PDA

View Full Version : Agree or Disagree with Item Whipe

Promethius
12-08-04, 20:22
Basicaly its simple, I want to get a number count of what the majority thinks of the proposed Item whipe.

jiga
12-08-04, 20:25
They said so many times that they weren't going to do it. :mad:

RATTLECAGE
12-08-04, 20:35
so much so that if it does happen i will cancel all 4 of my accts because veterans of this game are being punished by this,theyre saying for your years of loyaty and appreciation as a valued customer we gonna take all the stuff you have a massed and leave you with crap.wtf .if that isnt a slap in the face i dont know what is.there fore my neocron experience since beta till now will end when doy comes out. cyas all

athon
12-08-04, 20:37
The point of this thread being? The communitys thoughts on item wip have been polled a thousand times and I'm sure KK took those results into consideration.

What's happening is happening.

Athon Solo

Promethius
12-08-04, 20:41
The point of this thread being? The communitys thoughts on item wip have been polled a thousand times and I'm sure KK took those results into consideration.

Athon Solo

No wats happening is I'm deciding whether i quit this game or not. ( and alot of others aswell).

So I dont need your justifying or ur comments. Just vote and stfu.

-Prom

DonnyJepp
12-08-04, 20:46
account #1

Account
Ihre Kündigung wurde gespeichert.
We got your cancel request and process it as fast as possible.

Account #2

Account

athon
12-08-04, 20:47
No wats happening is I'm deciding whether i quit this game or not. ( and alot of others aswell).

-Prom
How about just decide and STFU instead of posting pointless polls we already know the answer to.

Athon Solo

Promethius
12-08-04, 20:48
account #1

Account

Account #2

Account

DoY the savior of NC or the doomsday?

10 items per char.

Therefor I have to buy another account transfer more items then i got to retransfer come doy jsut to save some of my shit?

-Prom

Promethius
12-08-04, 20:49
How about just decide and STFU instead of posting pointless polls we already know the answer to.

Athon Solo

How bout u jsut make your vote adn piss off yea?

You like it, and you can enjoy playing it with newbs, cuz alot of people are pissed off at this.

-Prom

Vlad
12-08-04, 20:50

Athon Solo

KK give a f*** about the Com. The leaving part of the com is just colleteral damage. But the numbers are more important then the payer, why do you think they rised the prices?

RATTLECAGE
12-08-04, 20:54
i may pay the higher price n such if they let us keep our imps and quick belt and a gogo of stuff any less all 4 accts cancelled

WebShock
12-08-04, 20:55
screw this, i want all my stuff

very very bad idea kk... please reconsider... myself and all my friends really ask you to look at that item wipe. if you want to fix the economy do a cash wipe, but please not items. i have spent way to much time collecting things to wash it all away. my accounts arent worth upgrading if i am to flush 90% of all the stuff i have spent the last 2 years collecting.
why must u always bend over backwards for the whiners?

there is no need for this. please let me keep all my stuff. its a good present for all the devotion and crap i have had to put up with for the past 2 years.

at least make a server for us who want to keep all our crap. that way you can please everyone. let the ones who want a wipe go to another server. i am even willing to go to a multi char german server, which i barely speak, so as long as i can keep my stuff. i am willing to deal with the language barrier so that i can maintain my present gaming experience. i really dont ever want to see another mc5 commander or have to hopelessly kill umpteem million fire mobs or warbots to get that uber rare i presently have. its just not good for us vets

please reconsider

athon
12-08-04, 20:55
KK give a f*** about the Com. The leaving part of the com is just colleteral damage. But the numbers are more important then the payer, why do you think they rised the prices?
To pay for new software, hardware, the overtime the devs are probably owed for their recent high amounts of activity, advertising, production of new boxed editions.

It's not exactly a huge raise - it's 5 Euro's over 6 months - that's less than 1 Euro per month rise.

Athon Solo

Marx
12-08-04, 20:58
To pay for new software, hardware, the overtime the devs are probably owed for their recent high amounts of activity, advertising, production of new boxed editions.

It's not exactly a huge raise - it's 5 Euro's over 6 months - that's less than 1 Euro per month rise.

Athon Solo
Not everyone who plays resides in Europe... It's quite a raise around me.

WebShock
12-08-04, 21:01
FYI
1 euro = 70 american cents... you do the math there tough guy. still i dont give a shit about the rate, i want all my stuff!!!

Benjie
12-08-04, 21:03
*double post*

Benjie
12-08-04, 21:03
I disagree. KK shouldn't have allowed characters through full stop to make it a brand new product. :p A wipe will do I suppose.

seraphian
12-08-04, 21:08
OK, first of all, how are veterens being punished here?

First, you get to keep your hard-earned items, the imps in your head and a quickbelt is more than enough for the REALLY rare stuff you've got, your MC-5s, 5+ slotted items, rare stuff, reward items, ect.

What it stops is the total dominance of people that used unfair methods to gain their items. IF Neocron was a perfect system, with the same amount of money coming and going, this would not be an issue, but it is an issue because of the widespread use of dupe cheats and money exploits.

I'm betting a good half of all the whiners are people that benifited from the duping to begin with.

WebShock
12-08-04, 21:10
em you dont keep the imps in your head. all you keep is what is in slots 1-10

DOH!!!!!!

say no to the item wipe!!!!!

please dont put me in the same class as the cheaters. its not fair to generalize

kthxbye

i didnt dupe anything, i spent countless devoted hours to gain all i have, why should i agree to do away with it.

what you said is the equivilant to me saying that you are a noob that doesnt own anything so you dont care for an item wipe. i want to keep my uber stuff. why should i have to go through the trouble of reaquiring what i already have??

/edit
hmm... looking at your forum join date i have no choice but to think that you in fact are a noob who just got to this virtual world and dont give a shit about a wipe... so up yours pal.

Jonax
12-08-04, 21:13
If you're planning on leaving, you'll already have made your mind up on your own.

Marx
12-08-04, 21:14
I'm betting a good half of all the whiners are people that benifited from the duping to begin with.And those that didn't are the hardest hit.

Millions of earned credits down the drain, my rebuilt collection of historical material, gone. What will I bring? Probably weapons... Because it's not like anything else will have significance anymore.

It's sincerely uncool to go against the opinion of the masses, especially when those masses were there and paying through thick and thin.

Anyway KK, just FYI - It probably would have made more sense and have been better buisnesswise to release good NC: DoY info before releasing this bombshell, at least then it would have padded, and possibly enticed players to stay.

Now groups of people will ignore everything else you say and call it a ploy to keep people from running away.

Unless of course the whole point was to lessen the vet populace. ;)

WebShock
12-08-04, 21:14
im not planning on leaving, i am trying to let this community know that not everyone is on the "wipe" bandwagon.

i wholeheartedly disagree with this decision

Archeus
12-08-04, 21:15
FYI
1 euro = 70 american cents... you do the math there tough guy. still i dont give a shit about the rate, i want all my stuff!!!

No. 1 euro = 122 american cents. It is going to screw over american players. Why pay $16 a month when you can go to other cheaper games?

J. Folsom
12-08-04, 21:16
I'm neutral, I don't particularly favour wipes in general, but on the other hand, I'm positive (Or, as some would put it, gullible) enough to believe it has some kind of deeper reason.

Scikar
12-08-04, 21:17
I agree. It's a shame that some people lose items that they've worked hard for, but I know of several people who own items which oddly are exactly identical to all their mates' items, and have received free cash gifts from a certain infamous character. NC2 is where the fruits of those exploits should stop, and if that means I have to give up all my rare parts and all the random items I've accumulated then so be it, I'm willing to pay the price.

WebShock
12-08-04, 21:20
No. 1 euro = 122 american cents. It is going to screw over american players. Why pay $16 a month when you can go to other cheaper games?damn you are right, i calculated it backwards LOL

what i was trying to say was that the euro is way stronger than the dollar. so in essence, i would be paying close to 20 dollars x 3 accounts a month for this game.

Benjie
12-08-04, 21:22
em you dont keep the imps in your head. all you keep is what is in slots 1-10
Erm, you can put MC5 chips in the Quickbelt. ;)

And those that didn't are the hardest hit.

Millions of earned credits down the drain, my rebuilt collection of historical material, gone. What will I bring? Probably weapons... Because it's not like anything else will have significance anymore.
It sucks, but blame the evil h4x0rs. It really is there fault!

Promethius
12-08-04, 21:24

First, you get to keep your hard-earned items, the imps in your head and a quickbelt is more than enough for the REALLY rare stuff you've got, your MC-5s, 5+ slotted items, rare stuff, reward items, ect.

WRONG Imps in your head WILL BE DELETED. You are ONLY allowed to take things in your quick belt.

its worded weird but thats wat these lines mean:

The character transfer allows the possibility to take along certain items from the quickbelt. For example, weapons and implants can be transferred, while keys of any kind can not be transferred to the character in Neocron 2.

Now he is saying if u look at it closely. That You may bring items in your quickbelt and it gives examples as in weapons / imps IN YOUR QUICKBELT. But no Keys are comming.

SO NO IMPS IN YOUR HEAD ARE COMMING..

Still like the item whipe???

-Prom

Scikar
12-08-04, 21:24
Haven't checked it exactly yet, but I don't think there's much difference if you already save money with 3 or 6 month payments.

coppertop
12-08-04, 21:27

What it stops is the total dominance of people that used unfair methods to gain their items. IF Neocron was a perfect system, with the same amount of money coming and going, this would not be an issue, but it is an issue because of the widespread use of dupe cheats and money exploits.

I'm betting a good half of all the whiners are people that benifited from the duping to begin with.

I dont know about other chars but I am a PPU. Have been since I created the char. I have never been rich money wise (I have never made it past 12 mill and it always slips back below 10 fast when I do). 10 slots is nowhere near enough for a fucking PPU. I have 4 rare spells which I have to take, and on top of it I have a crap load of multi slotted PPU spells which are pretty much necessity's for me, because I cant cap the fucking store bought gear. It took me fucking ages to get good slotted spells and I dont see why I should lose shit loads of hard work just because my class uses far more constructed items than all the other classes put together.

Wipe the money, wipe the damn keys but leave us the fucking equipment we worked hard for. We payed KK a shit load of money over the past 2 years, much of it spent getting hold of the gear we have now and now we are being told it was all a waste of time. If KK get to wipe away all that we worked for in NC for the last 2 years then I think its only fair, hell its only RIGHT that KK should give us a full refund for all the time wasted until now. After all, we were supposed to be paying for the costs of supporting NC, not the development costs for there new game. Way to go KK, thx for the truly awsome support.

I guess, now that the 'new' game is all payed for and finished you figure you can stop pretending at all and just screw us all royally :)

Endar
12-08-04, 21:27
Agree, and this poll aint going to change it otherwise. You guys should be lucky with your 10 items. If you are worried of losing your 10000 rares why dont you go out and get a life? I mean, jesus... This is just a game and you have to pay for it, if it bothers you just leave please...

SorkZmok
12-08-04, 21:28
Best solution ever. I love it.

Now to decide what to take with me...i got nearly 20 characters spread over 2 accounts and all servers. :)

Marx
12-08-04, 21:29
Erm, you can put MC5 chips in the Quickbelt. ;)

It sucks, but blame the evil h4x0rs. It really is there fault!If I run a town with a major river, and I don't build a levee... It's not the rains fault the river flooded and destroyed homes. It's my fault because I didn't build the levee.

tomparadox
12-08-04, 21:29
FYI
i agree, iv spents a ton of time geting my items, and spending time on this game. Dont whipe the items.

Nidhogg
12-08-04, 21:31
Anyway KK, just FYI - It probably would have made more sense and have been better buisnesswise to release good NC: DoY info before releasing this bombshell, at least then it would have padded, and possibly enticed players to stay.
Recently, every single KK post was immediately followed by demands for the information you've been given and any further marketing would just have been dogged in the same way. At least now most of the questions have been answered (although there is still more to come on the English marketing front) so we can all move on from here.

N

Marx
12-08-04, 21:32
Recently, every single KK post was immediately followed by demands for the information you've been given and any further marketing would just have been dogged in the same way. At least now most of the questions have been answered (although there is still more to come on the English marketing front) so we can all move on from here.

NAll I care about is US marketing. If it's good, great. If it's bad, gone.

Also, nothing meaty had been given. Just blurbs. Nothing truly concrete. That's why those questions arose.

Question: Whats with the WoC skills?
Answer: ... Hmmm... Here, check out this deal with apartments.

Question: Will we be able to get all our stuff?
Answer: ... Hmmm... Here, check out this deal with Hovertaxi's!

All the info that was released was about purely asthetic material... Not the stuff we were truly interested in.

In the end, the big complaints and worries came as DoY info became sparce and far inbetween. Had there been a constant steady rythem to release info... I think the forum would be reacting differently.

Because look: Hey useless but cool stuff, hey useless but cool stuff, hey useless but cool stuff, HEY HACKNET!, hey useless but cool stuff, hey DoY trailer featuring current engine graphics... Then this info.

Once again, I'm the forum Cassandra.

Promethius
12-08-04, 22:03
I dont understand WHY we aren't allowed to bring with us our IMPs in our bodys.

Its not like we can HORDE in thousands of imps on one char... It jsut would be a nice place for imps instead of using valuable slots. Shitty move on KKs part.

-Prom

zii
12-08-04, 23:27
From the very start KK said that an item wipe would not take place, and from the very start I have said that I would leave if an item wipe was to take place.

I paid for a stable game with longlevity.

If my time has been wasted again, then I will quit. No point wasting my time to get another raw deal when Neocron 3 comes out.

-=BlackBeard=-
12-08-04, 23:30
neither agree nor disagree

personally we r damn lucky about gettin 10 fucking items so stop bitching its the fucking servers that are pissing me off

NEWs FLASH KK - people other than germans fucking play this game

-Demon-
12-08-04, 23:41
[ edited ]

Neocrons_coward
12-08-04, 23:43
so much so that if it does happen i will cancel all 4 of my accts because veterans of this game are being punished by this,theyre saying for your years of loyaty and appreciation as a valued customer we gonna take all the stuff you have a massed and leave you with crap.wtf .if that isnt a slap in the face i dont know what is.there fore my neocron experience since beta till now will end when doy comes out. cyas all

If anyone knows where real KK tor is based i gsuggest we all go MARCHG outside with our boards saying YOU BASTARDS INSIDE COME OUT AND FIGHT US hehe we want a refund and we not getting anywhere at this rate :P hehe

god i shudnt ave eaten sugar tis having a BIG effect on me

nobby
13-08-04, 00:44
there is a thread with the place on ^^ enjoy!

Benjie
13-08-04, 00:49
[ edited ]
Thats ideally what I would prefere, but I know 99.9% of the community would disagree with me. My personal opinion, my personal wants.

ezza
13-08-04, 01:08
i dont want any item wipe, however i can live with the take 10 items, tho i also think that the imps we have in our body at time of conversion should follow over.

it be a shame if you leave rattle man, already seen to many people i played with from both my clans Followers of Crahn and Cartel leave.

be a shame to see you leave also

however its seems Benjie holds sway over KK, i mean he didnt like the PA colors and look what happened :(

Chaos81
13-08-04, 01:14
FYI

1 Euro = 1.22239 USD

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

joran420
13-08-04, 01:22
rofl whoever said 70 cents == 1 euro....wanna sell me some Euro's at that rate? I'll take 1 mil

-FN-
13-08-04, 01:26
Basically its simple, people who don't view the game like I do will leave. People who simply use Neocron as a method of occupying their time, whether it's standing in Plaza jumping on a pole, hacking warbots, PKing people, or whatever, will stay. I'm here for the game content, the in-game atmosphere and gameplay, and the community. While I've invested just as much time as everyone else and have just as many apartments of stuff as the next guy, to me, this game is not about stuff. It's about jumping on voice and seeing what's up with SXR and then doing something with whoever is on, be it a DoY Tunnel run, an MB raid, or writing our names in backpacks in Plaza 1.

I give a thumbs up to KK for making some decisions finally and want all 7 of 'em to get back to work now ;) The only drawback I'm feeling at the moment is the overwhelming emphasis on the German Community, and the German Players, and the German advertising, and the G... you get the idea. A bit disheartening for someone from the US who runs a clan with mostly US, UK, and Canadian players. I can only hope they become more open-minded.

Glok
13-08-04, 01:31
I can only hope they become more open-minded.I didn't see any anti-english or north american stuff, just that it is in the works. They are a German company, why would they not focus on their home country first?

-FN-
13-08-04, 01:47
I didn't see any anti-english or north american stuff, just that it is in the works. They are a German company, why would they not focus on their home country first?

Well, mayhaps I didn't quite word that right. I realize that it's something in the works and I know it's not like a purposely anti-anything action. I suppose it just confuses me that there's a *lot* of money to be made in the US-college kid online gaming market, as well as everywhere else. I guess it's kind of difficult to explain. It's like, what if you lived in the US, but your favourite TV show was a German sitcom. You're all alone in the US, lovin' this show, and you know people here would totally be into it, but the people who are producing the TV show only put effort into showing it in Germany. Ok, that sucked. That's not even analogy, I just replaced "MMORPG" with "TV Show"... bah.

It's just frustrating to see something with great potential, not striving to reach it :(

Glok
13-08-04, 01:51
With their mention of North American and Asian marketing in the plan file, I think we will just have to wait.

Marx
13-08-04, 01:52
With their mention of North American and Asian marketing in the plan file, I think we will just have to wait.
CDV provided North American publishing.

:lol:

It's a pity, but yes... We have to wait and see.

Promethius
13-08-04, 03:12
Basically its simple, people who don't view the game like I do will leave. People who simply use Neocron as a method of occupying their time, whether it's standing in Plaza jumping on a pole, hacking warbots, PKing people, or whatever, will stay. I'm here for the game content, the in-game atmosphere and gameplay, and the community. While I've invested just as much time as everyone else and have just as many apartments of stuff as the next guy, to me, this game is not about stuff. It's about jumping on voice and seeing what's up with SXR and then doing something with whoever is on, be it a DoY Tunnel run, an MB raid, or writing our names in backpacks in Plaza 1.

I give a thumbs up to KK for making some decisions finally and want all 7 of 'em to get back to work now ;) The only drawback I'm feeling at the moment is the overwhelming emphasis on the German Community, and the German Players, and the German advertising, and the G... you get the idea. A bit disheartening for someone from the US who runs a clan with mostly US, UK, and Canadian players. I can only hope they become more open-minded.

Aight well see how fun a Doy tunnel raid is when ur ppu is using store bought tl 3 heals....

-Prom

SorkZmok
13-08-04, 03:17
1 noob on a server with a working economy (aka no millions of credits, no exploited spirit mods, no duped guns....) > all you fucks who say "I R GONNA QUIT KK!11 I SAWER!!1"

Cause half of you fucks will still be there in NC2 anyway. So stop whine. Thank you.

Kaden
13-08-04, 03:24
I don't think it's a matter of wether we agree with it or not.

More do we accept it or do we move on.

My feelings have always been made clear on this, i think it's been an *almost* fair compromise between total wipe and no wipe.

Scikar
13-08-04, 03:37
Aight well see how fun a Doy tunnel raid is when ur ppu is using store bought tl 3 heals....

-Prom
Pleast point me to a PPU who isn't planning on putting a player constructed Holy Heal in his QB. I want to laugh at him.

solling
13-08-04, 03:41
i agree with is cuz well i want this game to be full of peops

if we dont do anything about this and let the economy be as screwed up as it is now

the n00bs we get into this game is gonna suffer they cant get anything made they cant get anything for the 100K they FINALLY got
its gonna be hell and more then half of them is gonna quit becourse of that

Kaden
13-08-04, 03:43
i agree PPu's are pretty fucked unless they have other chars or friends who have space.

IceStorm
13-08-04, 03:47
They said so many times that they weren't going to do it.Never. KK never said they wouldn't wipe. All they ever said was that you'd get to keep your character.
You like it, and you can enjoy playing it with newbs, cuz alot of people are pissed off at this.There's no way around it. To port billions of items from the existing database to the new database would take so long as to delay BDOY by months, if not years. Even players with legitimately gotten goods have thousands, if not tens of thousands, of items. I'd love to see them allow QB and GG, or even QB and imps/armor, but I doubt it'll happen.

What bothers me more than the items is the cash. With cash I could at least replace the lost apartments. Now, I can't. I'll have to wait a few months to restore my apartments. As a tradeskiller, it's going to be very cramped working out of a starter or even a seven cabinet PP3, assuming I can even obtain a PP3 Small apt key. Knowing KK, those of us with capped chars aren't going to be getting a million for our troubles...

TheGreatMilenko
13-08-04, 03:49
i agree and disagree i agree to wipe to the people that exploited for there things and i disagree to the people that worked hard and legit for there items

Viper Venom
13-08-04, 03:58
I disagree. KK shouldn't have allowed characters through full stop to make it a brand new product. :p A wipe will do I suppose.
i kinda agree, its a new game should have new characters, they only transfering the 10 and money cos they do actualy care about the old gamers, id have said get stufed, this aint no addon its a new game, start from scratch

THIS IS GoD
13-08-04, 04:20
So far I've searched the forums for any post stating that there will be an item wipe except for slots 1-10 and haven't found a thing!!!

However I'll be damned if I'm going to have payed over $300 for the last year of playing for my 2 accts to lose all the shit I've gotten just for it to get wiped cuz a bunch of n00bs who been playing the game just as long who didn't happen to have the luck I did or the other fortunate people who have what they have of great quality can be seen as equal!!!

You want good shit get off your ass and go out and work your ass off for it like I did and the rest of us have granted I wasn't around anyone that new the money exploits or dupe exploits that some were that have gotten their shit.... we'll say properly have, good for them they got one over, I dont condone exploiting but hey why punish everyone for a few's fuck up's that's for KK to look into and take care of not for us to bitch and complain about to get everyone's things wiped so that the few that AREN'T blessed by the slot gods can feel equal that's your probably for not getting off your ass and doing what you had too to get what you want!!!!!

The Big Pink Fluffy Bunny of Chran
Rapture
Uranus
The Illuminati

TheGreatMilenko
13-08-04, 04:39
So far I've searched the forums for any post stating that there will be an item wipe except for slots 1-10 and haven't found a thing!!!

LOOK AT THE NC2 PLAN FILE SMART ONE

sanityislost
13-08-04, 04:41
im fine with it...didnt even think we where gona get to keep 10 items...
only let down is no one char english server..

SiL ..:..

Promethius
13-08-04, 05:10
Pleast point me to a PPU who isn't planning on putting a player constructed Holy Heal in his QB. I want to laugh at him.

It was more or less the idea behind it rather than that specific scenario.

-Prom

Guardian Angel
13-08-04, 05:10
So far, 47% agree to this kind of whipe. That prolly changes while I am typing tho ;)

Generally, I agree to the whipe. It's healthy for the economy. It will set us all back to a certain level. Money will be worth something. You have to take care of your stuff much more, because you can't just run back to your appartment and grab another 5 slot Cursed Soul or whatever weapon you use.

I have collected a few hundred rares over the past years, I have constructed hundreds of nice items. I gathered many items with a high "collectors value", such as a Copbot rifle, Kamis, name it. Some things have grown on a sentimental value over the years. All those items I will just make screenshots of and thats it.

As for me and my constructor I will probably just put the MC5 implants, my glove and my tool into my quickbelt and 2 or 3 of my most valuable stuff. Then I will start over again - I am looking forward to it.

I second Prom when he says that at least the imps should be transferred as well, that can't be too hard to achieve for KK.

What I dislike about the whole whipe thing is the information policy Reakktor has. I would like to believe that what was said in one of the above posts is wrong, i.e. they tightened the time frame to inform us, because they wanted as many people paying for a game they wouldnt pay for if they knew all that's happening now. But I am afraid that is what they were thinking about...

We will see what the future will bring, Neocron is still a game I will like to play because of its community not because of its items ingame.

Regards,
Guardian Angel

Promethius
13-08-04, 05:13
I understand the reasoning for the whipe. but it jsut sucks because when You've gained your items legitly and gathered them since beginning of retail. it sux to see it all go away. Either way its good for economy and for the MASS duped items i guess its good for that aswell.

But dmanit give us our imps :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

and qb slots aswell.

-Prom

Guardian Angel
13-08-04, 05:19
Exactly. I would like that. All imps you have currently in 'plus' the 10 QB slots. I really don't see a sense in having to rip out my imps, put them into my QB and then wait forever to find a poker that probably forgot to put his poking glove into the QB or can't afford the rare drug to be able to poke TL 115 :p

Scikar
13-08-04, 05:21
It was more or less the idea behind it rather than that specific scenario.

-Prom
I know. The whole point of 10 items is because of that idea. So characters in NC2 will be mostly prepared, but without having to keep the current screwed up economy. If KK had decided to wipe everything, then I would agree with you.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 05:32

-Prom

i dont see how a poll showing everyones opinion helps you decide if you wanna quit or not o_O

i have played since beta 3... and i will hate losing a whole load of items / money... however i will deal with it. tbh the game needs clearing up.

from the plan file and the thread surrounding it i am confused as to what is staying. some say just QB, some say QB and imps. personally i would like QB / imps / armour.

imagine spawning into NC2, with your 10 items and no imps / armour / ammo. you now need to buy a lower TL weapon (damn you for transfering a CS and no TPC O_o), some ammo and some armour to survive out there... its not a simple matter of "oh armours buyable thats no problem"... it is a problem when you consider how much you will need to get on your feet.

however all in all i am for this. as i said i would prefer keeping imps / armour / QB, but whatever KK goes for im behind them on this.

Archeus
13-08-04, 13:39
So far, 47% agree to this kind of whipe. That prolly changes while I am typing tho ;)

Poll is biased though (as well as not sticky). Anyone who would of quit would of done so by now. There were numerous account cancellations last night followed by mass closing of threads (and possibly banning of those people from this forum). Hence the reason for the current poll.

I've cancelled two accounts, keeping 1 to look at NC2 but I am not at all happy with the item wipe and I've made my point with my wallet.

Swelly
13-08-04, 14:08
Well I disagree to itemwipe
Reason:I have been paying to get all my stuff with real life cash.
So I wonder how legal it even is.I mean then they can just wipe
our chars now and then so we have to pay more cash to play mroe to
get stuff back

Dim
13-08-04, 14:14
Technically all stuff ingame is owned by KK.. therefore they can do what they want.

Oh and if I'm wrong there.. what would happen if the game was discontinued, you'd lose all your items too, and the money you spent on them, you think it would be illegal for them to discontinue the game then?

El_MUERkO
13-08-04, 14:25
Option 1: Quickbelt only = :(

Option 2: Give us Implants and Quickbelt and it wouldnt be the end of the world for my runners but I can understand how traders might be upset.

Option 3: Give us Implants + Quickbelt + Ineventory + Gogo where all stacks were set to 1 so you couldnt have 249 C10s in stacks and I'd be happy as pie along with 90% of other players and the economy wouldnt be borked.

----------------

Option 3 is not only possible but practical and cant bork the economy.

Archeus
13-08-04, 14:37
Option 3: Give us Implants + Quickbelt + Ineventory + Gogo where all stacks were set to 1 so you couldnt have 249 C10s in stacks and I'd be happy as pie along with 90% of other players and the economy wouldnt be borked.

This would be acceptable, have it delete all but 1 of a stack.

Wouter
13-08-04, 15:00

i could live with that.

but 10 items is way too low, hope they will change it :(

could live with an moneywipe too.
all the rarehunting again :mad:

edit: hmm, was just thinking, you cant switch le'd chars to doy then.
(i dont have le'd chars myself but who has got then cant).

you need to take out the LE to save it. but you cant put it back in when youre above xx/30. So that sucks for the players who wants to keep their le's in.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 15:23

personally I'd say thats too much.

i think QB / Imps (i did think armour too... i am not sure on armour. its not irreplacable, but it is expensive to replace and we dont know what funds we will have, and personally i rate Ammo higher than Armour)

Yanishka
13-08-04, 15:42
QuickBelt + GOGO for items would be ok by me and nothing in stacks either....

AND WHY CAN'T WE KEEP OUR VEHICLES (I made a Driver/Repairer Spy).... I spent ages building all my vehicles....this suxs....surley its not hard like transferring stuff from apartments. If KK'RAP are worried about people selling them why not make them unsellable to NPC's.... its not as if people sell vehicles to NPC's anyway.....I think?

Hell I don't mind losing all my Money/Aprtments just as long as I can store some vehicles in my GOGO....

50 items including keys will make me transfer to NC2 otherwise its bye bye for good....

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 15:45
QuickBelt + GOGO for items would be ok by me and nothing in stacks either....

AND WHY CAN'T WE KEEP OUR VEHICLES (I made a Driver/Repairer Spy).... I spent ages building all my vehicles....this suxs....surley its not hard like transferring stuff from apartments. If KK'RAP are worried about people selling them why not make them unsellable to NPC's.... its not as if people sell vehicles to NPC's anyway.....I think?

Hell I don't mind losing all my Money/Aprtments just as long as I can store some vehicles in my GOGO....

50 items including keys will make me transfer to NC2 otherwise its bye bye for good....

really?

people used to earn LOADS by selling keys...

:edit:

i have benn here since beta 3. i have items i didnt think i would ever lose...

but you have to deal with it. tbh if losing a few items in a computer game is the worst thing that happens to you... its been a fairly good day. i have a single account and play 9 chars spread over 3 servers... thats 9 chars to keep 10 items each with. ill squeeze in what i absolutely need... and loose the rest.

cRazy2003
13-08-04, 15:57
if were allowed to bring more then 10 items on our pluto chars (30-40 items would be better) i'll agree with the item wipe, if not i disagree and will probably quit.

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 16:00
if were allowed to bring more then 10 items on our pluto chars (30-40 items would be better) i'll agree with the item wipe, if not i disagree and will probably quit.

*sigh* why are pluto chars entitled 40 slots, while my uranus chars are entitled 40 slots between four of them?

Xizor
13-08-04, 16:05
I believe the people who think the item wipe is a bad idea are the people who either cannot see what is best for the game, or are egoistic people.

"I have 10 cs'es for when my 5 slotter breaks, in about 10.000 hours of PvP"

We have ppus crying that they need more slots than others, WHY!?`
PPU:
DS
Psicore
HH
HS
HD
PA
Para
Psi 3 chip
Psi 2 chip
Booster

Everything else is replacable in about 2-5 hours of gameplay. And don't give me the Cath sanc, truesight sanc crap. Those spells SUCK and are NOT needed.

My tank will look like this:
CS
Mal
MS
TSG
Marine
Moveon
Resistor
Dev
Booster
Booster

I don't get all those people saying: "ALL MY HARD WORK IN 2 YEARS WASTED, ONOZ". If work is what you call this game, then maybe you should play something else. "But PVP is the only thing I play for, and getting the items are hard work and not fun" I tend to agree, but ffs. You can get rare weapons, MC5 chips, rare chips everything you need in like 30-40 hours of gameplay.

I also do not understand why you guys can't see how GREAT this is for NC. Now ALL the english players are on one server!?
Imagine: 100 vs 100 Vet OPfights with good fps on the new engine.
Imagine: logging on and seeing 700 players on the server.
Imagine: Beating all the people you always wanted to duel/pk but newer got to because they played on another server..
Just imagine how much better this game will get?

And if you absolutely want to quit because your precious 300 5 slot stilettoes are getting deleted. Then GREAT. NO ONE WILL MISS YOU!

Oh and please remember, it's just a game, it's virtuel. Don't get too upset, it's not like it's changing your life is it?....Is it?

Yanishka
13-08-04, 16:12
I for one am glad you are relaxed about it Jester :lol: , I myself have only been wif NC a year...... mainly its the way KK have gone about this whole thing... they are awful at community feedback and keeping the community informed and as such people feel less valued and its especially so for people who have been laying longer.

Buy people should be able to transfer anything they have worked hard for except Apartment keys (I agree with that)

If KK'RAP can screw people like this... then they will do it again like they have many times before.... This will also hurt new players coming to NC2 as well and the community as a whole as they will be fighting over WB and rare hunting... NC2 will not have a pleasant atmosphere for months and may put of new players.... hell Neocron needs all the help it can get

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 16:12
I believe the people who think the item wipe is a bad idea are the people who either cannot see what is best for the game, or are egoistic people.

"I have 10 cs'es for when my 5 slotter breaks, in about 10.000 hours of PvP"

We have ppus crying that they need more slots than others, WHY!?`
PPU:
DS
Psicore
HH
HS
HD
PA
Para
Psi 3 chip
Psi 2 chip
Booster

Everything else is replacable in about 2-5 hours of gameplay. And don't give me the Cath sanc, truesight sanc crap. Those spells SUCK and are NOT needed.

My tank will look like this:
CS
Mal
MS
TSG
Marine
Moveon
Resistor
Dev
Booster
Booster

I don't get all those people saying: "ALL MY HARD WORK IN 2 YEARS WASTED, ONOZ". If work is what you call this game, then maybe you should play something else. "But PVP is the only thing I play for, and getting the items are hard work and not fun" I tend to agree, but ffs. You can get rare weapons, MC5 chips, rare chips everything you need in like 30-40 hours of gameplay.

I also do not understand why you guys can't see how GREAT this is for NC. Now ALL the english players are on one server!?
Imagine: 100 vs 100 Vet OPfights with good fps on the new engine.
Imagine: logging on and seeing 700 players on the server.
Imagine: Beating all the people you always wanted to duel/pk but newer got to because they played on another server..
Just imagine how much better this game will get?

And if you absolutely want to quit because your precious 300 5 slot stilettoes are getting deleted. Then GREAT. NO ONE WILL MISS YOU!

Oh and please remember, it's just a game, it's virtuel. Don't get too upset, it's not like it's changing your life is it?....Is it?

although i agree... i agree in less of a smug pompus way... :p

an item whipe will save the economy, and i imagine there will be changes to the NC item etc system to stop the economy fucking up again. if this is the case the last thing they need is the server flooded with thousands of rares / techs.

personally if they massively lower tech drops, and remove safeslot i would LOVE it! ok for the first few weeks / months the old capped players are gods... but once they die a few times, and possibly drop a rare, they start to spread around... rares are harder to replace, more guarded and less used in everyday fights.

imagine going into a fight with a CS and your QB unlocked. now imagine everyone in the zone has no rares and knows how rare they are... then using a rare is a real risk!

anyway... im way off topic now. item whipe = good

:edit: @Yan

oh i agree. i think KK's feedback / communication needs massive work. however to an extent it is the community's fault. we are constantly bitching and moaning, demanding changes that we dont think though...

there was a time when KK made changes based on what we said. you know what happened? these changes caused more problems. we bitched and moaned til it got changed... and we hated it the way we made it... so of course people bitched AGAIN!

imagine how pissed off KK must have got about that... and things like that continue.

scroll down and find me a thread [b[really[/b] praising KK. now see how much easier it is to find one bitching about them

Geth
13-08-04, 16:19
I was willing to accept a one apartment limit, but only 10 items? including implants and armor?!? This god damn blows.. :mad:

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 16:31
I was willing to accept a one apartment limit, but only 10 items? including implants and armor?!? This god damn blows.. :mad:

you lose loads of items.

yes its bad.

but think how it could improve the game... stop thinkin of yourself (as i have finally done :p) and see that this could well fix the economy (far less rares / techs / money in circulation).

besides... if you cant limit yourself to 10 items to earn beack the rest of the stuff you want then i would worry.

even a PPU doesnt need his full set of spells. ok so some spies who go into NC2 fully equiped with stealth etc will have an advantage if people dont bring truesight... but all you gotta do is throw a spell on them to track them, and break out the AoE

WebShock
13-08-04, 16:51
Never. KK never said they wouldn't wipe. All they ever said was that you'd get to keep your character.There's no way around it. To port billions of items from the existing database to the new database would take so long as to delay BDOY by months, if not years. Even ... (edited mindless rambling)months? years? have you ANY clue how a database works? at most, a few hours let alone years. By your definition you would think that the database was etched in stone or something. LOL what a mock.

someone help this poor soul out....

btw i doubt there are billions of items in this game
LOL.. thanks for the laugh.

alig
13-08-04, 16:57
I cannot show my anger to how much i disagree with these mofo's. I DISAGREE and i will never ever in my entire life say on other forums this game is good and post links the the free trial. It just _WONT_ happen because im just another wad in their wallets like everyone else that has played this pathetic fucking buggy game for the last 1.5years.

Role on professional Devs *cough* Valve *cough*

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 17:00
I cannot show my anger to how much i disagree with these mofo's. I DISAGREE and i will never ever in my entire life say on other forums this game is good and post links the the free trial. It just _WONT_ happen because im just another wad in their wallets like everyone else that has played this pathetic fucking buggy game for the last 1.5years.

Role on professional Devs *cough* Valve *cough*

you leavin then i take it man?

NC Junkie

alig
13-08-04, 17:08
No..well..i dont know. Ill upgrade to doy and if i have less than 2 mill cash ill probably quit. Id be surprised if they even give us 100k...i mean they think 5 slot fucking cs'es are worth 100k anyway.

They will never be able to fix the economy...i know and you know that a lvl3 imp sells for 100k and a fh2 sells for no less than 1.5mill regardless of money.

mc5 chips will still sell for 20+ mill with doy...nothing will change except no one will have money and not even dumb people will sell a lvl 2 drop only imp for 5k.

It all plans out on how much money i have when i log onto doy...ive got enough cash in nc now and i couldnt play without cash because ive got 2 pe's and how am i supposed to buy 11k drugs? oh wait... yeah ill use my resser...oh, i forgot he wont have any money to buy ress lube.

Richard Slade
13-08-04, 17:08
Jester you do realize you might not get all chars over since you can only have so and so many chats per account on the server

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 17:10
Jester you do realize you might not get all chars over since you can only have so and so many chats per account on the server

thats a possibility... but im certainly willin to find out before i decide to stay / quit.

and its not a problem. if im limited to 4 chars ill have HC tank / MC PE / Hybrid / Droner

tbh i would love to move my 4 best PvP chars to one server (of course they are currently all uncapped :p)

alig
13-08-04, 17:11
Just another question KK will leave un-answered. If these were book writers they would be a joke, the book would be like "....The End." with the vital stuff completely missed out.

They need to answer our questions and fucking pronto.

Dribble Joy
13-08-04, 17:13
They said that there would be no CHARACTER wipe, nothing about items.

Richard Slade
13-08-04, 17:14
Jester why am I arguing with you when I agree with you?! O_o
*goes of to lay some PnP roleplaying game..

Jesterthegreat
13-08-04, 17:15
Jester why am I arguing with you when I agree with you?! O_o
*goes of to lay some PnP roleplaying game..

lmao... im always up for an arguement and it appears you are too... so lets ignore our responses and just argue for the sake of it :D

Richard Slade
13-08-04, 17:26
lmao... im always up for an arguement and it appears you are too... so lets ignore our responses and just argue for the sake of it :D
I can't agree with that it would be so worng so we can't go on like that
I dare you to talk against me! :angel:

ichinin
13-08-04, 19:20
Agree.. actually, i dont care since they gonna stick me with saturn/uranus players, thats more annoying than an item wipe.

ex-machina
13-08-04, 19:20
can't vote because it's not that simple. In essence I disagree since there should be a complete item wipe. But to disagree woudl be to register a vote in favour of no item wipe, so I can't vote.

jernau
13-08-04, 19:28
I'll take that bet and double the odds. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

PsynetNeo
13-08-04, 23:24
You're not your job. You're not how much credits you have in the bank. You're not the rev that you drive. You're not the contents of your Plaza one rare apparment. You're not your fucking mc5 stash. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. :p

Roll on nc2!

MrChumble
13-08-04, 23:28
Repeat this poll two weeks into open beta, then the results might mean something.

nobby
13-08-04, 23:39
5 Words....i Disagree With Item Wipes! :(

Promethius
13-08-04, 23:43
Well I disagree to itemwipe
Reason:I have been paying to get all my stuff with real life cash.
So I wonder how legal it even is.I mean then they can just wipe
our chars now and then so we have to pay more cash to play mroe to
get stuff back

No offense or anything but i think its sad to pay REAL cash for items in this game.....but selling on the other hand.

Good luck fighting that one out with KK.

-Prom

Saza
14-08-04, 00:14
104/105... interesting :)

RATTLECAGE
14-08-04, 00:47
would it be to much to be able to bring your gogo and your quickbelt.i'de gladly not mind a delay in doy for that.

Viper Venom
14-08-04, 01:23
awwww *wipes tear from eye* thats butifll

Agree http://forum.neocron.com/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/polls/bar2-r.gif 105 50.00%
Disagree http://forum.neocron.com/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/polls/bar3-r.gif 105 50.00%

Voters: 210. You have already voted on this poll

El Barto
14-08-04, 01:57
I think it should happen because it would sort out the game a bit, like some people who have hundruds of rares is ok for now, but IF there are alot of newbies coming in they will find it harder.

Toma1ak
14-08-04, 02:11
Nope..not cool at all..I'm not happy.
Forcing us to put our imps in the belt is just another scam to screw over the vets.
I'd say the fact that they had to re-consider details of the wipe when someone pointed out the LE issue goes to show how organized all this is. :lol:

jernau
14-08-04, 02:11
I think it should happen because it would sort out the game a bit, like some people who have hundruds of rares is ok for now, but IF there are alot of newbies coming in they will find it harder.Big "If" there.

Even assuming that though how will it be "harder" for them to meet a large healthy and helpful community with surplus items to share than a pissed-off small one that is too busy fighting amongst itself to regain the items they just lost?

This is what we'll get now :
Day one - race for first clan
Day two - first "rich people" start to pull ahead of the pack
Day three - Multi-account players and big clans are setup to capitalise on the game far more efficiently than they are now
Week one - people scramble into 2 or 3 big clans and start hording parts and cash
Week two - Large clans KOS anyone on "their" hunting grounds so they can get all the rare parts
Week three - any vestige of a "spirit of co-operation" is lost - the big clans are so much more powerful than the small ones that they just kill anyone - friendly or neutral regardless.
Week four - any new accounts ( :lol: :lol: ) are so sick of being ganked or ignored they let their accounts expire and go play a better, cheaper game.

Before anyone says a total wipe is better - all that does is put some of the above back a week or two.

Somewhere in that first month the first exploits will get found and by the end of it the game will be full of duped items and cash but the honest players will no longer be able to compete having lost everything to the idiotic wipe.

Ascension
14-08-04, 02:15
Day three - Multi-account players and big clans are setup to capitalise on the game far more efficiently than they are now
Week one - people scramble into 2 or 3 big clans and start hording parts and cash
Week two - Large clans KOS anyone on "their" hunting grounds so they can get all the rare parts
Week three - any vestige of a "spirit of co-operation" is lost - the big clans are so much more powerful than the small ones that they just kill anyone - friendly or neutral regardless.
Week four - any new accounts ( :lol: :lol: ) are so sick of being ganked or ignored they let their accounts expire and go play a better, cheaper game.

Dejavou there m8, i played the Grindage 2 Beta from Open beta, and that happened in that game, well on my server anyways..

edit: its the same basic principle

Lanigav
14-08-04, 10:07
Nothing makes me happier than seeing all my hard work towards aquiring items, particularly because I'm not a hardcore player, go straight down the toilet. I haven't payed close to $200 for this game just to see it all to hell.

And yes, it is work. The game has its fun points, but farming specific monsters for parts until you puke, or spamming the trade chat until you find someone with the part you need is in no way entertaining. Its work, pure and simple.

The lost items will probably be easy to replace for those in the giant, uber clans, but if you're not a member of that, then you're basically fucked. Spawn areas for mobs that drop high value items will be camped like mad, and due to the fact that most small clan/unclanned players will be stuck using non-rare items due to the extreme limited access, they won't have the proper capability to fight major clans and make any headway to change anything. Sure, small clan/unclanned players will eventually get stocked up, but who the hell wants to go through all that grief that could easily last longer than a month? Talk about major imbalance.

If there's an item wipe, then NC2 will never see the light of day on my computer.

Mattimeo
14-08-04, 10:12
Big "If" there.

Even assuming that though how will it be "harder" for them to meet a large healthy and helpful community with surplus items to share than a pissed-off small one that is too busy fighting amongst itself to regain the items they just lost?

Before anyone says a total wipe is better - all that does is put some of the above back a week or two.

Somewhere in that first month the first exploits will get found and by the end of it the game will be full of duped items and cash but the honest players will no longer be able to compete having lost everything to the idiotic wipe.

I always knew you were a well educated person, but when did you get your degree in MMORPG Player Sociology and Psychology?

Thats dead on to what's likely to happen. Probably to the day.

Leebzie
15-08-04, 10:38
I always knew you were a well educated person, but when did you get your degree in MMORPG Player Sociology and Psychology?

Thats dead on to what's likely to happen. Probably to the day.

Yep... I think he summarised it perfectly

Wank3r
15-08-04, 11:54
I agree with the item wipe...or "whipe" as it's been called :wtf:
I have had a change of heart recently and I was against the item wipe but now a few reasons have swayed me...

1. A near fresh economy for Saturn is GREATLY needed. Can't wait to be paying a few million for MC5 Chips.

2. 40 Items per account...FFS that I plenty...It's enough for you to have your character in perfect working order in DoY.

3. "Bleah bleah, I have spent years building up my rares n shit" - Big fucking deal, everyone has, and everyone has their things wiped. Shut your yap and rebuild it in DoY.

4. Item logging in DoY - Hope I am right here, but I think that a new monitoring system is in place for items, so that "duped" items and "missing" items can been seen. Just so that scamming bastards are caught. Surely an item wipe is needed to use this correctly.

5. Finally, it's great fun on Saturn having people throwing their tech parts in Plaza... :D It's a good opportunity for people to complete their rares for DoY. Hopefully get some good slots :D

V. Brett Walker
15-08-04, 12:22
This is bullshit to the highest of order! Fucking lazy ass KK!
You lazy fucks decided to push for your shitty upcoming, same ole graphic game that took you 2 years to make and doesn't add shit to the wastelands, and for this lousy so-called expansion turned new game, which isn't new at all, just some trumped up old bullshit, and you want to wipe all my shit, because you failed to do whats right?......fuck off KK. Find yourself a real group of programmers that know how to fucking transfer items then.

Hey! Why don't you call some of the people over at EverQuest. I'm sure they will show you how to do an expansion. They've only done 7 of them in the last 5 years!.....Seven! Get some help why don't you!

Richard Slade
15-08-04, 12:48
This is bullshit to the highest of order! Fucking lazy ass KK!
You lazy fucks decided to push for your shitty upcoming, same ole graphic game that took you 2 years to make and doesn't add shit to the wastelands, and for this lousy so-called expansion turned new game, which isn't new at all, just some trumped up old bullshit, and you want to wipe all my shit, because you failed to do whats right?......fuck off KK. Find yourself a real group of programmers that know how to fucking transfer items then.

Hey! Why don't you call some of the people over at EverQuest. I'm sure they will show you how to do an expansion. They've only done 7 of them in the last 5 years!.....Seven! Get some help why don't you!

First: KK is a small company, things take time when you're a small company
Second: YEAH SEVEN EXP for EQ!!
Great! To bad EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM sucked major ass and just added shit, more shit and some shit too.
Let's not talk to them shall we

edit: @Jernau, total wipe and remake of the whole dropissue so there will be about... 3-4 rares in the next 6months, that could be a nice solution?

jernau
15-08-04, 13:59
edit: @Jernau, total wipe and remake of the whole dropissue so there will be about... 3-4 rares in the next 6months, that could be a nice solution?
I would strongly support a totally clean server with new (lower) droprates and a few other changes to gameplay.

However I would only do so if they also had a "complete transfer" server as an option for those that enjoy the game as it is now and want to continue in that manner with the new/improved features.

I would play on both if they did that.

Richard Slade
15-08-04, 15:02
I would strongly support a totally clean server with new (lower) droprates and a few other changes to gameplay.

However I would only do so if they also had a "complete transfer" server as an option for those that enjoy the game as it is now and want to continue in that manner with the new/improved features.

I would play on both if they did that.
Sign me up for that option too, would be uber sweet

..i..DemonX
15-08-04, 16:10

When did they say that?

solling
15-08-04, 16:31
Week four - any new accounts ( ) are so sick of being ganked or ignored they let their accounts expire and go play a better, cheaper game

im sorry to have to say this but u are assuming we will play on saturn :p (was a joke some peops on all servers are like u say )

remeber last relauch ? did this happen ? no it dident peops where hunting toghether even TG and tangent i remeber was kinda all friendly attitude on the server only a few (bad seeds) that pked everyone wich was kinda exiting when they came around and everyone went OONOOOOOOOOZ
but mostley it was a friendly place sure was pvp but it wasent all mega clans kill all place
and i hope that happens again

BUT we also have some peops who was nice in the beginning and now turned sour and im kinda worried that they will do excately as u describe above pk all cuz they find it fun and make life unbearable for all the n00bies to play

and i REALLY REALLY hope peops will have a kinder attitude wich NC2 for the sake of the game
cuz if everyone goes everyman for himself pkpkpk i dont think it will last long :(

CARE ABOUT THE N00BS

Vampire222
15-08-04, 16:34
well see what happens.... :P

jernau
15-08-04, 16:57
There are several BIG differences to the original launch -

1) No-one ever expected to take beta wealth/items into retail
2) New people arrived
3) The beta community (including) KK was larger and more civilised
4) People were still learning the game - even the long-haul beta vets
5) No-one was bored

It still took less than two months for Pluto to go to shit mind you.

DonnyJepp
15-08-04, 17:08

Lower droprates what?

jernau
15-08-04, 17:12
Lower droprates what?
Do you mean "why lower drop rates?" or "what other changes?"?

DonnyJepp
15-08-04, 17:14
Do you mean "why lower drop rates?" or "what other changes?"?

I mean like: Is that for real or just a pipe dream?

/edit As we know they can adjust the drops on-the-fly too

jernau
15-08-04, 17:15
I mean like: Is that for real or just a pipe dream?
Unfortunately I think it's a pipe dream.

The closest we've seen so far is the failed Terminator run.