PDA

View Full Version : How do you make game into a window?

SuperSeb
09-08-04, 19:35
I have recently upgraded my gfx card and now I have 2 screens, im just wondering if anyone knows how I can make Neocron into a window which i can move around so that i can do other stuff at the same time as playing.

Thanks

Agent L
09-08-04, 19:49
you have to mess with neocron.ini OR just launch graphic setup.
h4x0rz way :
instead of PREFMODENAME = "1024x768x16" (or other value) make it:
PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
now you have to add new entry to choose size of window:
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"

note : there is color depth value in fullscreen setting, in windowed there isn't (has to use desktop anyway)

most "normal" resolutions are valid, look into your desktop resolution slider for examples : )

Agent L
09-08-04, 19:54
ahhhha, 1 more thing :
on dual monitor system second monitor should show up as another device (I think so).
So if you launch gfx setup, you could choose the 2nd monitor device in "device" combobox and fullscreen mode to run NC in fullscreen on second monitor.

SuperSeb
09-08-04, 20:26
ok thanks for that i will try it out, its great having 2 screens. But i want to play 2 different games at the same time lol

Agent L
09-08-04, 21:51
rotfl, you'll have a problem how to configure 2 inputs : D

SuperSeb
09-08-04, 22:55
Nope all i had to do is change a setting and it works, thanks anyway 8oD

plague
09-08-04, 22:56
ahhhha, 1 more thing :
on dual monitor system second monitor should show up as another device (I think so).
So if you launch gfx setup, you could choose the 2nd monitor device in "device" combobox and fullscreen mode to run NC in fullscreen on second monitor.
how do u launch gfx setup ?

Neocrons_coward
10-08-04, 00:08
take my approach to windows and its companents/.. back up everything re arrange the whole pc and all the contents such as stick things that mean nothignt o you in the recycle bin and then wonder why windows dont load no more lmao (i found that problem when i was 15) Sometimes it goes for good but not often

CoreKeeper
10-08-04, 00:18
how do u launch gfx setup ?

Hold shift while letting NC start :angel:

Neocrons_coward
10-08-04, 00:39
Hold shift while letting NC start :angel:

or click on another desktop item and turn your desktop into a disco whilst it loads as it flickers.... good thing is u restart neocron free of charge for another go of the advertisements hehe

sorry my sugar levels gone a lil wooo and ive gone into a hyper mode... for some reason