PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what will happen if I lose my Grandma

Psycho_Soldier
09-08-04, 19:18
I just got back from Las Vegas this morning, been awake for over 24 hours, I went to sleep for 3 hours then when I woke up my grandma recieved a fax which contained this.

http://www.landandinvestments.com/Tumor/reportscan.jpg

It doesn't sound that bad but im not really a doctor. It sounds like its in the same place as her previous tumor and that the spinal fluid has collected in one area. If I am wrong, and one of you actually know about this shit please tell me. I would ask the doctor except we can't get ahold of him yet. I have no fucking clue what I will do if my grandma dies, only thing I can think of is living with a friend but I dont know how well that will work.

If you guys seem to actually care, ill try and keep you updated on how bad it really is.

[TgR]KILLER
09-08-04, 19:21
don't know anything about that eighter.. the letter aint real good readable btw.. but whatever gonna happen.. good luck mate and lets hope she survives it.

Psycho_Soldier
09-08-04, 19:26
KILLER']don't know anything about that eighter.. the letter aint real good readable btw.. but whatever gonna happen.. good luck mate and lets hope she survives it.

I resized it, so hopefully its better.

der Ed
09-08-04, 19:29
Call the doctor. Let him explain it to you.

QuantumDelta
09-08-04, 19:32
Looks like you're right, it doesn't look too bad -
From the conclusion;
At least they know what they have to do..
If it is in the place where the tumor was, it'd explain things... and...probably actually be better than it would be if it weren't...because if it weren't then there'd be damage elsewhere...

Basically, what they're going to do, is release pressure on her brain generated by the fluid probably by incision and drain the fluid, probably somewhat like Lexx's piece of fun, but, more immediate and over faster...

Unless there is complications, it would be a routine surgery.

---
Before you take my word for fact, you should probably be aware heh;

Although I ended up with 100%s on my GCSE (High School) Biology shiznit, and I tend to understand any Televised operations / docu's etc, my education in biology stops at high school level, and stuff :p

--

I wish her the best... Lets hope it's not too bad.

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 19:33
From what I understand of that...

I believe it's about some defect in a previous operation. Craniectomy is, if memory serves, an operation moving flaps of skin and bone to get access to some areas of the brain. The "inferior" and "occipital" is referring to the area of the head where the operation took place. It seems that after the operation, spinal fluid filled the area operated on.

It's nothing to worry about, however. As the letter states they haven't found any tell-tale signs of it being critical. It will be worth chasing it up with your doctor, though.

Note that I know next to nothing about medicine, so don't take what I said for gospel. I hope your grandma gets better, and keep us posted :)

HatchetRyda
09-08-04, 19:36
It sucks, but not really the best place to post about your Grand mother, as mine just died 2 months ago of Alzhemiers, sorry m8

Neocrons_coward
10-08-04, 00:11
It sucks, but not really the best place to post about your Grand mother, as mine just died 2 months ago of Alzhemiers, sorry m8

Sorry t hear that m8 bout ur nan... At least urs didnt desert ya... yet again i dunno if ma nan is alive or dead... i guess only time will tell and if there is a heaven... ill ask her then why i was left alone

Morganth
10-08-04, 00:41
Good luck and I hope she gets better soon.

rob444
10-08-04, 00:45
My grandma died a couple of days before last christmas, she got a bleeding in hair brain, then another one and another one and finally another one, so that was 4. She was in a coma and doctors couldnt do anything. Was a bit sad to see her lying there on the bed breathing and not be able to wake up ever again.

Maester Seymour
10-08-04, 01:02
I also lost 2 of my grandparents in the last 7months from cancer, the feeling of it being like a ticking bomb and that they could go at anytime was quite disturbing :/

Anyway.. i don't understand much of that fax, but i wish your gran all the best of luck and that it isn't something too serious. Hope she gets better soon :)

HatchetRyda
10-08-04, 01:03
*sad* This sucks now.. I never wanna die..

I might because this is my last year of High School, and I wanna join the Air Force, marry my girl, and live a happy life, ya know

Bl$st3r
10-08-04, 01:07
every day I go wondering if my grandma is dead or not whenever I wake up, shes been real sick for a month now

HatchetRyda
10-08-04, 01:12
Sucks knowing someone you love is sick..

When my grand mother was still alive I used to yell at her all the time for bugging me and all since I lived with her and my grand father for soo long but when she died I just cried like a big baby ( yes Jester crys :P) But, I know she always forgave me when I was little she bought me a jeep and all the Star Wars/Ninja Turtles/toy guns/Jurassic Park toys and all.

So, always be glad your grand parents are alive even if they piss ya off..

rob444
10-08-04, 01:42
We got some sort of unknown curse in this family, everyone is dying around me :mad:

landofcake
10-08-04, 02:09
I hope she gets better soon ...

Dru Blood
10-08-04, 02:29
im sorry about your grandma but neocron forum really isnt the place to post about this right? 8|

DonnyJepp
10-08-04, 02:36
Has she had a stroke before? Sound kind of like a condition my grandmother on dad's site has where some of her brain is just...liquified due to a stroke she had some time back.

I hope she pulls through, best wishes.

Jesterthegreat
10-08-04, 05:31
Damn... good luck

Sheba
10-08-04, 06:05
WebMD might be able to answer some of your questions, as for not knowing how serious this is I would suggest you error on the side of caution and show your grandma exactly how much you care. But try to be positive and upbeat she most likely has enough stress and right now needs some good vibes! :)

Hugs!

Sheba
10-08-04, 06:09
im sorry about your grandma but neocron forum really isnt the place to post about this right? 8|

Community discussion? What better place then the general forum area to get some support, I realize he is not talking about NC but lets cut him a little slack?

Even hardcore NC gamers have hearts...at least some of us do! ;)

StryfeX
10-08-04, 06:10
Ouch. I honestly have no freaking clue as to what that means, but whatever it is, I hope your grandma gets better. I am extremely lucky and have all of my grandparents still with me. I honestly don't know what I'd do if I lost one of them... Don't even want to think about it.

Good luck and best of wishes to you and your grandma, mate.

--Stryfe

Xadhoom
10-08-04, 08:56
I never wanna die..

I cant second that. I know exactly when I want to die. I want to die when Im too sick/old to take care of myself alone. Im working since 2 years with ppl who cant continue live on their own and its depressing to see ppl which are, to be true, already dead, but their bodies dont want to accept that.

Ever saw a human being, laying in the same room since 7 years, at a weight of 30 kilo? And she didnt had any sickness which makes ur brain keeps telling u that ur 10 years old and everything is alright.. Sometimes I heard her praying for the end shes waiting for since years.

ichinin
10-08-04, 09:37
The above piccy clearly says she got a cavity/hole in her skull that is filled with spinal fluid. It says it require surgery, but the doctor did not sound alarmed.

(If that NCat guy gets into the airforce, i'll personally organise a protest list to the USAF)

Endar
10-08-04, 11:54
I dont know what that means but I hope your grandma gets better.

My grandmother has a cancer and I dont really "care" if she dies or not. Its not like I dont like her or anything but she is old is going to die anyway right? So why to think about it too much. Now dont think im psyco or something, I just have seen so much death in my life that I think its natural. I have killed lots of farm animals (since we used to have them) like lambs and chickens and turkeys when I was young so I got numb of it, we were going to eat them anyway and im not vegatarian (I belive anyone who eats meat should be able to kill a animal).

Well the hardest thing for we was when my pet dog got sick (I was about 14yo), I felt sad for it and I first thought that I sould take it to some doc so he can but it to "sleep". But after a while of thinking I thought I want to be the one who takes its life. It was my dog after all and I wanted to take care of it until its no longer with us. The dog was really suffering so I visited the nearest pet doctor and I asked if I could some strong sleeping medicine from him.

Well the dog died painlessly after few days. I took care of it the best I could for few of its last days and I think the dog died happily. Now its sleeping under the apple tree near my house.

And now dont think Im sick or something, death is just natural thing for me, we are all going to die someday.

Psycho_Soldier
10-08-04, 16:24
Well it is more than just her death that would be painful to me. She is like a mother to me because she has taken care of me my whole life. Now she depends on me and I depend on her. I depend on her to survive and so does 3 of my cousins. I MIGHT be able to do ok if she dies but that chance is slim. Now my other cousins, they will most likely be put into a foster home if she dies, and that could turn out to be very horrible. The only possible thing I can think of right now is getting custody of the children and taking care of them myself, and at my age of only 19... god I don't even want to think about it. Though I would not have to worry about money since they get quite a significant ammount of money already, and that combined with me having a job, I could easily take care of them financially.

garyu69
10-08-04, 16:41
Hope she gets better.

I know how your feeling, my Gran currently has cancer at the moment and its touch and go :(

Endar
10-08-04, 17:03
Well its best for you think way ahead in your life, so IF she happens to die you know what to do (so you wont panic and make things even worse). You shouldnt plan on living with 3 cousins, instead think what else possibilities there are. Taking care of 3 people is absolutely too much for someone who has to go to work. Arent there anyone other who could take care of them?

I hope your grandmother will be OK and she prolly will be (Im not a doctor) but in situations like this its better to have a plan (just incase the worst happens).

But before you start planning take a copy of that fax and visit nearest hospital and grab a doctor there to explain what that means.

greendonkeyuk
10-08-04, 17:28
grandmothers on the whole are remarkably tough dude. Remember a lot (all?)of em have lived through various wars and things, they have an understanding of the world and a wisdom that us young people normally scoff at. Its not till something happens to one of em that many people realise how important to our lives that they are. I came close to losing both my grandparents to separate bouts of cancer in the last 18 months, both thankfully are ok. my grandma is tough as nails and i love her to bits for it. we talked about the severity of her problem and she jus smiled and said to me its you i worry about, not myself, i want you to do all the things in your life that you wish for and not worry about me. i was gobsmacked to be truthful. There was someone who potentially could die from this disease and she cared naught for herself and worried about the rest of our family. that to me said a lot about her strength of character. yours is probably the same.

the best advice i can give you (if youre in an advice taking mood) is jus to be supportive to her and let her know that youre all there for her. No matter what happens if she has her family with her while she goes for this treatment then she will be in the best hands possible.

Warmest regards to you and all of your family psycho soldier. i hope it all works out for you all.