PDA

View Full Version : Servers Need Rebooting

Promethius
10-08-04, 04:47
Title explains it well. Log in 0 money 0 SL bug. Log in stuck in synch. Log to pluto stuck in synch. restart. Log in stuck in synch.....eventually get in but can't pull out weapons, I zoned and got stuck in synch.

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this.

Reboot plz.

-Prom

Mobius
10-08-04, 04:50
Title explains it well. Log in 0 money 0 SL bug. Log in stuck in synch. Log to pluto stuck in synch. restart. Log in stuck in synch.....eventually get in but can't pull out weapons, I zoned and got stuck in synch.

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this.

Reboot plz.

-Prom

nope, i get it too.. first i thought it was because of my friends uplink (i just moved my 'puter to his house) but now, when u say this i'm pretty sure it's not. then again.. it might be Saturn hehe.. the only server that provides turn-based neocron

Mr_Snow
10-08-04, 05:49
All the servers are approaching unplayable at this point, nobody knows why other then maybe KK who are staying quiet on the whole matter but the major lag started roughly around the time the beta started.

Mobius
10-08-04, 05:54
my very qualified guess is: they have poured mustard into the servers and lit them on fire.

Mr_Snow
10-08-04, 05:59
Better guess is that they are too busy with the beta to feed the hamsters or have the hamsters running the beta server aswell as the retail ones.Oh and the large size of beta patchs could be a possibility with people downloading alot of stuff too.

40$Poser
10-08-04, 07:33
one of those mutated gigantic evil hamsters was purchased and is now running rampid through level 3 causing mass chaos would be my guess

Mobius
10-08-04, 07:36
hmm.. perhaps the hamsters ate the (extra strong chili-)mustard and cought on fire.. and... stopped running..... mommy, what is that red stuff coming out of the hamster? alt: i like it when the red water comes out....

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 07:40
I kept getting stuck in sync on pluto, so I just logged off.

40$Poser
10-08-04, 07:42

hmm looking at my list of excuses, I'd say that it's a tuesday, and we all know any day that ends in a Y features long synchs?!?!? (lol)

Errr :(

Ryuben
10-08-04, 09:06
heh maybe Beta is takeing up too much of the servers b/w + stability.

And cos beta is running on it they don't want to restart them :p

notneo
10-08-04, 09:15
maybe kk think why bother with the old servers as they just forked out how much for new hardware for doy??

mishkin
10-08-04, 11:44
The problem is that they're taking more and more parts from the old servers to get the beta one running stable :D

This would explain why this started right around beta.. :p

Hippieman
10-08-04, 11:46
MJS is just pissed he couldn't get a new Rolex this month so he is trying to get us to pay more for stablity. Damn I'm good at guessing plans!

garyu69
10-08-04, 11:51
I had some crazy bugs last night. at one point i nearly threw a hissy fit after being bugged so many times then zoning, FRE'ing, logging back in to be in the middle of the zone with 8 y-reps looking at me and loads of belts around, then dying :(

Luckily i didn't drop anything too good.

CarniFlex
10-08-04, 11:51
Im guessing hippieman will dissappear in a black mercedes with some germans with KK logo on their backs a dark rainy night...

Candaman
10-08-04, 12:10
they are too busy doing a event for all anti city people screw the little people huh

evs
10-08-04, 12:17
Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread but I was stuck in sync

:D

Promethius
10-08-04, 17:23

Not sure if KK realizes this cause and effect trend.

Lag = people log off

lag day in and day out for months = log off NC permanently

-Prom