PDA

View Full Version : Reoccurance of my old problem....

Opar
11-08-04, 16:43
Why the hell do I play this game? :p. Or more to the point, why the hell do I try to play this game?

Some of you may remember, that a couple of weeks ago, my Neocron files were disappearing (particularly 'caves_p1.bsp' and other model/world files), and I couldn't find a reason why. I format' D: (just right click and format), and it worked for a couple of weeks. But then on Sunday night, the same files started to screw themselves again. So I thought 'screw it. Full reformat'. So, a full reformat later, 1 hour into playing, same files, same problem.

This is seriously fucked, so no one got any more suggestions? Oh, and if it help, here the 'files to fix' file in the patch folder (not i've started new paragraphs to show the different files, just so the page scoll-bar dont fuck up):

models\mesh_mutant5.act
worlds\dungeons\caves_p1.bsp
worlds\subway.bsp
worlds\techtown\techmine3.bsp
worlds\doy\tunnels\tunnel22.bsp

ezza
11-08-04, 17:41
Why the hell do I play this game? . Or more to the point, why the hell do I try to play this game?

no idea tbh, wonder that myself sometimes

shodanjr_gr
11-08-04, 17:47
Scandisk the whole drive...something tells me that ur about to experience a hard drive failure.

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 18:00
Stop trying to haxx

then remove spyware and then viruscheck

And stop haxxing again

Spermy
11-08-04, 18:13
I had that problem if NC was the last proggy I ran before shutting down.

Opar
11-08-04, 18:16
I just did that 'Error-checking' (right click on D:) cos I cant remember how to run scandisk o_O Told is to fix any errors, thing finish after a while, didn't SAY it'd fix anything. So maybe if it did, bleh. Gonna reinstall NC and see how it goes.

No, screw it, im just gonna right click, reformatt D:, defrag, fucking error-check again, do whatever is GOD DAMN TAKES!!!!!!! AAARTHEHGRTG OFMG OFMG KOS

EDIT: OH WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?????? THIS SUCKS.... I JUST TRIED TO REINSTALL THE BEETCH AND the bitch says 'An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally called caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file'

Jesus. Christ. Someone. Shoot me.

Oh wait, last time I got one of these crappy I/O error things, I (think) I got my Dad (^_^) to slow down my CD reader speed (or whatever) and it worked o_O

*sigh*

God. Damn.