PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the Future NC2 Servers

Spikadelia
12-08-04, 19:33
Please note that this concerns mainly the German market. The plans for the rest of the world are still in the works.

Let Thanatos and Reakktor present the community with the rest of the NC2 plans before we go get "the brothers and a pair of pliers and get medieval on their ass".

So what would you like to see from a future server configuration?
Link to old ideas, trawl Brainport. Paint your ideal picture. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT TRANSFERRING ITEMS OR CASH.

Me thinks. Sure give Germany two servers. One multi slot and a one slot. Jupiter & Mercury
French Server seems hugely popular amongst it's player base. Venus.
One Euro-centric multi slot server. Uranus & Saturn merged. Ururn :p
One single server. Pluto
No safe zone everything lootable frag fest. Mars.
One multi-slot server for time zones west of the mid-Atlantic ridge. Neptune

The Servers shouldn't be restricted but are suggested to better reflect peak player population times.

I'm not the wisest Neo-head but let's give them a few positive ideas. Ta.

Spermy
12-08-04, 19:39
Let Thanatos and Reakktor present the community with the rest of the NC2 plans before we go get "the brothers and a pair of pliers and get medieval on their ass".

So what would you like to see from a future server configuration?
Link to old ideas, trawl Brainport. Paint your ideal picture. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT TRANSFERRING ITEMS OR CASH.

Me thinks. Sure give Germany two servers. One multi slot and a one slot. Jupiter & Mercury
French Server seems hugely popular amongst it's player base. Venus.
One Euro-centric multi slot server. Uranus & Saturn merged. Ururn :p
One single server. Pluto
No safe zone everything lootable frag fest. Mars.
One multi-slot server for time zones west of the mid-Atlantic ridge. Neptune

The Servers shouldn't be restricted but are suggested to better reflect peak player population times.

I'm not the wisest Neo-head but let's give them a few positive ideas. Ta.

I like. I like a lot, But tbh, with the american market, I'm sure people behind GMT or whatever are gonna have lots of company.

Weaponizer
12-08-04, 19:45
How about a server cluster situated in Asia, for the Asian and Australian markets?

I'm from Singapore and I get sucky pings of 500 when connecting to the current servers, and that's with a cablemodem. I'm sure the Australians get the same lag as we do.

So please build us one too, thank you very much :D

Spermy
12-08-04, 19:47
Well I guess, depending on the reception it gets, expansion of reakktor or 10tacel or whatever is a possibility dude, Fingers crossed for the krazy Koreans to come show us how games are played! Have you ever seen em? THEY ARE GODS

Spikadelia
12-08-04, 19:48
Cool thanks for the input Weaponizer & Spermy. Where would be the best location to serve that side of the world Singapore or Hong Kong? ;)

J. Folsom
12-08-04, 19:54
Personally, for the starting configuration I'd prefer the following:

1 German one-slot
1 German four-slot
1 French two-slot
1 International four-slot
1 International one-slot

That seems strangely familiar, except for the fact that there's 2 German servers... Hmm. That's just personal opinion of course.

From a business point of view, one server on every major MMO market to start with (One in the US, one in Europe, one in Asia), add servers as playerbase rises in certain areas.

EDIT:
In addition to the business point of view, if enough players in a region request a "special" kind of server (Full PvP, one-slot, etc.), add that to that region.

Spermy
12-08-04, 19:59
Cool thanks for the input Weaponizer & Spermy. Where would be the best location to serve that side of the world Singapore or Hong Kong? ;)

Well I guess maybe somewhere Like well, singapore, well established internet infrastructure and all that posh, and reasonably cheap land rates.

I dunno, would be nice if it happened tho.

Weaponizer
12-08-04, 20:05

I have no idea man.. :)

I'll try to find out though..

Singapore is probably expensive in terms of internet costs *shrug*. My cablemodem sub alone costs SGD$70 / mth (about US$40 /mth); Sucky upload 128 kbps/ download 1.5mbps .

To Spermy: Yeah I've heard of the koreans reputation. I think i remember playing diablo with em, although it was a looong time ago. Vaguely remember them going *kekekeke* or sumthing LOL

I also heard them Koreans got super duper broadband speeds for the whole country..(*saliva*) :p

Spermy
12-08-04, 20:17
I have no idea man.. :)

I'll try to find out though..

Singapore is probably expensive in terms of internet costs *shrug*. My cablemodem sub alone costs SGD$70 / mth (about US$40 /mth); Sucky upload 128 kbps/ download 1.5mbps .

To Spermy: Yeah I've heard of the koreans reputation. I think i remember playing diablo with em, although it was a looong time ago. Vaguely remember them going *kekekeke* or sumthing LOL

I also heard them Koreans got super duper broadband speeds for the whole country..(*saliva*) :p

One word.

STARCRAFT.

Crazy in a box.