PDA

View Full Version : 1 char ENGLISH server

solling
13-08-04, 03:29
im not german and i think most that plays this game is not

frankley i dunno what im gonna do now
i played on a 4 char server and it sucked really i dont like 4 char servers and i dont wanna play on one
but it looks liek its my only choice now, since i dont speak german
i dont liek u never know whom anyone is cuz everyone got 4 chars everyone have their own reseacher and const
i like pluto i play (or did play) on pluto and i dont wanna move to a 4 char server
why is it that we cant have a 1 char english server im sure if we did we would have a lot of peops on it

well what u all think 4 chars or 1 char servers ?
maybee its just me that hate 4 hcar servers dunno

SorkZmok
13-08-04, 03:31
Thats the only thing i am worried about. Give us a 1 char server and a 4 char server. Please KK.

Scikar
13-08-04, 03:32
Yeah, because nobody on the 1-char servers would EVER think of buying another account to get alts, would they? :rolleyes:

And of course, every single Saturn alt is a tradeskiller bitch in someone else's clan to spy. :rolleyes:

And how can you say we would have a lot of people on it? Which server has the lowest population, consistently? I rest my case.

Kaden
13-08-04, 03:33
This should probably go in the sticky.

But i think there should be
1 German server. (Jupi)
1 international. (uranus & saturn)
1 English. (pluto)

Or at least make the second German server with international support, so that english players do have the option.

solling
13-08-04, 03:34
wich had the highest when the game started and for a long long time

pluto did

saturn was a last resort for when the game got booring cuz u got 3 extra slots yay more lvling

i dont care if peops like 4 char servers i just dont
and im sure im not the only one

solling
13-08-04, 03:36
and alts sure i got 2 accounts and yet everyone knows that my 2 chars are the same

take a saturn guy many have 2 accounts that makes 8 chars many of wich are prolly being rerolled all the time

HOW can u ever ever know who is who

its a matter of taste still sure but im still sure many many want a 1 char server

AND this is not a server bashing thing blablabla so lets not make it one

ALL im saying is I want the choice between going to a 4 char server or a 1 char server

i dont want a 4 slot server forced on me

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 03:46
i REALY want a 2 charcter server

that will be so sweet, i can use my tank, and my hybreed, then i can hack with the hybreed and be tanklike with the tank, i dont want 4 ppl realy, but i dont want 1 anymore cos theres so much more to do

Scikar
13-08-04, 03:50
and alts sure i got 2 accounts and yet everyone knows that my 2 chars are the same

take a saturn guy many have 2 accounts that makes 8 chars many of wich are prolly being rerolled all the time

HOW can u ever ever know who is who

its a matter of taste still sure but im still sure many many want a 1 char server

Are you going to stop posting bullshit any time tonight? Because I really want to get some sleep.

Let's get some facts straight:

1) Most Saturn players have 1 account. Not 2, or 3, or 4. People on Saturn with 2 accounts and 8 characters are the minority. If you played there, you would know. But you don't. So you spew this crap about "It's probably like this" or "People do that" when in fact you haven't got a fucking clue.

2) Rerolled all the time? Why the fuck would people want to reroll those characters? Rerolling is something that happens on Pluto when people get bored of a character and want to try something new. It basically doesn't happen on Saturn, because we don't need to do it. When I got bored of my first Spy, I didn't have to reroll. I didn't have to buy another account. I just used the second slot.

3) How can we tell who is who? Simple. First, almost everybody keeps all their alts in the same clan. Why wouldn't we want to? The number of people who like to have alts in enemy clans is no different to the number of Plutonians who do the same. Also, why wouldn't you want people to know who you are? See, that's the main difference. You have two characters, called Lore and Casius. Cannings has two - Earth and Cannings. Everybody's alts have different names. Have a proper look at Saturn for once, at a clan list. What do you notice? That you can tell which alts are who straight away. Take my characters for example - Scipher, Scikar, and Sci. Only exception is my monk Alaka Zam because I though Sci Monk was too corny. There are loads of people who just spell their names differently or put numbers after them. Sure, some people don't, but how is knowing that Rizzy and ObDuRaTe are the same person any different to knowing Lore and Casius are the same person? Answer: it isn't.

And lastly, the reason I can say this, is because I don't have a closed mind. I play both Pluto and Saturn. I'm not like the Plutonians who seem to universally believe that RP is not possible on Saturn, or everyone has spies and tradeskill bitches, without actually trying the damn server. I did feel sympathetic for Pluto players earlier today. They have to pay 2x, 3x, 4x as much as everyone else to upgrade. Then I read 50 posts of how Saturn sucks, how Saturn is full of spies and tradeskill bitches, and nobody knows who anyone else is, etc. etc. Then I thought, why the fuck am I feeling sorry for these people?

Liebestoter
13-08-04, 03:54
Play on Pluto.

Problem solved.

And frankly, to be honest, I'd rather play on a server with 250 ping with 2,500 people than one located in America with the same old blokes running around.

IceStorm
13-08-04, 03:55
i played on a 4 char server and it sucked really i dont like 4 char servers and i dont wanna play on one I agree. I don't want to be forced to play with Saturn/Uranus players. I want to stay with the Plutonians.

I'm hopeful that KK will add a single character English server for US/UK/Asia release.

solling
13-08-04, 03:55
i play both pluto and saturn so i do know whats going on u have friendly factions shooting u wherever all the time u have allied u have neutral shooting u and u know this is true

everytime i go into pp on saturn i cant be safe or even ok around allied factions cuz mostley they will shoot at me mostley without a reason

on pluto allied shoot allied sometimes but there is always a story or a clan war behind it

Only exception
and everyone have an exeption sure 3 of their chars in a clan the 4th isent that a lot of unclanned chars going around killing everyone

and how about we finish this server bashing u got ur point of view i got mine
i dont liek 4 char servers u do fine with me
i just dont wanna play one :)

Liebestoter
13-08-04, 03:58
Yeah, 90% of the time the allied killing on Pluto has some reason behind it.

fix clan wars KK, oh please.

Scikar
13-08-04, 04:06
i play both pluto and saturn so i do know whats going on u have friendly factions shooting u wherever all the time u have allied u have neutral shooting u and u know this is true

everytime i go into pp on saturn i cant be safe or even ok around allied factions cuz mostley they will shoot at me mostley without a reason

on pluto allied shoot allied sometimes but there is always a story or a clan war behind it

and how about we finish this server bashing u got ur point of view i got mine
i dont liek 4 char servers u do fine with me
i just dont wanna play one :)
"Always a clan war behind it"? Come on, that's a joke. Remember the early FF days? "Hey I'm bored, we should start a war with Pimp, but we can't fight SS because we have a NAP, and hey let's have a war with DarK as well!" There's no difference at all - some clans kill people for no reason regardless of faction on both servers, some clans in allied factions start wars on both servers, and some people only fight enemies when possible, on both servers.

The bottom line is, yes, we have separate points of view, but what I'm trying to say is that Pluto and Saturn are actually just the same. There's always people who get all uppity and tell tales of all the assholes on Saturn and how Pluto is so much better, but at the end of the day, it's a crock of shit. Pluto is just a gullible man's Saturn, where it's actually still multi char just you pay extra for nothing. And that's why I don't get why you want a 1 slot server with NC2 - you've been basically milked the whole time, paying 2x, 3x, 4x as much as Saturn players and yet, despite what people say, there's no difference. The sooner you realise that, the better.

Btw, kudos for not losing your temper and flaming me over all that, you surprised me. :p

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 04:06
still think it should be a 2 slot, 2slot prevent ppl doing everything them slefs so we need other ppl, but eneables us to try the new aspects of nc2 like hack net (poor ppluto tanks lol)

solling
13-08-04, 04:09
well i dont agree its the same

and maybee its just me that dont like 4 char servers i just dont :P

so i still say KK should being a 1 char english server

maybee peops will go maybee not

i know i would

i want the choice

Mr_Snow
13-08-04, 04:22
Pluto was averaging just about 50-70 perople during peak in the last few months, uranus was averaging 180ish and saturn about 230, so if KK were going to put in 2 english servers Im sure they would be both 4 slots as they have larger populations, but since both saturn and uranus have large german populations they decided to make a 4 slot german one instead of 2 international 4 slots.

This is one of the few things that make real sense to me in the plan, yeah its a bitch your going to lose your community but so are all servers but jupiter and venus as they will all be merged into 2 servers with people from all 3 thrown in together, and since pluto had the least people on it at the end of NC 1 its bound to be the one to be culled.

@Plutonians cut the 1 slot is uberer then 4 slot because everyone knows who we are bullshit because thats all it is is bullshit along with arrogance, the vast majority of 4 slot people make it well known who their alts are.

Underground
13-08-04, 04:24
Solling, dont be a hypocrite. period.

You have multiple accounts yourself on pluto, and, their all under different names, and you do log another alt when one dies during OP fights and cant get a rez, or when you get ganked you log off log a alt and come back for revenge, whats the difference ?

solling
13-08-04, 04:50
You have multiple accounts yourself on pluto, and, their all under different names, and you do log another alt when one dies during OP fights and cant get a rez, or when you get ganked you log off log a alt and come back for revenge, whats the difference

tell u what u go play on a 1 char server and u stay there and dont play any other server
would that make u happy ? i bet i would not if u are used to 4 chars no ?
i dont wanna play on a 4 char server im used to 1 char server and even tho i got 2 account i prefer it that way same thing.

i want the choice a 1 char server i have played on both pluto and saturn for referance and i gotta say in my opinion its a lot worse on saturn then it is on pluto
so i choose i wanna play on a 1 char server i dont wanna be forced to play on a 4 char server if i dont want to simjple as that

Pluto was averaging just about 50-70 perople during peak in the last few months,
this is true BUT as some of us remeber pluto had the highest player count for a loooong time after the game just came out it was the most populated server with 700 peops on in and it had way higher player counts then any other server ( maybee exept jupiter) and it had that for a year more even

Shadow Dancer
13-08-04, 05:02
Connect all alts someone has via citycom, so you know who is who.

There, solves the problem(*cough* lame justification *cough*)of how plutonians supposedly keep their alts in clan and the evil saturnians use their alts for nefarious purposes and therefore they can't move to a 4 char server.

solling
13-08-04, 05:16
lol sd not really cant more like wont

Shadow Dancer
13-08-04, 05:18
So what do you think about the idea of seeing someone's alts in the citycom?

nugz420
13-08-04, 05:34
Dont like the idea of seeing someones alt in the city term.Personally I could care less if my alts were listed.

But...I'm sure that there are actually proper roleplayers in this game somewhere.Not sure where but I bet theres some out there.I doubt they would want there alts listed as they probably play each character as a different persona and wouldnt want that persona associated with all of their characters.

Jest
13-08-04, 05:43
I honestly think a single 4 slot english server would be awesome. Im mainly thinking about the player count. I mean with only one server youd never have to choose. There wouldalways be someone to fight. Even if off times there would be hundreds of players... thats just awesome. BUT, not without an account merge possiblity. There just has to be one or the other imo. Account merger or opening a 1 slot server.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 05:47
most people on pluto admitted to having multiple accounts... i thought this "hardcore server" attitude was behind us all tbh.

if you dont like the people on a server fair enough... but to dislike a server cos you only need one account for multiple chars is a bit pathetic IMO

Splaticus
13-08-04, 05:50
I think all the Plutonians should goto the 1 slot German server. Come on guys, the only problem will be talking to the Germans. All of the items, signs, city announcements (i.e. "warning highly dangerous criminals within the city limits") will be in English, since that is all client side. And who needs to talk to GMs anyways?

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 05:51
I think all the Plutonians should goto the 1 slot German server. Come on guys, the only problem will be talking to the Germans. All of the items, signs, city announcements (i.e. "warning highly dangerous criminals within the city limits") will be in English, since that is all client side. And who needs to talk to GMs anyways?

you phrased the last comment wrong...

"who can find GM's to talk to anyway?"

:lol: :D :lol:

Underground
13-08-04, 05:52

who needs to make unneeded sarcy comments either :rolleyes:

..i..DemonX
13-08-04, 07:41
Here is da vote

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=106824

yavimaya
13-08-04, 07:51
im not german and i think most that plays this game is not

frankley i dunno what im gonna do now
i played on a 4 char server and it sucked really i dont like 4 char servers and i dont wanna play on one
but it looks liek its my only choice now, since i dont speak german
i dont liek u never know whom anyone is cuz everyone got 4 chars everyone have their own reseacher and const
i like pluto i play (or did play) on pluto and i dont wanna move to a 4 char server
why is it that we cant have a 1 char english server im sure if we did we would have a lot of peops on it

well what u all think 4 chars or 1 char servers ?
maybee its just me that hate 4 hcar servers dunno

What do you mean you dont speak german?!?! does not speaking english stop germans playing on english servers??! do most germans not speak english?!
i mean c'mon, why not ask for a server for fucking males only, and females only, then one for black males only black females, and the list goes on....
your being unreasonable.

Your also assuming that the "multiple slot" servers will be exactly the same... how do you know they wont be 2 slot? or 6 slot?

awkward silence
13-08-04, 07:57
Let's get some facts straight:

1) Most Saturn players have 1 account. Not 2, or 3, or 4. People on Saturn with 2 accounts and 8 characters are the minority. If you played there, you would know. But you don't. So you spew this crap about "It's probably like this" or "People do that" when in fact you haven't got a fucking clue.

2) Rerolled all the time? Why the fuck would people want to reroll those characters? Rerolling is something that happens on Pluto when people get bored of a character and want to try something new. It basically doesn't happen on Saturn, because we don't need to do it. When I got bored of my first Spy, I didn't have to reroll. I didn't have to buy another account. I just used the second slot.

3) How can we tell who is who? Simple. First, almost everybody keeps all their alts in the same clan. Why wouldn't we want to? The number of people who like to have alts in enemy clans is no different to the number of Plutonians who do the same. Also, why wouldn't you want people to know who you are? See, that's the main difference. You have two characters, called Lore and Casius. Cannings has two - Earth and Cannings. Everybody's alts have different names. Have a proper look at Saturn for once, at a clan list. What do you notice? That you can tell which alts are who straight away. Take my characters for example - Scipher, Scikar, and Sci. Only exception is my monk Alaka Zam because I though Sci Monk was too corny. There are loads of people who just spell their names differently or put numbers after them. Sure, some people don't, but how is knowing that Rizzy and ObDuRaTe are the same person any different to knowing Lore and Casius are the same person? Answer: it isn't.

And lastly, the reason I can say this, is because I don't have a closed mind. I play both Pluto and Saturn. I'm not like the Plutonians who seem to universally believe that RP is not possible on Saturn, or everyone has spies and tradeskill bitches, without actually trying the damn server. I did feel sympathetic for Pluto players earlier today. They have to pay 2x, 3x, 4x as much as everyone else to upgrade. Then I read 50 posts of how Saturn sucks, how Saturn is full of spies and tradeskill bitches, and nobody knows who anyone else is, etc. etc. Then I thought, why the fuck am I feeling sorry for these people?[/QUOTE]

AMEN!

ino
13-08-04, 08:30
One question tho. Why oh why do you absolutly have to know who everyone and his 50 million alts are? :) It's not enough to know who you need to know and who they are is it?. What the hell are you "I luub my little club of ppl I know", if the 1 char server get 1000 ppl. and 500 of them have 2 acc's?. Then fuck the I know everyone and their alts.

I'm not saying playing on pluto with the hard scocial group of players is bad. Just that you cant expect to know everyone all the time. I promise there are som who play pluto you dont know who it is, me for example. Had that char since october or november 2002 on pluto. Sure I dont play all the time. But I do drop by from time to time spending a couple of hours.

And I dont have anything against you 1 char per acc ppl having a 1 char server. That way you dont have to sniff that it's unfair that you only have 10 items. 10 items that you char need to go on. Just like the 4 chars of everyone else has the stuff it absolutley needs to go on. What if there is theese 4 guys on pluto who have 3 acc's each and alot more money to spend Irl than the rest of you.. Then thats unfair too cause they get 30 items and you only ten.

But on the other hand you may belive whatever you want to belive and so can the rest who plays mainly on 4 char servers. It's sometimes just too much thoose 4 char servers all have spies all over, and everyone has chars in different factions to war on their friends to mess arround, and there is offcourse some shittalk about the pluto way of playing aswell.. But they still can apply there cause many of you have multiple accounts.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 15:26
One question tho. Why oh why do you absolutly have to know who everyone and his 50 million alts are? :)

while i admit i have been absent from the forums recently...

i dont believe the proposed system forces you to know who peoples alts are?

Sci-B0rg
13-08-04, 15:37
Who gives about how many accounts one has ? Point is, we are being driven off our server. Consider this: what if pluto would have been the most popular server and they would choose a 1 multi-slot german, 1 slot german and 1 english slot server. Would that make you happy ? I doubt it, cos then you'd be forced to go to another server.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 15:39
Who gives about how many accounts one has ? Point is, we are being driven off our server. Consider this: what if pluto would have been the most popular server and they would choose a 1 multi-slot german, 1 slot german and 1 english slot server. Would that make you happy ? I doubt it, cos then you'd be forced to go to another server.

and there was me thinking everyone was going to a new server o_O

the word transfer must have confused me... :rolleyes:

didnt realise everyone but pluto wasnt botherring with the transfer

coppertop
13-08-04, 16:10
And how can you say we would have a lot of people on it? Which server has the lowest population, consistently? I rest my case.

Do you know why Pluto's population dropped so rapidly?. It used to be over 200 most of the time now its below 100 most of the time. Its because loads of people like me stopped playing before christmas of last year when KK were coming out with all there DoY bull and stringing us along again. When we all started leaving there were less and less people to fight, so those that were active went to other servers to find some action.

I only came back a couple of months ago to hunt and cap my chars before DoY in case they actually released it. Well guess what?. It was a total wast of my time and money because I am gonna have to leave everything I managed to get in that time thanks to the 10 item bullshit.

I just checked my gear on my PPU. I have 20 implants, rare spells and constructed spells which I use all the time on my PPU. Thats not including the shit load of buffs of all sorts that I also have in my backpack at all times.

On my spy I have 6 rare rifles, my TT epic rifle that I use for hunting and 4 implants (3 of them being SA/SS/SF) as well as 3 rare gloves that it took me ages to get complete sets for. I am sure I am forgetting something else as well, but as you can see thats 14 items that I definately want to be able to take with me. I could live with losing the rest, including the 300 or so parts I have as well as all the constructed n00b rifles I have for lvling when I reroll my char.

PPS part of the reason the other servers have decent'ish pop levels is because a lot of pluto players went there to look for some action until DoY came out. If there was a one slot international server with the release of DoY you would probably see most of those people heading over there in a flash.

Fafhrd
13-08-04, 16:19
If you want to play on a one char server, go ahead - there will be a 1 char server. I'm sure that you'll get a nice english speaking community there if more people play there.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 16:28
If you want to play on a one char server, go ahead - there will be a 1 char server. I'm sure that you'll get a nice english speaking community there if more people play there.

agreed... no matter what the "official" language is... if all of pluto want a 1 char server, go there. there will soon be a large englis community there

vanpan
13-08-04, 18:11

look here

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=106752

phunqe
13-08-04, 18:17
I would also like a 1 slot server.

However, if the 4 slot server (as only english server) means that we mayyyybe will see a 4 digit server count number on it anytime I would forget all about the 1 slot one :p

Problem is you generally need one asshole server and one RP server (NOT make parallels, just stating).

Agent L
13-08-04, 18:59
All my NC life I played on Pluto. Only off-pluto adventure was Jupiter, coz it's 1slot too.
I want to stay on Pluto, international, 1char.

solling
13-08-04, 19:22
If you want to play on a one char server, go ahead - there will be a 1 char server. I'm sure that you'll get a nice english speaking community there if more people play there

and what about all the stuff there all the new npcs will they be speaking a language i understand ? no they wont
im sure there will be peops there but with doy there is a LOT of new stuff and a lot of new npcs a lot of new faction quests etc