PDA

View Full Version : [ CBT ] Beta Diary #1

Pages : [1] 2

Benjie
10-08-04, 19:28
Thanatos has given me the go-ahead to release my Beta Diary. I appologise for the lack of screenshots. Originally I had intended to post character screenshots with the Diary, however the character models are being sexed up as we speak, and so the screenshots are now somewhat misleading.

The first thing I noticed as I entered The Dome of York was the sound. All the .wav and .mp3 files had been updated to wonderful 5.1 audio .OGG files, and the locational sounds were lovely. I was especially pleased when I heard the roar of an aggressive psi fire spell coming from the casters hand, it felt so majestic! But wait, am I getting ahead of myself? Before I entered the Dome, I needed to create a character, and wouldn't I be a fool to leave this detail out of my diary.

Before anything, I was presented with a list of professions from Scientist to Rigger to Street Samurai. I selected Soldier, [Heavy Combat] and was then asked to select from one of two classes available for this profession: The Private Eye, or Gen Tank. Custom characters were allowed at the skill distribution screen, however it was stated that this was only recommended for advanced players. The next thing I was presented with was model creation, which allowed much more freedom in diversity than the original system. I was allowed to select from a selection of haircuts, facial hair, skin textures, cloth skins and colour, and different character models. [I would like to point out at this stage that each skin texture was much more than a colour switch. Each texture had individual features such as thicker lips, eye shape and colour, amongst other details.] I was later told that many more skins, hair, models and clothes would be added as the beta progressed. It seems players are now allowed the freedom to truly create there desired image with much less limitation. I decided to create a Female GenTank with lovely orange hair and padded clothing to match. After choosing Black Dragon as my faction, anti-city naturally, I prepared myself to enter The Dome of York.

The starter apartments looked nice in the screenshots, but never had I expected to see this level of detail in Neocron. The new furniture had nice curves, and high amounts of polygon detail had been used to create an authentic apocalyptic environment. Everything was as 3D as I would expect from any modern single player game, textures being used well to create plaster effects. As I stepped outside I was confronted with dim flickering lights, cables hanging from the walls, sparks of electricity firing down from loose cables, and fire blasting out from open pipes. I then spent the next five hours trying not to get lost, a mission which I failed miserably. Dome of York is full of mutant infested back alleys to get lost in. As much as I hated Lioon Reza, at least he had good city planners. This place was a dump! [Albeit a well designed one ;P] Eventually I stumbled onto the front steps of the Crahn Abbey. As I walked in I almost converted from my loyal faction to Crahn. The Dome of York had built a full sized Cathedral, light elegantly falling through the cracks in the ceiling, the sacred monk chants whispering in the distance.

After spending some time speaking with the monks, I learned about some of the changes to factions and became quite exited. I ran out from the Cathedral and stumbled along the hallways back to my home district to interact with these features personally. Higher level weapons including several brand new weapons are now sold by the relevant faction. The faction headquarters have different departments which are fully functional and play a big part of the game. Only members of the faction will be able to purchase these weapons to encourage player trading and smuggling. [I tried talking to the weapons vendor but did not have enough faction sympathy. Needless to say I will be raising that over the next few days ;P] I am still uncertain to how this works exactly. I will post more about it as I become experienced with it in my following beta diaries. I decided to leave my HQ and explore some more.

After spending some time in Boobs'n'Guns checking out the motion capture on the new stripper models, I eventually found the city exit. I was confronted with a beautiful orange sky, ambient winds and a more realistic fog. After wandering the wastelands, I found a sleazy Bar in the wastelands, very Dusk till Dawn. ;) I spoke to the barman who I managed to talk into giving me a quest to find a diary somewhere in some place called a Juggernaught Facility, to which he would reward me 150 grand. [There where several lines of dialogue to choose from, making it quite difficult to find the quest. I was quite pleased with myself when I found it. Apparently there are a ton of new NPC's like this guy.]

I ended up completing the quest, but I feel like this is a good time to finish my diary. I don't want to give too much of my experience away to you and spoil all of the fun! Next week I will do my best to write another beta diary. Until then, peace out.

Jest
10-08-04, 19:31
OMG a bar in the wastelands? Friggin sweet. Woot.

Tell them to put an mp3 of one of the new songs up so we can listen to it.

james_finn
10-08-04, 19:34
<3 Benjie!

Cheers dude, that sounds sweet!

Delphi

greendonkeyuk
10-08-04, 19:36
damnit man i know patience is a virtue and all that but please give us some more details. im itching to hear about it all now. gah, roll on september. doy sounds great so far.

Are there any other beta diaries being released from the other lucky souls who are testing it? Can you give any info on the new items?

garyu69
10-08-04, 19:37
nice!

-REMUS-
10-08-04, 19:38
Sounds a bit fan boi'ish but, it is a nice insight.

No bad points????

landofcake
10-08-04, 19:39
sweet ... keep it up Benjie

40$Poser
10-08-04, 19:39
wow, that sounds amazing thus far. Especially the bar in the wastelands that hands out a mission/quest

FireWarrior
10-08-04, 19:42
*reads*

*reads again*

*faints*

*wakes up*

*reads again*

*has a heartattack 15 times in a row*

*wakes up*

*posts*

DAMN! ME WANT!

Benjie
10-08-04, 19:46
Are there any other beta diaries being released from the other lucky souls who are testing it? Can you give any info on the new items?

Sounds a bit fan boi'ish but, it is a nice insight.
Like I said, origionally I had a series of screenshots to back up my points including a close up of one of the walls in the appartment that shows off how detailed it is. Unfortunetly I wasn't allowed to post them. I can't tell you anything else yet, but I'll get started on my Beta Diary #2 straight away. I'll do my best in my 2nd Diary to answer any questions posted in this thread. No lists or demands though, hmmkay? :p

nugz420
10-08-04, 19:47
thnx for the read benjie sounds like things could be looking good.LOL but either way this thread killed 2 more CD's off my to convert list. :D

Pith
10-08-04, 19:48
i demand im in the next diary.

cRazy2003
10-08-04, 19:50
i demand im in the next diary.

i also demand im in the next diary.

BlackwooD
10-08-04, 19:58
More ...
I'm reading your diary as if it were scripture. Spoil me plz !
I want some more ...

Garg [RogueNET]
10-08-04, 20:00
sex benjie <3 <# <3 <#

Freaky Fryd
10-08-04, 20:05
Well, I guess this answers some questions on how different NC2 will be!!
:D

Good to hear about the changes you mentioned, and it looks like there's some nice progression with the way things are carried out in the game!

Good work Benjie and thanks to Thanatos for giving permission for the post!
Another couple testimonials/diaries like this, and even the "NC2 doubters" will be in a frenzy waiting to try it themselves!

Walsh
10-08-04, 20:20
How many FREs?

Marx
10-08-04, 20:20
Great.

Too bad it doesn't cover customer service and publisher plans, if it did I'd be all set.

Drake6k
10-08-04, 20:35
Wow! Great diary Benjie.

Neocron 2 is sounding better all the time. I hope this brings the community up some :)

Darkener
10-08-04, 20:42
sweet very nice sounds so cool tell us more gwan , all the cool people though btw can you enlighten us on what is to become of my pet favourite the hc tank

Jest
10-08-04, 20:48
Benjie on a scale of 1-10, how hot are the new strippers? SEX!!!!!

Benjie
10-08-04, 20:58
Benjie on a scale of 1-10, how hot are the new strippers? SEX!!!!!
I'm sorry, but the nda prevents me from giving you one to tens. :p

How many FREs?
You know, I *really* wish I could answer this question, but unfortunetly I can't. :(

ichinin
10-08-04, 21:08
Benji, would you mind digging into the Tradeskillers side, i.e. blueprinting/ressing/csting/poking etc... has it changed? What about players shops? Try it out and have a chat with Thanatos... (it's the stuff i'd test in beta over and over to get it working/check for bugs/exploits.)

And would you please try the game with lowest graphics settings on.. Some of us have low grade cards and are piss poor for the moment.. stuck with my damn GF2-MX for a few more months. (or rather system card so i can use the GF4-TI; Bah.. why the hell did i buy that damn XBox? i could have gotten a 9800 and upgraded it.. Oh yeah.. Remember - Fable..)

Thanatos
10-08-04, 21:12
I'm gonna post a few quotes from the beta forums here regarding FREs.
Now you may doubt those are real, but whatever, Benjie and the other testers know they are.

"Played the whole night tonight, and didn't have one single FRE. *knocks on wood*
The code seems pretty stable and I haven't run into many bugs since I am playing beta, most of those I found were already on the forum here."

"yup, nice work on the fatals (not a single one since one week now) and the FPS (since 107 really nice)."

"I've had a maximum of 2-3 FREs since I started playing last week"

"Aye, very nice work KK have been doing. Think I’ve had around 4 FREs or summin in the entire week, i usually have that many per day in NC1, maybe even more heh."

"I timed this:

20 hours
0 FREs

If NC2 has that when it hits retail, you're good for the stability side of things "

"Yeap, the stability of NC2 is excellent!"

"Ive yet to crash once, and I tell you this fo-nothin!"

nugz420
10-08-04, 21:13
sex at the quotes about fre's

Benjie
10-08-04, 21:15
(it's the stuff i'd test in beta over and over to get it working/check for bugs/exploits.)
Everything is being tested extensivly. I can tell you all that you have a reliable bunch of beta testers who are doing there upmost to provide you with a good finished product, and that Reakktor are working there asses off to give you the best final version Neocron II possible. ;)

WarBrain
10-08-04, 21:16
the most desireble new feature : "NO FRE'S" ;)
well done KK! :cool:

40$Poser
10-08-04, 21:18
err, so less FREs, non as much as the current NC?

Well I only get a FRE once and a while, so I guess if all reasoning is good, I shouldn't ever see the famed words Fatal Runtime Error in NC2

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 21:21
Very nice Benjie. You have talent when it comes to writing. That little excerpt makes me very excited, I liked it alot.

I can't wait to see the new char models and customization.

Thanatos can you answer one question for me please? Will wearing PA automatically cover up our appearance like in NC, or do we have the option of appearing as if we're not wearing it? I'd hate not to be able to see my sexy new model because of PA. :p

40$Poser
10-08-04, 21:24
Benjie, how's the FPS running NC2 on your computer? (if you can answer)

Vid Gamer
10-08-04, 21:24
It pisses me off that someone like Benjie is in beta and I am not. :rolleyes:

SnowCrash
10-08-04, 21:26

O_o ...

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 21:26

What does that mean? o_O

Anyways he won the contest, that's how he got in.

Vid Gamer
10-08-04, 21:27
Anyways he won the contest, that's how he got in.

Nevermind, then. lol

I thought KK selected him.

Pith
10-08-04, 21:32
Nevermind, then. lol

I thought KK selected him.
weird as....

Mumblyfish
10-08-04, 21:34
Oh, more please! This is really getting me all excited now. Tell me about how customisable apartments are, all the different things you can do with them! How unique can you make your characters? Ran into an evil clone of yourself yet?

More more more!

Jest
10-08-04, 21:34
It pisses me off that someone like Benjie is in beta and I am not. :rolleyes:Benjie is probably one of the best beta testers they have. After all, how many of the other testers released a beta journal and how many would be of such good quality? If anything I think Benjie should have gotten in whether he won the contest or not. ;)

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 21:35
Benjie is probably one of the best beta testers they have. After all, how many of the other testers released a beta journal and how many would be of such good quality? If anything I think Benjie should have gotten in whether he won the contest or not. ;)

Pffttt, you just want more infos from him. :p

Benjie
10-08-04, 21:36
It pisses you off that your not in beta, fair enough. I do not like that you are insulting me as a beta tester however, especially considering I am dedicating so much of my time towards it.

Jest
10-08-04, 21:36
Pffttt, you just want more infos from him. :pI just want to know how hot the strippers are. :p

Pith
10-08-04, 21:38
I just want to know how hot the strippers are. :p
they turned me on. BIG TIME

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 21:39
Mumbly PMed me and wanted me to ask if their are male strippers. :p

Anybody know?

Mumblyfish
10-08-04, 21:40
Mumbly PMed me and wanted me to ask if their are male strippers. :p

Oh no! My sekrats out!!

Dr. Laura Snyder
10-08-04, 21:40
Mumbly PMed me and wanted me to ask if their are male strippers. :pWe're not allowed to tell. Not that I've looked for them, of course. *coughs nervously*

joran420
10-08-04, 21:41
Fuckin Awsome :)

sanityislost
10-08-04, 21:41
wooooooooooooooooooooot!! thanx benjie dude, thoooooo i demand
more....more dammit :P n_n

SiL ..:..

nobby
10-08-04, 21:53
nice diary welldone!
if i could, i'd give you lots of rep! :p
:lol:

Doc Holliday
10-08-04, 22:03
he cant post bad parts guys or it wouldnt be a sticky. ;)

nice work seriously now. it does sound good. if i ever get my pos machine working with the game i will be intrigued to see what kinds of pussy i can get in the wasteland bar he mentions.

Tratos
10-08-04, 22:45
Sounds very cool :) i cant wait!

Conduit
10-08-04, 23:09
Thanks for the awesome beta diary, Benjie. Very well written. :)
invisi-rep +1

@ Thanny
That's some nice quotes there.

Ashanti
10-08-04, 23:16
truly well written Benjie. tks alot chummer. i translated it for the german forum so we can share the fun. hope i could do justice to your excellent style.

MrChumble
10-08-04, 23:41
Thanks Benjie for the diary, and thanks KK for letting him post it :)

Everything you described sounds so cool. If FREs really are nixed then that change alone will double my enjoyment...but all the new stuff sounds great as well. Damn I'm all excited now :D

In your next diary, if KK let you, could you give some idea of the storyline progression from NC to NC2, I want to do some fanfic to bridge the gap. It'll make a change from my usual style of writing, and I need a new challenge :)

Agent L
10-08-04, 23:57
pretty cool.
I'd say "sex Benjie" but ...uhm it'd sound just wrong... : P

Benjie
11-08-04, 00:04
pretty cool.
I'd say "sex Benjie" but ...uhm it'd sound just wrong... : P
I'll sex you if you like. ;)

*sex @ Agent L* :p

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 00:15
<3 @Benjie, cheers and thanks
Please please please whine a li'l at Snowy and the guys to get to release atleast one or two screens per week, you know, teasers

@SnowCrash, that's the best comment today :D

Judge
11-08-04, 00:34
Nice one benj.... sounds pretty good dude. :D

Looking forward to NC2.

dark_reaper
11-08-04, 00:34
It wold be nice if they let all of the origional beta players in like me. Played sence August 2002. But the stuff in DoY sounds soo much better what we have in NC now. Bars out in waistelands, now i can get waisted out in the waistelands, lol. I hopw they bring back some of the origional monsters like that one harry spider creature.

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 00:52
I just hope alcohol will do something sweet now so u got a reason to get wasted in the wastes

Benjie can I sex you?

Benjie
11-08-04, 01:34
Benjie can I sex you?
Yes. Yes you can.

Mumblyfish
11-08-04, 01:43
Yes. Yes you can.
Mind if I join in?

Eddie
11-08-04, 01:44
Wow wow wow!

Oh my god. This is so exciting!!!!

I'm so gutted I wasn't selected. *sniff*

Anyway - seems that there is a FRICKIN' lot to look forward to come Sept 1st.. and I for one can't wait!!!

Eddie

Dribble Joy
11-08-04, 01:44
hmmmmmmmmm

Jock Rockwell
11-08-04, 02:43
Sounds a bit fan boi'ish

Bingo!

But then again, what other type of player did you expect to see get in Beta
:rolleyes:

giga191
11-08-04, 02:43
Is DoY stil schedueled for sept 1st??

Mumblyfish
11-08-04, 02:46
Bingo!

But then again, what other type of player did you expect to see get in Beta
:rolleyes:
Of course, hasn't it occured to you arseflags that the game may just be THAT GOOD? Laser Fucking Jesus Christ, shouldn't you be GLAD that someone playing Beta has come back with a report as glowing as this? Would you rather they came back with news that it was total toss? Be glad that KK have obviously got a good game there.

And stop being so pathetic for once. OH NO I DIDN'T GET IN BETA EVERYONE WHO DID MUST TOTALLY FELLATE REAKKTOR OH NO WHAT COCKS.

Grow up.

Jock Rockwell
11-08-04, 03:02
Of course, hasn't it occured to you arseflags that the game may just be THAT GOOD? Laser Fucking Jesus Christ, shouldn't you be GLAD that someone playing Beta has come back with a report as glowing as this? Would you rather they came back with news that it was total toss? Be glad that KK have obviously got a good game there.

And stop being so pathetic for once. OH NO I DIDN'T GET IN BETA EVERYONE WHO DID MUST TOTALLY FELLATE REAKKTOR OH NO WHAT COCKS.

Grow up.

First I didn't apply, second I don't play anymore and third no game in history has come out in Beta with no probs or issues that I have ever played or that any1 I know has ever played. Even now theres no game in the world that doesnt have some kind of bug or issue even the best run online games in the world have problems, yet you think that the Beta for NC2 will go against all that history. I don't mind him mentioning the plus' but for a review of anything you weigh up the good and the bad. This was EXTREMELY bias and as such feel my comments were justified.

Plz don't tell me to grow up, it's the most pathetic response any1 could give. Especially as the post was by no means childish or had any jealousy or other emotions attached to it.

If you consider that post not to be fanboi'ish or as a balanced well put description, then I would seriously lack your judgement.

Drexel
11-08-04, 04:25
Fantastic, will be hanging for further news. (5 stars of course)

Really appreciate the effort there Benjie, may God bless your sox.

@ Snowcrash & Friends - Will the new character modeling (apperance change) be available to Neocron 'classic' characters switching accross, or will it only be aviable at new character creation ? Coz dammit, i want cigerettes & scars ;)

Cerbious
11-08-04, 04:48
benjie ur a star and thxs for not forgetting about us :)

Mr_Snow
11-08-04, 05:53
Well in reality NC2 isnt a brand new product its just upgraded from NC itself so alot of bugs were known before beta even started so it would of made life alot easier and I doubt that there are no bugs as no MMO in history hasnt had any bugs.While Benjie may be seeing it with slightly rose tinted glasses I dont believe he would out and out lie about it.

As for KK picking only fanbois, I doubt they are stupid enough to pick only people who tell them everything they did was perfect as that would ruin the game before it was released as nothing would be accurately tested.

manderf
11-08-04, 06:23
hmmm well seeing as the goodbye nc1 party is like the 10th of september, i reckon the doy servers will go up a couple days after that.

naimex
11-08-04, 07:01
it´s very nicely written Benjie :)

Wouldn´t have minded seeing that sight of the flickering lights and sparkling wires.

Be sure to find all the things that are wrong, so they can fix it before you are going to enjoy playing it, all of you.

Anyways..

***** +REP for the diary Benjie, keep it up :)

NaKoth
11-08-04, 08:48
Nice job on writing it.
Thanks KK for letting someone to publish this.
Looking forward for next one.

Mantiz
11-08-04, 08:55
Very sexable diary :)
Keep it up!

ino
11-08-04, 08:57
Mantiz joo joo..

And yeah nice thing :) I so want the damn game.. mmmm

Benjie
11-08-04, 08:59
First I didn't apply, second I don't play anymore and third no game in history has come out in Beta with no probs or issues that I have ever played or that any1 I know has ever played. Even now theres no game in the world that doesnt have some kind of bug or issue even the best run online games in the world have problems, yet you think that the Beta for NC2 will go against all that history. I don't mind him mentioning the plus' but for a review of anything you weigh up the good and the bad. This was EXTREMELY bias and as such feel my comments were justified.
Talk to the hand baby. ;)

Now you may doubt those are real, but whatever, Benjie and the other testers know they are.

"Played the whole night tonight, and didn't have one single FRE. *knocks on wood*
The code seems pretty stable and I haven't run into many bugs since I am playing beta, most of those I found were already on the forum here."

"yup, nice work on the fatals (not a single one since one week now) and the FPS (since 107 really nice)."

"Aye, very nice work KK have been doing. Think I’ve had around 4 FREs or summin in the entire week, i usually have that many per day in NC1, maybe even more heh."

"I timed this:

20 hours
0 FREs

If NC2 has that when it hits retail, you're good for the stability side of things "

Agent L
11-08-04, 09:31
I'll sex you if you like. ;)

*sex @ Agent L* :p

exactly what I was affraid of : P

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 09:45
Guys!!!!!

THINK!!!!!

This is a piece of promotion, covered up as a "diary".

U r played w/!

Way more interesting is what it doesn't say.

Benjie
11-08-04, 09:49
Guys!!!!!

THINK!!!!!

U r played w/!

About as pathetic as the people who claim that reakktor are copy and pasting character models onto there screenshots. Please, at least know what the fuck you are talking about before you post. I wrote this completely out of own experiences, to which I experienced as few bugs as I posted. Now that I have played a little longer, I have witnessed some of the bugs (some of them are hilarious!) and will tell you all about them in wonderfull, wonderfull detail in my next diary.

40$Poser
11-08-04, 09:50
Guys!!!!!

THINK!!!!!

U r played w/!

tbh I'd listen to benjie who actually has been playing the NC2 Beta than you sir

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 09:57
@Benjie: I don't know u and I don't know your true agenda.

It is very obvious that this "diary" was designed not as a report but as a piece of advertisement to you guys. To keep u in game. Its just another teaser. Hence: U r played w/....

Nice try - but this will not fool me.

40$Poser
11-08-04, 09:59

It is very obvious that this "diary" was designed not as a report but as a piece of advertisement to you guys. To keep u in game. Its just another teaser. Hence: U r played w/....

ok, so why are you still here if you 'won't be fooled'

Oh wait, my bad, you just made a post without thinking, now didn't you?

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 10:01
IMO Benjie is a very respectable member of this community.
And I'd trust him to write his own opinions, just like he always has.

*sexXxes Benjies ear*

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:02
On the contrary I work in the advertising business…..

And this is just too obvious.

Expect more delays!

Ps..: Don't u get it? U getting hyped! No word of critisism. Amazing!

Benjie
11-08-04, 10:02
Paranoia is so pathetic. :rolleyes:

I'm loving every second of the beta, and I truly enjoyed writing this Diary. Yes there are bugs in the Beta which I did not mention because at the time of writing this, I simply had not encountered them. Hence, you will have to wait untill Beta Diary #2.

But I'm sure you are far too on the ball to fall for anything I say. :rolleyes:

No word of critisism. Amazing!
I've got some critisism for you, but it's not about the beta....

Capt. Rik
11-08-04, 10:03
Any chance on some info about the new server hardware and also hardware reqs for running the game?

No worries if not, just would be nice to know a couple of weeks before it's released

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 10:04
On the contrary I work in the advertising business…..

And this is just too obvious.

Expect more delays!

Ps..: Don't u get it? U getting hyped! No word of critisism. Amazing!

I don't give a crap about how if you walk around with an ad sign or not,
and let's not even start discussing my linguistics- and human behaviour knowledge.

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:04
[QUOTE=Benjie]Paranoia is so pathetic. :rolleyes:

Tell me ANY reason not to be paranoid after those 2 years of treatment by KK.

Its just same old same old.

Benjie
11-08-04, 10:07
[QUOTE=Benjie]Paranoia is so pathetic. :rolleyes:

Tell me ANY reason not to be paranoid after those 2 years of treatment by KK.

Its just same old same old.
n0! Its teh U!!! woh is t3h sem old sem odl!
I r to0 styup1d 2 b advert. if u REALY been in t3h communit3 f0r 2yrs u wUd know tat! evry 1 else nows :lol:

PivWan
11-08-04, 10:10
Now, the question is:

when will you give us the next part of this diary???

Birkoff
11-08-04, 10:11
That doesnt really say a lot at all does it

Can't waitto be there

SnowCrash
11-08-04, 10:18

Of course it is an advertisement or do you think that we do this all here just for our personal fun? We worked hard to fullfill the expectations into us and now it is wrong that we are giving you a slight impression about what will await you in NC2 ?

This is a objective report about the current status of NC 2 in the beta stage. We could have just wrote a own diary without naming the author but we wanted to give you a objective view about what is going on in the beta by letting a experienced community member write down his impressions.

The reason that he hasn't reported any major flaws or bugs is simply that there are no major flaws or bugs in NC 2 at the current beta stage. We adressed lots of NC 1 issues and succeeded in solving these problems. Believe it or not. We still have lots of small things to fix, balance or polish but we are convinced to adress all this issues within the deadline.

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:22
[ edited ]

Benjie
11-08-04, 10:23
[ edited ]

phunqe
11-08-04, 10:25
I would be nice if this thread could stay fun and informative...

...for once.

ino
11-08-04, 10:26
Well let the maxman belive whatever he wants to belive, if you do that maby he wont post more anti stuff because no one gets upset over it.

Im not entierly so sure about nc2 will be at my disposal 1'st of september but I hope it will be and I still want to play it :)

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:26
[ edited ]

hinch
11-08-04, 10:27
finally they do as i ask.

get this posted on fking ign and update it every couple of days or every day if you can

hinch
11-08-04, 10:28
btw everyone ignore maxwell he's just grumpy cos fang > him :)

but at least he has the correct views about teflon tony :)

sex maxwell

Benjie
11-08-04, 10:29
[ edited ]

Moving on... I'm glad you all enjoyed the first part of my beta diary. I'm going to start on the second issue tommorrow, (which means you'll probabally have it by the end of this week) and I'll be sure to list what few bugs there are to butter over the conspiracy theorists.
Thanks for all your posotive comments, unfortunetly I couldn't give you any information through private message (to all those that tried ;)) but all questions asked will be addressed in my second journal.

evs
11-08-04, 10:31
The reason that he hasn't reported any major flaws or bugs is simply that there are no major flaws or bugs in NC 2 at the current beta stage. We adressed lots of NC 1 issues and succeeded in solving these problems. Believe it or not.

Pull the other one sanchez

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ch1n Th3 M4g
11-08-04, 10:32
[ edited ]

and this means?

Mighty Max
11-08-04, 10:33
"The hurt dog barks"

What he proved for himself tho...

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:34
@hinch:

Pah! FANG? Who? Its my smallest problem. I am surrounded by those sewer bees. Help! I am almost dead. :mad:

Maxwell Smart

Ch1n Th3 M4g
11-08-04, 10:35
"The hurt dog barks"

ahh.
now wasent that much easyer :D

SnowCrash
11-08-04, 10:35
[ edited ]

Well it seems that you are not interested in seriously take part in this discussion and you seem to be fixed on your view of things so it doesn't make much sense to discuss this issues with you. We have made mistakes, there is no doubt about it. But this doesn't mean that we are not able to improve things.

We are always open for constructive critiques but judging something negative without having any experiences with it is not really something you can effectively use within a discussion.

Benjie
11-08-04, 10:38
I think that a few people cannot handle the fact that Snowcrash stated that there are no major bugs in Neocron 2. Remember that one of the points to the engine upgrade was that it was more stable, and that it would run with better fps. If you take this into consideration, it's not so hard to believe.

Mighty Max
11-08-04, 10:39
ahh.
now wasent that much easyer :D

That basicly stands for a person, who will start to shout and defend himself after you told the truth about him, and will deny those true words.

Like the m***n. The louder he shouts about the more true it has to be.

A very easy view on things. Thats something you tell little kids to stop them telling lies.

@Benji,
You missed my point on this. He started to bark when you called him ****

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:41
[QUOTE=SnowCrash] We have made mistakes, there is no doubt about it. But this doesn't mean that we are not able to improve things.

Wow. Finally. I don't believe what I read.

Understand that there is a certain % of the com that is really, really pissed BECAUSE we love NC and how u treated us in the past.

Therefore promises are just interpreted as empty ones. Make us believe in KK and NC again!

Ch1n Th3 M4g
11-08-04, 10:42
snow
give us a date plz o_O
will it be 1st sep
or a bit longer? :(

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 10:42
Snowy, since YOU should know, and that you will satisfy everyone be telling:
Is another delay likely to come?

SnowCrash
11-08-04, 10:44
Just to make sure what I mean with major bugs/flaws that we have adressed in NC 2.

- nearly no fatal runtime errors
- highly improved engine performance
- highly improved database performance

Those three points have been the major problems our customers always have adressed as show stoppers and we are convinced that we have found a solution for this problems.

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:46
Snowy, since YOU should know, and that you will satisfy everyone be telling:
Is another delay likely to come?

No anser is an answer, right?

Ch1n Th3 M4g
11-08-04, 10:48
so.....
1st it is then :wtf:

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

SnowCrash
11-08-04, 10:48
The current release date is as stated by Martin Schwiezer in his thread. If there are any delays he will let you know that, of course.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
11-08-04, 10:50
do u have the link for that plz? ;)

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 10:52
The current release date is as stated by Martin Schwiezer in his thread. If there are any delays he will let you know that, of course.

Translation: There will be delays but I am not authorized to talk about em.

MS told us that there will be a 4 weeks window where we can confirm/cancel our preorder. Assuming the email would hit me today, the release date would be 9/11/04. Oh boy. Another 9/11....

Any questions why I do not buy this?

ichinin
11-08-04, 10:57
This message is hidden because Maxwell Smart is on your ignore list.

Ahhh... finally.

evs
11-08-04, 10:59
Snowcrash,

If you want constructive points - then please can you at least tell us 'why' there has been a delay in questions being answered to do with item/money/character wipes?

Surely you must agree that keeping the community in the dark about 'why' it's not been answered (not neccessarily an answer as in yes/no) is bad form and customer relations?

Whilst i am looking foward to neocron 2, the lack of any kind of feedback is very distressing, and no matter how proud you are of NC2 - it will be heavily overshadowed if the community is continually ignored.

Thanks

Benjie
11-08-04, 11:02
This message is hidden because Maxwell Smart is on your ignore list.

Ahhh... finally.
How do you ignore him? I've never done this before. :D

@Benji, You missed my point on this. He started to bark when you called him ****

[ edited ]Quoting a Developer and responding ""and what deadline would be that? 1. Sept. 2005?....... :lol:"" is proof enough. Especially after Snowcrash just released the biggest news on Neocron 2 thus far.

phunqe
11-08-04, 11:06
How do you ignore him? I've never done this before. :D

Click the name on the left (above the avatar), click "view public profile" and then "add to ignore list" (middle, right hand side in the public profile)

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 11:12
[ edited ]

Calling me this a second time gets you reported.

SonGoku
11-08-04, 11:13
Translation: There will be delays but I am not authorized to talk about em.

Or: There will be no delays but I am not authorized to talk about em.

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 11:14
Or: There will be no delays but I am not authorized to talk about em.

And WHY would that be? Makes no sense.

Pfehh
11-08-04, 11:15
I'm going to assumethat 'highly improved database performance' means fewer bad synchs, or logging in and having no inventory, or logging on someone else's character.

While that's fantastic, and I applaud the release of ANY information, at three weeks away, I was really expecting a little more to be divulged, especially considering this is a game that needs all the hype it can get if KK wants to survive. September is a busy month for gamers. FOMK is slated, AO's big expansion will be hitting, the threat of HL2 pulling pretty much everyone from every MMO away for a while, KK REALLY needs to be drawing attention to their release. We all need to be getting big chunks of information and media that make us want to shout from the damn rooftops "Hey, look, they've done it right this time, it's going to kick ass!" As nice as this update is, it just doesn't do that yet.

Mattimeo
11-08-04, 11:17
Of course it is an advertisement or do you think that we do this all here just for our personal fun? We worked hard to fullfill the expectations into us and now it is wrong that we are giving you a slight impression about what will await you in NC2 ?

This is a objective report about the current status of NC 2 in the beta stage. We could have just wrote a own diary without naming the author but we wanted to give you a objective view about what is going on in the beta by letting a experienced community member write down his impressions.

The reason that he hasn't reported any major flaws or bugs is simply that there are no major flaws or bugs in NC 2 at the current beta stage. We adressed lots of NC 1 issues and succeeded in solving these problems. Believe it or not. We still have lots of small things to fix, balance or polish but we are convinced to adress all this issues within the deadline.

You can say what you want about the validity of this "Diary". but it is FAR from objective. It would have been in your better intrest to release it as anonomous anyway. The community member reporting this isn't exactly the most un-biased to say the least.

Maybe, if somewhere out in that big world of journalism, I had seen some corraborating evidence, read, heard or seen things from a less biased source I wouldn't have to take this as a deeply skewed view.

Let me see some reviews on Gamespy, Gamespot or even that cesspool IGN that speak of it in such glowing terms, then maybe I can believe.

Untill then the only truth I see is the name of the author.

Edit: Cleanup, never post at 5AM

SnowCrash
11-08-04, 11:26
As I said. This diary should give you a slight impression about what will await you with NC2. Of course you can only finally judge it when you have played it.

Besides that, Benjie is someone who speaks out negative things if he finds something. So it is not far away from being objective.

And please stop insulting each other for no reason.

giga191
11-08-04, 11:27
[ edited ]
Well you've insulted the developers and the hard working beta testers by saying that they are incompetent and cannot release it on time.

Dargeshaad
11-08-04, 11:28
I think what's on everyone's mind right now is if there'll be a char/money/item-wipe with NC2, I know that's what's on my mind. So an answer to this question would be most commendable. Great diary though Benji :)

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 11:29

Sorry but your buddy insulted me twice. I did not say ANYTHING! So where did I insult him?

Double standards?

evs
11-08-04, 11:29
As I said. This diary should give you a slight impression about what will await you with NC2. Of course you can only finally judge it when you have played it.

Besides that, Benjie is someone who speaks out negative things if he finds something. So it is not far away from being objective.

How about giving us some info on item / money wipes instead of defending members of the community?

Benjie's a big lad, im sure he can look after himself on a forum.

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING AND WORRYING

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 11:30
Well you've insulted the developers and the hard working beta testers by saying that they are incompetent and cannot release it on time.

I did not realize that there is no difference between INSULTS and (just) critisism...... :lol:

Ashanti
11-08-04, 11:31
hrhrhr... you feel disgusted by Maxwell chummers? well ask us. hes boring for so long in the german forum.

SnowCrash
11-08-04, 11:33
Sorry but your buddy insulted me twice. I did not say ANYTHING! So where did I insult him?

Double standards?

This was meant prophylactic for everyone. Or did I mentioned any names? So please everyone get back on topic before it ends in another flamewar.

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 11:33
Cupcakes anyone?

Sit down and relax,
if you got something constructive to say, speak up.
If you wanna encourage them, speak up.
If you just got "It sucks I don't like it cuz I don't like it and I won't tell why"
then stfu and eat your cupcake or I'll strap you up in a chair and do horrible stuff with small fishing knives.
And no, this isn't pointed at anyone so don't even think so

Nidhogg
11-08-04, 11:39
The topic of this thread is Benjie's diary so if you wish to complain about unrelated aspects of Neocron 2 then please use one of the other threads.

@Maxwell Smart - your trolling started all of this so I have zero sympathy for you (even though I have edited the flames)

@Benjie - please remember that you are acting as a spokesman and as such are bound to attract negative attitudes from certain aspects of the community. Please remember that responding to a flame is as bad as the flame itself.

Please do not continue this argument - if you have any questions the please PM me. Thanks.

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 11:45
[QUOTE=Nidhogg]@Maxwell Smart - your trolling started all of this so I have zero sympathy for you (even though I have edited the flames)

Thank you. At least no double standards. This I call a positive sign. (no irony)

Now I am waiting for the second edition - hoping to find some info there.

Ultazha
11-08-04, 11:50
I just wanted to thanks:
- Benjie for investing so much time in his beta testing job. Thanks from all the non beta testers ;)
- SnowCrash for taking time to discuss with Community, admitting mistakes and doing is best to act in a positive way (i think)
- ReaKKtor to have made NC2 the real answer to players top demands (no FRE, new content, better graphics)

Thanks for all this, keep on your good work, we are all counting on you as the fanboys we are :)

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 11:56
Well...
[Insert last statement from Ultazha here]

evs
11-08-04, 11:58
This was meant prophylactic for everyone. Or did I mentioned any names? So please everyone get back on topic before it ends in another flamewar.

How about less prophylactic's and some answers to the communities worries please?

Here' - i'll help you.

10 Begin
20 IF WIPE = NO goto 100 ELSE goto 30
30 IF ITEMWIPE = YES Then Print "Sorry Items are gone guys" Else goto 40
40 IF MONEYWIPE = YES Then Print "Sorry Money is gone guys" Else goto 50
50 Print "I dont have a clue I will try and find out for you though" goto 70
60 Print "There wont be any wipe" goto 70
70 END

Zefrian
11-08-04, 12:01
anyway ... the "Diary entry #1" shows, that the beta testers are positively surprised about NC2 so far. Despite all the still open questions from the community, this is at least a little positive message.

Dargeshaad
11-08-04, 12:01
How about less prophylactic's and some answers to the communities worries please?

Here' - i'll help you.

10 Begin
20 IF WIPE = NO goto 100 ELSE goto 30
30 IF ITEMWIPE = YES Then Print "Sorry Items are gone guys" Else goto 40
40 IF MONEYWIPE = YES Then Print "Sorry Money is gone guys" Else goto 50
50 Print "I dont have a clue I will try and find out for you though" goto 70
60 Print "There wont be any wipe" goto 70
70 END

I think there's an error in line 20 :p

SonGoku
11-08-04, 12:02
And WHY would that be? Makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense.
MJS already stated that NC2 will be released on September 1.
I don't think he has to state it again, just because you believe something else.
If I was KK I would completly ignore your posts.

Ascension
11-08-04, 12:04
[ edited ]

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 12:06
[ edited ]
how about you dropping it before Niddy slams you into the ground with his hammer for not listening to him

Maxwell Smart
11-08-04, 12:08
[ edited ]

Please mods intervene.....

Ultazha
11-08-04, 12:10
Please mods intervene.....

Please don't take mods for stupid persons...

Mighty Max
11-08-04, 12:10
I think there's an error in line 20 :p

Right, you would get

"Fatal Runtime Error"

Callstack.log:
General Protection fault at 100

hinch
11-08-04, 12:11

not quite benji is a fan boy :) but still its an interesting read and something that should have been started a good couple of weeks ago so you could turn it into a long running saga not the few it will end up being.

as for speaking out about negative things.

me
cannings
zoneseek
sparrowtm
leff|pm
celt
ezza
fbi
jest
rince

few others mainly all banned because we did speak out about negative things. but still take it for what it is which is a single persons account to entice other newer players and tease the current ones and its good work. just dont assume it to be objective as it isnt

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 12:16
not quite benji is a fan boy :) but still its an interesting read and something that should have been started a good couple of weeks ago so you could turn it into a long running saga not the few it will end up being.

as for speaking out about negative things.

[Removed because.... I wanted to]
few others mainly all banned because we did speak out about negative things. but still take it for what it is which is a single persons account to entice other newer players and tease the current ones and its good work. just dont assume it to be objective as it isnt

1)Still wrong thread
2)That's based on personal opinions from YOU

Zefrian
11-08-04, 12:17
okay guys taking bets on when this ....

i think, he will not get banned for stating his oppinions as log as he does not violate the forum rules or any official law.

Other point of sight: If the beta-Testers are lucky and satisfied about NC2-Beta so far, then NC2 seems to be (nearly) ready exept some minor changes.
( *joking*: Execute this Code bevor reading above sentence in case of doubts: "150 MB = minor changes and / or additions :D )

ezza
11-08-04, 12:20
man lotta benjie fanbois in this thread.

nice to have some info, shame you couldnt post the screenys however.

hinch
11-08-04, 12:22
1)Still wrong thread
2)That's based on personal opinions from YOU

1) correct thread as its relevent to the first post
2) indeed it is but its also based on the opinions of the 50+ nc players i have on my msn list who i've spoke to about it

so when you have a clue come back and comment as for now do as i say and take it for what it is a non objective piece of marketing which is EXACTLY what it is

Nidhogg
11-08-04, 12:25
Hinch - those people were banned for breaking the rules. The forums are full of people who speak out about negative things. Now get back on topic.

N

evs
11-08-04, 12:26
hrhrh my code was wrong.

But yet again the questions are ignored ........

Capt. Rik
11-08-04, 12:33

Your question was not related to the content on the first post and Benjie is not in a position to comment anyway because he is not a KK employee.

Dargeshaad
11-08-04, 12:35
Your question was not related to the content on the first post and Benjie is not in a position to comment anyway because he is not a KK employee.

No but Snowcrash most certainly could, but as always the KK employees dodge the questions at hand

phunqe
11-08-04, 12:51
As far as I know this thread is about the diary and not about item wipes or release dates.

All of you that were asking why there is an NDA.. do you see why now?
Do you see what crap beta testers have to put up with even if they post something as innocent as a small diary of their experiences?

It's a diary of a beta tester's experiences. Nothing more, nothing less. If it's percieved as promotional material or "propaganda" so what, it's a diary.
It's objective from HIS point of view since he tried to present it in the best way possible. It's HIS experiences. Noone at KK or 10tacel or whatever wrote this. Benjie did.

hinch
11-08-04, 12:54
Hinch - those people were banned for breaking the rules. The forums are full of people who speak out about negative things. Now get back on topic.

N

nid reread please im not argueing about their ban im stating they would have given alot more objective points that benji will/has

alot of people are argueing over 1 persons personal view which is indeed being used exactly how it should be used which is as a marketing excerise.

tbh i would have closed the thread as soon as it was posted as its not meant to be open for discussion its just his current experience in the beta plain and simple

Marx
11-08-04, 12:57
All of you that were asking why there is an NDA.. do you see why now?
Do you see what crap beta testers have to put up with even if they post something as innocent as a small diary of their experiences?

It's a diary of a beta tester's experiences. Nothing more, nothing less. If it's percieved as promotional material or "propaganda" so what, it's a diary.
It's objective from HIS point of view since he tried to present it in the best way possible. It's HIS experiences. Noone at KK or 10tacel or whatever wrote this. Benjie did.More beta posters would make for fewer shit between them. Secondly, Benjie is a high profile 'target', so people would find something to complain about, if not outright attack Benjies' credability anyway.

I'm glad this was allowed to be posted, it provides a nice tidbit of info that I'm happy to see.

naimex
11-08-04, 12:58
@Maxwell Smart :

I don´t like you... you´re evil..

Benjie don´t mind him, you did a great job.

-OFF TOPIC-
@MODS, KK, GMs :

What happened to those nice copbot siggies you had ages ago ??
They looked way cooler than that boring text.

Benjie
11-08-04, 13:07
How about giving us some info on item / money wipes instead of defending members of the community?

Since your asking in my thread, I assume your asking me. My word is, there deffinetly will or will not be some kind of wipe. All I know since Reakktor are not letting us in on these issues. ;P I reccomend you take your questions to one of the (laughable - law suits? ;P) threads already posted in the Community talk forums. Try to keep it mature though eh?

Scikar
11-08-04, 13:09
This thread just proves what many of us keep saying - no matter what KK say, they get flamed. So it's not surprising they hardly post anything at all.

Benjie
11-08-04, 13:10
*edited*

evs
11-08-04, 13:38
Since your asking in my thread, I assume your asking me. My word is, there deffinetly will or will not be some kind of wipe. All I know since Reakktor are not letting us in on these issues. ;P I reccomend you take your questions to one of the (laughable - law suits? ;P) threads already posted in the Community talk forums. Try to keep it mature though eh?

No it was not directed at you sorry, it was directed at SnowCrash.

No offence but you are just some person in the beta, not a KK employee :)

solling
11-08-04, 13:42
i cannot start to wonder if this game have a chance even if its the best game in the world sooooo many biatchy whine morons whining and biatching only cuz they dont have a clue
i remeber back in ol nc when the forums actually was a nice place to be hope that comes back

and hinch i know some of the peops u have on that list and i cant help but laugh

kk did good in choosing beta testers

El_MUERkO
11-08-04, 13:59
Just to make sure what I mean with major bugs/flaws that we have adressed in NC 2.

- nearly no fatal runtime errors
- highly improved engine performance
- highly improved database performance

Those three points have been the major problems our customers always have adressed as show stoppers and we are convinced that we have found a solution for this problems.
Good to hear.

Now tell us the game is balanced, will I see cookie cutter setups the return of the ub3r hybrid upon release, will PEs and Spies still be pointless in OP wars, will, will, will...

You've seen the posts in the forums, you know the issues tha game has (assuming you read them), I'll trade you a motion captured stripper for a game that wont start losing new players as soon as they find out their runner will never be able to compete againist a monk with *insert setup here* and decide they couldnt be arsed starting from scratch.

GIJ0e
11-08-04, 14:11
fanboi rendition tbh sounds exactly like neocron but with slightly better graphics

with regards to FRE's, are KK now admitting THERE IS a problem with FRE's with the current neocron? i thought it was all down to our pc's and it didnt happen that often? :rolleyes: (happens to me at least once an hour)

i'm still awaiting definite comment about item and cash wipes as well.

i hope benjie is right and it all smells of roses, but its gonna take far more than that to convince me a) its gonna be out and relatively bug free on time b) its gonna be an improvement on nc

not gonna go into a major rant and "arent i special please me or i am leaving" episode, but for me this is KK's last chance to impress. and i sincerely hope they do.

V. Brett Walker
11-08-04, 14:19
Hmm... well this seems very funny to me.
With all the shit going on in the game (postwise) it seems that all the devs have come out to address this thread. I've never seen so many responses from the devs....this is a set up. Where were you guys when other issues were raised?

Such as the wipe thread.....this is really bullshit.....Maxwell...I'm with you :)

Ultazha
11-08-04, 14:20
this is really bullshit

Prove it.

MrChumble
11-08-04, 14:25

Oooh ooh ooh!!! Me too! Can I get on beta? :D

Shame this thread has gone downhill quite a bit...still looking forward to the next diary entry :)

GIJ0e
11-08-04, 14:31
Prove it.

well when september rolls around it'll be proved one way or the other.

but dont worry, if i'm right i wont be around to gloat :p

Vampire222
11-08-04, 14:32
1) correct thread as its relevent to the first post
2) indeed it is but its also based on the opinions of the 50+ nc players i have on my msn list who i've spoke to about it

so when you have a clue come back and comment as for now do as i say and take it for what it is a non objective piece of marketing which is EXACTLY what it is

Hinch, i'm wondering, why do you still hang around here? seeing all your negative posts

Opar
11-08-04, 14:43
Sex Benj. Nuff said.

And guys, stfu with the flaming, can you simply no accept the fact that NC2 beta might be this good? If you don't want NC2 to be as good as stated in the beta diary, go play something else.

Kudos to KK, Benjie and co.

Mumblyfish
11-08-04, 14:47
And guys, stfu with the flaming, can you simply no accept the fact that NC2 beta might be this good? If you don't want NC2 to be as good as stated in the beta diary, go play something else.
And Opar wins the thread.

GIJ0e
11-08-04, 14:48
Sex Benj. Nuff said.

Kudos to KK, Benjie and co.

i do want it to be that good, obviously.

its just there are some important unanswered questions to consider, also kk's past record to take into account. And i cant believe i am the only one who finds it suspicious that kk have allowed someone to break the NDA who then oddly enough has absolutely nothing bad to say about the game. this sets alarm bells rining for me, but then i am getting on a bit and am becoming a more cynical bastard as i age :)

Vampire222
11-08-04, 14:50

its just there are some important unanswered questions to consider, also kk's past record to take into account. And i cant believe i am the only one who finds it suspicious that kk have allowed someone to break the NDA who then oddly enough has absolutely nothing bad to say about the game. this sets alarm bells rining for me, but then i am getting on a bit and am only getting a more cynical bastard as i age :)

i doubt benjie would agree with kk not to post anything negative... it's obvious kk didn't sit on their ass for 3 years now is it :D

Benjie
11-08-04, 14:51

its just there are some important unanswered questions to consider, also kk's past record to take into account. And i cant believe i am the only one who finds it suspicious that kk have allowed someone to break the NDA who then oddly enough has absolutely nothing bad to say about the game. this sets alarm bells rining for me, but then i am getting on a bit and am becoming a more cynical bastard as i age :)
I look forward to hearing your opinions on the same things when you load up Neocron II. Man am I going to have a massive grin on my face when I read the forums after the release and say to myself.....* I told you so!* :)

GIJ0e
11-08-04, 14:54
dont get me wrong here, i want nc2 to be leet as much as anyone and i still play nc regularly and having relaxed my attitude am enjoying it a lot. but my faith is lacking i am afraid and i am still concerned about the possibility of item wipes etc. as me and a couple of mates started noobs on venus and have become self sufficent between us and i'd be pissed off if we lost all the tl90 tools etc we spent so long saving up for.

Benjie
11-08-04, 14:55
dont get me wrong here, i want nc2 to be leet as much as anyone and i still play nc regularly and having relaxed my attitude am enjoying it a lot. but my faith is lacking i am afraid and i am still concerned about the possibility of item wipes etc. as me and a couple of mates started noobs on venus and have become self sufficent between us and i'd be pissed off if we lost all the tl90 tools etc we spent so long saving up for.
Okay. Enough with the Hijacking. This thread has nothing to do with item wipes!

ezza
11-08-04, 15:06
I look forward to hearing your opinions on the same things when you load up Neocron II. Man am I going to have a massive grin on my face when I read the forums after the release and say to myself.....* I told you so!* :)
[ edited ]

Benjie
11-08-04, 15:06
[ edited ]
Exactly. ;)
Sex @ everyone who deserves sex.

Spermy
11-08-04, 15:09
So uh, Benj, How many droms do I have to sex to get that account info? :lol:

I'm on 23 for anyone whos interested, with dated screenies! Damn droms. Teh stink.

:lol:

Vampire222
11-08-04, 15:31
Beta wave 3 sent.. 300 more testers next week O_O read thannys sexy announcement

msdong
11-08-04, 15:59
...benji is a fan boy :) ....

yup, he is. but he has some good ideas in the past and he allways have a valid point when he say "this sucks" (not a quote).
the interesting stuff is what he wrote in brackets.
finally faction points mean something. btw what points do they check? clan points or personal ????

everything else is somehow known from the peeks and stuff.
but its good to hear that beta is running smoth (i guess that means the usual small things like every patch are broken :D)

hmm, the char generation sounds pretty cool.

Judge
11-08-04, 16:26
This thread just proves what many of us keep saying - no matter what KK say, they get flamed. So it's not surprising they hardly post anything at all.

Too true.

Its great to see that some info is being released, and its good to hear from snow about the bug situation and everything, but I will belive it when I see it. And, I really hope that I do see it. :D

And to people who are saying "Uh, this is just NC with better graphics, less bugs and more content". Well isn't that kind of the fucking point? What the hell else did you expect from DoY?

ino
11-08-04, 16:29
Why give a shit about kk fanboy or not. I dont feel a thing for Benji cause I dont know him, still he wrote something wich is alot more than we have gotten up until now and ppl go crazy, and start to hate ppl left and right for presenting something atleast. Just shut the fuck up.

Sure it would be super if kk would answer some of the biggest community questions I would love that. Im sure they will give us some answers at some time, it just takes a shit load of time for them to actually give us the info, but aslong as they give it before the damn release I'll be happy.

ezza
11-08-04, 17:30
[ edited ]

Please send Nidhogg or Odin a PM if you have concerns. -- Vithar

Mirco
11-08-04, 17:42
I saw someone ask this earlier, but didnt find it answered. I would really like to know how many fps you get now, even though its only early beta.

Dru Blood
11-08-04, 17:49
[ edited ]
community 1 - kk 0

Selendor
11-08-04, 18:40
Good to get some info, thanks for posting.

Regarding the lack of fre's reported by the beta testers, if any of you testers are reading this, please can you all try some server intensive actions (all being in a zone at the same time, op war etc) to see if this affects your crash rate? My only fear with this current good situation on the beta servers is that it won't represent a fully populated live server. I really hope its as good as it sounds though :)

Judge
11-08-04, 18:48
[ edited ]
community 1 - kk 0
Wow... you must be really insecure in yourself to have to take the piss out of other people because of their sexuality.

Opar
11-08-04, 19:28
[ edited ]
Okay dude, thats pretty low.

Marshall1
11-08-04, 19:40
great post benj sounds great. and to max and anyone else who is bitching what is wrong with you . you been shouting for news on beta you get some it just happens to be good and your insulting people. your not in beat im not in beta how are we to know what its is like. Most of the bugs for this game have been in since beta4 thats 3 years or so ago

im pretty sure they have figured out how to solve a majority of them and im willing the give htem a benifit of the doubt. why would benj ruin his reputation on this if he didnt believe it. Im gonna stick up for him as in my other posts iv said i hate people who seem to do nothing but moan. sometimes in this world things do go the right way they dont always have to be bad and i love this game i admit that i hate the bugs as much as the next person but i dont go slagging people off for having there views. benj has his view hes experienced it you guys maoning havnt us guys praising it havnt but i have faith.

If you actaully played it and said soem of the stuff you said i would say yea fair point have you say but you havnt so you saying its advertising its sexed up its to sell more games it may well be but you got no proof it is or it isnt so in that case your oppoinions are not objective oppions but ones based purley on fiction and nothing else if you think kk suck if you think benj is not telling the truth if you think im sucking up to reacktor fine thats up to you but please dont start shouting and insulting about things you have not experienced yet and if you hate it that much then leave no one said stay. Well done benj well done reacktor.

one thing though why cant we get any screenys seeing this is the members section whoh actually play neocron 1 and might help in the promotional side.

Napalm82
11-08-04, 19:48
Good work Benjie and the story is sweet too....try to sweet talk the mods into just showing one or two pics :D

@ the other..*ahem* less gentle people who have posted would you please keep the fights out of this thread? If you are not aware you can start your OWN thread and if you keep the language clean the mods probably wont close it.

- Napalm

LiL T
11-08-04, 19:51
nice one Benjie glad KK let you SPEAK :) I getting excited now can't wait

Endar
11-08-04, 20:03
Wow, I dont think I have ever seen this many edited replies in my whole life :eek:

Anyway, great diary Benjie :) I dont belive that the guy who all of us love would lie to us :D Anyway like he said he HAS seen some bugs and will post about them in next diary. But hey, its still a beta and thats why there are beta testers, so they can find the bugs and KK can fix them :angel:

SilKK
11-08-04, 21:13
i bet he forget to mention he fretd like 2000000000000 times

Mumblyfish
11-08-04, 21:19
i bet he forget to mention he fretd like 2000000000000 times
I bet you missed all the quotes saying FREing is a thing of the past.

SilKK
11-08-04, 21:28
.........im not reading 10 or 11 pages of watever the fuck it is of repeatedly qoutage of each other

Judge
11-08-04, 21:36
IIRC, its on page 3 or 4.

Vithar
11-08-04, 21:38
It's on page 2. :)

"I timed this:

20 hours
0 FREs

Sheba
11-08-04, 21:52
Did not think I was ever going to reach the end of this Diary/Flame thread..more flame then informative.
I admit I like the how the game is shaping up, would love to hear more specifics, If its allowed? Like are things that are broke in NC fixed in DOY, skill system, recycling etc. Just want to know that old issues albeit with better graphics will not pop up in NC2!

darkservent
11-08-04, 21:57
good shit, KK and benjie, shame i havnt got in but oh well. Looks like a brand new game all together. Get it out on time and itll be a winnar.

Richard Slade
11-08-04, 22:01
good shit, KK and benjie, shame i havnt got in but oh well. Looks like a brand new game all together. Get it out on time and itll be a winnar.
I just don't feel comfy blasting ass in a MMO with that good graphs in fps, seriously

Benjie
11-08-04, 22:07
I just don't feel comfy blasting ass in a MMO with that good graphs in fps, seriously
What the hell is "Blasting Ass"? It sounds gross. O_o

Mumblyfish
11-08-04, 22:09
What the hell is "Blasting Ass"? It sounds gross. O_o
Benjie is the coolest.

Seriously.

The coolest.

Totally wasn't any crude jokes regarding him said here. No sir.

:angel:

GIJ0e
11-08-04, 22:28

something else i'll believe when i see it and tbh you seem like a smart guy so i am surprised you are taking peoples word for it, even if they are devs, dont forget the same people promising doy would be out about 12 months ago

i wish i could summon unquestioning enthusiasm for stuff, it sucks being cynical lol. the one advantage is you are rarely dissapointed hrhr
:D

i really hope benjies report is the reality for all of us. if so its probably gonna be teh pwnz, in any event i think every fucker should relax, fanbois and cynical bastards all. we can all judge when it arrives

Mumblyfish
11-08-04, 22:43
Honestly, I really really trust Benjie's word here. It's not the developers I'm fellating here, it's him.

Shadow Dancer
11-08-04, 22:54
Does psi resist work in the beta? :p

Mattimeo
11-08-04, 23:29

I bet you missed the quote where someone said it still happened, which is still entirely unacceptable.

SonGoku
11-08-04, 23:33
I bet you missed the quote where someone said it still happened, which is still entirely unacceptable.
I did miss it too. Where is it?

Mumblyfish
11-08-04, 23:52
No, I didn't miss it. But having people say "Oh, I FRE'd once in twenty hours of play" in a beta is damned stable.

numb
11-08-04, 23:57
Those are interesting quotes. I hardly fatal at all on Pluto (low population), maybe once a night if I play all night, yet when I play on Saturn (high population) I get 4+ fatals in a night.

Wonder how many players are on the beta server all at once and if having a relatively fresh database might reduce the overall amount of fatals.

edit: in short I will believe it when it's live :)

Scikar
12-08-04, 00:19
For some people, any game will crash every once in a while. It's a fact of life, some people just don't maintain their PCs. I had an older comp which I first used the internet on, but I never bothered cleaning adware/spyware and viruses off it. I also didn't maintain it very well, let it get really dusty, and it was an OEM comp with substandard parts. Result was, when I came round to playing Neocron on it, it ran like shite, and crashed basically every 30 seconds. My best mate is still using a similarly treated comp, and he crashes in NC every 30 seconds.

My two newer comps however, have been properly maintained and looked after, and this one I built myself using parts I knew wouldn't break down. Reward is, I don't crash a great deal in NC. About once or twice a week at most, and that's from when I used to play more often. If NC2 is running on better servers, with more stable code and more reliable database, it's not going to be much of a surprise when it crashes less. Since I rarely crash anyway, that likely means I pretty much won't crash at all.

I'm not saying FREs are entirely down to people's computers - that's clearly not true. But there are some things that help - more RAM copes better with memory leaks, better sound cards also seem to yield an improvement, and defragging hard disks also appears to work (though nobody knows why :P). Put more stable code with a machine able to cope = eliminating FREs.

Also, those people saying KK are lying, kindly fuck off. What's the point in being here? Anything that KK or anyone else says, you'll either denounce as lies or completely ignore. So why bother? If NC2 is a guaranteed flop in your eyes, don't bother buying it. And if you're not going to get NC2, move on, go play something else. I can think of nothing more sad than someone who never plays Neocron any more, yet still pays his monthly fee to troll here. And even if you've cancelled your account, what possible reason could you have to stay calling KK liars at every corner, other than to troll here because you have nothing better to do in your pathetic life?

Judge
12-08-04, 00:24

Oh dear lord... so a game has.... a bug? IN BETA!?!

Mattimeo
12-08-04, 00:31
Oh dear lord... so a game has.... a bug? IN BETA!?!

It's the same bug that been in the game since the original beta.

It's a show stopper, thats been in the game since the original beta.

oh no, I broke a rule, I pointed out a flaw :o

Ozzon
12-08-04, 00:39
No worries... few years, two betas and maybe FRE's problem will get solved. Then there is only few hundred other bugs to fix and then ballancing issues, I'm sure KK can handle all this in 3 weeks, or maybe there will be another release date? :rolleyes:

btw. whats up with the wipe issue? can we get an answer after almost 2 months of waiting?
Care to give us any more specific info about DoY?

Sorry for off topic, nice work Benjie.

Judge
12-08-04, 00:40
Just so you realise. Its not actually a bug, its the outcome of god knows how many bugs. Each time KK squishes one, it means one less way to FRE... theres no single fucking variable to change which removes all FREs.

Vampire222
12-08-04, 00:40
everyone complaining about kk not being able to release a bugfree nc2 "try to make something yourself that doesn't crash every 20 seconds" please people, don't flame in this thread, i mean, it's really great that benjie shared his beta experience, and i really want to see more beta stuff. And that probably won't happen in this way.. imagine you being in his shoes for a second, getting to post a serious announcement and then getting flamed to hell and back in the replys, and kk getting flamed to hell and back also... howd u feel if it was you... i know id feel like shit and i would never even think of doing a thing like that again..

IT'S CALLED: FUCKING IT UP FOR ALL OF US!

Thank you

MrChumble
12-08-04, 00:57
I agree with Vampire222. I never agree with Vampire222. Ever. About anything. So either it's not him, or he's actually right for a change :D

Rade
12-08-04, 01:03
I agree with Vampire222. I never agree with Vampire222. Ever. About anything. So either it's not him, or he's actually right for a change :D

Strange isnt it? And I dont ever agree with either of you... *grumbles*

Oh wait I agreed with you like half a week ago. I think we're pretty close to
flying pigs and snowballs in hell now.

mishkin
12-08-04, 10:09
Woot. Reading what benjie said made me want to try it out for myself even more... :D Keep us posted (if you can) Benjie, I wanna know more ;)

I have a question to those who posted all the flames towards kk and benjie in this thread: Why are you still here?

Benjie
12-08-04, 10:10
btw. whats up with the wipe issue? can we get an answer after almost 2 months of waiting?
Not in this thread you can't. Back on Topic mister!

It's the same bug that been in the game since the original beta.
FRE's have been drastically reduced, the people who used to get them once or twice a day now get them once a week if they are unlucky. The people who got them once a week will probabally start selling them on e-bay due to how rare they now are.... Not to mention that it is still beta. While Reakktor and the community are very very pleased that they have increased performance by so much, they are still working to eliminate the problem entirely.

(Which fyi, even if they don't fix entirely I personally wouldn't give a shit. A single fre a week makes Neocron one of the most stable mmorpg's ever.)

evs
12-08-04, 11:11
getting to post a serious announcement and then getting flamed to hell and back in the replys, and kk getting flamed to hell and back also..

Perhaps if Reakktor had treated it's playerbase with more consideration in the first place and answered queries and questions - then there would have been no venting on here.

Endar
12-08-04, 11:45
Perhaps if Reakktor had treated it's playerbase with more consideration in the first place and answered queries and questions - then there would have been no venting on here.

Blah, there are always some assholes that cry even when everything is fine. And usually you can spot those guys when they start a nerfing thread just because they got owned.

Another good example are the people who post in this thread and say "OMG KK is lying to us!!! I dont belive that there aint zillion of bugs like there are in NC1!!!" (BTW I dont think I have seen any serious bugs in NC..). They just want to make something up so they can cry about it... Poor children...

Marx
12-08-04, 12:58
Blah, there are always some assholes that cry even when everything is fine. And usually you can spot those guys when they start a nerfing thread just because they got owned.

Another good example are the people who post in this thread and say "OMG KK is lying to us!!! I dont belive that there aint zillion of bugs like there are in NC1!!!" (BTW I dont think I have seen any serious bugs in NC..). They just want to make something up so they can cry about it... Poor children...Yes, there are whiners... Every game has them. But the reason they have power here is because there are actual greivances to back them up in most cases. Stealth changes and nerfs (as in, unannounced, not 'stealth changes'), system breaks, patch glitches, what gets most is the troubled Customer Service... Most people who complain about it on the forums get Nid or someone who ends up seeming to take care of it. In which case whats the point of having that whole e-mail system?

Lets not pretend that everything is or was peachy, because you would be lying to yourself if you felt that way - but it is (and never was) nowhere near a degenerating mass spiraling deeper and deeper into anarchy. There are true complaints, and it seems alot of them are either ignored or shrugged off.

coppertop
12-08-04, 12:58
In my own experience FRE's seem to be very random. My PC is scanned regularaly for viruses and adware/spyware and I defrag frequently as well. It is self built and stable as hell and with any of the other games I play there are no problems.

When it comes to NC, I have the same things running in the background every time I play NC yet they seem to have little to do with the FRE's. Some days I can log in and play the entire day without a single crash. At other times I log in and it crashes out to windows every 15 minutes or every time I zone. Its great when I get a run with no crashes, but then its pure hell when I get days with unending FRE's.

Living in hope that DoY is free of FRE's, but I guess only time will tell. BTW, any word yet on pre-order e-mail?. The waiting is getting on my nerves as I am constantly expecting a post announcing a delay in the release again. :confused:

Endar
12-08-04, 13:18
Thats strange... I had one FRE last week and thats about it (and I was running Winamp and UD Agent at the background). I think I have synched one time when I connected last week too (I dont get synchs in the game). I take care that my comp is in good condition, but now when I read your posts (assuming that you guys are not lying just so you can "whine") Im not sure why I dont synch or FRE.

Hammer_AoD
12-08-04, 13:27
Thanatos has given me the go-ahead to release my Beta Diary. .

Good work man!

HammerMAN

Benjie
12-08-04, 13:35
<Marx says stuff>
Marx, I feel like you are falling towards the Dark Side, my child.

LiL T
12-08-04, 14:05
Thats strange... I had one FRE last week and thats about it (and I was running Winamp and UD Agent at the background). I think I have synched one time when I connected last week too (I dont get synchs in the game). I take care that my comp is in good condition, but now when I read your posts (assuming that you guys are not lying just so you can "whine") Im not sure why I dont synch or FRE.

well its crazy I take great care of my comp too I don't have any shit on it at all yet if I stand in a zone too long I will FRE when I goto zone too fix this I simply relog after I'm afk for a long time. I think it could well be a bad memory leak somewhere it normaly only happens if alot of people are in the zone or I'm near a GR Plaza 2 is the worst.

Richard Slade
12-08-04, 14:37
http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1521467&postcount=1

Would anyone care to translate?

ronaz
12-08-04, 14:46
with friendly permission of Thanatos, by Cuthullu written:

Perhaps some know me, my name are Alexander Millori, better well-known than Cuthullu. Ex security head of Biotech Inc..
One says after to me I is a cold-blooded killer, a loyaler servant of the megacompanies, one says to me is all the same to human lives.

All this has now no more meaning. The cathedrals OF York opened its doors and accepted the war a new dimension. It will be delivered from today on no longer only in the material world, but also in the widths of the Hacknets.

The Hacknet, a fire-new invention. One can dive now physically into the computers, on which data streams ride and against deadly intrusion Countermeasures to the resistance sit down. Universe which one needs is a Hacktool, little Verstaednnis for chopping and a GR, then can it loose-go.

"welcomes in the real world"

Plaza 1, early in the morning. I rose from the taxi Cab me from my Appartment had brought. Not yet much loosely around this time. My current order would lead me into the Biotech Mainframe. I should accomplish some routine controls at the data memories there. Which for a verschwendung of my worker, but Seymour Jordan did not mean I is yet enough trained over with the new technology the attack and defense programs to deal. Naja, it will already still notice which for a man it with me has.

I went on fastest way into the new Biotech HQ:

There arrived examined I the new employees:

Advisors for new employees, Fractionsupplier the loyale coworkers with specific Items supply which one only with Biotech get and some further dealers, so that ours must buy research and production departments no longer dne expensive muck of the road.

After a short attendance in the fire-new Fraction Office and a Gesproech with my responsible personnel chief was to be logged in it time. Fortunately stand now in each HQ Genreps. Click with chop-madly on the GR brought me also immediately into the new Cyberwelt, graphic real time surface simulated from Cyberspace chips in my Hacktool.

I landed in the Neocron Mainframe, the data network of the city. From here one has access to the Mainframes of all numerical control parliamentary groups and to sucked. Travel LINES, data lines those the cities via the different Uplinks outside connect. Each Uplink functions thereby as if rout the surrounding Outposts. One must thus first into a Uplink and from there at the attached OI if one at ienem OI out-logs wants. Uplinks seems hot would be, shortly nevertheless is it then the weak point in each defense as. An unprotected Uplink is not an open gate for each hacker, there uses the best defenses of an attached Ops anything, if the enemy over the Uplink rout penetrates.

But back to the Mainframe. I looked for the junction in the Biotech Mainframe and logged in there, as loyaler Biotech a coworker was feasible also without problems.

From there examined I unites shut down data memories and found immediately some corrupted DATA files. Like that something can go into the eye, without attack programs is you with a meeting with so a part toast, and, there all sensory impressions serve body perfectly simulated on to be passed on not only in the Hacknet. Your body cannot live without spirit, I thinks we understands itself or?

I passed myself on the positions of the defective files, should young from the Cleanupservice drumkuemmern.

Afterwards I went via various Firewalls to protect Biotech white its sensitive data and the data of its customers into the Faction Security center. Here Chummer stores correctly black IC, who is not really good dies before it correctly realized which on it collapses there.

Well, also sense makes, nevertheless it would be to be stolen theoretically possible from here by means of special data chips our Blueprints. In the initial phase is unite from hackers cathedrals succeeded data over important prototypes to steal to copy and prepare for us thereby most substantial problems.

I examined the data memories for bad inquiries, found however nothing.

On my way back I threw a letzen view of the IC over the entrance, it to time which I learned with the new programs to deal, to train thus off, first times again into the Sewers, I say let myself the Aggies am around some become deadlier.

Because then I could myself dare soon into the DOY network.

Ton continued.

babelfish translations rock :)

numb
12-08-04, 14:55
I dont understand all of it, but from what I can make out of hacknet it sounds pretty good ;)

Archeus
12-08-04, 15:29
I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet but so far I have seen nothing that we don't already know (FREs aside).

Also I would prefer if the beta players were testing the game and reporting issues rather then an advertisment thinly veiled as prose.

So outside the shown demos, what else is new? How is faction wars handled for example?

I don't want to start playing to find beta2 players using advantages/exploits in the game like what happened in beta/retail.

coppertop
12-08-04, 15:59
We adressed lots of NC 1 issues and succeeded in solving these problems. Believe it or not. We still have lots of small things to fix, balance or polish but we are convinced to adress all this issues within the deadline.

This is not a flame or whine, I am honestly interested in the answer.

If the problems were solved why was the current NC not patched up?.

With regards to the deadline, the silence is killing me. Has the release date been pushed back or is it still september 1st?.

Archeus
12-08-04, 16:01
If the problems were solved why was the current NC not patched up?.

AFAIR a lot of the FRE factors are memory related, and the graphics for NC1 are processed in memory rather then your graphics card. With NC2 this wont be the case.

jini
12-08-04, 16:17

WHY should anyone be in ANY doubt Thanatos? You say it so WE believe you. You shouldn't allow any kind of uncertainness slip in your posts, or rumors will spread out once more...

@ benjie and KK: good job...

J. Folsom
12-08-04, 20:51
Nice read Benjie, looking forward to more of these.

PsynetNeo
12-08-04, 21:29
Thanks for the effort Benjie, i look forward to more info. Gives me something interesting to read while at work ;)

Cypher_Psy
12-08-04, 23:25
I really appreciate the effort you have gone to, to not only be one of the few to be in beta but also to take time out to release information to the rest of us that were wondering what is going on behind closed doors.

Then when this is posted, all some people can do is bring out the flamethrowers, start bitching and whining and start calling benjie names...
Why?
This smells of "I'm not in beta, I wanna be in it, wa wa wa" damn temper tantrums, grow up. There will be an OPEN beta soon enough to see for yourself what it is like.

I hope that there will be a beta diary#2 and that the flaming didn't put him off posting what has been our only up-to-date insight into the beta so far.

Kaden
12-08-04, 23:27
I really appreciate the effort you have gone to, to not only be one of the few to be in beta but also to take time out to release information to the rest of us that were wondering what is going on behind closed doors.

Then when this is posted, all some people can do is bring out the flamethrowers, start bitching and whining and start calling benjie names...
Why?
This smells of "I'm not in beta, I wanna be in it, wa wa wa" damn temper tantrums, grow up. There will be an OPEN beta soon enough to see for yourself what it is like.

I hope that there will be a beta diary#2 and that the flaming didn't put him off posting what has been our only up-to-date insight into the beta so far.

I agree.

Benjie
13-08-04, 00:24

Why?

Thanks Cypher. Your a old friend, and a good one. ;)

You know, I'm not sure there will be. I put a lot of effort into getting this thread out here for you guys, and the only reason I did it in the first place was in responce to the demand of information about Neocron II. At the end of the day, I am getting a lot of abuse for a lot of hard work trying to make you all happy, and I'm not sure I want to go through all that again. I'm sorry. :(

Sorontar
13-08-04, 00:36
Benje

As you're in the future mate can you let me know something ?

Are there scenes similar to the Wall Street crash, in NC ?

Are all the runners who have set businesses up diving from the very top of medicare in Plaza 1 onto the floor ?

Did I hit anyone when I made impact ?

Good diary by the way.

ezza
13-08-04, 00:56
You know, I'm not sure there will be. I put a lot of effort into getting this thread out here for you guys, and the only reason I did it in the first place was in responce to the demand of information about Neocron II. At the end of the day, I am getting a lot of abuse for a lot of hard work trying to make you all happy, and I'm not sure I want to go through all that again. I'm sorry. ahh come on benjie man, people aint pissed at you, there pissed at KK.

doesnt matter who posted it coudl of been MJS thanny snow hell even me, and the result would of been same.

i just want to see more screenys as the ones ive seen so far have sucked, some of the skins leave much to be desired

Benjie
13-08-04, 01:04
ahh come on benjie man, people aint pissed at you, there pissed at KK
No! People are not flaming Reakktor, I am getting so much abuse, both in the forums and in the game itself! People should realise that there was a three page thread about giving the community more information about Neocron II before I finally decided to write this diary, and then I sent it off to Reakktor to try and get it out here for you!
People are also calling me a fanboi for sticking up for Reakktor, but you really don't realise how much work they are putting into Neocron II. They are doing a damn fine job, and I defend them almost purely for that reason. They deserve praise, not flames! And if I defend Reakktor, then people flame me!

i just want to see more screenys as the ones ive seen so far have sucked, some of the skins leave much to be desired
As I mentioned before, Reakktor are re-doing all the model textures due to the communitys responce to the screenshots. They do not want to release any more screenshots untill the model textures are complete. Why is it that people only remember the bad times? I'm sure this peice of information will be forgotten the second you close the browser window.

I am not releasing another Diary. I will not put time and effort into something just to become subject to abuse.

ezza
13-08-04, 01:09
your choice, and i aint going off the screenys posted here of what i seen of the skins

Spermy
13-08-04, 01:10
I am not releasing another Diary. I will not put time and effort into something just to become subject to abuse.

Happy guys?!

HUH?

¬_¬

@ benjie

Sex j00 for the diary dude.

Sex j00 with droms =)

Richard Slade
13-08-04, 01:25
But Benjie boi we love you...
Make a diary on a site not related to the forum maybe?
I need it! Pleeeeeeease!!!

ezza
13-08-04, 01:27
But Benjie boi we love you...
Make a diary on a site not related to the forum maybe?
I need it! Pleeeeeeease!!!
he cant do that either, someone posted a screeny on another site and the person who took the shot originaly got banned from beta banned from forum and both his neo accounts banned