PDA

View Full Version : help helpdesk?

Xylaz
12-08-04, 14:45
ok here's the problem:

Yesterday i logged in, went into a clan app and discovered all items are gone - instead i got 1 piece of junk in all cabinets (just like in a starter app). Additionally one box where we used to stash drugs is now permanently out of reach ("you cannot reach that" message)
That's all basically - nothing wrong with the clan itself, or the clan funds or anything - just the app is screwed up.

I've emailed helpdesk, detailed my problem and got an answer: "sorry, there is no database error and everything's ok..."

weee
i mean
great
awesome

that is what i call a help.

So i thought, maybe some of you IT people could advice something to help KK with my problem...

They have obviously done filecheck, so this possibility is out... :rolleyes: any other ideas?

thx for help
az

sanityislost
12-08-04, 14:57
ermmm i dunno but maybe it got raided of all the stuff?

SiL ..:..

Xylaz
12-08-04, 15:00
ermmm i dunno but maybe it got raided of all the stuff?

SiL ..:..

how? and why one of the boxes is permanently broken now?

Crest
12-08-04, 15:01
A clan leader leaves clan and deletes his char with key and all... so no clan app... Now our clan app has a lot developed around it, player apps and so on for trade skillers, and this is in PP3 so its not good for a trader to be holding hands there

My request was simple....Please restore the app, I understand the exploit side, so even if you restore the app with nothing in it .... empty app... Or please take the cash off my player and spawn an app at the same place....

This meesage was lost somewhere cause they kept quoting the 'No Compensation' clause ...

To which I replied, that I hoped NC2 was that good, cause we cant rely on helpdesk and support to help us when we need it.

None the less I am sorry to hear your problems mate ....

Drexel
12-08-04, 15:02
Hmmm, yer, but that box outta reach thingo is wierd.

But, yer, you could have been ripped of by clan mate, how close you to clan members ? If theres anyone youve never physically meet in you clan, then you were robbed. (trust no one) :(

Crest
12-08-04, 15:07

But, yer, you could have been ripped of by clan mate, how close you to clan members ? If theres anyone youve never physically meet in you clan, then you were robbed. (trust no one) :(

In our clan cabs are some ok stuff and some stuff only a noob would want for the first 2 hours of gaming

Would someone go through all the trouble of stealing everything and then replacing them junk .... I am sure someone who is bored may do something like that, but I doubt it .... Never heard of before ....

Question, when was the last time you went into the caln app ? Mebbe you been away since the last time KK screwed this up and clear all the Plaza clan cabs

Xylaz
12-08-04, 15:12

Theft is out of question unfortunately, we're a very small clan and we know each other very well (besides 4 out of 6 people in my clan are brothers) - , we moved to saturn only 3 weeks ago (from pluto) so we couldnt afford our private apps yet - we simply stashed and shared everything in the clan app (so now all we have are few items at each one's gogu...).

besides, like u said, this box thingie should be a clue to what happened...

Spermy
12-08-04, 15:12
They didn't replace the junk, junk spawns in empty containers naturally.

Crest
12-08-04, 15:15
Theft is out of question unfortunately, we're a very small clan and we know each other very well (besides 4 out of 6 people in my clan are brothers) - besides, we moved to saturn only 3 weeks ago so we couldnt afford our private apps yet - we simply stashed and shared everything in the clan app (so now all we have are few items at each one's gogu...).

besides, like u said, this box thingie should be a clue to what happened...

None the less welcome to saturn.... PM me if you need stuff.... I can dump some cash and stuff on you, tell you who is cool and so forth... I play Uranus now, so PM me here or email either Maxi Priest or Brother Payne on uranus ... I will see what i can do on Saturn for you

We had a small clan there with everything you could need .... Soz about the loss though

Also KK Did a reboot on Weds (Instead of today) for they were experiancing probs ... so mebbe they not telling us something, or other guys got cabs missing too they just have not checked

Xylaz
12-08-04, 15:16
Question, when was the last time you went into the caln app ? Mebbe you been away since the last time KK screwed this up and clear all the Plaza clan cabs

last time i went into clan app was on tuesday evening, then i logged again on wednsday evening and all items were gone and the box out of order...

phunqe
12-08-04, 15:21
I would recommend you to just accept it and try to let it go.

We lost a bunch of apps a while back and it doesn't matter what you have in them or how you lost it.
If there isn't a database error, it won't be restored.

Some people almost started crying when they heard what we had in them...

Crest
12-08-04, 15:25
I would recommend you to just accept it and try to let it go.

We lost a bunch of apps a while back and it doesn't matter what you have in them or how you lost it.
If there isn't a database error, it won't be restored.

Some people almost started crying when they heard what we had in them...
Its easier to pick yourself up when you are established ... when you are starting from scratch, money is tighter and its that much harder to pick your self up ...

When we hit uranus we did it with no help, once you estalished its quick ... like in 4 months all chars have MC5 chips, with 5 kamis in clan and 60 mill cash. But with out the tl 10 rifle our spies could not hunt / level / and then go skills ... and what a setback that could have been ....

phunqe
12-08-04, 15:26
Yes I know.

Nevertheless I feel that the recommendation is valid in any case :)

Original monk
12-08-04, 15:47
ok here's the problem

i think youve been an unfortunate victim of a weird annoying bug, and due to the many exploiters KK has encountered previously ... ya wont get youre gear back with a rollback :/

now thats what i call a rip off :/

Xylaz
12-08-04, 21:26
surprise surprise...
i've just received mail from helpdesk. They have found the missing box, missing bug and restore the cabinets.

Thank you very much KK!

[edit] i guess it can be closed now. thx again.

Neocrons_coward
12-08-04, 23:50
ok here's the problem:

Yesterday i logged in, went into a clan app and discovered all items are gone - instead i got 1 piece of junk in all cabinets (just like in a starter app). Additionally one box where we used to stash drugs is now permanently out of reach ("you cannot reach that" message)
That's all basically - nothing wrong with the clan itself, or the clan funds or anything - just the app is screwed up.

I've emailed helpdesk, detailed my problem and got an answer: "sorry, there is no database error and everything's ok..."

weee
i mean
great
awesome

that is what i call a help.

So i thought, maybe some of you IT people could advice something to help KK with my problem...

They have obviously done filecheck, so this possibility is out... :rolleyes: any other ideas?

thx for help
az

And the gms wonder why I flame the forums and also along with others moan about problems.. That excuse mate was bollocks... If your account aint working it aint working simple they gotta fix it and if i was you id not stop complaining until its done.. I dont stop complaining and i get things done because if real piss off 1 too many ppl the ship will sink and the sail will go down like a sack of shit and ill prolly piss meself laughing as an evil one does