PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Movie codecs? or just plain help?

Napalm82
11-08-04, 20:47
Ello peeps.

I need some help with my codecs for watching videos...because..well..its screwed.
When watching a DivX movie in Windows media Player it gets "blurry" sometimes like..umm..if you see a door close you can still see it open in some parts...while this does make for a pretty funky effect it kinda ruins the movies.

I however fixed this by downloading DivX player...where everything works just dandy, BUT very soon im gonna need subtitles on some of my movies because im gonna babysit 8| (I hate kids) so im gonna stick em infront of my tele and put on like 20 Disney movies or sumthing...

So la-de-da i downloaded "DivX Subtitle Displayer" and thought...hey..its DivX..cant be a problem there...so i load the subtitles and the movie..everything works fine...till the "Blur" starts again...i cant get rid of it...at least i dont know how.

I plead for my sanity...dont make me actually have to interact with the kids

- Napalm

SilentEye
11-08-04, 20:57
About the door open close thing. This is the quality the movie was compressed it. When this happens it is not you but the video that sucks :p

Napalm82
11-08-04, 21:01
Then why aint it there when i play the same file in DivX player?

Btw. is it possible to remove ALL codecs from your computer? i think it might be some kinda conflict..but then again..what do i know?

- Napalm

Napalm82
11-08-04, 21:32
Phew...finally found the problem...i had a corrupt codec somewhere.

Why is it that whenever i try i cant get it to work...i then finally ask..try just ONE more time and bingo.... :confused:

SilentEye
11-08-04, 23:19
You know, I have that same thing, all the time!

I bet when you look for something you search all around, you see this spot and think it wont ever be there. You start asking your parents where it is and such. And later you go look in all the different rooms. Then 1 hour later you decide to look at that one spot and its out there >.<

Napalm82
12-08-04, 01:06
You know, I have that same thing, all the time!

I bet when you look for something you search all around, you see this spot and think it wont ever be there. You start asking your parents where it is and such. And later you go look in all the different rooms. Then 1 hour later you decide to look at that one spot and its out there >.<

So my car keys are in the bathroom?

SilentEye
12-08-04, 01:07
You bet! Go look.

Napalm82
12-08-04, 01:10
Scary...found my car keys...and Jimmy Hoffa in my bathtub...