PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport]Transporter

garyu69
10-08-04, 12:48
How about something for a trader to allow them to carry a hell of a lot more than they can. So many times i have to spend ages taking parts from a shop to a gogo back and forth just to get all the parts together because i can't carry them all.

Then i will have to build them in small batches because if i try to build say a batch of 100 the end result is 100 weapons or whatever which i cannot move with and will not fit in a gogo.

How about something like a special Backpack or even a wheel barrow. Anything that will allow a trader to carry immense amounts.

Capt. Rik
10-08-04, 12:55
yep, good idea

It would be handy for my HC PE to carry vehicle ammo around in.

eldiabloz
10-08-04, 13:02
Yes cool :)

NaKoth
10-08-04, 13:03
This been talked over so many times, but its good to remind KK again.

Things i would like to see with that transport device (whatever it would be) are:

1. If stored in gogo, it has to be empty or contain 10% of its maximum space (to prevent storing all your earthly belongings to gogo)

2. Once the device is in use, character will have absolutely
-no fighting skills
-no TC (for stealth)
-agility/atheltics dropped to 30 (so that you cannot run around like a mad man with it, and perhaps additional prodection/bodyguards are needed)

3. If character dies, the device, with all of its content will be dropped
-is hackable (high skill requirement)

4. If the device is left somewhere
-is hackable
-will destroy itself in 5 hours (or whatever)

5. Different variations
-TL 100 (some x amount of space, needs 100 hack skill atleast to hack)
-TL 150 (same idea as above, but more room in it and more skill needed)

The hacking... would be great if lets say one hacker, could only open the device, to loot it.
if 2 hackers work together (dont ask me how :) ) they could get the possibility to "take control" of the device.

These hacking possibilities could create interesting situations. Also they could help on situations when owner looses net connection or whatever and the clan/friends have to recover the device in the time limit before it destroys itself.

edit: about the self destroy, it could decade all the time when it is in use. So that before teh 5 hours of use is full , you have to repair it or it will go "poof".

garyu69
10-08-04, 13:12
That all sounds great, the one thing i wouldn't really like is it destroying itself after a certain period of time. I would cry if that happened and inside where hundreds of parts.

The hacking of it sounds good though and you could imagine a team hacking it then needing more people to actually loot it because everything inside would be too heavy.

With a transporter like this you could even have traders walking around like a market stall. Someone could carry one around full of every drug, or another with all wep parts. etc. It would be awesome.

Capt. Rik
10-08-04, 13:13
I remember an old thread suggesting that vehicles had some sort of storage space built into them as well (kind of like a car boot)

NaKoth
10-08-04, 13:17
Vehicles with storage is a good idea also, but it would exclude too many people I think. Vehicles cannot be taken inside (rooms, cities etc) so that could be a problem also.

garyu69
10-08-04, 13:17
I remember an old thread suggesting that vehicles had some sort of storage space built into them as well (kind of like a car boot)
Vehicles definetly need boot space. Like you said with your PE, you could do with somewhere to hold ammo when you are out.

Imagine a mass OP war with loads of people that goes on for a while but people start to run out of ammo, some guy could drive up in their APC and supply the troops. That would be great.

Capt. Rik
10-08-04, 13:20
Or introduce the white transit van into NC - reqs vhc 5 (white van driver's are the worst in the world)

Can hold the equivalent of 5 gogo's worth of items

:lol: :lol:

Agent L
10-08-04, 14:07
Porter Machina Glove:
+100 TRA : )

greendonkeyuk
10-08-04, 14:15
Porter Machina Glove:
+100 TRA : )

Ding we have a winner. Taking nothing away from the original thread starter as i liked where you were going with the ideas, like a magic bag from uo but hackable. Thats cool and all but for ease of implementation this idea pips it at the post.

NaKoth
10-08-04, 14:19
The glove wouldnt work very well, because of the 200 item limit.

(Never played UO, and it doesent need to be " a magic bag", it can be a mechanical one :) )

greendonkeyuk
10-08-04, 14:27
i thought the item limit was 250? but anyway yeah a neocybergothichaxx0r bag then, whatever it is its the same concept. :) The simplicity and ease of implementation is what made me warm to the idea, in a perfect world with bottomless pits of money and a trained army of developers/play testers then yeah id rather see a hackable box, (ammo boxes type thing), and you could have say 2 or 3 security levels in it so youd need multiple hackers (the same as ops) and it would be all good. Particularly come doy with the safe zone removal, traders are going to need to transport their wares to and from their shops and the parts to and from crytons. So yeah if this idea was post doy id say yeah a big thumbs up. As it is now id like something like this before then thats all, which is where the glove idea is better.

NaKoth
10-08-04, 14:44
@ greendonkeyuk
Yea, I know what you mean and sort of agree with all you say.

But then again, this is brainport, so free flow of ideas is welcome I think. Many things in this game could be done in a simple way, but it would not add as much to the gameplay. Finding the balance between the two things is always a question.

back to topic... umm, I was thinking about the bag comment and how silly it does sound. But are there any other options, I mean a hovering (wheel) barrow would have to be quite small... I cannot imagine how it would work if one had to go up in Gravilift with 5x7 meters transport-platform-thingy. O_o

garyu69
11-08-04, 10:09
could have so used a transported last night.

Had 100 TL79 Gat Rifle BP's

Each BP needed a Wep part 4, 5, 6, 9.

all in all a hell of a lot of weight, so much so that i couldn't hold all of them. I stood at my gogo in my Clan Apt and had to take them out in bathes of 25.

But then as i was weighed down with them all there was no possible way of getting them to a shop to sell, so i threw them on the ground which then resulted in them dissapearing.

how crap. :wtf:

Spermy
11-08-04, 11:52
Aye, was mass producing WP 10s with my tank, but could only carry enough parts for like, 15 WP10s, Ho hum. Ah well a good lot of security turrets for the rangers - in the unlikely event were all on to actually USE them! :lol:

Kidding fellow ranger types. :p

wayoc
11-08-04, 14:51
I like the 2 aspects:

A "tool" for barters, to encourage the chain of crafting, which allows this mass transportation and delivery (comes along with a paperboylike cap ;) )
Usable with reqs in BRT. I like the different ideas already given at the begining of the thread.

The transport vehicles usable outdoor are really needed too, to allow real team hunting and give a sense to those who are "just" drivers in helping their community.
Could be an add on to troopers for example.

MO2C

Spermy
11-08-04, 14:54
Yeah, like a hunting wagon, a 4x4 that people might be able to shoot at, with maybe a cabinet as a trailer? That way, clicking on the vehicle gives you the standard access menu, but the trailer gives the standard Cabinet inventory menu =) if it's possible to code a cabinet that can move. Possibly have it as a trader style coding so it would be easy to register it as a moving entity???

mishkin
11-08-04, 16:10
A transporter-drone perhaps :D

Big ones and small ones of course... bigger ones sold by the ASG-shoppes, and they need no skill to use, follow you around anywhere (until you leave a zone) ;)

SorkZmok
11-08-04, 17:03
Wonderful idea.

How about "tradeskill" bone implants that give lots of transport?

Spermy
11-08-04, 18:06
on tradeskills , how bout a rare chip? adding to all tradeskills?

ichinin
11-08-04, 20:04
Cool, should make it like a domesticated Marsh Hippo or some Companion NPC.. Very usefull stuff.

seraphian
11-08-04, 20:04
As to the rare tradeskill chip, they already have the Special Science and MC-5 Hawking, what more do you want?

Barter implants would be nice (to encourage people to actually spec some of it)

The way I see it there are 2 kinds of tradeskills: Open-ended tradeskills and breakpoint tradeskills

Open ended ones are ones where as many points as you can sink into it are needed, like construct and research primarily, repair might be classified as open-ended too because the more you have the less condidtion damage you do.

Breakpoint skills are the ones where you don't need more than 100-130 points to get maximum effectiveness (or at least the most you'll ever use). Implant is the classic example, you'll never use more than 115 points of it total, smae with hack, after you can hack an OP with ease, you don't need any more. Barter and recycle may fall into here because although techically you can take all the points you want, the return is VERY diminishing after the break, IE there's no reason to have 200 recycle.

Giving implants for the breakpoint skills would allow people to take 2 of them at once if they were pure tradeskill, which I think would be very helpful. A combination barterer-repper-constructor-poker would be a hell of a combo for a clan-support character.