PDA

View Full Version : Boost the ARS suit!

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 19:50
For serious. As it stands every spy out there just uses rifle/pistol PA because other than CityAdmin armour, there's no good alternative. Nothing as interesting as the various tank armour setups. So why not boost the Tangent Anti-Radiation Suit? Sure, it gives 200 XRR, but nowadays we know that doesn't really have anything over PA3 or 4. Why not give it a teeny-tiny bit of force/piercing and energy? Say the equivalent of adding a Duranium-1 vest to it. Anything to escape the attack of the PAs!

Next: Don't make the ARS show up on your character, or give it a different model. Woo.

Eddie
09-08-04, 19:56
Hah.. ARS(es) don't look any different to the Spy PA - so your argument is kinda void =)

But according to the storyline - it was a prototype - and by no means perfect - hell it shouldn't be available anymore anyway.

'fraid you'll have to come up with another way to fight off the invasion of the PAs.

Eddie

Redburn
09-08-04, 19:57
Make it look like one of those bright yellow anit-rad suits. :lol:

Shadow Dancer
09-08-04, 20:00
I wish kK would allow us to disable the PA on our appearance, or at least let us color it.

Eddie
09-08-04, 20:03
I wish kK would allow us to disable the PA on our appearance, or at least let us color it.

Colouring it is the way forward. I can't see any RP way as to why some suits are visible on the outside, and some not... but I would love to see it happen when the new char models come in!!!

Eddie

Dirk_Gently
09-08-04, 20:03
Hah.. ARS(es) don't look any different to the Spy PA - so your argument is kinda void =)

Apart from being super Persil white.

ARS should make you totally invulnerable to x-ray but give nothing else :p

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 20:05
'fraid you'll have to come up with another way to fight off the invasion of the PAs.

Eddie
That's why I finished with "Next: Don't make the ARS show up on your character, or give it a different model". It wouldn't be so hard to just treat the ARS like standard armour, but with a high DEX requirement. And I know they're just prototypes and all, but can't they finish the product with better armour stats? The finished ARS suit, rather than the prototype? With the Spy PA being like a byproduct of it?

DigestiveBiscui
09-08-04, 20:22
i would say

delete the ARS suit :S and give spy pa a little boost and thats that

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 20:26
i would say

delete the ARS suit :S and give spy pa a little boost and thats that
What what whaaaat?

The Spy PA is already the best chestpiece in the game bar none. It has virtually capped resists against xray alone, gives DEX and a lot of either P-C or R-C. The only negatives are a minus to INT, which most can just shrug off, and endurance... which is just laughable.

As it stands the only chestpiece spies wear, when capped, is PA.

That. Sucks. Arse.

DigestiveBiscui
09-08-04, 20:27
so

if it give enugh x-ray....why not just use that and not the ARS suit?

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 20:29
if it give enugh x-ray....why not just use that and not the ARS suit?
That's my point. Spy PA is too good and there's no alternative armour to wear.

Eddie
09-08-04, 20:56
That's my point. Spy PA is too good and there's no alternative armour to wear.

T'aint nowt wrong with ye olde Battle 2 is there young one? Now run along =)

Eddie

Aziraphale
09-08-04, 21:57
Gah, can't you people see what Mumbly's trying to say? That there should be MORE THAN ONE OPTION FOR CAPPED SPIES TO USE. It's not THAT crazy an idea you know, at the moment pretty much every spy setup looks the same or very similar (with a few exceptions), I think it would be nice to have a bit more diversity.

Matthew.v.smith
09-08-04, 22:07

Yeah!
I wanna look unique not like just another brick in the wall :p

Matty.

Twitch
09-08-04, 23:17
your sig is way too big matthew, mods plz fix this

Clownst0pper
09-08-04, 23:25
Whats wrong with spy PA 3, inquisition 1 boots, legs, head, and heavy energy belt?

Throw in 45 fire, and 45 energy resist, and uve got 114 in fire, energy, and xray with 400+ body health.

Why are you moaning?

Aziraphale
09-08-04, 23:30
I'm not moaning about spies having bad defenses, I'ms not saying they need a boost. All I'm saying is that they should have more options as to the garments they wear.

Which will probably be remedied with the arrivial of NC2 anyway :p

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 23:50
Gah, can't you people see what Mumbly's trying to say? That there should be MORE THAN ONE OPTION FOR CAPPED SPIES TO USE. It's not THAT crazy an idea you know, at the moment pretty much every spy setup looks the same or very similar (with a few exceptions), I think it would be nice to have a bit more diversity.
That's what I'm talking about, Clown. Name a good spy setup that DOESN'T involve the Powerarmour. You should have alternatives that don't horrendously gimp you.

Spy XX
10-08-04, 00:43
That's what I'm talking about, Clown. Name a good spy setup that DOESN'T involve the Powerarmour. You should have alternatives that don't horrendously gimp you.

droner spy :p (sorry i could not stand it)

btw i don't think the ARS suit should be removed. IMO its ok to remove the npc, but don't delete the suits.

Mumblyfish
10-08-04, 00:45
droner spy :p (sorry i could not stand it)
A droner spy that doesn't use the PA is totally inferior to a droner spy that does.

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 00:50
Mumbles is right. I feel the same way about apu. It's almost a necassity(yes I spell bad) to wear PA or be gimped. I have 605% on HL with 294 mana. That's kuz I choose not to wear PA. But with PA3 I could have 411 mana and 620% on HL or cap HL and get like 370 mana. See the gigantic difference?

Bah. I just hate looking like a damn clone. I also hate the color of pa3. So I definitely see where Mumbles is coming from.

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 01:01
Hmm..

I think people often forget that we didnt used to have PA, and we still had uber players.

Its just "easier" to have better setups with PA.

Personally, there should be player constructed armour, which can be modified with various bonuses so you dont have to wear PA.

Much like DAoC's spell crafting

Mumblyfish
10-08-04, 01:06
I think people often forget that we didnt used to have PA, and we still had uber players.

Its just "easier" to have better setups with PA.
It's not really that - PA doesn't make it easier to have a good setup, without PA you don't have a good setup. And it's not about PA making people better, it's about everyone looking the damned same, everyone having the same chestpiece... no space for individuality unless you want to be inferior.

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 01:13
It's not really that - PA doesn't make it easier to have a good setup, without PA you don't have a good setup. And it's not about PA making people better, it's about everyone looking the damned same, everyone having the same chestpiece... no space for individuality unless you want to be inferior.

Dangerklaus - APU, No PA, better than 99% of apu's on saturn- inferior? No

$tormbringer - Pistol Spy, No PA, better than 99% of Saturns spys- inferior? No

Sorry, but if you think that if you dont wear PA your worse than someone who does, you really havnt played long enough.

This game is based on skill, not what PA your wearing.

Mumblyfish
10-08-04, 01:25
Dangerklaus - APU, No PA, better than 99% of apu's on saturn- inferior? No

$tormbringer - Pistol Spy, No PA, better than 99% of Saturns spys- inferior? No
But could they have better stats with PA? Yes.

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 01:26
But could they have better stats with PA? Yes.

Yes, but it wouldnt make them better players.

It would purely be a numerical improvement, something that really doesnt matter, as they still have capped resist, just dangerklaus has a smaller psi pool.

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 01:34
Yes, but it wouldnt make them better players.

It would purely be a numerical improvement, something that really doesnt matter, as they still have capped resist, just dangerklaus has a smaller psi pool.

That's his point. In terms of stat improvement, it's a no brainer to wear PA. Do you really think DangerKlaus is not wearing PA because somehow it improves his setup? Chances are it's because the same reason I'm doing it, PA is ugly or he hates being a clone.

I would like to see 3-4 different choices for armor, each equally good in their own different way.

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 01:36
That's his point. In terms of stat improvement, it's a no brainer to wear PA. Do you really think DangerKlaus is not wearing PA because somehow it improves his setup? Chances are it's because the same reason I'm doing it, PA is ugly or he hates being a clone.

I would like to see 3-4 different choices for armor, each equally good in their own different way.

I wear the PA as the game character models are fucking horendous. I cant wait to revamp my chars with DOY, then I certainly wont wear PA.

As it stands tho, I like the PA, its sort of a uniform when going to war :)

Saying that, im currently trying a setup to wear no PA, and have a decent pool

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 01:38
I cant wait to revamp my chars with DOY, then I certainly wont wear PA.

Yea I know, me too. I'm sooo excited about revamping my char. I wish KK would let us pick any model in the game, instead of just any model of our class. I would love that new red headed PE model for my psi monk.

*drools on Clown's shoes*

Clownst0pper
10-08-04, 01:40
Yea I know, me too. I'm sooo excited about revamping my char. I wish KK would let us pick any model in the game, instead of just any model of our class. I would love that new red headed PE model for my psi monk.

*drools on Clown's shoes*

Well you never know ;)