PDA

View Full Version : Are you playing less NC due to the possibility of a wipe?

evs
11-08-04, 11:25
Hi,

Just wondering how many people have actually stopped playing or have drastically reduced playing as they view it 'well no point playing when they are probably going to wipe what ive collected'

Im in the severely reduced bracket.

I've not bothered rare hunting as I personally think im going to lose whatever i've collected.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Spermy
11-08-04, 11:37
Well I don't know really, the upgrade option for NC" on the main page says to me, that characters are probably going to be kept, as well as some inventory.

I'm sure we'll be able to keep some stuff at least, but maybe NC2 requires a set condition for players to be in at the launch so as not to throw it out of balance or something.

Meh, I dunno, I'm playing it at the mo, to at least have a decent character or two for NC2.

WebShock
11-08-04, 11:40
i dont want any wipe whatsoever. We are already paying for a expansion pack marketed as a whole new game. why should i have to give up my stuff too?

this has nothing to do with balance. its lazy people who see they need certain things to compete and rather than going out and working hard (like i did) to get all they need, they rather screw everyone else out of their stuff.

ROZZER187
11-08-04, 11:45
im carrying on playing as if i dont know, i figured i might aswell and if kk do a wipe then it was a waste of time and i'll leave.......maybe :lol:

nobody really knows if or how the wipe will be, thats if there is a wipe.
if there is a wipe i dont know if i will stick around for doy, like i already said it depends on what it is they wipe

Spermy
11-08-04, 11:46
Eh? :wtf:

I haven't been able to screw people out of crap, seeing as I'm not even base 90 strength, I have nothing my tank can use.

But I doubt that's many peoples reasons for wanting a wipe, I'm neutral. A wipe? Good, at least we're on the same level. Maybe tech parts are incomatible with some of the new weapons and have been overhauled, proice we'll have to pay for new cooler weapons.

No wipe? Good too, I won't lose any of the stuff I've managed to hoard from better times, ready for my tank to use.

Like I said, i really don't care, so long as NC2 is a worthwhile experience. If I don't like it, rather than bitch, I'll just play till the end of my period, and then cancel the account. I don't really see the point of paying for something i'm not gonna use, even if NC2 turns out to be crap, I'll still play it till the end of my payment period, even if it's not as much, Hey, maybe I'll get to enjoy it.

Ascension
11-08-04, 12:09
TBH i dont give a shit, im gonna start a new char from scratch on the new server..

ezza
11-08-04, 12:09
ive pretty much reduced my neo time tbh.

logged on for 10mins last night

about 20mins night before.

gonna level my tank from 157 to 172 str xp this weekend, once done that i proberbly wont be on till KK say wipe or no wipe

[TgR]KILLER
11-08-04, 12:11
well.. i for me its a double question :p i stopped playing on pluto pretty much just log in to check mail etc. cause the server is pretty dead.. but i still play nc alot.. hell its holiday what am i supposed to do .. go lay in the sun ? :lol: ;)

Ascension
11-08-04, 12:13
KILLER']hell its holiday what am i supposed to do .. go lay in the sun ? :lol: ;)

Laying in the sun is bad.. cos of the UV ray shit.. causing skin cancer..

The moral of this story, STAY IN DOOOORS!! :p

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 12:14
I'm on a low too
But that's mostly cuz I got so damn many games and betas and stuff that I might as well just take a break while waiting for gold

Scikar
11-08-04, 12:15
I'm playing less, but not because of a wipe possibility. I think it's all hyped up anyway. If KK do put an item wipe in, I can only see it being 1) because the community asks for it, which we only do partly so therefore I'd expect one clean server started instead, or 2) because it's necessary for the item tracker system to function, in which case I think the wipe is justified.

Ascension
11-08-04, 12:17
anyone else think that 'IF' there was a whipe then, it may help having a fresh clean database.. instead of being clogged up with stuff?

I mean the Item Database before anyone says.

Marx
11-08-04, 12:45
Not as active, but that's only because populations suck during my usual playtime.

LiL T
11-08-04, 12:52
Me I have been playing less just waiting for sept the 1st but I think I'm just gonna lvl all them other chars I have that never got some loving. As for hunting for parts for them to get uber 5 slotters nah not gonna bother I'll just use 0 slot stuff to lvl and worry about it later once NC2 arrives. If there is a wipe though I might just say screw it and start again probbly with a H-C tank :)

Otto
11-08-04, 12:56
I dont care if there is a wipe. I hope and think that there will be so many new cool stuff in NC2 that most of the current items will be more or less useless anyway.

MjukisDjur
11-08-04, 13:29
for the love of god - make it stop!

solling
11-08-04, 13:47
i kinda stopped playing but tis not cuz item whipe

El_MUERkO
11-08-04, 14:03
I stopped playing months ago but not really because of the item wipe, more because the game as it is... is pants.

shend
11-08-04, 14:34
i've found myself playing neocron even more nowadays.
i got myself an alt on pluto and i'm enjoying it up to orgasmatic proportions.
starting all over again made me realise just how well thought out this game
really is (and i'm not a fanboy). in spite of all its bugs it has more
potential than any other game i played so far. AMEN

Dirk_Gently
11-08-04, 15:14
I've stopped doing everything except logging my tradeskillers as favours.

What's the point??

numb
11-08-04, 15:16
Havent really had much time to play lately anyway. I used to log on to do the odd bit of hunting and collect tech parts, as that doesnt require too much time investment (or - it's easy to quit without being dragged into anything that'll take all night).

I dont log in at all now, because the last time I tried the tech drop was broken - I'd rather be collecting parts while I levelled than just level. Dont know if that's been fixed yet.

If there was going to be an item wipe for sure, then there is no way I'd play until DoY.

..i..DemonX
11-08-04, 15:22
I dont play less i dont play more. I just dont make a lott new stuff (i.e. Hunting) but i did not realy was the mage hunter anyway :)
And i dont mind a whipe, sure i loose some realy rare 5 slot Rares, MC5 etc etc but well i dont care.
I know ppl will loose GM Spawnd stuff, duped stuff, stuff they should not have (i.e. BP's of Spirit Mod) and we start all new with a fine item tracking system (i hope it will work fine). So i realy dont mind anymore!

mishkin
11-08-04, 15:31
for the love of god - make it stop!

Agreed!

If it wasn't against the forum rules, I would say something rather.... harsh, about some people and their ignorance/selfishness, but since it is, I won't...

ezza
11-08-04, 15:41
Agreed!

If it wasn't against the forum rules, I would say something rather.... harsh, about some people and their ignorance/selfishness, but since it is, I won't...
you can say what you like as long as it dont break the rule.

sanityislost
11-08-04, 15:47
Well im not really hunting for stuff, mostly just leveling my chars and buying only what i need.

SiL ..:..

mishkin
11-08-04, 15:54
you can say what you like as long as it dont break the rule.

Yes, but if I said what I was going to say, I'd have broken the rules, and then I shouldn't have said it, so I won't :p

ezza
11-08-04, 15:55
Yes, but if I said what I was going to say, I'd have broken the rules, and then I shouldn't have said it, so I won't :p
tone it down abit then.

meh what do i careanyway as sincei dont want wipe im sure your flame would of been directed at myself amongst others

-Demon-
11-08-04, 16:09
Agreed!

Maybe people are just a little po'd that instead of being upfront with us KK would rather stay silent as thread after thread appears about the item wipes.
How many threads do KK need to see? I don't expect an answer for that either.

Selfishness? No I think myself and others don't have the time to build up the items we have now because this is a 'new' game (pah yeah right it was an expansion about a month or 2 ago) I have a young family and less and less time but I still pay for 3 accounts and enjoy the game as I have setup myself over the 2 years with everything I need.
Say something harsh go ahead pm it to me...I'm sorry for having a view of my own and conflicts with yours!

Judge
11-08-04, 16:09
Stopped playing entirely until NC2 comes out. At least then I won't be too disheartened if there is a partial item wipe or something....

mishkin
11-08-04, 16:17
Maybe people are just a little po'd that instead of being upfront with us KK would rather stay silent as thread after thread appears about the item wipes.
How many threads do KK need to see? I don't expect an answer for that either.

Selfishness? No I think myself and others don't have the time to build up the items we have now because this is a 'new' game (pah yeah right it was an expansion about a month or 2 ago) I have a young family and less and less time but I still pay for 3 accounts and enjoy the game as I have setup myself over the 2 years with everything I need.
Say something harsh go ahead pm it to me...I'm sorry for having a view of my own and conflicts with yours!

Selfishness as in, "I'm playing the game to have fun, and I care nothing about what other people want from it." :rolleyes:

(I know anger management... :p )

Jest
11-08-04, 16:40
Yah my playing time cut dramatically when I figured one was around the corner. Im actually leveling up on Saturn and Uranus so at least its worth it to play and gain the experience. :p

Dirk_Gently
11-08-04, 16:52
Selfishness as in, "I'm playing the game to have fun, and I care nothing about what other people want from it." :rolleyes:

(I know anger management... :p )

Given that the myth that an item wipe would help the economy is based on Mickey Mouse economics (those in favour are clearly "ignorant" as you put it), that an item wipe would not level the playing field for new players (It would quite possibly make things worse for them, as experienced players would be using their limited playing time to regain their equipment rather than answering questions etc), and that all of the polls have given a clear majority to those who don't want an item wipe surely it is those who do want an item wipe who are being selfish??

Endar
11-08-04, 18:04
Im still playing NC. Well not as much I used since I got my Doom 3 but anyway...

BTW do you guys know the feeling when you would like to hurt someone really, really badly? Right 2 mins ago I had that feeling. I was playing Doom 3, and MSN said that I have 1 new mail, well I shut down the Doom 3 and still was too lazy to read the mail. Well I came here on the forums and saw "Third Beta emails" thread. I was like

"OH MY GOD CAN THIS REALLY BE?? IS THAT A BETA EMAIL?????"

Well I logged in to my Hotmail and guess what. It was one of those fecking "BUY AMAZING PENIS PUMP!!!" emails...

If I would find out the owner of that fecking advertising company right now I dont know what I would do to him...

nugz420
11-08-04, 18:05
I voted stopped playing completely.Most of the reasons I stopped have to due with the current game state and the knowing that it wont be fixed. i.e...saturn mission bug, punch the guard exploit ,server performance etc.

But while I was playing after news of possible item wipes all I was doing was PvP since i wasnt sure if the hunting would be a waste.

GIJ0e
11-08-04, 22:46
playing less but mainly due to doom 3 atm. started playing on venus and enjoying it, cept i have this mate i play with and hes a bit of a dick :D