PDA

View Full Version : Rolling a monk

djskum
13-08-04, 00:13
Anyone got any bright ideas as to how I should level dex on a new monk? Been years since I rolled one! Using a pistol work?

DjSKum

cRazy2003
13-08-04, 00:14
its physically impossible since they removed exp from the repair tool, and fucked up everything else along the way.

Glok
13-08-04, 00:17
hivemind would say melee, but I dunno how well that works. I capped dex poking on my monk a long time ago.

Serpent
13-08-04, 00:26
constructing beast / redflash / nightspider / blue fairy..

djskum
13-08-04, 00:29
constructing beast / redflash / nightspider / blue fairy..

Take drugs for constructing? Or do drugs lvl u? I'm confused ;-)

Dj

ezza
13-08-04, 00:53
Take drugs for constructing? Or do drugs lvl u? I'm confused ;-)

Dj
construct the drugs sir.

or do what i did, make psi booster 3s

i threw in Construct chip 3 and glove(total of 30) then get ppu buff and a op and start building

Scikar
13-08-04, 00:58
Constructing psi boosters is a pain in the ass without a PPU buff and a glove, if you can get them it's not so bad though. Melee and pistols still work, I would say melee personally since you deal a fair bit more damage with it.

djskum
13-08-04, 01:00
Ah thankyou Ezza my good man! A little lvling and I'll be ready to get some Dex. Loverly.

Dj

ezza
13-08-04, 01:01
Constructing psi boosters is a pain in the ass without a PPU buff and a glove, if you can get them it's not so bad though. Melee and pistols still work, I would say melee personally since you deal a fair bit more damage with it.
wasnt a prob for me but then i had a glove and ppu buffs handy so guess thats that

but lets face it whatever you do dex leveling on a monk sucks

james_finn
13-08-04, 01:52
the way i capped my monkees dex was through cst, allbeit I did it the woinky way (before i9 realised that PSU was REALLY needed :D) I lommed all my int to cst, and did all my PPU buffs! lol, that capped me pretty quick, although I wont recommend it due to the loss of int exp! not good! But if ya can do low level shiznitch with buffs etc then go for it! Its about the only dex leveling way left!

Delphi

seraphian
13-08-04, 08:40
even a mid-level monk is damn-near invulnerable with the right spells...

I was at PSI 70 or so, using heat resist-2 all blesseds I near-capped and I could solo most firemobs with my self-consd. claw no problem. Grimmies made me break out the midkits, but I could usually survive if I hit and ran and had cover. Got a nice stack of rares and capped my con too.