PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Economy [Wow...]

40$Poser
10-08-04, 06:47
So I'm sitting on Trade-NC looking for a Special Forces CPU. I get a DM

I get told

You can have the SF for 2 hercules parts

I reply with a big 0_o

Really did make me think, is there no end in sight for the economy of saturn getting worse? Or am I just cheap for not having 2 hercules parts for an implant that's dropped by various mobs?

I dunno, but I figured I'd post/ask... cause I was shocked at such a demand. (and yes he was being serious)

DonnyJepp
10-08-04, 06:49
that's ridiculous. Just trade for the parts you need.

That's not a sign of anything but an idiot on the trade channel (not you).

40$Poser
10-08-04, 06:50
that's ridiculous. Just trade for the parts you need.

That's not a sign of anything but an idiot on the trade channel (not you).

Ya, I guess I'm going to have to resort to piece by piece oh well. Glad I'm not the only one that thought that was a bit harsh

SorkZmok
10-08-04, 06:52
I`m leveling a char on jupiter at the moment. If i dont offer rareparts, people ignore me. I had to pay rareparts for fucking everything. Money doesnt mean shit there.
o_O

40$Poser
10-08-04, 07:11
I`m leveling a char on jupiter at the moment. If i dont offer rareparts, people ignore me. I had to pay rareparts for fucking everything. Money doesnt mean shit there.
o_O

yeah I learned that quickly myself, got my Marine there for, I think, 12 UGS/Unressed parts

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 07:44
The economy on saturn is outrageous. I couldn't buy anything with money. Well except stuff from the store. :p

MrTrip
10-08-04, 08:50
The common attitude there is that rare parts > money. Money will buy you nothing but ammunition and such and you can gain money from slaying mobs. Rare parts give you new weapons and such for crap you don't need. Isint trade supposed to be trading ITEMS? And not Money? Anyway...you could have all the money in the world there (20 mil cap + some in stock x) and still be one of the poorest players. :(

Original monk
10-08-04, 08:51
think that particular person was trying to rip you off ya know, 2 herc parts, tell em to stick he's sf-cpu in euh, back in he's euh, gogo

Glok
10-08-04, 09:16
I don't know about that. I got my SF on saturn for 4 mill, my SS for 3.5, a speed gat, BoH, all my trades gloves for cash. I'm actually getting quite fond of saturn, stuff is so easy to get. 8|

ichinin
10-08-04, 09:33
I try to trade parts i want to get rid of to other parts.. but since Pluto is a small community and as a tradeskiller/merchant you probably dont want to be percieved as greedy in such a community, so sometimes i DO sell the parts.. Friends usually end up getting parts for free.. and they usually give me parts i want back.

giga191
10-08-04, 09:48
I've been told that there are still a few people earning money by exploiting which is prolly what is causing the inflation.

garyu69
10-08-04, 10:07
So what is it that makes the economy on saturn so shite?

WebShock
10-08-04, 10:15
There are uses for money

Construction
Research
pokes
grease/lubes
peep shows
gene reping
store bought shit like psi boosters
drugs (omghax 11k for 1 psi drug 0.o)

You can still buy rare stuff for money. You just have to be patient and find the right person. People are selling rare shit for insane prices because there are people out there who are willing to pay those prices.

messed up but true :/

I made 30 mil in 1 day on selling rare weapons that i would just give to some noob.

Ascension
10-08-04, 10:25
well.. A fellow clan mate of mine sold a psi core for something close to 14 mil,
I can remember buying my psi-core on pluto about a year and a half ago and it cost me 600 k O_o

Xadhoom
10-08-04, 10:30
we need more droners on saturn.. droners are expensive like hell. They will waste all the money for raptors and stuff .p

/abner

WebShock
10-08-04, 10:42
abner!!!! if you are broke feel free to sell me some of your stash of raptors!!!!!einsone111!!!!

tad

CarniFlex
10-08-04, 11:09
jupiter has it quite cool with a base of economy of ug's. everything counts towards that. Saturn doesnt have anything like it, or rather the base of economy is so "inflated" that the base sums are ridiculously high (like mc5 parts for regular chips etc). How do you fix it? inflation perhaps...

And giga191 dont scream exploit if you belief so, believing is done in church, rest of time outside we either know or dont know.

(damn swedish sayings dont translate good)

ezza
10-08-04, 12:19
some reason people have a over inflated opinion of the worth of a SF on saturn, i remeber when i was buying mine, some guy was wanting all sort for it, so i just said cya a min or so later his demands dropped conciderably.

this game has a fair few morons who are more than happy to screw the ecomony for personal gain, and who can blame them when some idiots actually pay it.

saturns economy is still suffering from players who had used various means to make vast amounts of money, legal or otherwise.

you only have to look at the list of players who have treble million figure bank accounts

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 12:22
some reason people have a over inflated opinion of the worth of a SF on saturn, i remeber when i was buying mine, some guy was wanting all sort for it, so i just said cya a min or so later his demands dropped conciderably.

this game has a fair few morons who are more than happy to screw the ecomony for personal gain, and who can blame them when some idiots actually pay it.

saturns economy is still suffering from players who had used various means to make vast amounts of money, legal or otherwise.

you only have to look at the list of players who have treble million figure bank accounts

Jests suggestion, wipe everything that isnt in a players GoGu, only way.

Until then, you will just have to tell people where to shove it, theres always players who are genuine sellers who sell for reasonable prices.

@ abner, isa's running low on raptors- throw me some ;)

ezza
10-08-04, 12:26
i guess i could live with being able to just keep whats inmy gogo.

its rare that i really need to use my money so i wont miss my 6millions that much.

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 12:29
i guess i could live with being able to just keep whats inmy gogo.

its rare that i really need to use my money so i wont miss my 6millions that much.

I blew 80million afew weeks ago, dont ask me what on, im down to 2million on Koro, 300 credits on kaolin, 200k on Isa, and 340k on kreole..

Wipe on cash- no problem do that myself :p

ezza
10-08-04, 12:36
well ive never had 80 mill to blow, never occured to me to exploit the APCs or anything like that tbh, so all my cash is from hunting or a small amount from item sales.

tho i admit i do have access to a massive amount of cash that the yamma nib kindly donated to clan fund :D

thou i got nothing i need to spent it on.

if i want to get more CS/rav/dev parts i trade part for part.

Original monk
10-08-04, 12:57
I blew 80million afew weeks ago, dont ask me what on

i think it was that spirit mod not ? btw i didnt read anything on trade or anything, havent been on that much ya see, yust a guess :)

jernau
10-08-04, 12:57
There will always be some muppet trying to pull a fast one. Just don't pay it, someone will turn up sooner or later with a realistic offer.

btw - what's a "UG"?

Judge
10-08-04, 13:24
Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing Jernau... just didn't want to sound too noobish by asking. :p

evs
10-08-04, 13:30
OMFG DO YUO NOT KNOW WHAT A UG IS?!!!!!11111ONELEVEN

HAHAHA OMG LOOOOOOOOLLL NIIIBBBSSSSSS

i have no idea either.

SjanTeN^
10-08-04, 13:34
Theres _nothing_ wrong with the economy on saturn, sometimes you get a DM from some jerks, shit happends thats all. Saturn is the server with the higest server population means a lot of people play there = more techs are found, which means the price get high.

evs
10-08-04, 13:37
a lot of people play there = more techs are found, which means the price get high.

By that token prices should be driven DOWN.

Simple formula

People > Decent Techs = High Price.

CarniFlex
10-08-04, 14:52
ug is german for ungeresste (spelling not included) unresearched. For some weird reason theyre selling ug's not ugt's or ugp's...

Xadhoom
10-08-04, 15:28
I just made some cash by selling FH2s.. gonna construct a few raptors soon, like 300 or 400 ^^

well, koro.. when phoenix mercs stop spamming me with exploit accusations, I will throw u sum =P Its pain in the ass to construct all drones for all droners in clan.. hard thing to support other ppl with it too :(

jernau
10-08-04, 15:29
Thanks Carni.

Selendor
10-08-04, 15:47
The economy is in its final stages, since Saturn will cease to exist in its current form shortly we won't have to worry about this problem. And if, in all likelihood, there is some kind of wipe (even if its just clan funds) it should bring prices into line.

In fact I'm glad I stopped hunting over a year ago because with the rare part drop nerf it wouldn't be much fun to be collecting parts these days I'd imagine.

What will be interesting is the effect on the economy of any announcement by KK about NC2 migration, there's either gonna be a scramble or a firesale, perhaps this is one of the reasons they have kept schtum.

Spermy
10-08-04, 16:13
Well either way there are people on all servers ready to take advantage of it, just to be sure =) ah well.

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 17:14
For the spirit mod myself and a friend traded about 5, 5 slot rares, Slashers, First Loves, Holy Lightings etc, all unmodded and unussed, and yes, some cash! DOH!

@ abner, no worries
+ ;)

Judge
10-08-04, 17:30
Theres _nothing_ wrong with the economy on saturn,

You just keep telling yourself that....

Saturn is the server with the higest server population means a lot of people play there = more techs are found, which means the price get high.

Interesting theory... shame its bullshit. More techs are found, which means higher supply, which means lower prices. However more people means more demand and thus higher prices.... it all depends on how large the population is, in comparison to how many techs there are floating around.... the main problem is that there are technically infinite techs floating around, which is why techs are as flawed as credits are in the economy.

greendonkeyuk
10-08-04, 17:40
You just keep telling yourself that....

Interesting theory... shame its bullshit. More techs are found, which means higher supply, which means lower prices. However more people means more demand and thus higher prices.... it all depends on how large the population is, in comparison to how many techs there are floating around.... the main problem is that there are technically infinite techs floating around, which is why techs are as flawed as credits are in the economy.

tbh if more people went rare hunting and were prepared to sell/swap the more lucrative parts with each other then prices "should" come down. As you rightly said judge, when the hoarders come on and want insane amounts of money/items for particular piece of cyberware then prices rise both in monetary terms and in trade value terms.

The problem is pvm is boring as hell so many people will wait for someone else to get the part and then try to buy/trade it. If pvm was actually challenging to a capped char (outside of mc5) then you would perhaps see more people doing it and hence more parts. As it is mc5 is the most challenging part of the game and so people want the most for their mc5 parts.

Bottom line if it aint fun, it aint done.

Marx
10-08-04, 17:51
Bottom line if it aint fun, it aint done.
Not true. We have that benefit, but like just about every MMO out there... PvM is generally always boring, and generally always mandatory well after cap. Money is needed to support things in every single game... Except Neocron.

Charge for OP's, Apartment taxes, etc. I think you'd see more people out hunting, which would mean more parts coming in... Which would also make for lowered cost.

Eventually those people with large cash deposits will lose it whether it be through taxation or from purchasing goods (i.e. funiture). When they do, they will need to start working on rebuilding it, or supporting it.

Promethius
10-08-04, 18:05
There are uses for money

Construction
Research
pokes
grease/lubes
peep shows
gene reping
store bought shit like psi boosters
drugs (omghax 11k for 1 psi drug 0.o)

You can still buy rare stuff for money. You just have to be patient and find the right person. People are selling rare shit for insane prices because there are people out there who are willing to pay those prices.

messed up but true :/

I made 30 mil in 1 day on selling rare weapons that i would just give to some noob.

I sold 1 tiger blood for 10 mil. I was quite the happy.

-Prom

40$Poser
10-08-04, 18:09
nevermind this

jernau
10-08-04, 18:17
should bring prices into line.
You need to define that - the prices are "in line" at the moment - supply and demand sets prices so as long as people are trading, which they are, the prices are clearly optimal for the market.

What will be interesting is the effect on the economy of any announcement by KK about NC2 migration, there's either gonna be a scramble or a firesale, perhaps this is one of the reasons they have kept schtum.
That's easy - KK admit to any kind of wipe and Saturn has as many people on it as Pluto overnight and with no marketing to bring in new people their only revenue stream will be selling off the office furniture to passers-by.

mdares
11-08-04, 18:36
i remember the good ol days on sat... when i got my psi core for 500k... marine for similar... HLs/FAs went for 100k-200k (4 slots ea)...

these days they rise up into the 6 figures... luckily i'm a hoarding whore and gots all teh stuff i'll ever need... (hope its all still there... havent logged in for months...)

Inchenzo
11-08-04, 18:57
the lowest price i ever paid for a artifact Special Forces CPU was 65k, that was at the same time that these babies were sold for 1/2 mill on saturn.

But that's about 1 year ago...

SypH
11-08-04, 19:04
If people are stupid enough to pay stupid prices, then of course people will be willing to let them. God knows I would. I was selling a 0 slot Holy Lightning a while back, and I was expecting 500k tops. First offer I got was 3 million! I would have felt bad taking that much, but at the same time if he was willing to pay so much I was happy to take it, so I comprimised at 2 million and made it look like a bagain:) And on the other hand, last night I gave away a marine just because I happened to have one lying about doing nothing.

alig
11-08-04, 19:06
Maybe my math will be wrong here but anyway...

There are 5 MC5 chips consisting of 6 parts per chip = 30/6 chance of getting a herc part. One mob drops the part 100% of the time on death and there are 2 commanders.

There is WAY to many rare parts to even start counting but id say the chance of getting a low part is 3/1 plus its random from normal mobs then add the at least 75/5 chance of it being an SF part anyway it makes the mc5 parts alot less rare just not as easy to hunt for.

Original monk
11-08-04, 20:30
I sold 1 tiger blood for 10 mil. I was quite the happy.

-Prom

probably to angeldustbe4 :) he gets nuts over em, if anyone still knows someone with tigerblood bottles give em a call :)

ezza
11-08-04, 20:53
lol ive just remembered way back when buying a fire apoc for 200k, now recently for a friend i bought a fire apoc for over 3million, jez talk about inflation