PDA

View Full Version : Stop Whining

MrParker
13-08-04, 10:20
Seriously, no one really cares to hear what you lost, or how you feel about losing it. If you're really that distraught, then go stab your pillow or drown a puppy or something.

Personally, I see it as a good idea, evening out the playing field a bit to let in the newbies. I wouldn't have minded a completely clean slate, but eh they gave us a compromise. Makes it so the noobs won't feel so pressured and maybe will lower the % chance of noob gankage.

Either way, people reacting this way is childish. Whining never gets ya anywhere good.

I myself have a lot to lose in it, but I don't care. I see it as a sacrifice for the greater good :P From what it seems they made the game a lot better... so yeah, I'd rather play a good game with nothing then a shit game with lots of stuff.

Bye bye and bring on whatever flames you guys want to send at me now.

Archeus
13-08-04, 11:24
Here is what you do Mr Parker. Everyone you think is whining (me included) put them on ignore.

Benjie
13-08-04, 11:25
I can understand that you feel cheated and ignored by Reakktor. Desipite what they promised and what half of the community wanted, for reasons in game and for reasons you do not actually know about, they did something which seems to piss over two years of hard work.
You use the words sheep and fanboi all too readily, aimed at a person who does not see eye to eye with your point of view. A big part of the community while disapointed that so many players are upset, are glad that Reakktor are approaching DoY in the way that they are. I could run into details about why I like it and why I think it's a good change, but those would just be my opinions.
The point of this is that while it is good accord to have opinions of the game, and of reakktors decisions, it is not good accord to acuse others of being wrong, blind and sheep for not agreeing with your personal point of view. [The next issue I want to address is hard for me, because I know full well that in doing so I am being a hypocrite, but none of us are perfect, and I'm certainly not.] Basicly, we need to vent out fustrations like adults, and try to hold back from flames, outbursts and other less mannered posts. The Neocron forums are falling into a state of anarchy because people cannot take the time to make requests and give detailed reasons why, but instead make demands and use threats to back them up. If this continues the only sollution would be authority, which means harsher moderation, I will be the first to suggest it to the moderators if I feel it's necessary because I'm sick of all the rantings. For DoY to succeed we need a mature community forums. Lets try and build that forum.

retr0n
13-08-04, 11:30
Stop whining about whining

ronaz
13-08-04, 11:33
Very eloquently put Benjie. I don't want to flame you but I have to be honest. I appreciate what you are trying to do with your posts defending KK and tyring to get people to calm down and think before they post. Basically I agree.

But...

people that are already annoyed don't want to be told over and over again by other 'plain' community members how they should and should not react. Certainly not if said community members already are perceived biased by the community. It only leads to more flaming and outbursts. Please leave the copbots to do their jobs, don't do it for them.

Mr_Snow
13-08-04, 12:28
Very eloquently put Benjie. I don't want to flame you but I have to be honest. I appreciate what you are trying to do with your posts defending KK and tyring to get people to calm down and think before they post. Basically I agree.

But...

people that are already annoyed don't want to be told over and over again by other 'plain' community members how they should and should not react. Certainly not if said community members already are perceived biased by the community. It only leads to more flaming and outbursts. Please leave the copbots to do their jobs, don't do it for them.
You hit the nail on the head.

cRazy2003
13-08-04, 12:28
I can understand that you feel cheated and ignored by Reakktor. Desipite what they promised and what half of the community wanted, for reasons in game and for reasons you do not actually know about, they did something which seems to piss over two years of hard work.
You use the words sheep and fanboi all too readily, aimed at a person who does not see eye to eye with your point of view. A big part of the community while disapointed that so many players are upset, are glad that Reakktor are approaching DoY in the way that they are. I could run into details about why I like it and why I think it's a good change, but those would just be my opinions.
The point of this is that while it is good accord to have opinions of the game, and of reakktors decisions, it is not good accord to acuse others of being wrong, blind and sheep for not agreeing with your personal point of view. [The next issue I want to address is hard for me, because I know full well that in doing so I am being a hypocrite, but none of us are perfect, and I'm certainly not.] Basicly, we need to vent out fustrations like adults, and try to hold back from flames, outbursts and other less mannered posts. The Neocron forums are falling into a state of anarchy because people cannot take the time to make requests and give detailed reasons why, but instead make demands and use threats to back them up. If this continues the only sollution would be authority, which means harsher moderation, I will be the first to suggest it to the moderators if I feel it's necessary because I'm sick of all the rantings. For DoY to succeed we need a mature community forums. Lets try and build that forum.

why should be stop ranting and have a 'mature forum' when we are the money source and players of neocron and KK airnt giving a shit.

i dont want to leave this game because i enjoy it, but how can i continue to enjoy it with all this happening, and what its more annoying is some are getting 40 items and pluto players are getting 10 items.

Benjie
13-08-04, 12:48
why should be stop ranting and have a 'mature forum' when we are the money source and players of neocron and KK airnt giving a shit.
Because it make Benjie cry. <3 Cookie for everyone. :(

http://imagescommerce.bcentral.com/merchantfiles/4898255/Giant%20Heart%20Cookie.jpg (http://www.freehomepages.com/duelist/ff7_tifa.mid)

Jonax
13-08-04, 12:52
what its more annoying is some are getting 40 items and pluto players are getting 10 items.

Only other alternative to make it fair for all would have been a complete item wipe.

Nidhogg
13-08-04, 13:44
This isn't constructive, nor is it discussion. Closed.

N