PDA

View Full Version : If we don't want to "upgrade"

jernau
12-08-04, 23:12
What happens?

My accounts will run for between 2 and 4 months after the latest NC2 release date. I have paid for that time and expect to use it.

Will they be moved to the Classic server as they are or do I get screwed over on that move too?

Nidhogg said this in another thread which implies I can continue playing the game I paid for :

No one is forcing you to move your characters to NC2 so if you don't want to lose your items, don't. Closed.

N
Is this going to be possible or will ALL servers get the wipe treatment?

We deserve to know this ASAP KK. Do one thing right today please and answer this honestly and promptly.

Benjie
12-08-04, 23:17
Classic Neocron servers don't get whiped I think, so you will be able to keep your entire inventory. I may be wrong though.

Teal'c
12-08-04, 23:24
I thought you have to create a new character on the old server cuz your currents characters are on the bdoy servers even if you dont want to

Neocrons_coward
12-08-04, 23:25
What happens?

My accounts will run for between 2 and 4 months after the latest NC2 release date. I have paid for that time and expect to use it.

Will they be moved to the Classic server as they are or do I get screwed over on that move too?

Nidhogg said this in another thread which implies I can continue playing the game I paid for :

Is this going to be possible or will ALL servers get the wipe treatment?

We deserve to know this ASAP KK. Do one thing right today please and answer this honestly and promptly.

Put it one way mate

I aint moving my account into upgrade mode and SHOULD any of my characters be touched real KK tor best brace themself for the biggest homosexual Bitch england has ever seen because I take my money very seriously especially when i dont earn alot so they fuck about with my money and what im paying for ill find the telephone number and will give them the same sort of lecture i gave Brighton and hove city council when they towed my car and trust me that was NOT nice (and no im not camp)

jini
13-08-04, 00:24
From WHAT I see so far jernau, those servers will be abandoned by both KK and players. I dont see ANY future to classic players but I really dont like the new deal about nc2 at all, so I will be cancelling as well, asap. But I really doubt old nc will be the same nc we knew...

jernau
13-08-04, 00:59
From WHAT I see so far jernau, those servers will be abandoned by both KK and players. I dont see ANY future to classic players but I really dont like the new deal about nc2 at all, so I will be cancelling as well, asap. But I really doubt old nc will be the same nc we knew...
I realise it'll be like playing on Pluto (sorry plutonians but you know what I mean) but still it's what I paid for and it's all I'm going to pay for.

I have no intention of paying a lump sum plus double my current monthly subs to be robbed and screwed over but I would like to play out my characters in the game I have loved and supported for so long.

Scikar
13-08-04, 01:07
The way it's worded is that you can only take a certain amount with you to NC2. If KK intended to wipe everything I imagine they would have said that on NC2's release, everybody's inventory and everything else is wiped bar the 10 items in their inventory. My interpretation though of course. ;)

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 01:09
its wierd aitn it, unles u play pluto u dont realy know what we mean when we say we want to keep pluto, its kinda. good, and saturn (sorry guys) is,,, kinda bad lol.

i hope they EVENTUALY get a nice pluto feel server on, i dont wana play in a server where ppl are so matirialistic and gankers. plutos got a nice feal to it, like a kinda unriten rule to be nice to other games, dont jus shoot em cos u can lol

i dont think i could cope on a 1 user server now though hehe, i think ill get my pluto tank and merge with my saturn hybred monk and hacker, SOOO MUCH new stuf to test like.

jernau
13-08-04, 01:10
The way it's worded is that you can only take a certain amount with you to NC2. If KK intended to wipe everything I imagine they would have said that on NC2's release, everybody's inventory and everything else is wiped bar the 10 items in their inventory. My interpretation though of course. ;)Well if so and if "Classic" is treated as an NC2 server then it's withdrawl of service and I am entitled to a refund under UK and EU law.

I would hope KK aren't doing anything so silly but today's posts make me wonder.

/edit @viper - maybe that's how it is/was recently but for a long time that was the other way round - Saturn was the pleasant server and Pluto was the gank-fest. Whatever makes a good or bad server it is nothing to do with the number of character slots.

jini
13-08-04, 01:15
Don't expect a refund. They will just let the game die. Its so easy to do so...
Scicar I just don't get it how you cope with that lame planfile thing... Eventually it's just like going in medi adn starting throwing out yr stuff... wouls you be willing to do this?

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 01:16
lol yes, i joined in teh early days, the gankers left pluto and joined satrun lol

oh and i was mearly stating if they kept the servers intacts as they run now (wich i know they dont) id have to end up playing a diferent server, to test the new fetures

jernau
13-08-04, 01:18
Don't expect a refund. They will just let the game die. Its so easy to do so...
Scicar I just don't get it how you cope with that lame planfile thing... Eventually it's just like going in medi adn starting throwing out yr stuff... wouls you be willing to do this?
The refund isn't important to me - I want the game I paid for. A game that for two years included a free upgrade that is now not only not free but so overpriced and insulting I'm quitting - something I never thought I would do.

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 01:19
on a different note, why would u want to playt a stagnent game that is no fun, (well in comparison to the shiny new game with no bugs), surly its better to dump ur characters and there stuf to play a shiny new better version of neocron, jus think of it as a REALY big roleback

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 01:22
GRR another point, that i feal needs a seperate post (dont get moody i double posted)

over priced??? its like, 5 usd's over a month of subscription, u get a free month like, the cost per month is 12.99. so the cost issue isnt realy important, i spend more in a week drinking with m8ts than in a year on neocron =D

jini
13-08-04, 01:25
well, lets just face it... this is a new game. In fact, this is a game like no other. If you can think of it: they let you start in a new environment, with just 10 things, capped with essential cash.
At least when you start a new game you have the joy of multiple goals. this is not the case with this. futhermore all your previous efforts were meant for nothing. And then there will be the new player base all noobs facing veterans I just dont get it...

jini
13-08-04, 01:27
on a different note, why would u want to playt a stagnent game that is no fun, (well in comparison to the shiny new game with no bugs), surly its better to dump ur characters and there stuf to play a shiny new better version of neocron, jus think of it as a REALY big roleback
Viper, you could just go out and try EVE or another mmorg, why stay here? for which reason?

jernau
13-08-04, 02:08
GRR another point, that i feal needs a seperate post (dont get moody i double posted)

over priced??? its like, 5 usd's over a month of subscription, u get a free month like, the cost per month is 12.99. so the cost issue isnt realy important, i spend more in a week drinking with m8ts than in a year on neocron =D
Bottom line is that the monthly part is doubled AND I have to pay a premium to lose all the things I've earnt since day one of retail.

To me that's offensive and i won't do it. It has nothing to do with how much I spend on anything else.

IceStorm
13-08-04, 02:47
Bottom line is that the monthly part is doubledHow so? you pay $19.95 euros for an upgrade of an account and a free month of service. That's effectively $7 euros for the upgrade and $12.95 for the month, so it's only $7 euros for the upgrade...
AND I have to pay a premium to lose all the things I've earnt since day one of retail.I agree it's a pain in the ass to lose all we've earned, but it's a lot better to get my capped char(s) and their rare/epic items for use in NC2 than it is to be told party's over and lose it all.

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 03:00
Viper, you could just go out and try EVE or another mmorg, why stay here? for which reason?
m8 i beta tested eve, i have about 12 games beta tested under my belt, neocron is the only one that kept me long enough to come from beta into retail (they made a hash of the retail but still good game), eve gets boring, so does DAOC AO SWG(UO did keep my ocupied for a while) runescape (maby the worste game ever) keept me playing for ages, but its to much the same stuf, erm City of Heros lost its apeal after a week or 2, erm,,,,, biosfear, boring,,,,, erm,,, there are others (socilitron was great but laged like hel on my pc, wich is top moddle :(), my head cant remember at the moment, i am however playing WOP, totaly diferent from neocron and the neocron type game, but fun, and could be promising.

basicaly i have played the compertition and neocron is the best :D i woudlnt be still here if it wasnt

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 03:02
How so? you pay $19.95 euros for an upgrade of an account and a free month of service. That's effectively $7 euros for the upgrade and $12.95 for the month, so it's only $7 euros for the upgrade...I agree it's a pain in the ass to lose all we've earned, but it's a lot better to get my capped char(s) and their rare/epic items for use in NC2 than it is to be told party's over and lose it all.
thats what i said :) i dont think he understood me :P

jernau
13-08-04, 11:48
How so? you pay $19.95 euros for an upgrade of an account and a free month of service. That's effectively $7 euros for the upgrade and $12.95 for the month, so it's only $7 euros for the upgrade...I agree it's a pain in the ass to lose all we've earned, but it's a lot better to get my capped char(s) and their rare/epic items for use in NC2 than it is to be told party's over and lose it all.I pay in $ atm - if you haven't noticed they are worth peanuts. My monthly costs would double with the price hike and the move to Euros. The maths really isn't that hard. As for the "free month" I consider that a bloody insult after all the promises to reward the "loyal" players that paid their salaries for the last two years.

I don't want to play a stagnant game but if that's all KK want to offer those of us that kept this thing afloat so long then I'll take it until my subs run out.

As for "no bugs" - think again.

Mr_Snow
13-08-04, 11:55
Jernau, I am 99% sure MJS has said somewhere that all accounts are automatically made NC2, and to play on the classic server you need to create a new one

jernau
13-08-04, 12:00
Jernau, I am 99% sure MJS has said somewhere that all accounts are automatically made NC2, and to play on the classic server you need to create a new one
I better get a refund then.

Before anyone says I'm being cheap I'm not, it has nothing to do with the money I just feel KK need to grow up and realise that they are providing a service for real world money and have to behave responsibly and legally in doing so.

Mr_Snow
13-08-04, 12:08
I better get a refund then.

Before anyone says I'm being cheap I'm not, it has nothing to do with the money I just feel KK need to grow up and realise that they are providing a service for real world money and have to behave responsibly and legally in doing so.
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200405/20/200405202349190639900090609061.html

Everything but the high fees applies to neocron.

MrChumble
13-08-04, 12:12
I pay in $ atm

[Edit: ignore that I was wrong. Hmm I could have sworn it was in euros, now it seems to be dollars. What's 10 USD in Euros?]

I pay in £, but it's still based on the euro price. The price increase is quite minor, if you're really that hard up for an extra couple of $ a month go do a paper round one day a month to cover it :)

Edit of the edit:

The USD price is going up by $5 a month, ie 50% more. Thats approx £2.50 in good ol' british currency. IE fuck all. I spend 5x that on one pizza. Tell you what, upgrade and come play with us, and once a month I'll ship a slice of pizza over the pond to you and then you're no worse off :)

jernau
13-08-04, 12:39
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200405/20/200405202349190639900090609061.html

Everything but the high fees applies to neocron.Intersting but it's much simpler than that - KK contracted to provide me with six months of Neocron for which I paid in advance. If the service I paid for is unavailable I am entitled to a refund. They cannot force me to upgrade and the promises and terms proviedd in writing at the time I last renewed our contract have been broken if they remove my items as part of their "upgrade" process.

/edit @chumble - As I said this is a point of principle not finance. I won't be forced to pay double for something that is a huge step backwards for me.