PDA

View Full Version : My only question about DOY =) *epic items*

Falen
13-08-04, 21:30
I was wondering something that came to mind from a long long time ago ;) when there was talk about doy =P there was also some talk of making the epic items all faction only after doy came to be... (eg.ppr would be a waste of my 10 slots cause i cant use it unless im proto) keep in mind this was a long time ago but i just stopped hearing talk of it and want to make sure.

so i was wondering if the epic items that are free to all factions now will still be after the upgrade or if it really is pointless to bring those epic items as we wont be able to use them unless we belong to the faction or w/e the case may be =)

joran420
13-08-04, 22:19
yeah....me too....want infos

Birkoff
13-08-04, 22:21
Bloody hope not :P

Everyone will join the same faction jsut to use the best item

OMG ppl in PP :S

TheGreatMilenko
13-08-04, 22:35
ya faction only items would ruin the game very badly

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 23:17
considereing every tank EVERY tank would be a biotech :P, yes thats stupid lol, i hop they have forgot about that

Mobius
14-08-04, 00:41
ye i hope they have forgot about that shit too... so shhh.. dont remind them.. *equips the MiB glowstick*

-FN-
14-08-04, 01:29
Faction items would actually be very cool if each faction had a WORTHWHILE item that accurately reflects their faction head's political standpoint. DRE has two enemies, do they really need a faction implant or weapon? PP has two enemies, do they really need a faction implant or weapon? If each faction had something that was worthwhile, then people would be more diverse. I think the MOVEON, Proto Resistor, and Speed Gat are great epic items. There is nothing advantageous about the Tangent ones when there are better rares, nothing advantagous about the CAPA, but could be if the stats were upped. However, the problem arises with Faction AND Class specific items. The Crahn glove would be great, however it's for Monks only, so that floods the faction with ONE type of class. Weapons can be used by 3 classes, armor by all if done right, and implants by all.

I have no clue where I'm going with this. It would just be cool if factions had an uber weapon/item, but only if ALL factions did.

El Barto
14-08-04, 01:56
I really hope they don't make them faction only would mess it up

Omnituens
14-08-04, 02:38
afaik "faction only" items only apply to the aquisition of the item, this is to promote player trade, bribing, spying, blackmail, general naughtiness etc. which is cool.

faction only use items is a big no no.