PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking Pluto...

RayBob
13-08-04, 21:41
Nothing kills an MMO faster than the lack of “M” (Massive). With so much competition in the MMORPG market, it is difficult for any company to maintain a large player base. I also think that games with a more RPG-ish emphasis tend to do better than games like Neocron with its focus on PvP. Not that I’m complaining about NC’s tilt, it just seems that there are more carebearish (not meant as an insult) MMORPG fans in general.

A short time ago, PlanetSide—even with all of Sony Online’s money behind them—had to eliminate two servers to keep population counts high.

It is my opinion that Neocron will always occupy a niche market. Even with a successful NC2, subsequent expansions will unlikely be able to come out fast enough to draw in more player than will gradually leave for a variety of reasons.

What does all this have to do with Pluto? Well, I think it might just be best to have a single English and a single German server, both multi-character, and leave it at that. Assuming the new and improved software and hardware can handle it, it might be the best way to maintain high population counts over the long haul.

mishkin
13-08-04, 21:48
Indeed, single servers = the population keeps steady... would've been enough with one server as a start at least, to see what they can handle and if another one is needed... I'd like to see 2000 players on one server... think plaza 2 with 300 players at once! yum!! :D

Marx
13-08-04, 21:50
Here's an idea: Single server, German speaking populace gets DoY while the English speaking populace gets NC. Now you have labored communication between the two groups, more people, and uh... I don't know what else.

:P

Juht
13-08-04, 21:55
There is essentially what you just said. 1 german and 1 international 4-char servers. The 'extra' german server is to accomodate the influx of german players that they WILL get because of the german advertising. More than likely the german population will be twice that of the current international population, hence 2 german servers and 1 international.

Don't forget that the plan announced yesterday was talking about the german release and that details for a US and Asia release are still in the works. The german release basically entails 2 german servers to support the current german population and what it seems they expect to be twice that in new german players. Which makes sense since they have good advertising plans. The international server is simply available to support the current international population. There will be more international server FOR SURE when they advertise internationally, can't beat the number game.

Remember to petition Reakktor to support character migration when new servers are put online.

Edit: Only people that will be in Plaza 2 in NC2 are the people that need directions. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing about 100 people in each faction headquarters instead -- assuming 2000 players -- since the faction headquarters have been revamped to have all the ammenities and security a person of that faction needs.

Splaticus
13-08-04, 21:58
If all the Pluto people who are complaining up a storm (about 10 vs 40 items)would move to the German 1 slot server, then the 10 vs 40 items debate will be pointless and there would be a large enough English speaking playerbase on the 'German' server that people will be able to always find an English speaker. They may say it is a 'German' server, but so what? It is a 1 slot server, where the primary language will be German, that is all.

-FN-
13-08-04, 21:59
Why not comprimise? Many of the Pluto-minded people, many of which are very vocal and active in the community STILL, after two years may not like that scenario. I know that *I* can't stand playing on Saturn, but I digress.

If my only option was a 4-Character Server, I think I'd seriously start hunting for a new MMORPG. I would comprimise with:

A) A German and an International server, both having TWO character slots, not 4.

B) http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97500 - Then I'd be ok with things as your character is somehow identified in the CityComm as being tied with someone else.

RayBob
13-08-04, 22:50
@FN

I understand the many issues and strong feelings people have pro and anti multi-character servers. My suggestion was not meant to flame that debate. I was simply trying to look at things from a server population point-of-view.

By the way, I have always supported some method of identifying character alts through the CityCom.

ezza
13-08-04, 22:51
lol its funny how a lot of you pluto guys hate us saturn folk

sanityislost
13-08-04, 23:03
I goota say i really want a one char english server in NC2...but if we dont get
one will just chill some place till we do....however will ppl get to move there
pluto chars to the 1 slot english servers when it and if gets launched?

meaning NC --> to random NC2 server ---> Pluto NC2

SiL ..:..

Juht
13-08-04, 23:04
Yeah it's weird. Tbh I wanted to only RP a single char out of beta, but all my beta friends went to Saturn, so I've been on Saturn since. Not only that, since Juht was a public CST and tradeskiller, I knew almost all the really active players on Saturn and their alts. So essentially the same atmosphere as Pluto. My new account I started last month has 3 nearly capped chars now and I really feel like I missed out only RPing my tradeskiller last year. It's fun to be able to play between my Spy, Monk, and PE having different abilities and purposes.

Barak
13-08-04, 23:05
I find that funny myself got no idea where this whole "we are better then you" stuff comes from.

But tbh they have essentially said "bollocks to you" people with several accounts.

oh well

-FN-
14-08-04, 01:03

I don't hate the Saturn people, I hate how the people there ACT. TRADE-NC is a completely different animal there. And such a large portion of the community blatently HIDES behind their anonymity and act like a bunch of fucksticks. If I spent half of the day on Pluto on FuckNut talking in caps and spouting off mindless bullshit to annoy people and then the other half PKing noobs in the cellars because I was bored, I'd pay the price because my main character is then marred in both name, and probably soullight. On Saturn people do that *all the time* and then switch chars when they're done caring. To me, there's no RP in that and it defeats the purpose of the MMO*RP*G. See, there ARE people like that on Pluto though too: MeGaMaN, dog, Smokey, and many others - but that is what they do, they PK like mad and are very vocal about it. That's who they are and they play the role that they want to live. And I don't hate them at all. I'm glad they're around to be honest. People on Saturn tend to just do that as "Random PKer" then go back to their politics on thier "Main".

@ Ray - I understand ya. And I as well completely support the 'less servers = more populated server' ideal, I just would hate to see it be a 4 person server without the ramifications of being responsible for your identity.

RayBob
14-08-04, 01:13
...such a large portion of the community blatently HIDES behind their anonymity and act like a bunch of fucksticksGet ready for the Saturn rebuttals. This is now officially the 1,456th Saturn vs. Pluto thread. Damn Hijackers! :p

…I just would hate to see it be a 4 person server without the ramifications of being responsible for your identity.As I said, I support having alts listed on CityCom.

Xylaz
14-08-04, 01:34
Its just a matter of perspective, nothing more.

I play on saturn for 3 weeks now and i dont see *any* difference in how people act... :rolleyes:
Its just more intense in overall - because of much larger playerbase. But that's all basically.

There is indeed some 'hatred' between pluto and saturn and even by mentioning the 'pluto' i see how people become hostile and abusive, but it's EXACTLY the same on pluto...

The only *real* difference between those 2 servers is more char slots which indeed give simply more power for abusing the system. Its easy and dont cost anything, so people use it to its advantage as often as they can - much more often than on pluto. But again, its not about the people, but the game/server mechanics. And there is also a good side of it - people use to take the ingame issues not so seriously as on pluto, they tend to forgive/forget much often which makes the game a little easier to take (i *really* got tired with all those endless vendettas on pluto).

az

Mumblyfish
14-08-04, 01:38
[To the point]

I don't want to play server where everyone can have there own tradeskiller.

[/The end]

I'll just be happily playing NC1 until a one-character English server is added to NC2, which'll probably be with the boxed copy (which I was going to get anyway).

Lachlan
14-08-04, 01:58
I don't think it's a matter of Pluto people hating Saturn or even Pluto people being elitist. It's just a different style of play.

Ezza, I understand your "you pluto guys hate us saturn folk" attitude, but I've been reading your posts for quite a while and you always come across as "I hate Pluto, shut it down". I don't understand why would care. I mean, if Pluto offends you so much, you don't have to play on it. Pluto players are only asking for the same thing.

Players from Saturn and Pluto being forced to mix on a single server is going to be a bad situtation. Each have their own style of playing and should be left alone to play how they like to play.

For everyone that thinks that a 1-slot server would be a waste of a server, the influx of incoming players will have the same mix of people who prefer 1 char to 4 char. So, a 1 char server will benefit just as much from the new peeps as a 4 char server will.

Now, everyone, stop that hate. :cool:

Scaramanga
14-08-04, 01:58
undefinedooh my first post.
Pluto was first server i tried and i fucking loved it. Use saturn all the while now as its more populated. If the player numbers pick up alot in NC2 id like to think i'll be in a one alt server again, its much more personal and like the man said it has more RP.

Shadow Dancer
14-08-04, 02:00
I think the whole "different styles of play" thing is a big load of manure. :p

Alts should be listed in the citycom. I like the idea of everyone on one massive server having an orgy of sex, tradeskilling, and PvP.

I think once pluto and saturn players join together in the new server, they'll both realize how wrong they were IMO.

Lachlan
14-08-04, 02:09
I think the whole "different styles of play" thing is a big load of manure. :p

Ohnoz, I'm not your hero anymore?

Shadow Dancer
14-08-04, 02:18
Ohnoz, I'm not your hero anymore?

No, you still are.

For now..........:p

Glyc
14-08-04, 03:13
personally im for choice. why not have a 4 char server and a 1 char server. both with german and english speaking gms - so u have choice to speak to one (shock horror - gms seen in p1 o.0). of course the client should be able to change language etc for the npcs and hud? right? right? right? i dont see the need to split the german/intl communities. the only difference is language. if german people wanna speak german then that's fine. it's not hard for ppl to pick up a few german words like "need poke" "searchin cst tl>100" etc. im sure some germans could pick up a few english or whatever language phrases if needed.

summing up, i feel that have choice of chars on a server is more important than language choice. so if we have to have 2-3 servers to start - then why not do it this way?

Glyc

Scikar
14-08-04, 03:15
I don't hate the Saturn people, I hate how the people there ACT. TRADE-NC is a completely different animal there. And such a large portion of the community blatently HIDES behind their anonymity and act like a bunch of fucksticks. If I spent half of the day on Pluto on FuckNut talking in caps and spouting off mindless bullshit to annoy people and then the other half PKing noobs in the cellars because I was bored, I'd pay the price because my main character is then marred in both name, and probably soullight. On Saturn people do that *all the time* and then switch chars when they're done caring. To me, there's no RP in that and it defeats the purpose of the MMO*RP*G. See, there ARE people like that on Pluto though too: MeGaMaN, dog, Smokey, and many others - but that is what they do, they PK like mad and are very vocal about it. That's who they are and they play the role that they want to live. And I don't hate them at all. I'm glad they're around to be honest. People on Saturn tend to just do that as "Random PKer" then go back to their politics on thier "Main".

@ Ray - I understand ya. And I as well completely support the 'less servers = more populated server' ideal, I just would hate to see it be a 4 person server without the ramifications of being responsible for your identity.
You're right, there is no RP, and it is bullshit. But the sad part is, they don't hide behind any anonymity at all. Everyone knows who those people are, and who their alts are. They are just like MeGaMaN and Smokey. It's not like we all have our mains and then our secret alts that we go PKing on and spouting crap over Trade. It takes a certain mindset to do any of that, and someone who is willing to do that kind of crap isn't bothered about hiding behind alts.

Splaticus
14-08-04, 04:57
of course the client should be able to change language etc for the npcs and hud? right? right? right? i dont see the need to split the german/intl communities. the only difference is language. Here is a suggestion, go to Jupiter and make a character. You will notice in about 2 seconds flat that all the names, signs, everything, are in English. This is because the client you have is for English speakers. I know that everything on Jupiter, is in English for me, because I have a peep on Jupiter. I'm tired of all the Pluto whiners talking about 10 vs 40 items, when they are chosing to go to the 4 slot 'international' server instead of the 1 slot 'German' server.

To the Pluto whiners - shut up already. I'm on Pluto, I will be making hundreds of rares over the next month trying to get slots (I have 2 plaza 3 apts full of ID'd rares, which I'll be throwing in plaza), my clan has voted to go to the 'international' server, whoppee f'ing doo. If you choose to go to the 4 slot 'international' server, then dont come here and whine about how you are at a disadvantage, because of your choice. You chose it, now deal with your choice.

Drake6k
14-08-04, 05:01
I hate this stuff. I would rather play on the french server then any 4 character one.

This would work:
4 character german
4 character english
1 character anyone

All of them would have a good number of people.

That is fair!

Shakari
14-08-04, 11:45

I don't hate you saturn folk just your economy :D:D

SypH
14-08-04, 12:23
Our economy ain't gonna matter much soon ;)

ezza
14-08-04, 14:40
I don't think it's a matter of Pluto people hating Saturn or even Pluto people being elitist. It's just a different style of play.

Ezza, I understand your "you pluto guys hate us saturn folk" attitude, but I've been reading your posts for quite a while and you always come across as "I hate Pluto, shut it down". I don't understand why would care. I mean, if Pluto offends you so much, you don't have to play on it. Pluto players are only asking for the same thing.

Players from Saturn and Pluto being forced to mix on a single server is going to be a bad situtation. Each have their own style of playing and should be left alone to play how they like to play.

For everyone that thinks that a 1-slot server would be a waste of a server, the influx of incoming players will have the same mix of people who prefer 1 char to 4 char. So, a 1 char server will benefit just as much from the new peeps as a 4 char server will.

Now, everyone, stop that hate. :cool:
hahaha quote me where i have said i hate Pluto?

i dont, i only respond to idiots who hate saturn.

i have a tank on pluto fairly high level, and it was in the old days always pluto guys going hahah saturn sucks pluto pwns

i recall nearly every shot from a pluto event would have at least one saying pluto pwns or pluto>saturn orsomthing like that

you dont think its a issue of pluto being elitist? you missed some people post around here then.

you know, when i see a pluto player on saturn, i dont so go fuck off back to your server, ive seen shadow dancer, rincey, evil EYE, ascention and Trillian to name a few people, never have i said to them fuck of back to pluto.

yet when i went to pluto i was told to fuck off back to saturn your not wanted so dont even dare suggest otherwise

Even on this forum there have been plenty of thread about the best players of neocron and this aint server bashing or anything most of the skilled players are on pluto. (anyone who flames i'll come on your server and pk you 1 by 1. Heed my warning
ahh you know what Ivory, you can take that comment and you can shove it so far up your ass that it will make blood come rushing from your fucking nose.

im done with this forum. cyas all around

Ivory
14-08-04, 14:40
When I first started playing neocron I had this idea in my head that I will make a name for myself - be it a pk'r, uberst constructor or the best healer(well... 1 of 3 aint bad lol).

With pluto compared to the other servers it is all about making and sustaining a rep for yourself. I dont think its like the other servers with multiple characters where if some shit happens between you and someone else, the you log off get on ur capped alt and pk the mofo.

With pluto if u've done something totally fucked up then you will pay tenfold, it can ruin your rep and thats what it is for people on that server for me personally.

Even on this forum there have been plenty of thread about the best players of neocron and this aint server bashing or anything most of the skilled players are on pluto. (anyone who flames i'll come on your server and pk you 1 by 1. Heed my warning).

Its a matter of preference for people to play a 1 slot server, I would rather have it as well I just prefer it that way.

I dont think anyone is whining on this thread as you may assume splaticus, its just a matter of preference for people who want to make a name for themselves in a 1 slot server, thats the way I have always seen it. People may also assume yeah pluto's dead - but even the lowest number of people can put up a fight as you've already seen on the other thread which was so cowardly unstickied.

Scikar
14-08-04, 14:48
With pluto compared to the other servers it is all about making and sustaining a rep for yourself. I dont think its like the other servers with multiple characters where if some shit happens between you and someone else, the you log off get on ur capped alt and pk the mofo.

With pluto if u've done something totally fucked up then you will pay tenfold, it can ruin your rep and thats what it is for people on that server for me personally.

Even on this forum there have been plenty of thread about the best players of neocron and this aint server bashing or anything most of the skilled players are on pluto. (anyone who flames i'll come on your server and pk you 1 by 1. Heed my warning).

You just never learn do you?

Lachlan
14-08-04, 14:49
hahaha quote me where i have said i hate Pluto?I didn't say you have, I said that's how to come across in your posts.

i have a tank on pluto fairly high level, and it was in the old days always pluto guys going hahah saturn sucks pluto pwnsThat may have been, but I don't think that still happens. Honestly, most of the complete assholes left when the Sept 1st date for doy was announced. Since then Pluto has been a small, tight, mostly peaceful community. I know it's hard to understand, but some of us actually prefer that kind of atmosphere.

I also understand that you like the atmosphere of Saturn. Nothing wrong with that. The people who told you to fuck off to Saturn were wrong.

yet when i went to pluto i was told to fuck off back to saturn your not wanted so dont even dare suggest otherwiseNot saying it didn't happen, I just don't think the chances of it happening these days are very great.

solling
14-08-04, 15:49
Here is a suggestion, go to Jupiter and make a character. You will notice in about 2 seconds flat that all the names, signs, everything, are in English. This is because the client you have is for English speakers. I know that everything on Jupiter, is in English for me, because I have a peep on Jupiter.

dont the npcs SPEAK german tho ? as in i cant understand a word of what they are saying i cant do epics cuz i have no clue as where to go

correct me if im wrong i dont really know

if they do speak english then well might go there

evs
14-08-04, 15:55
Nothing kills an MMO faster than the lack of “M” (Massive). With so much competition in the MMORPG market, it is difficult for any company to maintain a large player base. I also think that games with a more RPG-ish emphasis tend to do better than games like Neocron with its focus on PvP. Not that I’m complaining about NC’s tilt, it just seems that there are more carebearish (not meant as an insult) MMORPG fans in general.

A short time ago, PlanetSide—even with all of Sony Online’s money behind them—had to eliminate two servers to keep population counts high.

It is my opinion that Neocron will always occupy a niche market. Even with a successful NC2, subsequent expansions will unlikely be able to come out fast enough to draw in more player than will gradually leave for a variety of reasons.

What does all this have to do with Pluto? Well, I think it might just be best to have a single English and a single German server, both multi-character, and leave it at that. Assuming the new and improved software and hardware can handle it, it might be the best way to maintain high population counts over the long haul.

So in short - Your point is 'delete pluto so we have more on the other server'

Erm - how about no.

coppertop
14-08-04, 18:17
If all the Pluto people who are complaining up a storm (about 10 vs 40 items)would move to the German 1 slot server, then the 10 vs 40 items debate will be pointless and there would be a large enough English speaking playerbase on the 'German' server that people will be able to always find an English speaker. They may say it is a 'German' server, but so what? It is a 1 slot server, where the primary language will be German, that is all.

Emm I think all the ingame NPC talk would also be in german m8. Try doing an epic or a mission when you dont know what the hell the NPC is saying :)

EDIT - Pluto had plenty of people in it at one time. The population started to drop after one to many delays with DoY. I am pretty sure I am correct in saying that the pop also dropped on the other servers at about the same time. Unfortunately a lot of what was left of the pluto pop were getting kind of bored so they all started temporary characters on other servers and helped to boost the other servers numbers back up.

Thats just my opinion by the way, and I could well be wrong.

coppertop
14-08-04, 18:24
dont the npcs SPEAK german tho ? as in i cant understand a word of what they are saying i cant do epics cuz i have no clue as where to go

correct me if im wrong i dont really know

if they do speak english then well might go there

I am pretty sure the NPC's would speak german. They are after all server side, while the maps etc. etc.. for the game are client side. In other words, the street signs etc. etc. are stored on your PC in your language but the NPC's speech is stored on the server so its going to be in the natural language of the server.

Ivory
14-08-04, 18:28
You just never learn do you?

you're saying that as if you know me personally 8| ..... frankly you're the one who's taking this a tad too seriously as to what part i said. Personally i have no grudges and was saying it as a joke but i can understand if you dont have a sense of humour or fail to see humour even in its subtlest forms............ :rolleyes:

Scikar
14-08-04, 18:32
I am pretty sure the NPC's would speak german. They are after all server side, while the maps etc. etc.. for the game are client side. In other words, the street signs etc. etc. are stored on your PC in your language but the NPC's speech is stored on the server so its going to be in the natural language of the server.
Wrong. NPC scripts are on the client. The only NPCs which would speak german to players with english clients are ones which don't have an english script, such as NPCs related to events, but if lots of english players started playing on a german server they might translate them.

Scikar
14-08-04, 18:34
you're saying that as if you know me personally 8| ..... frankly you're the one who's taking this a tad too seriously as to what part i said. Personally i have no grudges and was saying it as a joke but i can understand if you dont have a sense of humour or fail to see humour even in its subtlest forms............ :rolleyes:
Humour? It's not even remotely funny, or sarcastic. Nothing you said in that post gave any indication that you weren't being serious.

Ivory
14-08-04, 18:42
Here's the smiley that i'll add to what I said just to enlighten you..........

DA SMILEY

:lol:

Xylaz
14-08-04, 19:56
Ivory, i know you and all i can say is you're... ...... ..... uhm, i aint allowed to do that or i'll be accused of clan bashing :p

But anyways, ivory I've always thought in the same way abut the 4 slot servers - you cannot make your reputation there and you cannot work on you r characters in a way u do that on pluto. yet from what i can see now, i was pretty much wrong: most people simply known each other's alts pretty well, and every thing your alt do - adds into your own reputation, not your alt.
At least this is how i see it.

Another nice generalization we got here is made by SD's hero mr Lachlan itself... There is no such things as different style of play of the whole server. This is ridiculous. There is no possibility of such thing. You just assumed that most people play your way and its kinda normal, but you have to understand that this is only because u (as everybody else) tend to play with people who got similiar pllaying style as yourself.
From my experience on Saturn now i can say there are all the same playing styles as on pluto, well couldnt find a roleplayer yet, but i'm there for 3 weeks only :p (it took me 3 months on pluto untill i managed to find one in FA), so its ok for now.
Those are just some wierd myths all around...

Same as with the pvp skill, it's just that a higher player base allows a large skill gap between players and that's all. There are some people who are really worthless in pvp yet there are some uber pvpers as well.
Again, no difference

The only real difference is with all which directly comes from the 4 char system: tradeskills are fucked as most people had their own personal tradeskillers, factions are fucked (clans, clan wars etc)as most people keep their chars in various factions.
That's it.\

Ah, and there are still assholes in pluto Lachlan, dont worry, they never left. Few days ago i've popped there for a minute and starts shouting on my cross-server trade offer, then i got an asnwer from our most respected & famous pluto heroes which was something like: fuck off saturn sucks, stop spamming noob, go back to saturn and fuck off...
I did.

Splaticus
14-08-04, 23:07
I am pretty sure the NPC's would speak german. They are after all server side, while the maps etc. etc.. for the game are client side. In other words, the street signs etc. etc. are stored on your PC in your language but the NPC's speech is stored on the server so its going to be in the natural language of the server. I have a character on Jupiter. I have run missions and Epic missions, they are all in English as I have an English client. The only things which wont be in English will be events, npcs, that are unique to Jupiter.

If the people complaining about the lack of a 1 slot english, aka the 'international server,' are really committed to the idea of playing on a 1 slot server, then they can goto the 1 slot 'German' one. I understand the concern that new English speaking players wont goto the German server, and this would reduce recruitment possibilities. However, just the 4 largest clans on Pluto have over 300 members, so there could be a very large English speaking contingent right away.

Personally I'm hoping for a 1 slot 'international' at release, but I'm leveling up some characters on Saturn, so I can transfer 4 capped characters to the lone 4 slot if that is my only choice.

Shadow Dancer
14-08-04, 23:27
They should just call the 1 slot server, international instead of german.

RayBob
15-08-04, 01:18
Let me make one more futile attempt to rerail this thread.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT PLUTO VS. SATURN!

THIS IS NOT ABOUT SINGLE VS. MULTI-CHARACTER SERVERS

Even when Pluto was at its height, I don’t ever remember seeing more than 600 players on at any time. From MMORPG standards, that is tiny. No matter how well done NC2 is, there is a ton of competition out there and more coming all the time. Furthermore, the PvP nature of Neocron works against it attracting and keeping a large player base.

One year after NC2 is released, I think we are going to be right back where we are now. I am only suggesting a single server because Neocron is, in my opinion, always going to be a niche MMORPG with a smallish player base and maintaining high population counts is crucial to the enjoyment of the game.

Xylaz
15-08-04, 01:22
Even when Pluto was at its height, I don’t ever remember seeing more than 600 players on at any time. From MMORPG standards, that is tiny. No matter how well done NC2 is, there is a ton of competition out there and more coming all the time. Furthermore, the PvP nature of Neocron works against it attracting and keeping a large player base.

True

One year after NC2 is released, I think we are going to be right back where we are now. I am only suggesting a single server because Neocron is, in my opinion, always going to be a niche MMORPG with a smallish player base and maintaining high population counts is crucial to the enjoyment of the game.
True

There will be single char server and as like S/D said it just should be renamed and that's all basically
Where's the problem then?

ezza
15-08-04, 02:06
Ivory, i know you and all i can say is you're... ...... ..... uhm, i aint allowed to do that or i'll be accused of clan bashing :p

But anyways, ivory I've always thought in the same way abut the 4 slot servers - you cannot make your reputation there and you cannot work on you r characters in a way u do that on pluto. yet from what i can see now, i was pretty much wrong: most people simply known each other's alts pretty well, and every thing your alt do - adds into your own reputation, not your alt.
At least this is how i see it.

Another nice generalization we got here is made by SD's hero mr Lachlan itself... There is no such things as different style of play of the whole server. This is ridiculous. There is no possibility of such thing. You just assumed that most people play your way and its kinda normal, but you have to understand that this is only because u (as everybody else) tend to play with people who got similiar pllaying style as yourself.
From my experience on Saturn now i can say there are all the same playing styles as on pluto, well couldnt find a roleplayer yet, but i'm there for 3 weeks only :p (it took me 3 months on pluto untill i managed to find one in FA), so its ok for now.
Those are just some wierd myths all around...

Same as with the pvp skill, it's just that a higher player base allows a large skill gap between players and that's all. There are some people who are really worthless in pvp yet there are some uber pvpers as well.
Again, no difference

The only real difference is with all which directly comes from the 4 char system: tradeskills are fucked as most people had their own personal tradeskillers, factions are fucked (clans, clan wars etc)as most people keep their chars in various factions.
That's it.\

Ah, and there are still assholes in pluto Lachlan, dont worry, they never left. Few days ago i've popped there for a minute and starts shouting on my cross-server trade offer, then i got an asnwer from our most respected & famous pluto heroes which was something like: fuck off saturn sucks, stop spamming noob, go back to saturn and fuck off...
I did.
thats a nice post sir, balanced view.

dark_reaper
15-08-04, 02:31
Bring back Neptune!!! It was the best server of them all!!!! mUHAHAHAHA