed into our new apartments?

Is there a safe place where we should log out once we have all our stuff in the belt?

james_finn
14-08-04, 08:56
Id probably recommend logging in your ap, its about the safest place you can!

Delphi

Archeus
14-08-04, 09:42

Does it matter? The game is not worth playing since they made the annoucment, unless your trying to make a rare to take with you. Even the pokers are looking for Hercs/SA for work.

SilentEye
14-08-04, 14:38
Why don't they just allow you to shit everything in your gogo and take the gogo with you? O_o

Seven
14-08-04, 17:42
Why don't they just allow you to shit everything in your gogo and take the gogo with you? O_o

More work for them = more money to spend.

Spermy
14-08-04, 17:51

PA1 condition 67/100
PA2 Condition 100/100
Imp gel Charges 56

Etc etc

File size is quite large for transferring every little detail of your stuff, a QB is more managable, and will lead to less hiccups. People will probably tear KKa new A if they hiccup in transfer - this makes it less likely to make mistakes.

Biznatchy
14-08-04, 18:51
PA1 condition 67/100
PA2 Condition 100/100
Imp gel Charges 56

Etc etc

File size is quite large for transferring every little detail of your stuff, a QB is more managable, and will lead to less hiccups. People will probably tear KKa new A if they hiccup in transfer - this makes it less likely to make mistakes.

one gogo hmm
how hard can it be really, i do database stuff on a HPUX system at work and this to me doesnt seem like a big deal to move 40 items with up to 249 item count from one database to another. It really could be done well even just using perl, not to mention a custome c script that could be done in a day by a good coder.

NO its simple really. There has been too many hacks/corupt GM's/exploits/creats/crap/crap/more crap. They just want to wipe the past away and hope they can make some cash before the new servers get bad again.

Jonax
14-08-04, 19:12
Doesn't matter to me whether they wipe everything or a little - I'm recreating Blue Star for NC2 anyway ^^

Lev
14-08-04, 19:31
one gogo hmm
how hard can it be really, i do database stuff on a HPUX system at work and this to me doesnt seem like a big deal to move 40 items with up to 249 item count from one database to another. It really could be done well even just using perl, not to mention a custome c script that could be done in a day by a good coder.

NO its simple really. There has been too many hacks/corupt GM's/exploits/creats/crap/crap/more crap. They just want to wipe the past away and hope they can make some cash before the new servers get bad again.

or a join query....