PDA

View Full Version : Mobile mini transporter?

ichinin
11-08-04, 19:55
For those of you who have played Unreal Tournament/UT 2000+ you know of the Teleporter. Why not add such an item; limited range to 10-15 meters, useable every 60 seconds (recharge period).. could be used for any class as a simple getaway tool (mostly tradeskillers)..Besides, Telefragging is THE best close combat tactic in UT :D

We do have teleport (Genrep) technology in the game so why not?

Thundra
11-08-04, 19:57
because unfortunatly people will whore it.

u cant make spys only have it as then they got 2 bitch tools to use.

possible if u limited it greatly adn let it be PE only or summin but still nice idea bu i couldnt see it working im afraid

athon
11-08-04, 21:08
Sounds a lot like Stealth if you ask me - but worse (from a chaser's point of view) - no cloud, no way to follow the target.

Athon Solo

ichinin
11-08-04, 21:16
Sounds a lot like Stealth if you ask me - but worse (from a chaser's point of view) - no cloud, no way to follow the target.

Athon Solo

Well, it's an escape tool.. and i said meters.. not kilometers. Just turn around and watch the tradeskiller run for the gogu.

Mobius
11-08-04, 21:51
AHA! U got it man! U fuckin got it! THAT'S the PE-only tool they should make! w00t! *dissy*

Thundra
11-08-04, 22:15
how bout instead of that a tool that u can use every 10 seconds that throws u forward 15 meters. means fast travaling accross zones and could use to escape but would have to be pe only. like a massive speed boost for a split second. throw ya self out of combat and leg it. also its sodding hard to keep ya distance as a rifle pe so u could use it for those purposes to.

like i said b4 people will prob whore it but it would be fun

greendonkeyuk
11-08-04, 23:02
would be nice but i cant see it happening tbh.

seraphian
11-08-04, 23:33
on an RP note: Generep technology is big, bulky and relies on the destination unit storing your genetic information ahead of time (activating the generep to store your data)

A portable unit would have to have another principle entirely, not to mention the fact that genereps require rather large satcom broadcast units that make them non-man portable (vehicles, however can have GR units, they're been mentioned in the storyline in use by the NC military.)

On a non-RP note, it would be INCREDIBLY abusable. It would open up a whole new world of exploits, (IE want to get around the wall at Regents, start running at it and teleport, BAM you're in, same with the MC-5 back area...) They'd have to re-make every map to remove hollow objects and double-wall all temp-wall areas and re-route the sync points, too much of a mess to be practical.

Then there's the issue of people whoring it in combination with stealth to be unstoppable l33t |\|3wb PK3r d00ds.

tiikeri
12-08-04, 01:22
There is already a feature like that in game - it's called LAG

Mobius
12-08-04, 16:53
on an RP note: Generep technology is big, bulky and relies on the destination unit storing your genetic information ahead of time (activating the generep to store your data)

A portable unit would have to have another principle entirely, not to mention the fact that genereps require rather large satcom broadcast units that make them non-man portable (vehicles, however can have GR units, they're been mentioned in the storyline in use by the NC military.)

On a non-RP note, it would be INCREDIBLY abusable. It would open up a whole new world of exploits, (IE want to get around the wall at Regents, start running at it and teleport, BAM you're in, same with the MC-5 back area...) They'd have to re-make every map to remove hollow objects and double-wall all temp-wall areas and re-route the sync points, too much of a mess to be practical.

Then there's the issue of people whoring it in combination with stealth to be unstoppable l33t |\|3wb PK3r d00ds.

they wouldnt need to doublewall everything n remove hollow stuff and such.. well unless they code it like moorons.. like just moving the char X units forward. Just shoot a vector into space X units forward and see if it intersects something, if it does.. then poof.. char stops there.. blahblah..