PDA

View Full Version : Here we have the truth... 4 char > 1 char

rune1000
12-08-04, 23:03
The truth is that 4 charater servers > 1 charater server... I like playing on pluto ( 1 charater slot server ) because there is more roleplay and such in it ( If you dont have an alt account ) but now... we're moving to NC2... we can have 10 items with us and I have 2 accounts... joy... 20 items in total... look at saturn, they can have 40 items on 1 account, 80 if they have 2... so I say... to make this "shit" more fair, I think 1 charater slot servers should be able to transfer 40 items too somehow... if I knew that this "QB only moving" thing would come, I would have been on saturn when I started playing NC.

I dunno how... I just wish we could transfer 30 items in inventory and 10 in QB... and the GMs had to check our inventory somehow... :mad:

CarniFlex
12-08-04, 23:06
guess all those good ppus on jupiter and pluto with only 1 account better get soem good friends for their spells...

(have one char on pluto if anyone needs a mule)

nugz420
13-08-04, 03:06
i dont get this 40 to 10 items debate.Its 10 items per character no matter what server you play.Im sure most of the vets on saturn have way more than 10 items per char they would like to take with them.

Everyone no matter what server they play on takes the same ammount 10 items per character.I have 2 accounts and 8 high lvl chars on saturn.That means i can take 80 items for 8 characters.Let me see what that equals oh yes 10 items per character same as the people on pluto and jupiter can take.

The people on multi character servers may be able to take more in total but it is still only 10 items per character.So yet again no difference to a single slot server.Considering most vets on multi char servers have all slots on that server with high lvl chars.

Edit: so either way the long time NC players are getting the shaft equally.

Mr Friendly
13-08-04, 03:18
we like 1 char cuz u cant log an alt when u get pkd & gank someoen cheaply or just log alt after alt at an Op war, etc. in pluto, if u die, ur ded, GR or get a rezz :)

& i could care less about only gettin 10 items, high slotted rares, techs, all i can get in nc2, im not a lazyass like most ppl who are ACTUALLY complainin they only get 40 items to trasnfer @_@

SorkZmok
13-08-04, 03:20
The truth is that 4 charater servers > 1 charater server... I like playing on pluto ( 1 charater slot server ) because there is more roleplay and such in it ( If you dont have an alt account ) but now... we're moving to NC2... we can have 10 items with us and I have 2 accounts... joy... 20 items in total... look at saturn, they can have 40 items on 1 account, 80 if they have 2... so I say... to make this "shit" more fair, I think 1 charater slot servers should be able to transfer 40 items too somehow... if I knew that this "QB only moving" thing would come, I would have been on saturn when I started playing NC.

I dunno how... I just wish we could transfer 30 items in inventory and 10 in QB... and the GMs had to check our inventory somehow... :mad:

STOP WHINE

Kaden
13-08-04, 03:22
STOP WHINE

Thumbs up. :)

Mr Friendly
13-08-04, 03:25
STOP WHINE

ermm dito? :p :angel:

Lucid Dream
13-08-04, 03:35
Why not give pluto 4 slots until doy?

nugz420
13-08-04, 03:38
why give pluto 4 slots till doy so you can make mules to carry 10 more items per mule?so you can take 40 items for your 1 char.

While us on multicharacter servers with all slots filled with high lvl characters only can take 10 items per char since we have no room for mules?

second edit: i know your just trying to get more of your stuff to go with you.I have no problem with that really I dont blame you.

personally today I have gave away 100mill credits 50 or so built rares and 800+ tech parts all tossed into plaza 2 on saturn.Not to mention the shit I have on pluto that will all be wiped oh yeah then theres venus all wiped.Hmm thats a couple mc5 chips decent weapons and normal rare imps and epic items all gone.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 05:55
we like 1 char cuz u cant log an alt when u get pkd & gank someoen cheaply or just log alt after alt at an Op war, etc. in pluto, if u die, ur ded, GR or get a rezz :)

& i could care less about only gettin 10 items, high slotted rares, techs, all i can get in nc2, im not a lazyass like most ppl who are ACTUALLY complainin they only get 40 items to trasnfer @_@

on pluto people log alt accounts, not alt chars

Lucid Dream
13-08-04, 06:54
My real problem is this: I have a lot of things that I have collected over time, Nema 7-10 for example, you cannot get 7 or 8 through normal play anymore, so they are somewhat of a rarity. Whether I have 1 char or 100 chars on a server, i still only need one set of 7-10. I dont need 4 dildos of maven, i dont need 4 biosignature chips, i need(read: Want) one of each, however, on a 1 character server, Yeah, i can get all of my really really important items, but I dont have room for all of my collected things that you can no longer aquire... 4 char slots on saturn means (to a person like me) 5 or 6 items that are really important for each character. Leaving, 4 or 5 slots for things that are nice, but not really a necessity, epics low slotted rares etc, and with 4 or 5 slots free on 4 characters that leaves 16-20 slots for my collectibles. How about give pluto 2 char slots temporarilly?

Mr Friendly
13-08-04, 07:04
on pluto people log alt accounts, not alt chars

"some" ppl, & do u see ppl with mutliple accounts on saturn? rare - kids mommie's cant afford new accounts :o :lol: :rolleyes:

fatwreck
13-08-04, 07:11
i dont see the issue, 4 chars means you have 4 times as much stuff. honestly once nc2 hits your going to want to play this game so much getting new stuff built will give you something to do with your capped char. pluto people want this extra slot because they think that therse a huge disadvantage since we get 4 chars to move our stuff, however each char needs 6-8 slots just to move all their weapons needed. i need 15 or 16 slots just for my ppu to keep just my top quality spells. hell even my apu needs 8 slots just for spells. i have tons of 3 and 4 slot backup spells i would love to take but i dont get to because its just the way the game works.

Mr Friendly
13-08-04, 07:17
however each char needs 6-8 slots just to move all their weapons needed. i need 15 or 16 slots just for my ppu to keep just my top quality spells. hell even my apu needs 8 slots just for spells. .

what, so u think pluto players dont need nearly as many slots? pfft lol

LiL T
13-08-04, 07:18
Whine all you fucking like people sometimes things need to happen in these sorts of ways.

fatwreck
13-08-04, 07:20
what, so u think pluto players dont need nearly as many slots? pfft lol

um no im saying that most of us are still going to be leaving stuff behind for each char, pluto getting another slot just to transfer stuff makes absolutly no sence.

i havnt even thought about whats in my gogos yet, any of my rare drugs that no longer drop, weapons that dont drop i'd want to have for my noob chars, any rare parts ive accumulated, etc. just the bare essentials are bairly going to fit in my QBs to move over to the next servers. hell i have a few via3 apts full of just dog tags that i would like to move over just for shits and giggles of some of the big named people ive taken down over the past 2 years. remeber 4 chars means ive hunted, traded, and worked on 3 additional chars that all NEED everything i keep in my gogos, however i dont get that stuff.

why not find a person with one of these mystery chars that dont serve any purpose besides moving stuff and pay them a rare weapon or something to transfer your stuff that you cannot live without, since it seems people on pluto are the only ones with this problem :lol:

..i..DemonX
13-08-04, 07:22
Sad but for a like 40 ppl Comunity i wont make a extra Server as well as Company :(

Sure it sux but try to see from the Company side and it is understandable!
Yeah all the good old Pluto players will loose a lott of stuff what makes a lott quit i think but still i think it saves them more money to get rid of 1 Server then keep it up for 40 ppl.

Mr Friendly
13-08-04, 07:26
u dont seem to get it, with ur 4 chars, u have the basics for all ur chars. with one char u have everything ud need in the game from every weapon for ur class type in case u wanna LoM, cabs full of techs & for some poor souls, apartment fulls, why? cuz they only have one char, which has been capped for ages, we have tons. with u guys u get extra slots, u could only need 7 slots for ur tank & have 3 slots left over for w/e ur other chars needed to tranfer also, but o/w. seems all saturn/venus players are the same.

those of u that have gone from the 4 char server & now permanently play on pluto know what i mean. its a completely diffrent experience.

Mr Friendly
13-08-04, 07:28
Sad but for a like 40 ppl Comunity i wont make a extra Server as well as Company :(

Sure it sux but try to see from the Company side and it is understandable!
Yeah all the good old Pluto players will loose a lott of stuff what makes a lott quit i think but still i think it saves them more money to get rid of 1 Server then keep it up for 40 ppl.

back when all servers were populated & nobody had quit. tell me, which server was always the 2nd highest next to jupiter ? lol the only reason saturn is populated now is cuz alotta pluto players went to the more populated server till doy :rolleyes:

fatwreck
13-08-04, 07:28
u dont seem to get it, with ur 4 chars, u have the basics for all ur chars. with one char u have everything ud need in the game from every weapon for ur class type in case u wanna LoM, cabs full of techs & for some poor souls, apartment fulls, why? cuz they only have one char, which has been capped for ages, we have tons. with u guys u get extra slots, u could only need 7 slots for ur tank & have 3 slots left over for w/e ur other chars needed to tranfer also, but o/w. seems all saturn/venus players are the same.

those of u that have gone from the 4 char server & now permanently play on pluto know what i mean. its a completely diffrent experience.

i understand what your saying, however since i have a tank and an apu that will have a total of 4 extra slots to move stuff i dont think that merrits pluto getting 10 extra slots to move stuff for ONE char.

..i..DemonX
13-08-04, 07:31
i understand what your saying, however since i have a tank and an apu that will have a total of 4 extra slots to move stuff i dont think that merrits pluto getting 10 extra slots to move stuff for ONE char.

Why? I mean in fact Pluto is gone with NC2! So why not try to keep the ppl in game still?

fatwreck
13-08-04, 07:33
its not that i dont want you guys to move all your stuff i wish we could keep everything or nothing at all, but think about it rationally. in all fairness do you really deserve to get 10 extra slots because you only have one char when 4 char servers all have chars that need to move more than 10 items also.

..i..DemonX
13-08-04, 07:35
back when all servers were populated & nobody had quit. tell me, which server was always the 2nd highest next to jupiter ? lol the only reason saturn is populated now is cuz alotta pluto players went to the more populated server till doy :rolleyes:

I know but decissions are made on actually pops i think :mad:

..i..DemonX
13-08-04, 07:36
its not that i dont want you guys to move all your stuff i wish we could keep everything or nothing at all, but think about it rationally. in all fairness do you really deserve to get 10 extra slots because you only have one char when 4 char servers all have chars that need to move more than 10 items also.

Yeah true, well i play Pluto since 2 Yeahrs and tbh all i realy need will go to NC2 so im still happy!

ZzarGladius
13-08-04, 07:59
As much as you guys are hesitant to admit it, the thread starter is right in some cases. People can creat alts on the four character servers and be ahead of pluto when Neocron 2 releases.

If a saturn player has 4 slots already filled of cap characters, then they face the same dilema that pluto players are in. If the saturn player has less than four slots filled, and all their filled slots are fully played capped type characters, and they refuse to create mules, then they face the same dilema.

All other examples, the unarguable truth is that pluto players, especially pluto ppu's and hybrids, will be at a major disadvantage to a four player server.

And the "stop the whining" threads . . . try to see it from the other side.

I am a pluto player, with a monk who will be blasted by this . . . and I don't really care to much. I am excited about the opportunity to try to rebuild my character. But the fact of the matter is, with the current transfer system, pluto players are at a unfair disadvantage.

fatwreck
13-08-04, 08:21
Yeah true, well i play Pluto since 2 Yeahrs and tbh all i realy need will go to NC2 so im still happy!

exactly, this is about letting us take what we really need, not our collections of crap that have accumulated over the past few years.

Underground
13-08-04, 08:44

"some" ppl, & do u see ppl with mutliple accounts on saturn? rare - kids mommie's cant afford new accounts :o :lol: :rolleyes:

Talking bullshit once again im afraid Kryptonite...

You say you dont log alts in OP wars or shit, lol... :lol:

Whats Icon then ? Someone else ? Nah, its the PPU you log onto to piss people off with paraspam whenever your hybrid dies, or at OP wars youll bring one and if they die and arent rezzable youll bring the other, hell you even duel log Icon to rezz your Hybrid whenever you die in PP...

Its the high and mighty attitude like this that gives pluto its stuck-up assholes image of late.

Look at what you do yourself before commenting on what youve convinced youself of.

I play pluto saturn jupiter uranus, im a bit pissed at the 10 item change however after thinking about it, pluto is my main server again, so im transferring my 2 pluto chars over, and using equipment from the chars i have on other servers like marines and moveons, so then i dont have to take them from pluto, meaning i can take some goodies like my precious spirit mod and some spare MC5's to use in trades later on or for if i make new chars.

I bet that within 2 weeks of merging into a 4 slot server youll have 2-3 new chars lol...

dont be so stuck in the past or on what you think is right, adapt and look at the good points because they outweigh the bad points.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 15:31

i love pluto "elietests"...

i have no probs with pluto. i play there on occasion myself and am a ** monk.

i play saturn... i have no probs with saturn and have a ** monk.

i play uranus! i have no probs with uranus and have a ** spy and tank.

cos i play saturn im a kid but i play pluto too so im not... O_o

i dont have multiple accounts cos i dont need them. "some" (ccording to old polls the word "most" comes to mind) people on pluto have multiple accounts... people have one account on saturn. is this cos they are kiddies and their parents pay for the accounts, or because they were intelligent enough to choose a server where multiple accounts arent needed?

:disclaimer: i use the word "needed" in a loose fashion. i am well aware that they are not "needed" on pluto, but that doesnt hide the fact that they exist with alot of players. there are people with 4+ accounts who play Pluto, yet as soon as something like this happens they whine about going to a 4 char server. this "hardcore" attitude has got to stop. i dont care how good you are or what server your from (not aimed at you... but everyone), whats the point in the whole <insert my server name> is better than <insert random other server name>?

NC Junkie - just my thoughts

ezza
13-08-04, 15:37
so your trying to say pluto was more populated yet pluto went to saturn cos that was more populated :rolleyes:

"some" ppl, & do u see ppl with mutliple accounts on saturn? rare - kids mommie's cant afford new accounts funny i have 3 accounts, my clan leader has at least 2, another has 3, think there are a few others with multi accounts in my clan also.

now thats just a clan of about 15 people.

i knew a large number of people who had multi accounts when i was in cartel and that had about 30-40 players(ish)