PDA

View Full Version : NC2 marketing: turn arounds

seraphian
13-08-04, 18:31
OK, I thought of this while I was in the shower today, thought I'd share it all with you.

One of the biggest things that a good marketing campaign does is set your product apart from the other simular competitors. For Neocron, there's a few VERY easy ways to do that, because face it, Neocron is unlike pretty much any other MMO you've ever seen.

1: Easy to Learn. The "almost as easy as an FPS" tag KK used to use (still usees?) was good. and it's mostly true. You can pick up the basic UI in a few minutes, and if you're used to either 3rd person shooters/platformers or FPS shooters, you know the basic conventions. you don't have to learn the names of a dozen text-string commands to be effective in any class (IE: is it /tendwounds or /healwounds? oh shit, I had the mob targeted by mistake!)

2: Fast paced:

A battle in SWG/EQ/UO:
walk up to rat, just outside of agg range.
Step into agg range, get agg
back up out of combat range
wait until you're about to attack, step into range.
retreat slightly, let them come to you

In Neocron:
Pull knife
run at spider
hack! Slash! Maim!

not to mention PvP

In another MMO:
Find player you don't like
propose duel
they refuse duel
find another player
propose duel
player backs up to a safe distance and accepts
you circle each other spamming /attack for several minutes
the player with the uber-unique GM-spawn-mob drop sword of ultimate coolness wins... no matter what

In Neocron:
You see a memeber of a hostile clan
Slam clip into SILENT HUNTER and get ready to rock
a few heated passes raking each other with your best weapons, the best, and luckiest player wins.

Skill independant XP:

You can level a tradeskill without having to grind through making THOUSANDS of useless items that no one wants because they weren't made by a high-level.

If you look at it, Neocron really has a LOT going for it over most other MMOs, KK just needs to emphasize that...