PDA

View Full Version : D&D online looking good

Judge
10-08-04, 17:18
Been reading up on some stuff on D&D online and I must say... I'm both surprised and impressed. I thought that it would just turn into another everquest clone... but they seem to be going for a more interesting and exciting game type. No mention yet of how PvP is going to work (which will be a huge decider for me, and I guess alot of you) but from reading what it was said about the movement (WSAD) and the PvM system, it sounds like it could be a good mix of level and skill (hmmm.... remind you of any other games?).

Anyway, I cba to link directly... but just check out the articles on MMORPG.com and on gamespy. It looks awesome. :D

Siygess
10-08-04, 17:24
Judge, your signature rocks. Heck, Minsc rocks.

"Ahhh...we are all heroes. You, Boo and I.Hamsters and rangers everywhere! Rejoice!"

greendonkeyuk
10-08-04, 17:32
Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes! RUCK!

Hehe

aye D+D does like good, its another one on my "to watch" list.

nobby
10-08-04, 17:33
the fook is D+D?

Judge
10-08-04, 17:35
D&D is like... the original Pen and Paper roleplaying game. Its pretty cool that they are making an MMORPG out of it. Just so long as its not like the fucking movie.... *shudders*

Richard Slade
10-08-04, 17:39
D&D is like... the original Pen and Paper roleplaying game. Its pretty cool that they are making an MMORPG out of it. Just so long as its not like the fucking movie.... *shudders*
RAther the most revolutionary PnP game cuz of the rules and all.

nobby
10-08-04, 18:45
how....erm....different......ill leave..

Roc-a-fella
10-08-04, 19:03
It may be looking good, but if you play it you'll still be called a Nerd no matter how could Dungeons and Dragons can be... Because its the most oldschool Nerd game

BlackwooD
10-08-04, 20:00
the fook is D+D?

roflmao

Spermy
10-08-04, 20:50
NWN is my fave.

Sod DnD. I doubt it could compare to it.

And I KNOW! NWN is based on the DnD rule system!

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 21:31
I had tons more fun with BG2 than NWN. Which surprised me, considering 3rd edition rules seem so much better.

Sorontar
10-08-04, 21:49
I'm not sure about the 'instanced' wilderness and the small population that they aim for.

When you are travelling from A to B it seems to be an instanced wilderness that only you and your party are in. So you cannot meet other players whilst exploring.

Also all the mini - sites are going to be instanced , which although cuts down on server pressures lowers the numbers.

From what I can gather they are aiming at populations that are not much more than Pluto.

Also its going to use the new world Eberron which although I haven't seen to much of I took an instant dislike to. Just rubbed me up the wrong way somehow.

Isn't Middle Earth Online due out as well ?

bounty
10-08-04, 23:59
Been reading up on some stuff on D&D online and I must say... I'm both surprised and impressed. I thought that it would just turn into another everquest clone... but they seem to be going for a more interesting and exciting game type. No mention yet of how PvP is going to work (which will be a huge decider for me, and I guess alot of you) but from reading what it was said about the movement (WSAD) and the PvM system, it sounds like it could be a good mix of level and skill (hmmm.... remind you of any other games?).

Anyway, I cba to link directly... but just check out the articles on MMORPG.com and on gamespy. It looks awesome. :D

I would never admit to liking a game based around or having anything close to do with DnD. No offense but thats a whole realm of nerdiness i never want to touch. Thats not just brain nerdy, thats like, poor hygiene, i haven't bathed in 5 months and haven't seen daylight in half a year nerdy.

Judge
11-08-04, 00:37
Wow.... some people have some serious prejudices about D&D, no?

So you're not going to play a fun game, because you might be called a nerd? Don't you think that you'll be called a nerd whatever MMORPG you play?

Morganth
11-08-04, 01:09
D+D Online (http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/ddonline/)

:p

bounty
11-08-04, 01:12
Wow.... some people have some serious prejudices about D&D, no?

So you're not going to play a fun game, because you might be called a nerd? Don't you think that you'll be called a nerd whatever MMORPG you play?

I take it you've never been to a gencon gaming event? I'm not being prejudice at all, its a fact that many have horrible hygiene. Your nose will never be the same.

But in all honestly i was just joking around and using stereotypes to try and be humerous (key word there is try). I'm sure its a lot of fun.

Judge
11-08-04, 01:29
Yeah... I suppose that my hygene isn't the best in the world.... hehe....

My cat just sat up in my lap, smelt my hair (which is long) then fell on his back with his mouth open. Cocky little bastard.

Dribble Joy
11-08-04, 01:43
Magic is impressive, but now.. Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!!

MkVenner
11-08-04, 02:51
hehe minsc rocks..."ooh i need a bigger sword"...but n e way...yeah D&D online looks sweet, cant find much on it tho...

Ascension
11-08-04, 03:11
Minsc and Boo pwn :p :lol: man that game was fun, I lan played it with a few peeps..

Sovellis
11-08-04, 03:31
Forget the D&D game - NWN 2 is now in development and is set for 2006 I believe. It will be worth the wait.

Morganth
11-08-04, 03:42
Forget the D&D game - NWN 2 is now in development and is set for 2006 I believe. It will be worth the wait.

Funnily enough Neverwinter Nights is set in a D+D world (Forgotten Realms I think), so somehow I think there will be quite a few differences between D+D online and NVN2/BG2/ID.

Shadow Dancer
11-08-04, 05:34

OMG where did you get this info?

MkVenner
11-08-04, 05:51
Im so used to all the D&D games being set in the Fogotten realms that if D&D online isnt it'll be a little weird lol

Sheba
11-08-04, 08:14
I would never admit to liking a game based around or having anything close to do with DnD. No offense but thats a whole realm of nerdiness i never want to touch. Thats not just brain nerdy, thats like, poor hygiene, i haven't bathed in 5 months and haven't seen daylight in half a year nerdy.

I must admit when I first started the game when I was 14 or so it was with some extreme geeks, but hell at the time I was having a blast so I did not give a shit.
Later when I picked the game back up it was with a really good group ages 18-40ish 6-8 of us total we played every friday or saturday for at least 8 hours normally. It was great fun and some of the guys and gals that played were not of the geek or nerd persuasion they were what would be termed as "hot"!
So if you think all D&D players are "nerds" well you are missing out on some very hot and funny RPing....those that have played know exactly what I am talking about! ;)

Benjie
11-08-04, 08:24
http://nwvault.ign.com/thegame/screens/NWN2/Atari_July_NWN2_Street_info.jpg

OMG where did you get this info?
The Neverwinter Vault is your basic souce of all NWN related information. (http://nwvault.ign.com/NWN2/)

Actually the same stereotype used to apply for anyone who used/enjoyed computers at home. Take a look at me, I enjoy the AD+D games, and I'm incredibally sexy and obsessed with clothes shopping.

Ryuben
11-08-04, 09:27
Actually the same stereotype used to apply for anyone who used/enjoyed computers at home. Take a look at me, I enjoy the AD+D games, and I'm incredibally sexy and obsessed with clothes shopping.
and has a small ego too :rolleyes:

Benjie
11-08-04, 09:34
and has a small ego too :rolleyes:
Not at all! I am damn hot. You can put it down to 'ego' if you want, but I know I am simply speaking the truth. ;)

Shadow Dancer
11-08-04, 10:09
You go Benjie! Ryuben is just jealous.

Birkoff
11-08-04, 10:15
You go Benjie! Ryuben is just jealous.

Either that or Benjie is a retard..... I know what I'd put my vote on

Sovellis
11-08-04, 12:46
You want it, you got it

http://www.pczone.co.uk/news/news_story.php?id=107695

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/

peace

mdares
11-08-04, 18:29
BG(1 or 2) > NWN...

dunno i just really liked BG... NWN was a bit, well dunno but i thought it was lackin a bit of something that BG had...

DD online looks pretty neat tho...

so whos gonna go and make a tank mage >_<

=p

Judge
11-08-04, 18:50
Yeah... NWN was definitely lacking the humour and something else that BG had. For some reason my NWN discs aren't letting me install.... little fuckers, I want to play through again.

Sovellis
11-08-04, 19:50
NWN was never intended to be a massive single player game like the BG/IWD series were. The focus on NWN was for modders, online gamers, multiplayer experiences, and that was what it was.

It would of been even bigger if they hadnt delayed it by like a year. Sort of like DOY in a way... but thats a different topic all together.

NWN2 looks set to be awesome

Judge
11-08-04, 20:46
Bah! I just isntalled NWN, started playing it... 30 mins later it fucking well crashes. ARGH! No save. Fuck!

I hate my life sometimes.

Sheba
11-08-04, 21:03
Bah! I just isntalled NWN, started playing it... 30 mins later it fucking well crashes. ARGH! No save. Fuck!

I hate my life sometimes.

I had issues with that game as well, I ended up having to shut down all non essential background programs. Think msconfig is the easiest way to do this.
Good Luck.