PDA

View Full Version : Shadows with the new NC2 engine ?

engl
13-08-04, 14:36
I've just seen this on the NC official website :

In order to make the Wastelands more lively and interesting, we are adding a lot more locations like camps, oases and ruins. New quests will provide an incentive to explore the Wastelands anew. Additionally the general atmosphere will be strongly improved by graphics updates like new sky textures, realistic lighting and shadows, water- and weather effects

what do you think of this ?

[D]est
13-08-04, 14:51
doom shadows? :lol:

mishkin
13-08-04, 14:54
Omg, shadows... System shock 2 had shadows even, and so did other games like 7 years ago :rolleyes:

Benjie
13-08-04, 15:01
Omg, shadows... System shock 2 had shadows even, and so did other games like 7 years ago :rolleyes:
There is a distinct difference between single player games and massivly multiplayer games. Can't you just be happy that the graphics are being boosted so much?

est']doom shadows? :lol:
You are sooooooooooooo not funny.

[D]est
13-08-04, 15:03
noob!

engl
13-08-04, 15:07
and this :

The 3D-rendering of the "Tekktonic - Virtual Worlds Engine" undergoes a major overhaul to take advantage of today's 3D hardware generation's features. Thanks to an upgrade to Direct X 9, the engine will support the nowadays common features like higher texture resolutions, higher polygon counts, and several new shading technologies. This will raise the overall quality of the graphics by quite a bit (real-time bump-mapping, realistic lighting and shadows , photorealistic water etc.). As the 3D graphics cards will be responsible for the majority of the rendering process, the CPU will be considerably relieved compared to the current situation. So the update will even improve the performance in addition to the better graphics.

nobby
14-08-04, 00:08
There is a distinct difference between single player games and massivly multiplayer games. Can't you just be happy that the graphics are being boosted so much?

You are sooooooooooooo not funny.

we if you would see that SOME of us aint havnt been given the chance to see these!

Jadzia Eleazar
14-08-04, 00:21
New quests will provide an incentive to explore the Wastelands anew.

Quest or no quest, it doesn't matter. Been there, seen it already so what's the point? NC2 only will add a tiny city that's all.
BTW, disabling the shadows makes you more 1337. It's just like disabling the grass now.

Nidhogg
14-08-04, 00:24
NC2 only will add a tiny city that's all.
lol, tbh ;)

N

Spermy
14-08-04, 00:26
lol, tbh ;)

N

OOOoooohhh diss!

Niddys getting good at those sly comments - must be all the CRAP he has to put up with from bloody whiners.

Mobius
14-08-04, 00:38
Nid's stabbing remarks > All

Viper Venom
14-08-04, 01:33
=)... mmmmmm real time bump shading, only ragdoll phisics left and the game is perfect lol

Spermy
14-08-04, 02:59
=)... mmmmmm real time bump shading, only ragdoll phisics left and the game is perfect lol

But personally i don't see a PE getting blown off the edge of a building very often, so I'd rather not bother with it, in a game like this theres more to just blowing people up.

You can blow STUFF up too :lol:

TBH mate, it'd be a drain on the game, but thats just my 2 cents

Mobius
14-08-04, 03:37
ragdoll is way far in the future for MMOGs'.. way too much data to be sent back n forth.. unless you'd make it 100% client prediction.. but that would create scenarious that wouldnt make sense.

Richard Slade
14-08-04, 03:55
ye I gotta say that one of the bigger reasons I'm on the forums so much,
is the wait for them golden moments where Nid chooses to talk,
always a slap in the right place.. :D
<3 u Nidstah!