PDA

View Full Version : Spyware Help

Seven
13-08-04, 03:31
Guys, how do I get rid of this crap?
Spybot says it fixes it, but it's still there.

See pic
Thanks.

Garg [RogueNET]
13-08-04, 03:33
tryed ad-aware?

Scikar
13-08-04, 03:58
They related to Internet Explorer? And is your homepage always being changed? If it is, you might have one of the nastier variants of CoolWebSearch, so I'd try CWShredder (Google should find it, I don't have the link handy). Failing that, try HijackThis instead.

Liebestoter
13-08-04, 04:03
PM me.

Juht
13-08-04, 04:08
Windows is either denying access for Spybot to delete those registry entries or there is a process that is restoring them. That situation has happened to me with Spybot one of the many times I cleaned someone's computer.

I would try to delete those entries manually with regedit. If they still come back, you will need to look for a naughty process and delete the exe.

Seven
13-08-04, 05:12
']tryed ad-aware?
Yes, it found some other stuff :) but that other crap still remains.

They related to Internet Explorer? And is your homepage always being changed? If it is, you might have one of the nastier variants of CoolWebSearch, so I'd try CWShredder (Google should find it, I don't have the link handy). Failing that, try HijackThis instead.

Nope, homepage is OK, but machine seems rather sluggish and I just re-formatted last week, ran spybot the day I re-installed and that stuff showed up. :confused:

I'll try the ones you named or give a go at reg edit like Juht said.

Thanks all. ;)