PDA

View Full Version : Catastrophic Synch Error

Blargius
10-08-04, 01:40
Remember back in beta when sometimes if you died you would not be able to Recover your inventory from the GR? That happened to me again a day ago. Luckily I didn't have any rares on me, and only lost some nib guns, PA1, and WB implants. I replaced it all pretty quickly and only had to make a trip to foster to replace the PA.

My question is.. does this happen often? And how can I avoid encountering this bug.

It would be very discouraging to lose my stuff if it was rare or expensive.

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 01:41
Never happened to me once, never.

Im not even sure what causes it, always seems around laggy days

Jock Rockwell
10-08-04, 01:44
Its happened to me twice. Both after OP fights where the lag was hideous and other well known issues (nameless PEs, unable to buff etc) were also very frequent throughout.

I reported the 1st incident, I got 100k :rolleyes: Needless to say I couldn't be arsed reporting it when it happened to me again.

Celt
10-08-04, 02:24
Remember back in beta when sometimes if you died you would not be able to Recover your inventory from the GR? That happened to me again a day ago. Luckily I didn't have any rares on me, and only lost some nib guns, PA1, and WB implants. I replaced it all pretty quickly and only had to make a trip to foster to replace the PA.

My question is.. does this happen often? And how can I avoid encountering this bug.

It would be very discouraging to lose my stuff if it was rare or expensive.It's fairly rare, but by no means unknown(I think I've seen 6 or 7 threads about people having it in the last month)

..i..DemonX
10-08-04, 02:26

It would be very discouraging to lose my stuff if it was rare or expensive.

A buddy of me was have this once, lost kidna expesive stuff in it tough. But as there was no way to prove it he wont get anything back :(
Gues to many ppl just used it to dupe stuff etc.

Melkior
10-08-04, 03:06
happened to me about 3 weeks ago...fun ^^

Original monk
10-08-04, 09:02
happend to me once in early retail, luckely never again after that :)

Ryuben
10-08-04, 09:05
only ever happened to me once...and thats with about 2 + years playing so ;) i won't expect it to happen to you again ;p

mishkin
10-08-04, 11:38
Ahaha, this happened to me twice yesterday on saturn... got killed, tried tog get my backpack back, and it said "No backpacks that belong to you were found", so I gred back to where I died, and tried getting it. Said "You have to wait a little longer to perform this action", so I waited 10 seconds, then saw the backpack disappear into thin air... so I went back to the gr, and this time it worked :D

Was kinda freaked out there O_o