PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Newest Divix comes with a Trojan?

Crono
10-08-04, 18:45
Heya guys, yesterday and again today i tried downloading the newest free (the free one, not the Pro with addware support one) Divx from www.divx.com and when installing and disabeling all the crap it tried to give to u and then when its about to install norton stops it and tells me that it removed a "Download.Trojan" so i stop the instalation. i re downloadded and did the same to another computer. Same Norton report. I even let it finish installing on that one and it pops the removal window 1 more time beforee its through.

Is this just some stupid reportback part of the divx codec that norton is thinking is acually a trojan, or is Divs now installing even on the free one some sort of addware that acts in a way that Norton thinks is a virus, or maby the File on their server acually has a Trojan in it?

Found absoloutly no info on google about it (too floodded with trojan removers that "remove trojans from divx and many other file types" type advertisements)

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks

-Crono

rob444
10-08-04, 19:07
Probably one of Norton's famous screw up's as usual.

G.0.D.
10-08-04, 19:24
that or more divx spyware... fucking divx :mad:

Crono
10-08-04, 19:28
yea, rember back when the free version was acually free? :D

Ahh well, ill wait another day then re download and install it, just to make shure it wasnt a mesed up server file. Norton removes the threat it found anyways (weither it was malicious or just a function of the software)

-Crono

Agent L
10-08-04, 19:32
I downloaded it (5.2) from another site, as divx.com began to require rejestration (FU!) and avast antivir said nothing.

Marx
10-08-04, 20:22
It's a lovely bit of spyware, either that or something incredibly close to it as it was recognized by my copy of Ad-aware.

WebShock
11-08-04, 10:21
why get one codec when you can get em all here

get this dudes codec pack, its got everything you will ever need.

http://codecpack.elisoft.net/

if you need a translation PM me or use google translation tools

naimex
11-08-04, 13:16
dont act surprised, there are 3 different worms and 4 viruses that come automatically when you update windows from the windows update site.