PDA

View Full Version : Thinking ahead again...

yavimaya
13-08-04, 07:43
I know its pushing it abit - maybe lot- but any chance you guys are working on implementing bumpmapping? I gather not for the Expansion, but any hope of it in future patches?

Richard Slade
13-08-04, 09:17
Not with info but with thought:
I would be stupid to NOT work for the new time so iif it's not already in when we enter you most likely will see it coming

LiL T
13-08-04, 10:21
What is bumpmapping plz explain sounds like some cool graphics feature

MrParker
13-08-04, 10:27
Basically uses lighting to give textures depth, making them appear 3D.

Samhain
13-08-04, 10:27
it... is.

it adds bumps to things. by using a bump map.

you see, everything is made up of polygons, which you apply a texture to. so you've got a flat surface, and to make it look.. welll.. bumpy, you could increas ethe number of polygons, which would be so slow that it wouldn't be practical, or bump maps are applied on top of textures to give them the look of being three dimensional.

Think like a wall with rough plaster on it, that wall is a single surface, flat, and the plaster would be a texure applied, and the bump map would make the plaster look like it's sticking out off the wall and shit. this is much less performance hindering than if you were to make that one polygon for the surface in to like 10,000

Richard Slade
13-08-04, 10:29
Makes those broken down armors reflect light all over in the way a bumpy armor surface would

LiL T
13-08-04, 10:38
Ah I see sounds nice I would also like the Sunlight out in the wastes glare on people like if they had the sun to the left of them. You would get a nice golden glow on the left side of there char :)