PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an event

40$Poser
11-08-04, 07:31
I've had this idea for quite some time, thought I'd get some feedback to where or not it's stupid or cool.

Basically Rhino Warfare.

Requirements: Rhino Tank, Driver, Gunner
Who can join: Anyone as long as they have the required items, possible entry fee (for cash prize or to organizers of event)

Basically, an all out fight using rhino tanks, last rhino tank remaining would win grand prize, 2nd place a lower price, 3rd place another small prize (of course)

Just something out of the ordinary, thought I'd see if anyone else thought it might be cool to maybe even have happen.

seraphian
11-08-04, 07:37
I thought of doing something like this in the canyon sectors (canyon Chaos part one) but the trial run (with some friends) revealed a few big problems.

1: griefers sitting in concealed positions spamming anti-vehicle rockets

2:People not wanting to lose rhino's they had to pay for, therefore you'd have to hand them out == expensive, but doable

3: keeping people in the boundries of the course could be hard.

4: getting the vehicles to a good fight spot, might need GM help for that one.

If you could get a GMs help to make the vehicles and get them to where you needed them, and protect you from griefers, it could be a LOT of fun. I still think in NC-2 an all-glider dogfight night would be a hoot.

good luck if you try it, I'd turn out I know, which is rare, because I harly ever log these days.

40$Poser
11-08-04, 07:40
I thought of doing something like this in the canyon sectors (canyon Chaos part one) but the trial run (with some friends) revealed a few big problems.

1: griefers sitting in concealed positions spamming anti-vehicle rockets

2:People not wanting to lose rhino's they had to pay for, therefore you'd have to hand them out == expensive, but doable

3: keeping people in the boundries of the course could be hard.

4: getting the vehicles to a good fight spot, might need GM help for that one.

If you could get a GMs help to make the vehicles and get them to where you needed them, and protect you from griefers, it could be a LOT of fun. I still think in NC-2 an all-glider dogfight night would be a hoot.

good luck if you try it, I'd turn out I know, which is rare, because I harly ever log these days.

ya the thought does come to mind about antivehicle rockets being spammed, but maybe as a fixer to that (if a GM were to support the event is make a few rows of benches fenced in for the watchers. Spawn a few copbots around the fence area and so if anyone draws a weapon they'd be stopped immediately? Dunno if that would work, but that's one idea.