PDA

View Full Version : !!! NC1 Goodbye-Party !!!

RaTMaN McCruel
09-08-04, 18:46
before i start explaining what i want, let me tell you that i dont want any
discussion about "why i started again in ger-com to organise something". the
explanation is short and simple, i have too much to do and too less time BUT i
am aware of this problem and tried to find some candidates for an official.
com-rep or assistant, just for the english com. its now only on kk to choose
one or deny all and during beta time this process could take some time...so
be patient and keep this discussion out of THIS thread. thx

German Thread: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105614

ok some days ago i had an idea about organising a player-organised party to
say byebye to NC1 and welcome NC2.

- this party should be nearly player organised because i dont want to leech
any beta resources :-).
- this party should go for about 48 hours on a weekend before 1-9-04 to
reach as many runners as possible
- we try to get different party locations like PartyPark / GaiaDisco / A10
Beachparty to avoid to much server traffic
- we are trying to get a ventrilo/teamspeak server for this party with no slot
restrictions
- we are trying to get some NC Radio station on air all over these 48 hours
with different music for each party location
- one irc channel during the party

this should be a fun event to party with people we tried to kill over 2 years
now and therefore i suggested only to use small shop-n00b weapons if
someone wants to start some trouble...

i am looking for any help i can get...discuss here in this thread.
post here if you want to organise something on your server or manage a
party location.
perhaps Jest and -NC- could manage this party event here in the english
community and i try to find someone who helps me cross-post-translate
between eng and ger community...and perhaps we find someone who helps
me out for the french com...

Date: 21./22.-8-2004
Start: 21-08-2004 00:00 CET+2
End: 22-08-2004 23:59 CET+2

Location 1: PartyPark
PP1 organised by Tsunamie...(Bitches & Battles)
PP2 organised by BlackDragon...(FreeBeer & Drinking Competitions)
PP3 organised by Crahn Sect...(PSY-Firework)

BumpAsylum is FirstAid station managed by Protopharma & BioTech, Party
Security by CityMerc & CityAdmin

Location 2: GaiaDisco
Disco and Party Area on first floor
Vip Area on 2nd flot (TS-Bitches and BD-Drugs for VIPs free)
sponsored and organised by TG

Location 3: A-10 Beachparty
no infos atm

Shadow Dancer
09-08-04, 18:50
What kind of help are you looking for? I mean what do you want us to do, specifically?

Ascension
09-08-04, 18:50
well, i guess Com40Radio could get involved, I myself a Dj for Com40 is up for it but its up to the manager/s of com40 :)

i think one event should be in a war-zone, then we could have pvp arenas etc.. also cool stuff could be spawned etc..

HatchetRyda
09-08-04, 18:52
Sounds SCARY *crys* Too bad I am banned until Friday Still, soooo bored!!!

Lachlan
09-08-04, 18:59
Awesome idea! I'd be willing to do whatever you need to help out.

RaTMaN McCruel
09-08-04, 19:03
What kind of help are you looking for? I mean what do you want us to do, specifically?

any kind of help...
from just beeing there to hosting a party location with own homepage and mini-events and radiostation

i am a friend of events where everybody can do something like a "bring your own beer"-party and if you bring some more beer/preachers as you drink it can only be better for everybody...

new idea: what about some chinese Sushi shops serving each party location (just some players who stand together giving sushi meals away)

@PvP Area...all areas should be in a WarZone like Pepperpark/GaiaMina/A10 because a good party needs some good fights :-) but i dont want someone to raid these location, just some small fights beside...

i suggest to leave your PA and rare weapons at home and just bring your 5Slotted Lazar Weapons with scope/lamp/silencer....whatever...

and think about some competitions like DrunkenDriverDestructionDerby the 4xD Event, or some barenuckle fights...anything you can imagine...

40$Poser
09-08-04, 19:05
sounds cool, I'll most likely be there :D

RaTMaN McCruel
09-08-04, 19:06
Awesome idea! I'd be willing to do whatever you need to help out.

we need someone to clean the dishes after this party and calm down all those sexed droms :-)

no...just lean back smoke a cigarette (or something else) close your eyes and think about what you want to do at this party...and then get up at make it possible...:-)

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 19:24
I'm in, and I'll throw whatever resources I can into making it a night to remember. I just don't have many resources, is all. Apart from a fantastic set of manboobs. If anyone needs any help with what they're doing, just ask.

Spikadelia
09-08-04, 19:35
Main sewers pistolero showdown. Great location for running battles, floating turtle heads and corpses. :cool:

40$Poser
09-08-04, 19:37
question: as there is 3 english based servers... will this only happen on one of them or all three?

RaTMaN McCruel
09-08-04, 19:43
question: as there is 3 english based servers... will this only happen on one of them or all three?

just to make it clear...this should be the party event for NC1 on all servers.

we connect via vent/TS, IRC, Radio or ingame on the same server and same location...

party all around the NC-World

Lachlan
09-08-04, 19:43
I would imagine that it's up to the servers to make it happen. Ratman can't possibly organize them all.

40$Poser
09-08-04, 19:44
just to make it clear...this should be the party event for NC1 on all servers.

we connect via vent/TS, IRC, Radio or ingame on the same server and same location...

party all around the NC-World

makes perfect sense, figured I'd ask anyways

Jest
09-08-04, 19:52
Wow a 48 hour party. Sounds very cool. Might be a bit difficult to organize on 3 servers though hehe, prolly need a lot of work done to organize it all. It sounds like an epic of party of "Return of the Jedi" proportions.

What do you mean by GaiaDisco? Would that be the Gaia mine east of Cycrow?

Btw by -NC- I assume you mean -FN-. :p

Candaman
09-08-04, 20:07
*moved to events forum*

also u could rename the enevt to Item Goodbye-Party

Koshinn
09-08-04, 20:08
sounds great!
What's GaiaDisco?

ZyproN
09-08-04, 20:09
Ye why not, I think i take off from work those days ^^

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 20:10
*moved to events forum*

also u could rename the enevt to Item Goodbye-Party
I know it's hard, but can we keep this thread free of stupid?

Also, I know Ratman doesn't want to leech KK resources, but would it be possible to at least have one GM on hand to ban arsefaces who barge in guns blazing and ruin the event?

RaTMaN McCruel
09-08-04, 20:14
Wow a 48 hour party. Sounds very cool. Might be a bit difficult to organize on 3 servers though hehe, prolly need a lot of work done to organize it all. It sounds like an epic of party of "Return of the Jedi" proportions.

What do you mean by GaiaDisco? Would that be the Gaia mine east of Cycrow?

Btw by -NC- I assume you mean -FN-. :p

yep i mean -FN- i think i play to much FN äh NC :rolleyes:

GaiaDisco: http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1516127&postcount=39

I thought tis location looks great...remember this party event in Matrix 3 (or was it part2) where they all dance in this huge cave?

The small buid down there is perfect for a DJ to look down on the Crown...some gogo girl on the roof and some dancing bitches on the floor...and then let the bass be heared all trough the gaia mine...

the other place is great for a vip area...it looks like an postapocalyptic whirlpool just put some RPing drugsellers and bitches to earn some money and have some fun...

Koshinn
09-08-04, 20:17
yep i mean -FN- i think i play to much FN äh NC :rolleyes:

GaiaDisco: http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1516127&postcount=39

I thought tis location looks great...remember this party event in Matrix 3 (or was it part2) where they all dance in this huge cave?

Although this place looks fantastic.. where is it? I've never seen it before and reallly wanna check it out

james_finn
09-08-04, 20:19
Gaia mine, you have to kill rogue copbots to get to teh end. Its a good laugh, but take a PPU with you! It was one of the most interesting experiences in teh whole of NC when we went and did that cave!

Delphi

ZyproN
09-08-04, 20:26
Gaia mine, you have to kill rogue copbots to get to teh end. Its a good laugh, but take a PPU with you! It was one of the most interesting experiences in teh whole of NC when we went and did that cave!

Delphi

Nah dont think so if we help him i think we can do it ;)

Lachlan
09-08-04, 21:37
That's all fine and good if you can keep the STORMBOT from spawning. :P

RaTMaN McCruel
09-08-04, 21:47
Nah dont think so if we help him i think we can do it ;)

hey and it could be fun if 20 people trying to kill da mad STORM unit with a nailgun :D

i did some parties and secret meetings before in some caves nobody knows,
you just have to clean it before the meeting starts and just one runner has
to stay to block the spawn...gaia mine isnt blocked by a runner but tacholytium
warbot can be killed by apu without a ppu without any modules just by using
your fists...

some other good party locations is...Hells Kitchen (http://www.crahn.de/modules/Album/image/Ereignisse/Neocron_-_Ereignisse_-_Zusammenkunft_10-2003_02.jpg)

Endar
09-08-04, 22:10
Great! I will come atleast to PP and I try to come at Gaia Disco too, that seems like a place I want to visit :D

How about everyone would post what server they are on, and if they would like to help on making the party just say so.

Me:

VhOpMaN - Melee Tank
Endar - Rifle Spy
Wildfry - Drone Spy

And all on Uranus :)

If you need some beer or drugs I can get some, not 1000 but some :) I would like to help in anyway I can.

DaxAra
09-08-04, 22:19
restrictions
Neocron.org would be proud to provide this! (we can discuss details in private)

joran420
09-08-04, 22:27
ill kill ppl :P would that be helpful ;P

ZyproN
09-08-04, 22:29
hey and it could be fun if 20 people trying to kill da mad STORM unit with a nailgun :D...

Hey okay what server are you playing on so i can catch you ;)

Napalm82
09-08-04, 22:56
Thats one of the greatest ideas i've ever heard....

I actually think i'll make a butt-load of n00b weapons with my constructor to hand out on Uranus server.

That should take care of Melee / Pistols / Rifle users.

And if i may i'll log on to a TS / Vent server and actually drink real beer for the party :D

- Napalm

Marshall1
09-08-04, 23:45
Maybe i can use my droner to get a birds eye veiw of the party maybe some other droners could do the other partys make some pics and vids be a great pr exercise as well as a glimpse at what has been and the players that have made this game the game it is it would be cool

Neocrons_coward
10-08-04, 00:00
before i start explaining what i want, let me tell you that i dont want any
discussion about "why i started again in ger-com to organise something". the
explanation is short and simple, i have too much to do and too less time BUT i
am aware of this problem and tried to find some candidates for an official.
com-rep or assistant, just for the english com. its now only on kk to choose
one or deny all and during beta time this process could take some time...so
be patient and keep this discussion out of THIS thread. thx

German Thread: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105614

ok some days ago i had an idea about organising a player-organised party to
say byebye to NC1 and welcome NC2.

- this party should be nearly player organised because i dont want to leech
any beta resources :-).
- this party should go for about 48 hours on a weekend before 1-9-04 to
reach as many runners as possible
- we try to get different party locations like PartyPark / GaiaDisco / A10
Beachparty to avoid to much server traffic
restrictions

this should be a fun event to party with people we tried to kill over 2 years
now and therefore i suggested only to use small shop-n00b weapons if
someone wants to start some trouble...

i am looking for any help i can get...discuss here in this thread.
post here if you want to organise something on your server or manage a
party location.
perhaps Jest and -NC- could manage this party event here in the english
community and i try to find someone who helps me cross-post-translate
between eng and ger community...and perhaps we find someone who helps
me out for the french com...

Date: 21./22.-8-2004
Start: 21-08-2004 00:00 CET+2
End: 22-08-2004 23:59 CET+2

Location 1: PartyPark
PP1 organised by Tsunamie...(Bitches & Battles)
PP2 organised by BlackDragon...(FreeBeer & Drinking Competitions)
PP3 organised by Crahn Sect...(PSY-Firework)

BumpAsylum is FirstAid station managed by Protopharma & BioTech, Party
Security by CityMerc & CityAdmin

Location 2: GaiaDisco
Disco and Party Area on first floor
Vip Area on 2nd flot (TS-Bitches and BD-Drugs for VIPs free)
sponsored and organised by TG

Location 3: A-10 Beachparty
no infos atm

P A R T Y spells hack yer belts and massarce the lot hehe.. This will be an event Ultimate anima will turn up for... I would behave myself as whats the point in a party to be destroyed?? This sounds like a wicked idea and we should get along as a neocronical party.. Maybe the monsters will wear party outfits and we get to dance in the rain singing hiya me lord and other camp christmas songs written by neocron hehe ok ill be serious...

I will love to help out anywhere shape or form i can.. I think we could turn this into a nice little display.. Maybe a big event or a build up. I know on an online game im playing called Myth of soma to realease the second year in service and advertise it and that they made it rain for three real life weeks non stop voilant rain.. I guess in neocron we could have like if kk want to program it for a week or so of violant thunder storms and that then the land is overrun in monsters and its a kill for all it would be amazing make something like that and once we defeated them we go to the neocronical pub for a piss up

whatcha say????

whos wid meeh

Knowing my luic,. No one as per usuall so ill shut the fuck up and dream on...

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 00:59
Mumbly is right, it would be nice if a GM was there to boot people who are trying to ruin the party.

manderf
10-08-04, 01:16
or we could be a bit more creative and have players be the security.

Tomalak
10-08-04, 01:19
Mumbly is right, it would be nice if a GM was there to boot people who are trying to ruin the party.

Definitely,'cause all the asshats will show up for it, and it's guaranteed there will be LOTS of rare firepower there..c'mon, it's guaranteed, lots of people will find it funny to mass-gank a group of people armed with noob guns..plus, everybody will be there, lots of enemies in the same place. just the asshole snipers and droners....asking for a massacre, with no GM's present...I'll happily be there on Saturn (or Venus, if it happens there, too), and I'll happily equip starter spells, but I think that my HL is gonna stay in slot 1..sorry...

Just DM/PM me in game with whatever you need.........what time will it start in my time zone? (Quebec, Canada, Eastern Standard, I think)

Neocrons_coward
10-08-04, 01:21
or we could be a bit more creative and have players be the security.

ooo ooo can i be a sercurity guard PLEASE!!!!! I can use the F word multiple times in any one sentence :) as many characters on saturn at MB usually experience when im a bit angry so ive got referances for that bit anyhooo shall we organise this thing ansd get it going together?>?? whos gonna be gettng thigns sorted etc etc

RaTMaN McCruel
10-08-04, 19:24
ok next step...

we have a date for this party and should not be changed anymore.
now we should begin to think about the locations and the sideevents. i need
concrete conceptions and descriptions via mail (ratman@crahn.de) to forward them to your kk supporters

if someone wants to organise and manage one of there aprty areas or just a part of it, please send me a mail with concrete but short descriptions with time and places and tell me how flexible you are to avoid overlaping events.
i try to make a timeline where, when and what event will happen.

i need urgent infos about how far this byebye party is known in the french com and i need one who manages it over there cause i dont know a single word french. if dont find someone who take this part then we have to cancle this party on venus.

pls try to mail (ratman@crahn.de) infos instead of using the PMs

party on...

RaTMaN McCruel
10-08-04, 19:28
i am aware how trigger happy some of you are on saturn and therefor i need some good pvp players to act as security...but who have to be seriously interessted in stoping all kinds of serious raids. Who have to be near but noone should realize that your are there...

i dont think we got enough gms to x all idiots on all locations for 48 hours but i believe in fun-loving-com > purePKs

Endar
11-08-04, 20:10
bumb.

This seems like a good thread and I look forward to see the party :D

Anyway I hope this will get some flaming off from the Benjies Diary thread :(

LiL T
11-08-04, 21:08
I would not mind being security :) I would KILL anyone if the price is right :P

Darkener
12-08-04, 02:12
heheh i really like this idea sounds cool im working sat till 4 pm gmt but ill drop on afterwards and you can count me down as helping security. Maybe get clans for the same zone guards in place (could be dangerous though enemy clans raiding to kill other clan ) and hey hopefully everyone will be mature enough to let alll have some fun . OH and a gm might be in place for when the part is in either zone guard punchers are worse than any clan can clear alot of people them guards can .

bounty
12-08-04, 02:48
Didn't read any of the other posts, but i must say this is a very awesome idea.

..i..DemonX
12-08-04, 02:49
As for Teamspeak as the "Deutsche Bruderschaft" (db@) at
www.online-spielen.de dunno if they would but they got a TS with 1000 Slots.
So i think just somebody needs to ask nice and may they would help ya!

Birkoff
12-08-04, 04:27
I know lets hire the CM to protect it from those AYB noobs on pluto.. it worked at FN.. no really it did :p

Sounds a great idea... we can all... duel and.... erm... yea I'll be there is I;m not at work or asleep for 48 hours.

dark_reaper
12-08-04, 07:58
Well guys if you still need a DJ I can hook up with Live 365, open a personal channel just for the NC party Events. Give me a music list, and I can work it out from there. Once I get some musics in i will open an short term account and play the music for as long as it takes. It will cost me some cash but not by much. Give me a music list and I should have the server up within a week. I will post the adress on the forums soon. For the Live 365, go to www.live365.com

DaxAra
12-08-04, 13:32
here is an irc channel ready to use: #events @ irc.neocron.org (irc://irc.neocron.org/events)
and a ventrilo server: www.neocron.org:3784

Spermy
12-08-04, 13:43
Cool, I'm in, Am trying to organise a scavenger hunt or a treasure hunt qwith some rares I got today. I'll let ya know, uranus server, Y'never know if there is no *cursed word* Wipe, you get to keep some nice toys =)

DaxAra
12-08-04, 15:02
radio is now online ;)
3 streams Low, Mid and HI ;)
http://www.neocron.org:8000/status.xsl

all i need now is DJ's

dark_reaper
12-08-04, 18:25
Well, I can put on a freaken huge playlist on a radio, that is why I would use Live 365. I have an seperate server and the software for it, but no music atm. I can put on a playlist that can last for hours and hours.

DaxAra
12-08-04, 19:08
Well, I can put on a freaken huge playlist on a radio, that is why I would use Live 365. I have an seperate server and the software for it, but no music atm. I can put on a playlist that can last for hours and hours.
same here.. but i do have music atm (1250 mp3's)
and with my Icecast2 server i can stream it to different mountmoints (in this case hi, mid & low) at the same time..
an other big advantage... i've got 100mb/s FD so i can have lots of listeners without a lag.

dark_reaper
13-08-04, 00:38
Niiiiicccccceeee, that will work.

jiga
13-08-04, 00:41
Is this KK's goodbye community party?

DaxAra
13-08-04, 19:25
ventrilo server: www.neocron.org:3784
www.neocron.org/ventrilo.php
http://www.neocron.org/radio.php