PDA

View Full Version : Epics & Post-NC

-FN-
13-08-04, 21:10
Will each character's Epic status's be reset? I ask for two reasons:

A) It's something else to occupy our time and there may have been changes to the epics we've already done so it would be nice to see them.

B) Epic Items such as the DRE Storage Cell and the NeXT Reveler can't be transferred over as far as I can tell - so we need to be able to acquire new ones.

I'm assuming that this will happen simply for the introduction of the REAL Anti-NC epics, but a KK confirmation would be appreciated :)

Shadow Dancer
13-08-04, 21:12
I'm assuming it would happen to. I would hate to be unable to get the crahn glove because I already did the epic. :eek:

Eddie
13-08-04, 21:20
I'm assuming it would happen to. I would hate to be unable to get the crahn glove because I already did the epic. :eek:

Of course this excludes anti-city epics.

But I would love to have something to do - and to see more of the NC2 in it's true glory.

And this would also alleviate problems with the epics - not being able to carry VHC keys. (Also make sure MOVEONs and so-on are un-transferrable).

Eddie

Scikar
13-08-04, 21:29
I'd imagine the anti-city factions would have their epic status wiped so that they can go through their epics (and if I remember right, KK said this when the epics were added). On one hand, this means that pro-city can start their clans earlier, but if you wipe pro-city epic status as well then they can do the epics again while still keeping their epic items. So that might call for a wipe of all epic items and master tags, which would make a lot of people pretty damn annoyed I think. Especially since I believe the plan is for all of pro-city to be able to do all pro-city epics, and the same for anti-city, without moving factions. So us pro-city folk won't have such a hard time reaquiring PPRs and Moveons.

Splaticus
13-08-04, 21:31
And this would also alleviate problems with the epics - not being able to carry VHC keys. (Also make sure MOVEONs and so-on are un-transferrable). I disagree. All this will do is make it so that those individuals who have already run through the epics will get to keep their MOVEONs and PP Resistors, while denying new people who start off at 'anti-city' factions the ability to get these chips. Or are you suggesting that they wipe all epic items during the transfer?

seraphian
13-08-04, 22:27
Think about the storyline and RP for a sec here though, It's never made sense that EVERY top tank has a 'unique reward' from both Biotech and Protopharma, even though they happen to be TG or FA (especially FA with PPR chips piss me off in an RP sense, they are supposed to be bitter enemies)

Dirk_Gently
13-08-04, 22:35
I really hope that they get rid of the ridiculous "PK" aspect of the epics. It just didn't work at all.

(especially FA with PPR chips piss me off in an RP sense, they are supposed to be bitter enemies)

ProtoPharm and FA aren't enemies.

SmackDaddy
13-08-04, 23:58
Seraphian: true, the procity items should be quite hard for anti-city to get, although a black market will always exist.

Dirk: she still slapping you around? Reffering to your tag line...

Ascension
14-08-04, 00:01
Last i heard the epics will be reset.. kinda boring running em over again if thats so.. and what about making your clan again..

Oh shit i cant i gotta go do the epic back in a few hours guys.. wait here :p :wtf:

@ shadowdancer.. i hope what i heard was wrong, from what benji said items are faction based? :eek:

maybe im just jumping to conclusions

zii
14-08-04, 00:07
So, what was the point in doing the epics in the first fucking place? Did we all waste our time?

-FN-
14-08-04, 00:56
So, what was the point in doing the epics in the first fucking place? Did we all waste our time?

No. You paid your $9 a month to be occupied and to do something.

When it's all said and done, if the building that the servers burned down and all the tape backups spontaneously combusted, guess what you're going to get in compensation... NOTHING. Y'know why? Because it's not YOUR stuff. All you've done is invested TIME so that you could accumulate a couple extra MySQL fields to your 'virtual' name.

The "point" of doing the epics in the "first fucking place" was to PLAY the game and to occupy your time. Do you also complain when you have to do a cave run for more exp? I mean gawd daim, you just keeled them all once and now you have to do it again!??? OMGKOSWTFBBQ :rolleyes:

Spermy
14-08-04, 00:58
OMGKOSWTFBBQ

Can I have some? I like bbq's.... :confused:

Ascension
14-08-04, 01:05
Did we all waste our time?

Good point FN, playing a MMORPG is 'wasting time' but its fun and enterainment..

Shadow Dancer
14-08-04, 02:17

Anyways, I know it's aggravating to think of doing the epics all over again. :(
I had the same feeling when I thought chars were gonna be wiped, thank god they won't be. I wonder if all the pro-city epics will stay the same for NC2.

Ascention I think you heard wrong. I think I remember KK saying you can use faction items, you just can't get it directly if you're not in that faction.

Besides, making the epic rewards faction based would be silly. I really don't want to see 95% of tank/pes in PP or Biotech with 95% of monks in Crahn.

:p

Ascension
14-08-04, 02:19
Ascention I think you heard wrong. I think I remember KK saying you can use faction items, you just can't get it directly if you're not in that faction.

yeah i read benjies Beta post he said something bout a faction vendor.. im now guessing thats something else.. :)

seraphian
14-08-04, 07:30
my bad when I said FA... I meant NexT...

as in NexT runners having PP chips even though they're enemies.

I would like to see the players who have master tags just given the epic items (or the new version) as soon as they talk to a faction NPC in the HQ... and then wiped altogether from the existing characters.

I know this will hurt people that bought their epics, and didn't earn them, but then again if you jsut bought it, you can't claim the same kind of time investment as someone who changed factions and did the epic, or who's been a <<insert faction here>> all their life and did the epic as they leveled.

plus you can always buy another.

Honestly though, that's the reason Sera never finished her FA epic, I was worried they wouldn't wipe the status and she'd get stuck unable to ever get teh nioce FA chip (the rumored faction item is a DoY tradeskill ship).