PDA

View Full Version : New Planfile - Neocron 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Thanatos
12-08-04, 17:45
Holger Nathrath, current Development Director at Reakktor, talks about our plans for Neocron 2.
Read it all here (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=268)

Please note that this concerns mainly the German market. The plans for the rest of the world are still in the works.

Your quickbelt will be transfered, nothing else. That means 10 items.
That way you will be able to take your most valuable possessions with you, while allowing the economy to have a (kind of) fresh start.

Also this is not the last time we'll release information on these matters, you asked for information and we gave you what we can at this point in time.

System
12-08-04, 17:46
sex !!

G.0.D.
12-08-04, 17:47
sexxxx

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 17:48
[Edited due to violation of personal opinion]

"Neocron 2 will be released in September 2004. The distribution will be divided into several steps: upon Release, the client will be released in form of a free trial on the DVD versions of the PC Games and PC Action. That way, we will reach a huge number of German players. Additionally, we will offer an English and most likely a French version for download for our international customers."

I do NOT like THAT

ezza
12-08-04, 17:50
in regards to items in quick belt, does that mean we can take 10 items with us per char? just want to be sure before i decide what im doing.

if that is the case, i guess ill cya all in NC2 :p

The start configuration will consist of at least two German and one international server, where one German Realm will allow only one single character and the two others multiple characters. just run this by me, the international one will be 4 char slot right? or....?

ronaz
12-08-04, 17:50
I like it, in general. Especially the "transfer plan".

Mr_Snow
12-08-04, 17:51
What an amazing amount of bias toward the german market.

Dissapointing

Clownst0pper
12-08-04, 17:52
A quick belts worth? Works for me :D

System
12-08-04, 17:53
"The character transfer allows the possibility to take along certain items from the quickbelt."

So that means Inventory as well... ?

ronaz
Well it's logical to play the home market. Can't say im too thrilled about the bias, but I can understand it.

Dargeshaad
That's goddamn vague regarding item transfer, please be more specific!!

::edit::
And how many slots will there be on the multiple slot servers? Causs I got more than 4 chars all in all I want on the international one

Candaman
thnx :)

ronaz
12-08-04, 17:54
"The character transfer allows the possibility to take along certain items from the quickbelt."

So that means Inventory as well... ?
Don't *think* so. Quickbelt != inventory.

jernau
3 accounts cancelled.

GL for the future all.

Richard Slade
If it's full inv that is to be taken, I'm makeing a transport tank NOW

ezza
3 accounts cancelled.

GL for the future all.
:( cya sir

ronaz
12-08-04, 17:55
If it's full inv that is to be taken, I'm makeing a transport tank NOW
Yey! Tankocron is back :)

NS_CHROME54
12-08-04, 17:55
Hell Yes

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 17:57
Than, cost of the convention and how to get there cheap and stuff?
I wanna go!

Dribble Joy
12-08-04, 17:57
10 items... hmmm.

All good, just need to make my list.

jernau
12-08-04, 17:58
:( cya sir
:( indeed but between the destruction of FA, an item wipe, increased pricing AND no new database I can't justify this any more.

I'll play till the accounts expire which is 3 or 4 months but doubt I'll pay to move off the Classic server.

Spikadelia
12-08-04, 17:58
I reckon to avoid everyone LoMMing to transport that it really will be QB only.

One question what about Epic vehicles?

Me oh my the fur will fly. o_O

cRazy2003
12-08-04, 17:59
ffs this prices are going up now, it might even be to much for me to be able to pay...

enigma_b17
12-08-04, 17:59
afraid my accounts are gone aswell, i avent worked hard to gather my stuff for the last 2 years to get it all shafted out the window. A quickbelt is not even enuf, and is to be frank unfair to those who have worked at this game for years. not even cash

ezza
12-08-04, 18:02
oh thats a thing, will epics automatically come with us, i have a speed gat TT laser cannon copbot armour and DRE apartment and reveler that i feel i should be able to bring without having to use up my QB slots to bring over since these are one off items

well as for price im going to have to trim my 3rd account off, so good bye to my monk Shinto

tho will keep my 2 main accounts at least long enough to taste NC2

cRazy2003
12-08-04, 18:02
im losing most of my items, including my 8543 rare parts, 48 rare weapons, and 112 vehicle keys, PLUS i have to pay extra per month, more then any other MMORPG afaik.

this is just a complete pisstake, pointless and stupid, and i know KK will lose a lot of customers, and even in some way i do hope so they finally get the messege.

Mumblyfish
12-08-04, 18:03
Dear vehicle users and those who did the NEXT epic,

Wanted to take your weapons over? Congratulations. You fucking lose.

Yours,
ReaKKtor

Other than that, I'm perfectly happy. Seems like a solid enough plan.

ONE REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION

If I pay the 20 euros to port my NC1 character over, I DO NOT HAVE TO PAY IN ANY WAY TO GET THE CLIENT, OR PAY ANY FEES ON TOP OF THAT, right? Also, it won't be frowned upon to renew for 6 months at the very last minute to dodge the price hike?

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 18:05
and of course noone of you figured that hey, you might as well take all four chars on a server,
and hey you got friends that can take it too
For me, 80 items is quite enough

Barak
12-08-04, 18:05
decent balance of things you can take with you.

then again I dont have loads of aps filled with rares but tbh if your leaving over stuff that trivial then fine, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Mumblyfish
12-08-04, 18:06
Come to think of it, a 4 euro price hike is just nuts. If we're not getting a new database, how in green hoodally can you justify that? And this is coming from one of your fanboys!

Mr_Snow
12-08-04, 18:06
10tacle already showed us this with the 10 page special in the PC Games (German magazine). There will also be several big previews in the upcoming editions of the most important game magazines in the German speaking areas.
Germany, germany, germany, no mention of anywhere else

upon Release, the client will be released in form of a free trial on the DVD versions of the PC Games and PC Action. That way, we will reach a huge number of German players.
Germany, germany, germany.

The start configuration will consist of at least two German and one international server
Two german, one international.

Woot!

The purchase price is 29.95 Euro for new customers and 19.95 Euro for the update. If you subtract the value of the free month from that price, we consider this to be a more than fair price for the current Neocron players.

I thought the price was fixed lower then this months back?

At the Games Convention in Leipzig (Germany, August 19-22),

Germany, germany, germany.

Where's the mention of the new database that would mean we actually get support?

Crazy Russian
12-08-04, 18:07
Yeah i was thinking about doin 6 month pay in sept. also they say that they will give certian amount of money according to skill rank.... does that mean a 90/ capped monk get more than a 60/ capped tank?

-[KGB]Crazy

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 18:08
Ye me no likey all the Germany Germany Germany
Seriously, I think aiming for The states or Asia would own Germany kinda big ass time..
Or just the whole Europe instead of ONE country would also make a change

garyu69
12-08-04, 18:10
well thats just crap.

What a waste of time it will be bothering to play now until NC2.

And like i suspected its all being aimed towards the german community :(

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 18:11
And like i suspected its all being aimed towards the german community :(
Suspect?!
They used Nids damn hammer to slam it in your face
"Deutschland uber alles"
or something..

Mumblyfish
12-08-04, 18:11
ONE International server? If you're killing off the one-character servers you can... ugh.

So we're paying out the arse (NC2 will cost the same as a brand new game, plus it's now got one of the highest monthly fees) for less servers, nerfed characters, and and a somewhat prettier engine?

SypH
12-08-04, 18:12
So basically I've spent gathering what I have (and thats alot of work when you do it solo) is a complete waste cause I'm only able to take across 10 items per character?

The time I spent getting a BP of every item that is blueprintable wasted=/ The time I spent gathering huge amounts of techs to build things to sell, so I could afford the things I wanted and not having to worry about being short on cash wasted=/ Countless hours researching and building weapons and spells so I could have something to fall back on should I lose something thanks to NC many fuckups wasted=/ Time spent gathering and building 1 of every vehicle for my driver, and now I cant even take all (if any) of them with me, wasted=/

And now that prices are going up as well I guess you can add 2 more accounts to the cancelled pile=/

G.0.D.
12-08-04, 18:13
Wait a tic, this post isnt sex... Matter of fact theres nothing I like about it :confused:

Raising the monthly price
item wipe (poor plutonians, who cant make 3 free alts to hold their other goodies)
2 german servers, 1 non german
no english advertising

Thats not sexy :(

mishkin
Hah! It's not coming on 1st of september after all...

According to the plan, we will keep increasing the number of testers until the 5th of September 2004, the first Monday of the month September. At that point, we will start an open beta phase that is supposed to go until the 23rd of September 2004. The timeframe between the end of the beta test and the release will be used to prepare the release servers.

I knew it :p

Glad I cancelled one account yesterday, the second might go just as fast any day now... I almost feel like letting the germans have it to themselves... maybe they can tolerate this sort of behavior due to different cultures, but I sure as hell can't...

/edit

Just cancelled the second account too, doesn't seem like much use having it anymore... [ edited ]... Hope ya'll have a nice time, fuck this, I'm outta here...

Gohei
Oh well... WoW has open beta soon anyway....

ezza
12-08-04, 18:14
Yeah i was thinking about doin 6 month pay in sept. also they say that they will give certian amount of money according to skill rank.... does that mean a 90/ capped monk get more than a 60/ capped tank?

-[KGB]Crazy
i think they mean /65 rather than 65/ so start drugging up to high heavens now :D

get your char to /80 and your sorted :lol:

onoz sounds like there gonna but us poor saturnites with the 1 char elitist plutonians, whatever will they do

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 18:14
So basically I've spent gathering what I have (and thats alot of work when you do it solo) is a complete waste cause I'm only able to take across 10 items per character?

The time I spent getting a BP of every item that is blueprintable wasted=/ The time I spent gathering huge amounts of techs to build things to sell, so I could afford the things I wanted and not having to worry about being short on cash wasted=/ Countless hours researching and building weapons and spells so I could have something to fall back on should I lose something thanks to NC many fuckups wasted=/ Time spent gathering and building 1 of every vehicle for my driver, and now I cant even take all (if any) of them with me, wasted=/

And now that prices are going up as well I guess you can add 2 more accounts to the cancelled pile=/

AND, now you're paying less than for many other games
The game is cheaper, you actually get to keep 80 things, which is alot still
AND you don't have to do any leveling from the start like in other new games
AND it's the same for everyone,
and you even dare to be "ooh poor me poor me.."
God I hope you have fun with w hatever you're gonna do instead...
FROM SCRATCH

tkNukem
12-08-04, 18:15
Neocron2 Beta

The beta test has been running for a while now and completely meets our expectations. According to the plan, we will keep increasing the number of testers until the 5th of September 2004, the first Monday of the month September. At that point, we will start an open beta phase that is supposed to go until the 23rd of September 2004. The timeframe between the end of the beta test and the release will be used to prepare the release servers.
is it normal to run a beta while the retail has been released? this didn't happen in neocron 1; however, i remember beta for nc1 being extended.
does this mean the release date is now past september 23rd or will beta continue to run while NC2 retail is available?

Dribble Joy
12-08-04, 18:15
Why do people have these massive parts and item collections? WHY?

What is the point, all they do is sit there and do nothing bit increase your e-penii.
Then you go and get attached to them, why?

I have an OZ apt of lvl3 head imps, a TH apt for bones, a via3 for tech parts, but all of it is for clan use.
My personnal wealth, for the 18 months that my char has existed is pityful, considering I played her almost as if it was a 1 slot server.
I have a few guns, my two PAs, the imps in her and her clan apt.. that's it.

I really don't get this, 'I worked really hard for that stuff' stance. Why did you work so hard for it?
The really important, rare, hard to get stuff, MC5s, larent barrels, Spirit mods, zargus belts, maven sex toys and cresent tabs, fair enough, but you have 10 items you can take.

Take DJ:
SA
SF
Moveon
PPR
Pistol Kami
Larent pistol barrel.
PA (depending on how availiable it is when we hit retail)
My judge
My very first judge

and something else...

@jernau, FA thing does indeed suck, as I see it, KK saw what the community was doing to itself and that it could not be trusted to maintain the diverse faction system that we currently have.
Thus the 'Red vs Blue' situation.

garyu69
12-08-04, 18:16
Fuck it. 2 of my accounts are being cancelled just noticed the price rise, and no doubt my third account is definetly going to be said goodbye to as well with this plan.

Pissed no 1 slot server
pissed that i won't be offered the choice to merge 3 accounts to one
pissed thati am losing all that i have worked for in the last 2 years.
pissed that i have had so much faith only to feel like they don't care about us
pissed so much that i can't be arsed to type anymore

Eddie
12-08-04, 18:16
A few things:

Neocron2 Beta

The beta test has been running for a while now and completely meets our expectations. According to the plan, we will keep increasing the number of testers until the 5th of September 2004, the first Monday of the month September. At that point, we will start an open beta phase that is supposed to go until the 23rd of September 2004. The timeframe between the end of the beta test and the release will be used to prepare the release servers.

Which implies (at the very least) that the game will NOT be released on the 1st September.

Character data from different accounts can not be mixed (e.g. you can’t transfer character A from account X and character B from account Y to your new account Z, only characters from either account X or Y).

Though this does not personally affect me, i.e. I only have one character on one account: but this will hurt a lot of players who have multiple characters across accounts, particularly from Pluto.
I can't see any technical limitations as to why it isn't possible - so there must be a different agenda.

The start configuration will consist of at least two German and one international server, where one German Realm will allow only one single character and the two others multiple characters.

Not good news to my ears. I've only ever played on Pluto - and I would it to remain that way - staying on a single character server. At the moment, this will no longer be possible.
I also do not like how two of the three servers are german, whereas the one remaining server is labelled "international". I don't see how germany's population is greater than the rest-of-the-world combined, to justify literally two/thirds of the available resources dedicated to NC2.

The character transfer allows the possibility to take along certain items from the quickbelt. For example, weapons and implants can be transferred, while keys of any kind can not be transferred to the character in Neocron 2.

As many have mentioned - what about epic items - that are otherwise undroppable and un-degrading?
And please clarify - by quickbelt do you mean the ten items in your quickbelt, or your inventory? And also what about the armour you are currently wearing (even though it's not worth a lot), or your *implants*? (i.e. Mc5s - imagine losing one because you didn't know you had to put it in your QB).

Eddie

Mr_Snow
12-08-04, 18:17
AND, now you're paying less than for many other games
The game is cheaper, you actually get to keep 80 things, which is alot still
AND you don't have to do any leveling from the start like in other new games
AND it's the same for everyone,
and you even dare to be "ooh poor me poor me.."
God I hope you have fun with w hatever you're gonna do instead...
FROM SCRATCH
Where does it say 80things?
From what I can see its 10 PER CHARACTER

And you do have to do levelling, to replace everything you have lost

its also more expensive then before by 50% and is lacking the new DB we were promised would fix the shit support

Brammers
12-08-04, 18:18
2 Epic items we need an answer to.

1. The NExT reveller - Thats a key.
2. The DRE storage cell - Thats a key.

Now as I understand it, you cannot transfer keys, yet you only get one chance to obtain these epic items once. Yet you are able to transfer a Move on chip?

Shujin
12-08-04, 18:20
im sure it sounds much worse than it actually is... :(

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 18:21

its also more expensive then before by 50% and is lacking the new DB we were promised would fix the shit support

Thought you said you had two accounts
Count: 10 x 8?

And for leveling, three days, tops.

And yes, it's more expensive now, but still cheaper than others

I would like to say it again:
WHY THE HELL DO GERMANS GET TWO SERVERS AND ONLY FUCKING ON FOR INTERNATIONAL?!

Shujin
12-08-04, 18:21

if you pay by every 6 months like i do its only about 9$ a month

Clownst0pper
12-08-04, 18:22
Are you lot on crack? Jesus you sad little fucks.

10 items per characters, mine alone only need 9 maximum.

PA, Vehicle keys, level 3 buffs, hearts, bones, all replaceable, tech parts all replaceable, money, all replaceable.

If it is the price we have to pay to reset the ecconmy, to implement item tracking, and to make noobs feel welcome then so be it.

All you moaning that uve lost 8 million, or 4000000000 tech parts, or 20000000000 vehicle keys.

Get out more, If you have them, then they are obviously gathering dust, and not being used.

Complete rares suck if there below 3 slots, so all of you moaning about that you really should rethink what your taking.

Mc5 chips, special forces, 3 rares on my APU, 2 rares on my spy, 4 chips on my tank, and 3 rares.

Done. jesus.

NS_CHROME54
yeah upon reading this i'm no longer thrilled. oh well i guess my 2 lowbies get screwed for the sake of my high lvl chars.

MrChumble
Oooohkay...

I'm not German, so I'm kinda pissed.

The price is going up...meh who cares, it was dirt cheap anyway, now it's still dirt cheap. An effective price hike of £1 a month...I think I can cope.

German mag previews, German games convention, German release from the start, lots of German servers. I'm sensing a pattern here. OK so they're a German company, but I'm feeling like I've just been told to fuck off with my crazy scottish ways.

No mention of how many char slots per server, so being told I can select from my list means fuck all to me. Can I select two chars from my list, or 8, or all of them or what?

No English speaking one player server. Good bye pluto, it was nice knowing you. Glad to know I spent all that time there for...oh great for fuck all.

Arrgh.

Well I'm glad they told us, and I don't want to flame too hard. From what I've seen and heard NC2 is looking good and I think KK will pull it off. It's hard to muster enthusiasm though. 10 items...that's not a lot. O_o

Shujin
WHY THE HELL DO GERMANS GET TWO SERVERS AND ONLY FUCKING ON FOR INTERNATIONAL?!
well you know, germany is such a huge country... :lol:

Mumblyfish
im sure it sounds much worse than it actually is... :(
I hope you're right, but it sounds like I'm going to lose my server, my items (10 items is enough for essentials, but not souvenirs and memories :(), all my weapons, and my fortune - ingame and in real life.

Sigh... don't disappoint me, KK. If there was ever a time you needed to pull a miracle, it's now.

Nippa
12-08-04, 18:23
Well Tbh KK like most people here i have been here 2 years lots of stuff lots of aps .. and tbh you can shove this game up ya arses .. totaly lied to again you guys at kk like to shaft us loaly players again . well cya im not sticking aroung to play a second rate game and pay top wack for it nuff said on this matter now

garyu69
12-08-04, 18:24
KK, why don't you throw in the idea of making an MMORPG and create an FPS instead. Because lets face it where is the story line that justifys such a harsh action?

2 German
1 International

At the most Jupiter peeks at what 450 - 500?
Add all the non german server populations up and you get a lot more than that so why screw us over?

Brammers
12-08-04, 18:24
So there is no English single character server? ie a NC2 Pluto? o_O

Spikadelia
12-08-04, 18:25
2 Epic items we need an answer to.

1. The NExT reveller - Thats a key.
2. The DRE storage cell - Thats a key.

Now as I understand it, you cannot transfer keys, yet you only get one chance to obtain these epic items once. Yet you are able to transfer a Move on chip?

That man...... he speaky true. KK responsy? :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
12-08-04, 18:26
So there is no English single character server? ie a NC2 Pluto? o_O
Correct. That's the one thing I'm most upset about.

MrChumble
12-08-04, 18:27

Ditto.

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 18:28
well you know, germany is such a huge country... :lol:

Yeah... I can see a company doing the most stupid thing they've ever done here..

*Scenario: A German bar after a tequila race*
...You know guys, why do we care about those english talking people...
Let's make our German game more German! Let's screw them bastards, they might as well learn German!!
*crowd cheers in*
*the most drunk person of them all comes in*
Well you know, technically we would be the biggest country if everyone just moved here...
*crowd cheers in*

I dunno... There's something fishy about all that...

SamuraiPizzaCat
12-08-04, 18:29
hrm i guess its not so bad
can take all my rares
but bye bye to the clan rares apt :(
hrm
jus need to know if imps in our head will stay and if we can also put imps into our qb

garyu69
Don't worry, i can see that meeting now:

"- what about pluto the one slot server...?
- Screw them there are only 50 there, we will get more than 50 new German accounts with the 2 new german servers"

Nidhogg
The launch server configuration is partly driven by the existing customer base as well as the initial advertising focus, with new servers being added as and when necessary. The plan file does not say that there will be no advertising targeted at the English community. It just says that negotiations are still underway so we'll still have to wait and see about that. Also, the Asian market could be huge...

What's all this about missing a tracking database? NC2 has an entire linux server completely devoted to the new item tracking system. That's one server per cluster btw, not one for the whole game. Item tracking will be much stronger in NC2.

N

Carbonite
12-08-04, 18:30
damit nid was just about to say .. Go read that plan through one more time...

The databases will also run on improved hardware and use Linux.

Animated
12-08-04, 18:31
Good to see some info being released.

Eddie
12-08-04, 18:31
The launch server configuration is partly driven by the existing customer base as well as the initial advertising focus, with new servers being added as and when necessary. The plan file does not say that there will be no advertising targeted at the English community. It just says that negotiations are still underway so we'll still have to wait and see about that. Also, the Asian market could be huge...

The thing is, I don't want to *be forced* into porting my (only) character from Pluto to a 4 slot server upon the release of NC2 - only to see a one-char server come along a few weeks/months down the line.

And please don't tell me to hold off transferring my character: I've played this character since Pluto went live, and it's my pride and joy.

Eddie

MrChumble
12-08-04, 18:32
onoz sounds like there gonna but us poor saturnites with the 1 char elitist plutonians, whatever will they do

It's not elitist to prefer one style of server over another...

tis ok for you saturn types, you get to keep your server in effect. The culture and history of pluto (which are what made it fun to play) are going. :mad:

garyu69
12-08-04, 18:32
It says At least 2 german servers. So does that mean more?

And how come german servers are getting a 1 slot server?

Guess Pluto will just have to Migrate there if we're allowed :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 18:33
garyu: simple as this, do what the Germans did to CM on Saturn last year,
overrun and take over.

ezza
12-08-04, 18:33
one thing im left wondering is with the 2 german 1 international, will a lot of the germans remain on the international, saturn atm has a fair few german clans on it.

have they expressed a wish to be separated from the english 4 char guys?

in fairness to the 1 slot english, lets face it, it died while the 1 slot german and 4 slot inter survived.

i guess thats why no 1 slot english server

Mantiz
12-08-04, 18:34
Please
-Not ONLY one intl. server.
-Transfer gogo instead of 10 items.
-Don't prioritize the german market only.

MrChumble
N

It doesn't say there'll be no marketing aimed at martians either. You'll have to come up with something better than that to convince me (and possibly others) that we've not been sidelined.

Mumblyfish
One question. When we go NC2 we're going to have to put our Plutonian characters on the one Internation server. Should you ever stop ramming the English community and give us Pluto back after the initial release, could we have our character taken from the one International server and put on NC2's Pluto?

Kreb Slyvian
12-08-04, 18:35
The thing is, I don't want to *be forced* into porting my (only) character from Pluto to a 4 slot server upon the release of NC2 - only to see a one-char server come along a few weeks/months down the line.

And please don't tell me to hold off transferring my character: I've played this character since Pluto went live, and it's my pride and joy.

Eddie

Not to mention moving 4 chars to an "international" server and then an English server coming a few weeks/months down the line. Also, the plan doesn't say how many char slots there will be.

Kreb

Gohei
What about those who have characters on all servers ?

Clownst0pper
Whats the problem with going from a one character server to a 4 character server?

Population prospects are scarey huh?

Spermy
In general I like it, Readying up some new characters to carry more Bits and bats for My one and only Main charcter, gryphon

See ya spermy, it's been fun, but you're a spy livin' in a tanks world.

40 items for me, more than enough.

I'd be glad to uh, "aquire some items for transfer if people wanna take extra junk accross guys, 40 slots although 20 have my name on it.

Brammers
12-08-04, 18:36

Same here, I do not really wish to transfer Brammers to a multi-slot server. I like the pluto server, and it's ways, and of course the RP'ing. I dont want to be playing on a Saturn type server, where you get ganked for no decent reason.

As for Phoenix being wiped out, well as the name suggests, we can rise from the ashes.

Barak
12-08-04, 18:36
what strikes me as retarded is this whole germans are worth more then anyone else crap.

why not keep the current server formula(sp?)

wheres that "heil neocron" flash gone I've got the erge to take the piss...

Mumblyfish
12-08-04, 18:37
Whats the problem with going from a one character server to a 4 character server?

Don't start. We Plutonians like our one-slot servers for reasons we've gone over time after time after time. I honestly thought we were over this kind of "Saturn > Pluto" bullshit, and that we could all get along all nice-like, but nooooooooo!

Spermy
One question. When we go NC2 we're going to have to put our Plutonian characters on the one Internation server. Should you ever stop ramming the English community and give us Pluto back after the initial release, could we have our character taken from the one International server and put on NC2's Pluto?

Or you could run around the vanilla NC till the new server opens. get some of the old stuff people are bound to be giving away

jernau
10 items per characters, mine alone only need 9 maximum.
Maybe for my droner but not for my PPU and hybrid. Then there's the work my tradeskillers have done to build up libraries of items that help them do their jobs and work for the money that's about to be stolen wholesale from them.

implement item tracking
Forget that - same old shitty database = same old shitty service.

Please don't put your qualitative assesment on other people's enjoyment of the game. Those items and credits are what tradeskillers work for. They are worth as much to them as a PvPers victories and it's bullshit that KK would do this.

As for the economy - all this will do is make things a hundred times worse in the long run. Some people will still be ultra-rich a month into NC2 but the noobs won't get the advantages they do atm.

I can only assume from this that KK feels players are to blame so they want the players to leave.

Judge Death would be proud....

Nidhogg
It doesn't say there'll be no marketing aimed at martians either.
Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean? Have you actually read the plan file yet? English negotiations are underway and more details will be released when they are completed, or would you rather they waited with all the news until then?

N

G.0.D.

we dont like the idea of playing on a server where no one knows who anyone is and every one is 20 levels below capping.

Jailbird
we want 1 character international or even english server !

I dont want my constructor/hacker/poker/droner pluto spy to be moved to a 4 character server where nobody would need his skills.

otherwise I am sure that all 1 character server players are going to move to the 1 character german server and ruin it for the german community.

Eddie
12-08-04, 18:38

No. I like the way Pluto works. None/Less of this "bring my alt and gank you back" attitude, or muling.

I pride myself in being pretty much self sufficient.

I also like knowing people more personally, and not playing who's who - needing to keep track of a whole host of alts.

Anyway, this isn't what I'm here to discuss.

Eddie

MrChumble

It's a different culture. Not saying better or worse, just different. I don't like the atmosphere on saturn, and I do like it on pluto.

NC2 was the chance to draw more people in and they've fucking torpedo'd us instead.

Clownst0pper
we dont like the idea of playing on a server where no one knows who anyone is and every one is 20 levels below capping.

I am on fawkes on pluto, its not as if i dont play there.

And you learn everyones alts, and just about everyones alts on saturn are capped.

@ Jernau, here you go, your PPU list.

1. Holy Heal
2. Shelter
3. Deflector
4. TSS.
5. Cath Sanctum
6. DS
7. Psi Core
8. Parashock
9. Heal sanctum
10. Anti poison sanctum

There you go, the rest you can buy from the shops. wheres your problem?

dark_reaper
12-08-04, 18:39
I love it, guys if you want to go big you can make it to the E3 an to the Tokyo Game show, the two largest game trading event in the world. Also what has happened to the U.S. I do not see no U.S. Currencies on there. Just wandering, but every thing else is woot!

garyu69
12-08-04, 18:40
Justification for a price increase:

"This moderate price increase is due to the much improved server technology among other things."

How about you should have used the cash that has been increasing in the bank accounts over the past year of broken promises to pay for new servers and not just 3 of them :rolleyes:

Spermy
I like it. a lot. we'll all be those really tough ones, and more players means more people to recruit, One day my FA minions will rampage through neocron in an orgy of destruction and drom sexing - gotta have those droms

MUAHHAHAHAH!

n3m
K, although I, myself don't have any problems with the transfer. I think you need to rethink it a little bit.
Main reason for that suggestion being PPU's, their spells alone take more than 10slots, not to mention the implants (psi core, ds)

I second Mantiz' suggestion, make it the gogu instead of QB that will make ALOT of players happy. Seeying BDOY is an expansion..

I got 4 chars but am still able to transfer an additional 24 items for someone, but it seems he has his mind set on quitting :(

Nidhogg
Forget that - same old shitty database = same old shitty service.
You might want to try reading the rest of the thread.

N

ezza
12-08-04, 18:41
rofl, most people on saturn have more than one capped player, and since we have more chars we generally do have non capped player also.

but then take koro there, 4 fully capped players so fo figure that one mr pluto elitist

Brammers

As I said, I dont want to play on a "Saturn"

G.0.D.
And its not like I havent played saturn. I tried playing on saturn, made a 2 star ppu... It just isnt the same.

garyu69
Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean? Have you actually read the plan file yet? English negotiations are underway and more details will be released when they are completed, or would you rather they waited with all the news until then?

N
Nid, ECTS starts in September, that would have been perfect for KK to have showcased NC2, but nothing. :(

ezza
K, although I, myself don't have any problems with the transfer. I think you need to rethink it a little bit.
Main reason for that suggestion being PPU's, their spells alone take more than 10slots, not to mention the implants (psi core, ds)

I second Mantiz' suggestion, make it the gogu instead of QB that will make ALOT of players happy. Seeying BDOY is an expansion..

I got 4 chars but am still able to transfer an additional 24 items for someone, but it seems he has his mind set on quitting :(
umm the implants in our body we get to keep right?!?!

MrChumble
12-08-04, 18:42

N

It's meant to mean I'll believe it when I see it. That plan file doesn't inspire any confidence at all that they're taking their International community seriously.

If they get previews all over the place and advertise in the popular mags then that's great, but from that plan file that doesn't seem certain or even likely.

Call me a pessimist. I think think NC2 is going to be great, but I don't speak a word of German (apart from ones I saw on TV that would get me banned), and the one thing above all others I wanted from NC2 was a population surge on pluto (or it's replacement). I'm not sold on that plan file at all.

Clownst0pper
12-08-04, 18:43
And its not like I havent played saturn. I tried playing on saturn, made a 2 star ppu... It just isnt the same.

Of course its not the same

Different server

Different play styles

Different people

Different setups

Just different!

It wont be saturn, it will be a merge of what we know, and honestly, pluto players are no longer pluto players, neither are saturn players.

All on big orgy :P

Yes ezza, we can put implants in quickbelts.

n3m
12-08-04, 18:44
umm the implants in our body we get to keep right?!?!from what I understand, no.
just the quickbelt..

Garg [RogueNET]
All payment transactions concerning Neocron 2 will be handled by Click2Pay. This is the case for both new customers and Neocron 1 users. To prevent any misunderstandings, the account upgrade will only be possible after canceling the old payment agreement.

If this means i can no longer pay thru paybycash.com i guess i wont be joining u guys in NC2

Mr_Snow

N
The negotiations concerning the release of a boxed version are still in progress.

Boxed versions, not advertising, and it specificially says USA and Asia.

Get your own facts right.

Jest
A quick belts worth? Works for me :DMe too. Ill start figuring out my item right now. :p Also, Im accepting all forms of items on Uranus and Saturn for those of you who want to get on my good side at no loss to you. You cant take em with you anyways. :lol:

I am sad at this though.
e.g. you can’t transfer character A from account X and character B from account Y to your new account Z, only characters from either account X or Y I was hoping to meld my accounts and just play em all on different servers. :'(

Spermy
umm the implants in our body we get to keep right?!?!
Well I guess, all they're doin is transferring us, it'll just be like loading up from the menu as normal. Its well easy to keep a record on a written file of what imps you have in you, it's a lot harder to store a small file that conatins precise info about whatis in your inV, condition and numbers and such.

Clownst0pper
You can put implants in your quickbelt....

ezza
12-08-04, 18:45
You can put implants in your quickbelt....
umm but the point is, they are in our character, so they should move with the char it self not have to be QS items

Spermy
12-08-04, 18:45
']If this means i can no longer pay thru paybycash.com i guess i wont be joining u guys in NC2

PM me dude, I think I could sort something out with you.

Thanatos
12-08-04, 18:46
Uhuh, this plan file mainly addresses our immediate plans for the German market. The plans for the rest of the world (boxed version, marketing) are still in the works.

Why more german servers than english ones at first? Simply because there will be a lot of Germans trying the trial since those mags we mentioned reach a whole lot of people.

Mumblyfish
12-08-04, 18:46
It wont be saturn, it will be a merge of what we know, and honestly, pluto players are no longer pluto players, neither are saturn players.

All on big orgy :P
That's the problem. I don't WANT to hybrid the servers. Nothing against you Saturn or Uranus players, I... I just want my Pluto... :(

In case the :( emote didn't express it enough, I have in fact started crying a teense. I'm such a vagina... :(

Clownst0pper
12-08-04, 18:47
Uhuh, this plan file mainly addresses our immediate plans for the German market. The plans for the rest of the world (boxed version, marketing) are still in the works.

Why more german servers than english ones at first? Simply because there will be a lot of Germans trying the trial since those mags we mentioned reach over a million people monthly.

Thanatos, *points mic at him*

Care to comment on implants being transferred with characters?

@ mumbly *pats his back* pluto sucks dude, you know it to be true, 70-80 characters is not fun :)

ezza

Why more german servers than english ones at first? Simply because there will be a lot of Germans trying the trial since those mags we mentioned reach over a million people monthly.
so whats the point in plutonains porting over to the 4 slot server, only to get the 1 slot later on down the line.

will they be able to move again, or would they have to hold out those chars for when it arrives

Spermy
That's the problem. I don't WANT to hybrid the servers. Nothing against you Saturn or Uranus players, I... I just want my Pluto... :(

In case the :( emote didn't express it enough, I have in fact started crying a teense. I'm such a vagina... :(

Dude, a community is what you make it. Course ya can have your pluto you flange! :lol: Just get the old community in there too. ;)

MrChumble
12-08-04, 18:48

That doesn't really help if you close down pluto, then 2 months later open it up again when more people come along...too late to move chars to it then.

Nidhogg
12-08-04, 18:49
The negotiations concerning the release of a boxed version are still in progress.

Boxed versions, not advertising, and it specificially says USA and Asia.

Get your own facts right.
A boxed release is always backed up by advertising. I didn't think I needed to state the obvious. And English is a langage - did you think I meant they were only going to release in England?

N

G.0.D.
Its not the same because it IS a 4 player server... people come and go on pluto - its not like its been the same 3 guys sitting in p3 yelling OMG GUARD PUNCHERS!!21!eleven for the last year. Now if you need something tangible to understand my want for a 1 charicter server how about this. Many of us have spent our whole neocron lives in pluto with one charicter and have amased quiet a large fortune of rares. Now we get to bring 10 and only 10 to a new server. Saturn players who have played the same time can bring 40 rares to this new world; Now tell me how that works?

Now, dont get me wrong. Im not canceling my account over this or anything.. I just dont like it.

Brammers

You missing the point, the Germans are getting a one slot NC2 character server aka NC2 Jupter. Bets on 90% of the NC1 Jupiter players will transfer to NC2 Jupiter.

NC1 Pluto is getting...nothing.

The Saturn players, I'll bet that a lot of them will stick together and head to the 4 char server, but I'm happy with 1 character slot.

[Edit] OK I see the plans for the UK are not set yet...ok...now I'm confused.

jernau
12-08-04, 18:50
@ Jernau, here you go, your PPU list.

1. Holy Heal
2. Shelter
3. Deflector
4. TSS.
5. Cath Sanctum
6. DS
7. Psi Core
8. Parashock
9. Heal sanctum
10. Anti poison sanctum

There you go, the rest you can buy from the shops. wheres your problem?That's about a third of the spells my PPU carries.

Why should I have to spend a fortune I no longer have getting everything remade to the best quality at least twice (remember how much PPUs love to drop a belt). Bear in mind my resser would have lost his BP library in the move too.

Fuck that.

@Nid - I've read it and it's still mySQL so I'm not interested. As long as they use Noddy tech they will have a Noddy product.

Jest
Omg I missed the single international thing until I read the comments. Tbh thatd suck, but if they dont let us merge out multiple Pluto accounts into a single 4 char server account, then thats complete bull shit. ;)

Btw: Thanks for the information regardless Thannie. :p

Lachlan
Why is everyone reacting so badly to the information they so desperatly demanded? It's no wonder KK hates releasing any information.

First:

The character transfer allows the possibility to take along certain items from the quickbelt. For example, weapons and implants can be transferred, while keys of any kind can not be transferred to the character in Neocron 2. In the new game, the character will receive a certain amount of credits depending on its skill rank. We are aware not everyone will be thrilled about this, but this procedure is required for both technical and gameplay reasons.

I think quickbelt was a poor word choice here. Implants don't go into your quickbelt, but they can be transferred. What if what's actually meant here is not "quickbelt", but "character". That would mean more than 10 items, it would mean all items but those that are not allowed like keys. Think about it the reasoning behind this. Not only is it designed to reset the economy, but think about the complexity (and time) of transferring your stuff from the old database to the new one.

The start configuration will consist of at least two German and one international server, where one German Realm will allow only one single character and the two others multiple characters.

Again, this should probably read "at least two German and at least one International server" and let's not forget:

At the moment we plan on starting with 3 new servers and will react quickly and flexibly to the amount of players.

and

However, the final decision will also depend on the stress test during the open beta phase.

It's hard to pick apart language and word choice if this was actually translated to English by someone who may not speak English as their first language, no?

Settle down, it'll be okay. Cancel your account if you want, but you're all overreacting.

Xiphias
12-08-04, 18:51
A boxed release is always backed up by advertising. I didn't think I needed to state the obvious. And English is a langage - did you think I meant they were only going to release in England?

N

considering the amount of advertising with a "boxed realease" last time, doesn't really inspire much confidence. :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
12-08-04, 18:51
Its not the same because it IS a 4 player server... people come and go on pluto - its not like its been the same 3 guys sitting in p3 yelling OMG GUARD PUNCHERS!!21!eleven for the last year. Now if you need something tangible to understand my want for a 1 charicter server how about this. Many of us have spent our whole neocron lives in pluto with one charicter and have amased quiet a large fortune of rares. Now we get to bring 10 and only 10 to a new server. Saturn players who have played the same time can bring 40 rares to this new world; Now tell me how that works?

Now, dont get me wrong. Im not canceling my account over this or anything.. I just dont like it.

OK. Fair enough, you have alot of items, how much of those items do you use?

Your implants, and your weapons.

I cant hardly imagine you regularly walk to your apt, and say OHHH ill change to this CS today.

Infact, I have zero doubt, your amassed rares are gathering dust, you just have them, because A) youve got no one to sell them to, B) there is infact no one to sell them to, C) Status symbol

Either way, as long as youve got what you need to function, the rest is replaceable, No?

Spermy
12-08-04, 18:52

Tough break dude, but that's what you get. after all even if a new pluto was opened up immediately, you'd still only get your ten slots. so I don't see why your complaining.

MrChumble
12-08-04, 18:53
Why is everyone reacting so badly to the information they so desperatly demanded? It's no wonder KK hates releasing any information.

Like I said in a previous thread...they'd get flamed whatever they say/do :)

10 items...better than a full wipe, but off the top of my head I can think of about 30 I need just to get by, that's without spares, and only for one char.

Mr_Snow

N
neocron 1 wasnt backed up by advertising
a hell of a lot of games arent
It's hardly obvious considered neocrons stellar record at advertising, ey?

English is regarded as the international languge, but I see asia and USA specifically mentioned, as if they are the only areas being targeted.

athon
Why on earth do they have to call them 'German' and 'International' servers at all - the way I see it now, there's basically all languages on all servers. Why not just say 'there will be 3 server - 2 multicharacter and 1 single character'.

Athon Solo

Clownst0pper
That's about a third of the spells my PPU carries.

Why should I have to spend a fortune I no longer have getting everything remade to the best quality at least twice (remember how much PPUs love to drop a belt). Bear in mind my resser would have lost his BP library in the move too.

Fuck that.

@Nid - I've read it and it's still mySQL so I'm not interested. As long as they use Noddy tech they will have a Noddy product.

A third? Of course its a third, Its a third of what you NEED.

Level 3 buffs, - all shop bought, group deflectors and shelters? No one uses

Group heals? No one uses

Anti dmg boost? Anti Shock? All can be remade with slot enhancers.

Slot enhancers drop like the fucking rain in the tunnels.

Of course, if theres other spells I should know about please tell me jernau, as your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Freeejumper
12-08-04, 18:54
for me its a statement saying .... we hate english players and ehhh we hate pluto ... how about implants ? will we lose our implants ?

Mumblyfish
Tough break dude, but that's what you get. after all even if a new pluto was opened up immediately, you'd still only get your ten slots. so I don't see why your complaining.
Yep. And everyone else would get the same, unlike the current treatment which shafts Pluto players.

And Lev, implants DO go into the Quickbelt.

G.0.D.
well if a new pluto was opened up I would be playing in an econemy where every one was only able to bring 10 items over. and I would be at par with every one else. But what ever Im going back to playing some random beta that brings hope to me in my hours of darkness :rolleyes:

Spermy
12-08-04, 18:55
Like I said in a previous thread...they'd get flamed whatever they say/do :)

10 items...better than a full wipe, but off the top of my head I can think of about 30 I need just to get by, that's without spares, and only for one char.

Make two more on the same account... unless... wait. Pluto?

ezza
12-08-04, 18:56
can i have an answer on epics and implants plz?

i mean push come to shove i will be able to take most of my tanks stuff, but id like to think that stuff like epic items would auto go over and the imps in ourselves should carry over also imo

just got my tanks QB done

1=cs
2=cs
3=cs
4=cs
5=cs
6=rav
7=rav
8=rav
9=dev
10=dev
bollocks ran out of space :lol:

Clownst0pper
for me its a statement saying .... we hate english players and ehhh we hate pluto ...

Its a german game, in a german market.

Why not appeal there first, and then the rest after or afew weeks later?

ID dont release in germany first, they release doom 3 in the US which is what they know.

OMG ID HATE ENGLAND AS IT CAME OUT AFTER THE US RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spermy

ID dont release in germany first, they release doom 3 in the US which is what they know.

Applause for that man!

garyu69
12-08-04, 18:57
BTW, By that plan file it appears that we are going to have to pay to beta test.

Jest
12-08-04, 18:58
ROFL. I just realized that if I wont be able to consolidate my accounts and will be forced to play a single multichar server.... I will have 3 high tech pistol PEs.... damnit....

Conduit
It's a nice plan file IMO. The 10 slots in your quick-belt (+ the imps the char has implanted & armor they're wearing, right?) is more than enough for anybody to start off fresh in NC 2 without completely screwing the economy for the expected new wave of players. It gets rid of a lot of 'dubiously acquired' items & frees up the database of the hundreds of thousands of useless, horded-and-never-used items that have accumulated over the last couple of years. (& I have 10 apartments full of stuff gathered over the last two years before anyone starts to accuse me of not having anything to lose)
Well done on making that decision.

All those people who said they'd leave if this happened can now put their money where their mouth is and go play something else - Bye.
There are a couple of people that will be missed by the community in general I'm sure, and i hope they reconsider their position, but for the most part, the demanding, threatening, whiny, I'll-have-a-tantrum-if-i-don't-get-my-own-way-and-get-mummy-to-cancel-her-credit-card type of people I'll be very glad to see the back of.

Xiphias
what about people with say half a ds or any other mc5 chip? means you gonna have to spend the time to grind at mc5 again, or spend up to 5 slots in your qb to make sure you can take all your parts to neocron (retail). :p

Mr_Snow

planetside had like 4 or 8 US servers and only 1 european, never heard anyone complain about that

the fact the international community has stuck by NC even though we've always been treated as second rate customers, maybe we expected better?

carrying this game, only to be given the finger at the last moment, and laughed at

tkNukem
12-08-04, 18:59
*also points microphone at Thanatos*

care to comment on the BETA overlap of the supposed september 1st release date?

MrChumble
12-08-04, 18:59
ROFL. I just realized that if I wont be able to consolidate my accounts and will be forced to play a single multichar server.... I will have 3 high tech pistol PEs.... damnit....

Yeah I'm kinda wondering what to do with 3 PPUs :)

Nidhogg
12-08-04, 19:00
Noddy tech? Better tell that to SAP. They're the third largest software developer in the world and they've moved over to it. Do you think the world's largest ERP vendor would trust "noddy" software to run all those manufacturing operations?

Most of the problems we've experienced with MySQL have been the lousy Windows support as well as the fact that there was no item tracking facility. On the Linux platform it's far more stable and far quicker, it's connected to the world servers via a 2GB pipe and supports brand new item tracking software (and nothing else).

It's hardly reasonable to criticise something you've never seen in action though I can certainly understand where you're coming from.

N

Spermy
It's a nice plan file IMO. The 10 slots in your quick-belt (+ the imps the char has implanted & armor they're wearing, right?) is more than enough for anybody to start off fresh in NC 2 without completely screwing the economy for the expected new wave of players. It gets rid of a lot of 'dubiously acquired' items & frees up the database of the hundreds of thousands of useless, horded-and-never-used items that have accumulated over the last couple of years. (& I have 10 apartments full of stuff gathered over the last two years before anyone starts to accuse me of not having anything to lose)
Well done on making that decision.

To all those people who said they'd leave if this happened can now put their money where their mouth is and go play something else - Bye.
There are a couple of people that will be missed by the community in general I'm sure, and i hope they reconsider their position, but for the most part, the demanding, threatening, whiny, I'll-have-a-tantrum-if-i-don't-get-my-own-way-and-get-mummy-to-cancel-her-credit-card type of people I'll be very glad to see the back of.

Aye, as you grow older kids, you learn one thing. Life isn't always fair. You know what you do? YOU DEAL WITH IT. NC is not the be all and end all guys.
My muumy says so. :lol:

Darth Slayer
Make sure u got all your nice stuff in your Quikbelts...... :lol:

Scorpius.

garyu69
12-08-04, 19:01

No people don't moan about that, but lets face it, a few weeks KK time is going to be next summer.

Clownst0pper
what about people with say half a ds or any other mc5 chip? means you gonna have to spend the time to grind at mc5 again, or spend up to 5 slots in your qb to make sure you can take all your parts to neocron (retail). :p

Choice your going to have to make.

+ ill have space free, hand em me, ill give em you on the other side *pats his shoulder*

Spermy
Make sure u got all your nice stuff in your Quikbelts...... :lol:

Scorpius.

WTS 4 C/S! 5 5 slot holy heals! lol

Endar
12-08-04, 19:02
Wow! Sounds great!

I mean really! They fixed fecking economy, much more players (most of people living in Germany can speak English too :p, Im from Finland and I can speak English, altho it aint as good as from someone that lives in England but anyway).

Better servers, better database = really enjoyable experience with my new comp and 2mbit ADSL :D

And dont whine about the 10 items, thats awesome way to fix the economy and still you get to keep the most important items.

When the retail comes I go and try to get someone I know to write article about Neocron 2 in finnish PC game magazine, and also Im going to advertise NC2 to all my friends (whats more fun than playing MMORPG with someone you really know? :D).

The open beta is great (and needet) idea, you can stress test your servers and NC2 will get noticed by more players. BTW you should send info to places like www.mmorpg.com many gamers that like MMORPGs read sites like those, and its free advertising :D

Anyway looking forward of seeing NC2.

Im not sure if I missed it but when the retail is going online?

Xiphias
12-08-04, 19:02
BTW, By that plan file it appears that we are going to have to pay to beta test.

rofl.

40$Poser
12-08-04, 19:03
oh well, better than saying you can't bring anything with you. 10 slots should be sufficent per char.

Jest
Choice your going to have to make.

+ ill have space free, hand em me, ill give em you on the other side *pats his shoulder*No me! Alls I know is that I have 3 accounts, and only a single character on Saturn and Uranus. Thats 11 characters on each server to transfer stuff. ^^ Hmmm maybe I should start up my services on ebay...

enigma_b17
o come on dec, ur ppu alone would take upo 2 lol

ezza
nothing new there, we have been doing that for 2 years now :lol:

n3m
12-08-04, 19:04
can i have an answer on epics and implants plz?

i mean push come to shove i will be able to take most of my tanks stuff, but id like to think that stuff like epic items would auto go over and the imps in ourselves should carry over also imo

just got my tanks QB done

1=cs
2=cs
3=cs
4=cs
5=cs
6=rav
7=rav
8=rav
9=dev
10=dev
bollocks ran out of space :lol:lol :lol:

well for me
tank qb: herc, moveon, pp, marine, cs, ms, the rare fusion cannon thingy, forgot the name :o
pe qb: lib, moveon, pp, sf
apu qb: core, HL, FA, firestorm
ppu qb: nothing :p

hmm forgetting something, but that's about all I need to transfer.
all other imps can be replaced
meaning I got 24 empty slots for u nono :x

still means I loose a lot of rares I have in Cabs but I never use them anyway

Spermy

No real date yet, just sometime in sept, I guess when theyre happy with it

Dargeshaad

and what have we been doing the last 1½-2 years? :rolleyes:

::edit
equal minds thinks alike ehh ezza :lol:

enigma_b17
lol n3m

coppertop
12-08-04, 19:05
The character transfer allows the possibility to take along certain items from the quickbelt. For example, weapons and implants can be transferred, while keys of any kind can not be transferred to the character in Neocron 2

I need clarifiction of the above. Does that mean we only get one quickbelt full of gear or that we can only transfer over wpns and imps ?.

Ohh and is the international server going to be multi slot and if so how many slots?. The last thing I want is a four slot server.

Shit I just noticed. Delayed again?. Damn man, the past month has been long enough, if you had told me 2 months ago I could have canceled my account till the release instead of wasting my time.

MrChumble
12-08-04, 19:06

According to MJS it is coming out on 1st Sept. Which squares nicely with:

At that point, we will start an open beta phase that is supposed to go until the 23rd of September 2004. The timeframe between the end of the beta test and the release will be used to prepare the release servers.

Oh...wait...there's not even a release date anymore. O_o

LiL T
12-08-04, 19:07
Well I'm quite happy with this I don't have MASSES AND MASSES of stuff :) I could get everything I will ever need across.

If anyone is really that pissed and plays on saturn my trade skillers will have lots of free slots to carry stuff for them and I'm a trust worthy person. I'd be happy to carry stuff across for people :)

ezza
12-08-04, 19:07
According to MJS it is coming out on 1st Sept. Which squares nicely with:

Oh...wait...there's not even a release date anymore. O_o
chumble after so many broken dates should we really of though they would stick to the this one

If anyone is really that pissed and plays on saturn my trade skillers will have lots of free slots to carry stuff for them and I'm a trust worthy person. I'd be happy to carry stuff across for people lol im sure the people you have killed will be lining up to use your services

Clownst0pper
12-08-04, 19:08
Well I'm quite happy with this I don't have MASSES AND MASSES of stuff :) I could get everything I will ever need across.

If anyone is really that pissed and plays on saturn my trade skillers will have lots of free slots to carry stuff for them and I'm a trust worthy person. I'd be happy to carry stuff across for people :)

LIES TERROR! SHES A KNOWN PKER!!!!! she will rob you !!!

;) :lol:

40$Poser
12-08-04, 19:08
o come on dec, ur ppu alone would take upo 2 lol

1: DS
2: PSI Core
3: Holy Heal
4: Holy Shelter
5: Holy Deflector
6: Holy Rezz
7: PPU PA 3
8: maybe another head imp
9: 4 slot true sight sanctum
10: holy para

armor, boosters, can be all bought back

MrChumble
12-08-04, 19:09
chumble after so many broken dates should we really of though they would stick to the this one

I honestly did. I mean really. MJS said it himself, and they had months and months to get it done. Sigh.

If it was 23rd September that'd be fine, but now it's "some time after 23rd September" which is a little vague for my liking.

LiL T
12-08-04, 19:10
LIES TERROR! SHES A KNOWN PKER!!!!! she will rob you !!!

;) :lol:

Nah I never scammed anyone ever I'm not that sort of person I really don't see me having any use for them I only really play my PE only need 2 guns for that ;)

Lachlan
You people are amazing. NOWHERE did it say ANYTHING about 10 items!!! Come on, you're reading way too much into it.

Ah well, I give up. Have it your way. Be pissed off. Quit the game. See if I care.

Nidhogg
Keep the spam off this thread please.

N

ezza
12-08-04, 19:11
You people are amazing. NOWHERE did it say ANYTHING about 10 items!!! Come on, you're reading way too much into it.

Ah well, I give up. Have it your way. Be pissed off. Quit the game. See if I care.
the bit were it says quick belts worth of items orwhatever

The character transfer allows the possibility to take along certain items from the quickbelt.

Dim
12-08-04, 19:11
NOWHERE did it say ANYTHING about 10 items!!!
The quickbelt thing kinda implies that.

oh and someone said it earlier, wrong way afaik.
Great minds think alike.

Xiphias
12-08-04, 19:12
At that point, we will start an open beta phase that is supposed to go until the 23rd of September 2004. The timeframe between the end of the beta test and the release will be used to prepare the release servers

:wtf:

sorry chumble i just nicked the quote off your post :D

Spermy
@ Niddy, you mite know this, In relation to money depending on level, is that our starter cash, if we transfer old accounts?

Mr_Snow
ppu: holy para, holy shelter, holy def, holy heal, hh sanct, cath sanct, truesight sanct, holy rezz, DS, psi-core
throw away everything else?

tank: speedgat,male,moonie,cs,dev,ravager,herc,marine, move-on, resistor
throw away everything else including FH2?

pistol spy: SS, SF, SA, move-on, res glove, rep glove, tl150 research tool, slasher, exec, rolh
throw away libby, judge,boh and everything else?

bah, BAH

full wipe or no wipe, half assed measures dont work

coppertop
12-08-04, 19:13
the bit were it says quick belts worth of items orwhatever
It says quickbelt items like weapons and imps. I need clarification of this point. I need to know whether it means one quick belt full or items that are used in the quickbelt i.e. weapons and your implants.

As a PPU i hope its the latter. 10 slots is nowhere near enough space just for my really important stuff.

Mumblyfish
You get to keep your Quickbelt, only things that won't be transferred are keys. That comes to ten items.

And I'd be really worried if knew so little about their own game they mixed up "quickbelt" with "inventory".

ezza
while keys of any kind can not be transferred to the character in Neocron 2 hmm just reread it and saw this

so basically i wasted my time doing next and DRE epics?

Ryman
12-08-04, 19:14
I cant see the real problem with only taking 10 items , and for those of US that have half a DS or Herc(yes that does include me) now is the time to work your bollox off and get the extra parts and get it made before NC2 starts . remmeber there will be a lot of other tarders that cant take parts with them that will trade off to get items made.

Dim
12-08-04, 19:14
With a full wipe more ppl would go crying...

sanityislost
12-08-04, 19:15
Glad we got some info about whats going to happen, tho i think im going to have
my pluto chars on the german 1 slot....cant speak german...but meh :/
If the rest of pluto did the same it wouldnt be all that bad lol

SiL ..:..

Xiphias
With a full wipe more ppl would go crying...

no point, we'd just leave.

Endar
Just noticed that they are advertising on www.mmorpg.com :D But the game aint on the release list for some reason o_O

jiga
So you only get to keep your quickbelts and not the implants in your head?

Cypher_Psy
The only questions I really have are these: -

Is it strictly Quick-Belt (10 items) only or do you get to keep *implanted* implants as well?

Is the transfer strictly *weapons and implants* or do we get to take tools as well.....?

Ryman
12-08-04, 19:16
so basically i wasted my time doing next and DRE epics?

i would expect that we could do the epics again , and there will be a new bunch of epics to do

Dim
12-08-04, 19:16
no point, we'd just leave.
That's why I said: "GO crying"

Is the transfer strictly *weapons and implants* or do we get to take tools as well.....?
it said: "for example weapons and implants"
it also states keys are not transferable, only keys.

BlackwooD
12-08-04, 19:17
Pluto event!! lets all have a huge item chunk party, we can ravage ourselves in credits and celebrate are wasted times together. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mantiz
12-08-04, 19:17
1. Tagged GR's will be transfered?
2. Faction symps reset?
3. Vehicle keys transferable?

Xiphias
12-08-04, 19:18
That's why I said: "GO crying"

snivel snivel?

ezza
i would expect that we could do the epics again , and there will be a new bunch of epics to do
ya i know we get all the DoY epics, however about the dre next ones, that will depend on how easy or hard it is to go from anti to pro

jernau
Of course, if theres other spells I should know about please tell me jernau, as your making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I can't continue this on this forum but you should know as well as I do why this is being done and that it will be a royal pain in the arse to get back to where I am now.

Anyway it doesn't make any difference any more. I'll enjoy NC "classic" for as long as I can and then move on. NC was great fun for a long time, shame I won't see the next chapter.

evs
Im actually 'happier' that we know something now.

There are a few nuances with the post - such as how multi character server players already are having a bigger boon.

If they are doing it with a web interface, i suggest the following:

1. 4 chars made up of any of your chars on that account.
2. All items from all your characters are added into your own private 'item transfer list' which you can select from.
3. Only implants / armour worn can be carried across on that character.

That way if you have amassed more stuff on pluto - you can choose your 3 saturn characters to take 10 of the pluto items each with them.

Anyway - also what i would like to see is clarification of what items are allowed to be transferred by QB.

NS_CHROME54
well we can just keep playing nc1 :\

Morganth
I think KK need to clarify some information before the community (the ones who pay KK's bills) move over to whatever servers like:

-Can we transfer current armour/imps we have in as well as QB?
-How many slots will the "International" server have available?
-Will there ever be a 1 slot ENGLISH speaking (you know, the most spoken language in the world?) for the Plutonians who want Pluto rather than playing on Platuranus (Pluto/Saturn/Uranus combined)?
-I guess cash will be wiped, so hopefully the starter cash will be enough to be of use to a capped/near capped character?
-Will symps be reset?
-Will clan leaders be reimbursed with a new key to replace the deleted one? Especially if we get a cash wipe.
-What day will the NC1 servers be unavailable from? Would be nice to know so people know when they have to get their characters sorted by. I for one will be pissed if I miss the chance as I go on hols for two weeks as of tomorrow.

And also I think that anyone who has a tradeskiller should get some kind of compensation for their work, especially if they have an apt full of BPs/chems/parts.

joran420
12-08-04, 19:19
ummm maybe i mis read it....but it didnt say you can only transfer 10 items...It said you will be able to take certain items like weapons and implants...but you will not be able to transfer keys and such

Xiphias
12-08-04, 19:19
2. Faction symps reset?

1. Would imagine so.
2. Don't think so.
3. No.

still would like something to concrete to tell you, but...

Spermy
12-08-04, 19:20
2. Faction symps reset?

Interesting point.

Strange but I hope

1) No
2) Yes
3) No

Like the oklahoma race, the first few days are gonna be so interesting, staking a claim in fresh ground.

Danae
Woah Nelly...

Okay, just one second. Breath...reread the plan file...breath...reread the plan file.

Now, this is not the be all end all last information you will be getting - this was mostly explaining the marketing strategy for the German community (and it is understandable they want to test their strategy on "home turf" first) - English/International release information will be given at a later date as it is still under negotiations - unfortunately it's how the world works. It's easy to read this and get upset thinking that's it, the book is closed - but you really need to understand at present this is only one side of the marketing coin. This is not a slap in the face, it is not a stick in your rear, or whatever horrible thoughts are currently going through your head. Realize things have changed, there is a new CEO, there is a new partner, there are new ideas and strategies, and yes it will effect all of us.

I know it's hard but be patient...or...or....or I'll let Nid off his leash ;)

ezza
The most important changes for our team at KK are two personnel changes. Martin J. Schwiezer is joining the board of directors of the 10tacle Studios AG and I will be entering his footsteps as new CEO of Reakktor shortly hope Mr Nathrath will be more visable on the forums than MJS was at times.

i guess also congratulations to ya on promotion

I know it's hard but be patient...or...or....or I'll let Nid off his leash dont make me let loose the zoneseek forum posse on to him ;) :p

..i..DemonX
12-08-04, 19:23
lmao

I dont realy know why we all still here, realy i dont. KK could realy realy be so lucky that there is atm not any real game thats as good as NC (PvP whise).
So we all still here and we all still let us fool all time! Woot! Thx to KK its realy a lott of fun!
1st September haha omg haha

Oh well u realy realy know how to loose customers! I realy dont know if u know how to lead a company, atm it dont realy look like.

But beside some Questions,

Whats up with the Imps the Chars got in the Brain?
Whats with Epic Items?
How much is the money i get per level?

I dont expect any answer but well ....

jernau
12-08-04, 19:23
Noddy tech? Better tell that to SAP. They're the third largest software developer in the world and they've moved over to it. Do you think the world's largest ERP vendor would trust "noddy" software to run all those manufacturing operations?

Most of the problems we've experienced with MySQL have been the lousy Windows support as well as the fact that there was no item tracking facility. On the Linux platform it's far more stable and far quicker, it's connected to the world servers via a 2GB pipe and supports brand new item tracking software (and nothing else).

It's hardly reasonable to criticise something you've never seen in action though I can certainly understand where you're coming from.

NI'm pretty much certain you know full well how poorly it performs on largely numbers of parallel transactions and that it's locking is atrocious. I don't think it's a coincidence that so many of NCs bug fit exactly with those weaknesses.

Praetorian
12-08-04, 19:26
Damn...

Seems that as for KK support... Germany > us... WTF?`

QBs worth of stuff? ffs... If it was a joke its not even funny... Especially coming form pluto i dont feel ripped off, no...

And for us who have multiple accounts, let us MERGE them to save money! That cant be that hard to implement, and that alone will save me quite some cash, now they decide to launch *1* international server with multiple slots... Grrr... lol 2 german and 1 international... i mean... what the hell??? Isnt it the other way around at the moment? :wtf:

Sigh...

Morganth
dont make me let loose the zoneseek forum posse on to him ;) :p

From what I have read him say on the ShadoW forums I'd say he'd have a field day laying into KK about the plan file, lol.

TBH I think they shouls have put a disclaimer on the planfile stating: More information to come regarding English/US/Asian marketing, and changes in result of the paying customers requests.

Disturbed021
Thanks for the update and info.
I have a couple of questions that appear unanswered or I am unclear on atm;

1. It is clear that weapons and implants can be takin over if they are in your QB, however, what is not clear is what will happen to the implants in your head, are those transferred along with the 10 items in your qb?

2. I have 2 accounts; 8 characters on Uranus, 7 on Saturn and 2 on Pluto. If their is only one 4-slot international server at first, is it correct to assume I pick each character I have individually to be transferred from each account? Meaning, I can pick 2 chars from Uranus 1 from Saturn and 1 from Pluto and have them transferred?
If at a later date another International server opens can I transfer the other characters that were not already transferred?

Endar
12-08-04, 19:27
Aww hell the fecking planfile read that you can keep all the implants on you doesnt it?

Like I said, there are people who just look for a reason so they can cry on the forums... It seems that there are people who are lazy and cry about that too..

garyu69
Woah Nelly...

Okay, just one second. Breath...reread the plan file...breath...reread the plan file.

Now, this is not the be all end all last information you will be getting - this was mostly explaining the marketing strategy for the German community (and it is understandable they want to test their strategy on "home turf" first) - English/International release information will be given at a later date as it is still under negotiations - unfortunately it's how the world works. It's easy to read this and get upset thinking that's it, the book is closed - but you really need to understand at present this is only one side of the marketing coin. This is not a slap in the face, it is not a stick in your rear, or whatever horrible thoughts are currently going through your head. Realize things have changed, there is a new CEO, there is a new partner, there are new ideas and strategies, and yes it will effect all of us.

I know it's hard but be patient...or...or....or I'll let Nid off his leash ;)can you answer me this.

German plan has been stated correct?
So does this mean that only the German Server can pass over come retail while we remain in NC1?
Then when the International plan is released its the turn of the other servers to move accrosS?

Spermy
lmao

I dont realy know why we all still here, realy i dont. KK could realy realy be so lucky that there is atm not any real game thats as good as NC (PvP whise).
So we all still here and we all still let us fool all time! Woot! Thx to KK its realy a lott of fun!
1st September haha omg haha

Oh well u realy realy know how to loose customers! I realy dont know if u know how to lead a company, atm it dont realy look like.

But beside some Questions,

Whats up with the Imps the Chars got in the Brain?
Whats with Epic Items?
How much is the money i get per level?

I dont expect any answer but well ....

SO much for a loyal fanbase. It's not that hard. Leave, but i know that I will see you in NC2 mate, you're right. theres nothing out there like it.

You may say "I'll be there but i won't be happy"

I say: Why pay for something you aint happy with.

Personally I'm over the moon, my full support goes to KK

GambitFlame
all i want confirmed is whether or not you have to put your imps in your qb or if you keep your currently inserted imps :confused:

Lev
12-08-04, 19:29
I am excited about NC2 but its unlikely I will be playing if there is not a one char international server, Why not just make it 2 international, 4 and 1 slot and 1 german 4 slot server? If it turns out I can play on the one slot 1 german with no problems that might be the way to go.

AS for the topic of mySQL being no so good. Niddhog Correctly said SAP runs it. Great. As a DB architect (some of the time the rest of the time is InfoSec) I think I can talk about this with some degree of authority. mySQL blows monkey chunks. But how can SAP use it then? Well for one thing they probably have masively distributed servers each running a smaller subset per department that needs it. MySQL has the unfortunate tendencyof choking under large numbers of concurrent connections. Lets say 200 to be generous, So we distribute the dB server amongst say 5 servers. Thats 1000 concurrent connections per server cluster (more if they have more servers, but unlikely). MySQL just recently started support Transactions (Version 3.23+ I believe) and they rollback support kind of sucks, of course the rollbacks KK does will be backup restores, but still. mySQL is also NOT stable on any hardware running past say 60-90 days (again being generous) this isnt a big deal, just restart the servers every 2 months or so, but still a pain. Oracle is the way to go IF YOUR ENTIRE GAME AND ALL YOUR REVENUES COUNTS ON HAVING A ROCK SOLID AND RELIABLE DATABASE. Thje upside of this is that when mySQL crashed it does so very nicely and hardly ever loses data (I have never lost data on a mySQL server, but I know people who have, rarely, ymmv). So the crashes are relatively short down times.

So yeah mySQL does suck, you can make it work by having massive server clusters and awesome DB admins who stay on top of shit, and if you do it can be very attractive price wise as compared to Oracle or SQL server. The fact of the matter is I get the sneaking suspicion that KK doesnt have a couple full times DB admins, or even one. I get the impression its the developers who are responsible for it, which is cool except that code slingers != DB wizards. So its for these reasons that I think mySQL is "noddy" softs.

Please debate me on this.

Mr_Snow
12-08-04, 19:30
From what I have read him say on the ShadoW forums I'd say he'd have a field day laying into KK about the plan file, lol.

TBH I think they shouls have put a disclaimer on the planfile stating: More information to come regarding English/US/Asian marketing, and changes in result of the paying customers requests.
its 3 weeks to the release date we were promised by MJS, would not be broken, no NOT AT ALL BROKEN, he swore it, unlike all others wouldnt be broken

3 weeks until release and the plan file isnt final?

what the hell kind of CEO is MJS?

Beowulf
12-08-04, 19:30
-Will there ever be a 1 slot ENGLISH speaking (you know, the most spoken language in the world?) for the Plutonians who want Pluto rather than playing on Platuranus (Pluto/Saturn/Uranus combined)?
The most spoken language in the world is mandarin.
Then comes spanish
English is the third.

Trivial
12-08-04, 19:32
Wow...I've been a gimped cster since...hell beta...

I started retail as soon as i could get a copy here...and now...several years later, the only thing that make me worth anything is getting stripped away... and yes I'm talking about several apartments full of parts, and more filled with built rares...

I've never had anything bad to say about KK, other than the occational joke at FREs. I even knew this was coming...but wanted it out of the horses mouth so to speak...however it doesn't change the fact that they lost my account come september...as if they care about losing a customer thats been loyal since before the game even hit shelves.

(yes i know this is the only way to 'stablize' the ecomony in the new product off the start, but it also destroys the viablilty of my account)

Well, that said, see you all in game till september.

jerrymaguire
12-08-04, 19:33
We will all find something bad to say about the plan file, but why bother moaning over lost "things". I find the prospect of having to actually go and work at gathering posessions AGAIN will bring back the feelings that I had when I first started out in NC1.

ATM, being able just to go into any shop, and buying everthing because of my big bank balance is no fun, or to go up against 85% of the mobs within the world and take them down with ease is just no fun at all. When was the last time you were scared of a warbot? Doomreaper? Mutants? Having only a few possessions will maybe help create the sense of achievement that has been so long forgotten.

I play saturn only, and the economy there is f**ked up. Something has to be done, and NC2 brings hope.

ALL EPIC rewards should be brought over. Everyone has taken their time and achived the awards, so why should they loose them now.

I can live with 10 items, but would rather have another choice.

Give us 2 International servers. I don't play on pluto, but by FORCING plutonians to join the multi-slot Int server, a whole community will be lost forever. Of course everyone who wants a single slot server could try to take over the one slot German server, but it would ruin it for the German comunity.

I didn't see anything to say that cash can't be taken over to NC2, or maybe I'm wrong.

I think that will do me for now.

I will welcome NC2, but will miss NC1. Will have to see how the free month goes.

BTW, If we choose to transfer to the "classic" server, does the subscription still increase?

Weaponizer
12-08-04, 19:34
After reading the plan file..

*faints*

Researchers with massive blueprint libraries are screwd !! (dayumn!!)
BTW can we transfer blueprints over? can we?
8|
Constructors on the other hand won't be affected much..

garyu69
12-08-04, 19:34
what the hell kind of CEO is MJS?A very rich one who appears to be really smart in keeping a constant income.

HatchetRyda
12-08-04, 19:35
This sucks..

I am going to quit when DoY comes, no god damn point of playing when we can't have everything transfered over.

Spermy
12-08-04, 19:36
its 3 weeks to the release date we were promised by MJS, would not be broken, no NOT AT ALL BROKEN, he swore it, unlike all others wouldnt be broken

3 weeks until release and the plan file isnt final?

what the hell kind of CEO is MJS?

YOU run the company then ¬_¬

Marx
12-08-04, 19:36
Knew it.

jernau
12-08-04, 19:37
Then comes spanish
English is the third.
err.....no

HatchetRyda
Basically, play until the end of the month..

Psyborg
everything sounds good to me

garyu69
YOU run the company then ¬_¬
I will.

I would have had preview at E3.
I would have had game on show at GC and ECTS
I would have made sure i had a publisher capable of worldwide promotion ability.

Barak
12-08-04, 19:38
A very rich one who appears to be really smart in keeping a constant income.
whilst managing to anally ******** the community :rolleyes:

another push back? who would have guessed?

also I wonder how many people will get banned for not being a fanboi

+ Niddy when the hell did you last PLAY neocron? I'm curious how you've been around aslong as most and sorta said im going to put up with everything? 8|

J. Folsom
12-08-04, 19:39
Constructors on the other hand won't be affected much..
That's practically tradition. *grumbles a bit about research speed not increasing as well as construct speed does*

---

Anyway, to me it sounds good enough, I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of an English/International one-slot server though. I was hoping to transfer to the "new" Pluto with BDoY (I'll call it that till the ends of time, hah!). In fact, I'll probably make a net gain on it, considering my normal account of cash hovers somewhere between the 0 and 100.000 credits. :p
Of course, that also explains quite clearly why it sounds good to me, there is no loss at all. Well, a little extra costs, nothing I can't manage.

I'll hold stuff for anyone on Saturn who wants it, I'll only need 4 or maybe 5 items myself anyway.
That same offer counts for every other server, get your dibs on Folsom's item transfers :p

Mr_Snow
err.....no
Yeah, I wonder how many of those chinese/south americans have PC's, and internet.

Vampire222
I like the plan file, but i still got 3 questions:

1. How will the 10 item transfer work... do you haveto put the things you want to keep in your quickbelt upfront?..

2. what is the intended online playercount per server? (to give an idea how tense the servers will be populated)

3. Armor transfer.. it shouldnt be hard to also transfer peoples armor with them that they wear while transferring, why not do that too? (would make it a bit easyer to start off in nc2 right away without having to buy new armor)

Good work on the transfer answer kk... i know it's not perfect, but atleast we all get to keep the most important stuff...

Dribble Joy
err.....no
err.....yes (http://www.krysstal.com/spoken.html)

Lev
Then comes spanish
English is the third.

definetly not its:

1. Mandarin
2. English
3. Hindustani
4. spanish

http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/toptens/languages/languages3.html

Nidhogg
12-08-04, 19:40
Lets say 200 to be generous, So we distribute the dB server amongst say 5 servers.
There aren't 200 connections because the database is accessed by the game server on behalf of the game clients. There is one item tracking server per world, not for the whole game. There is also a completely separate database for characters etc., again per world.

N

Callash
12-08-04, 19:40
Germany, germany, germany, no mention of anywhere else
True, which is why Thanatos posted:

Please note that this concerns mainly the German market. The plans for the rest of the world are still in the works.

Where's the mention of the new database that would mean we actually get support?
Here: "The databases will also run on improved hardware and use Linux." These babies have a lot of features we had missing, like item tracking and stability.

nugz420
12-08-04, 19:41
Hmm looks alright I guess I'LL upgrade 1 account to NC2 and cancel the other to start.

My only concerns are exactly how the item transferes will work the plan file was pretty vauge.

I do not currently play NC1 but it would be nice to know exactly what the rules are on item transferes.So I could sort out my accounts before NC2 as I have left them both active.

Kinda dissapointed at another missed release date but I'd have to say you were blind if you didnt see it coming.

So i Guess my only question is how exactly will item transferes work?
(how many items total?? imps in your head go or do you gotta pput them in your quickbelt?Armor equipped goes or you gotta put in quick belt? etc......)

Oh yeah also how many slots is the internation server to start? it only says multiple that could be 2 slots to a billion slots.

Benjie
After reading the plan file (and knowing that the entire thread isn't going to be worth reading) I think the future for Neocron is perfect from a buisness point of view.
Anyone who dislikes this planfile is probabally either a pre-teenager or really fucking stupid. Either way, they either know squat about buisness stratagy or don't care about Reakktors future as a buisness.
Go go Reakktor go!

Disturbed021
At first I was kind of upset that they didn't say anything about a 1 slot international server as Pluto has always been my home, but it just doesnt make much sense to have one.
The 20-30 ppl complaining about it are the only 20-30 ppl that would be playing on it. Let's face it, Pluto had its days in the spotlight long long ago, those days are over. Their gone. Its a new game and a good time to start over.
The lower the population goes on Pluto atm the more ppl jump ship and yet some how ppl think they should absolutely have a "Pluto" on NC2?! Why? If it doesn't work now it ain't gonna work then.

Spermy
This sucks..

I am going to quit when DoY comes, no god damn point of playing when we can't have everything transfered over.

Bit of a kick in the teeth when you're almost off your ban. Stay a while mate, see what happens, noe of this is final yet.

Mr_Snow
12-08-04, 19:42
Speaken, the earlier stats were the population of the countries with english as the national language.

Marx
12-08-04, 19:43
I've no doubt NC2 will be interesting, I hope they corner the US market quickly - if not... I'll be back when they do.

Mr_Snow
12-08-04, 19:43
After reading the plan file (and knowing that the entire thread isn't going to be worth reading) I think the future for Neocron is perfect from a buisness point of view.
Anyone who dislikes this planfile is probabally either a pre-teenager or really fucking stupid. Either way, they either know squat about buisness stratagy or don't care about Reakktors future as a buisness.
Go go Reakktor go!
Would anyone expect anything different from Benjie, neocrons biggest ******(begins with f)

Spermy
12-08-04, 19:44
Would anyone expect anything different from Benjie, neocrons biggest ******(begins with f)

Dude - Thats a ban. See ya matey.

Edit - and if thats what I think it means... I'm dissapointed, and sure it could be fanboi, but why censor it.

Nidhogg
12-08-04, 19:44
Let's keep this civil. Everyone is entitled to their view.

N

jernau
12-08-04, 19:46
I'm pretty certain you'll find they are bundling a whole load of pikey dialects into "Spanish" to get it up there.

Dribble Joy
12-08-04, 19:46
Say who?
You?

No offence dude, you're new, people have and will say alot worse and 'get away with it'.

Barak
12-08-04, 19:47
Anyone who dislikes this planfile is probabally either a pre-teenager or really fucking stupid. Either way, they know squat about buisness stratagy.
Go go Reakktor go!
Buisness ? oh yeah the whole fuck a good part of the community to serve zee germans

the database doesnt bother me nor does lose of chars tbh

it's just this damned german stuff
[ edited - you'll get more than your coat if you keep that up ]

I'll get my coat...

Mr_Snow

Edit - and if thats what I think it means... I'm dissapointed, and sure it could be fanboi, but why censor it.
I censored it because some people think it's insulting :rolleyes:

Benjie called everyone dissapointed at this planfile either a teenager or really fucking stupid.

joran420
I just put in my preorder ;)

jernau
12-08-04, 19:48
I just put in my preorder ;)
For the game we dare not mention? ;)

Spermy
12-08-04, 19:49
I censored it because some people think it's insulting :rolleyes:

Benjie called everyone dissapointed at this planfile either a teenager or really fucking stupid.

He did it, no he started it!

Nuff said. Back on topic. Do you still have to complete epic runs to found a clan? If so, could be a while before any clans pop up, unless our faction status is also transferred and we already have masters.

joran420
hell no id rather play NC1 than that PoS

edit: can someone quote the part that says you can only take 10 items?????

nope, that s what i thought ...it says nothing about only taking 10 items...only about the types of items that will be allowed to transfer

HatchetRyda
I got no reason to play now.. I'm sick to my stomache over this.. I'll miss everyone and hope everyone has fun.. I wont be here for long..

Benjie
12-08-04, 19:50
If one person in the community, who I have never spoken to and have absolutely zero respect for as a forum member leaves, I couldn't care less. Of course the same does not apply for my friends and respectfull forum members.

Reakktor did the right thing! They were selfish and decided to take care of there own needs rather than a medium percentage of the english speaking playerbase. This is a great change! All of those people who complained about the playerbase, who requested advertising, it's all yours! Reakktor are expanding and they are bringing Neocron with it. If liking that makes me a fanboi, then pigs fly.