PDA

View Full Version : Is this against rules?

Neocrons_coward
09-08-04, 17:56
To change well actually REMOVE all the shitty neocron crap music from the folder and replace it with half decent music that I downloaded/burnt from cd???? I doen it anyhoo if it is let me know and maybe.... if im in a kind mood change them back (having to dsig around my pc to find these fiolders i remotely hid never to be seen again )

Ultimate Anima

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 18:00
1) Why would it be against the rules?
2) Neocron's music isn't crap.
3) Isn't that a bit of a waste of effort? If you want to listen to different music while playing just use iTunes or WinAmp...

Neocrons_coward
09-08-04, 18:02
1) Why would it be against the rules?
2) Neocron's music isn't crap.
3) Isn't that a bit of a waste of effort? If you want to listen to different music while playing just use iTunes or WinAmp...

That just slows neocron down if u shove it in their directory it should work or so im told.. Im kinda experiementing seeing if i can learn anything new from playing around with the files.. I got a back up ready incase it goes tits up and reboot is in operation.. Never know you might find the code to make warbots pretty in pink hehe:P

Limited edition PINK WARBOTS

Spermy
09-08-04, 18:03
Well it's their code licensed to you, wouldn't go mad with it.

Neocrons_coward
09-08-04, 18:05
Well it's their code licensed to you, wouldn't go mad with it.

true... I aint going mad most of them are like .dat files and i aint got the program so i guess for now ill edit the music and try and get summit good going... keeps me mindless fingers at bay...

Anyhoo uim gonna continue on my remote island in j 02 where im alone YAY :)

cMz
10-08-04, 10:03
If you want to change the background music, all you have to do is edit the bgmusic.ini file to point to different mp3 files, than the ones delivered with the game.

bgmusic.ini can be found in neocron\ini\

Capt. Rik
10-08-04, 10:18
Changing the music files using the .ini method is fine afaik.

7) You may not modify any part of the NEOCRON Service or Web Site that Reakktor Media does not specifically authorize you to modify

Be careful about modifying files.

WebShock
10-08-04, 10:49
it would be the biggest freakin mock i've ever seen in a gaming community if they start banning people for changing the music files. Thats just a little bit too much imo.

granted, its about as stupid as banning someone for using a remote terminal. but anyway exploits arent up for discussion here.

Still, if i changed the music files and got banned for it, that would be the biggest FUCK YOU this game can give their veterans.

Yet, the rules give them the right to do just that.

Capt. Rik
10-08-04, 10:52
I'm sure that because a .ini file is just a glorified text file there is no issue here. It's not in the same league as using a hex editor or something on client.exe

CarniFlex
10-08-04, 11:20
I would very much like to see an official responce on this one. Been thinking bout it myself but never changed anything due to the roc.

tomparadox
10-08-04, 11:53
its not a bannable offence, but if you were to edit some other file that has code in it then you would get banned...

Trillian
10-08-04, 13:43
I like neocrons music. Its pretty.

Agent L
10-08-04, 14:12
winamp affect NC stability negatively on my machine...

-=Dredduk=-
10-08-04, 14:26
anyone know how to change the sounds of cs

Benjie
10-08-04, 14:27
the shitty neocron crap music
Neocron Music > You (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=music&field-artist=Roach%2C%20Steve/026-8764273-0163602)

//Edit: Finally got the damned link working. Okay, you will notice there are 4 pages of his CD's on amazon.co.uk. You can actaully click on most of the songs and listen to samples. I spent a good hour doing this once, it's interesting to see how his other stuff compares to the music in Neocron.

nobby
10-08-04, 14:44
I like neocrons music. Its pretty.

POOF

i dont really like the neocron music...after 1 year of neocroning and it just gets a wee bit boring.

ezza
10-08-04, 14:45
i turned the neo music off about 2 years ago :lol:

Selendor
10-08-04, 15:42
I turned it off for a year too, but recently I turned it back on and started listening on headphones to all the sound effects, adds a little more atmosphere I think.

Spermy
10-08-04, 16:14
Never did listen to it, I prefer my own s/t

At the mo it's maroon 5 :lol:

And I'm huntoing fire mobs O_o

rob444
10-08-04, 16:55
I changed bgmusic.ini a long time ago pointing to some old mp3's. Was good for a while but I think Neocron's music fits in the game more than any of my mp3's.

Shadow Dancer
10-08-04, 17:57
I like the music, but it's far too slow for pvp. :p

Promethius
10-08-04, 18:00
That just slows neocron down if u shove it in their directory it should work or so im told.. Im kinda experiementing seeing if i can learn anything new from playing around with the files.. I got a back up ready incase it goes tits up and reboot is in operation.. Never know you might find the code to make warbots pretty in pink hehe:P

Limited edition PINK WARBOTS

Becauseful. I kno alot of people where banned for editing a neocron file before. Even tho wat your doing is harmless (same for the many other banned people) it can come back at ya and KK being "I'm not sure if ur hacking or jsut messed with a file so....BAN!"

-Prom

Mumblyfish
10-08-04, 18:00
I keep it on for exploring, and generally have it turned off in PvP so I can CHEAT ON VOICE COMMS easier.

Promethius
10-08-04, 18:01
i turned the neo music off about 2 years ago :lol:

Yea, ever noticed how the fatals were cut back when u did that? I use to fatal erm once every hour atleast. After I turned off the music it was cut back.

-Prom

Benjie
10-08-04, 18:01
I like the music, but it's far too slow for pvp. :p
Music should switch when you shoot a weapon.