PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid

garyu69
09-08-04, 12:33
Started a new Character to pass some time, thought i would try a tank as i had never been one before.

anyways, i'm making him low tech Hybrid, Melee and H-C.

Has anyone else tried this before at all? Just wanted to know any experiences you've had.

I plan on having final Stats as:

STR
M-C 166
H-C 180

Wep Lore 111

These stats would be gained using Marine, MOVEON, Melle 1 and 2. Also would be wearing H-C PA.

What do you think? Good idea or a waste of time?

Oh and he is setup to drive and gun Chaincrafts too so can self level on his Epic car.

ezza
09-08-04, 12:35
gimpy if you ask me, but hey go for it

Original monk
09-08-04, 12:43
i have one yeah, altough im still fooling around with having to give em foreign buffs cause KK changed the melleecappoint :/

the change of the cappoint didnt change shit for melleetanks but youlle see that hybridtanks get fucked over :/

its possible to cap either mellee or HC yeah, but not both

i dont use a PA myself cause they have annoying minuses :/

i can assure you that its gimpy and that another account with ppu to give you decent boosts comes in handy ...

i still didnt work out what i would do to him out of fear that they raise the melleecappoint even higher in a next patch ... but it seems that there isnt apatch comming any time soon, so i leave em like this till doy

then ya have the question about what will happen balancewise (other hybridtanknerfs ? other changes ?) or will there be an itemwipe or not ?

i use: berz3, mov, marine, herc, the batarm and the chest and mellee-eye 3

i cap all mellee but only get about 135 ish % on HC atm, wich sucks ffcourse but can be changed with other combinations of imps and buffs

be aware: hybridtanks are a pain atm :)

garyu69
09-08-04, 12:47
about how many points roughly do you need to cap the low tech melee weapons like PoB?

I'm guessing it will be a pain, but hey its only a bit of fun to pass time :)

Original monk
09-08-04, 12:53
about how many points roughly do you need to cap the low tech melee weapons like PoB?

I'm guessing it will be a pain, but hey its only a bit of fun to pass time :)

pob is alot, ya need around 190 mellee to cap it now i think, altough im not sure because i made my setup before the melleecappointnerfpatch and i capped everything, now i need an extra 10 damage% to cap it, so now i give a melleebooster to my tank and its ok then :/

tought he had about 186 mellee or sumthing so i guess ya need around 190 or a bit more to cap the pob, the TL of the pob went higher also ya see :/

btw when ya cap a pob ya practically cap all melleeweapons anyway

maybe someone who knows fo sure can post it here, its been a while now since i logged in my tankey, with all the shit surrounding it lately :/

garyu69
09-08-04, 12:59
hmmm, i'm going to have to see.

what about... a Hybrid, Low Tech Melee / Droner tank?

With Imps:
Mind Control 3, Exp Mind Control 3, Special Riggers, Exp Mind Control 2
Drone Combat 3 eye
Dex Booster 3 Spine

Reach Willpower 111, Remote 163. Can't reach any rare drones but will be able to hit 200 M-C too with BatQueen arm in.

ezza
09-08-04, 13:42
hmmm, i'm going to have to see.

what about... a Hybrid, Low Tech Melee / Droner tank?

With Imps:
Mind Control 3, Exp Mind Control 3, Special Riggers, Exp Mind Control 2
Drone Combat 3 eye
Dex Booster 3 Spine

Reach Willpower 111, Remote 163. Can't reach any rare drones but will be able to hit 200 M-C too with BatQueen arm in.
would you still reach the 112 neededin str to use POB then?

garyu69
09-08-04, 13:47
you'd only reach 92 STR with those Imps in so you would be left Paw of Tiger being the only Rare.

ezza
09-08-04, 14:08
nibbish then

[TgR]KILLER
09-08-04, 14:14
ezza give gary a break man. jezus he's just playing the char for fun and he won't pvp with it anyway :p

or he can try at least.. he sucks at pvp anyway ;) no offence gary i'm helping you here :p

ow btw.. if you go hc / mc.. don't put all in wep but get some cool psu to ;)

Original monk
09-08-04, 14:14
i want a copbotplasmaweilding riflekamitank like GOD said in a previous thread, but since those weapons are illegal to weild in public i had to settle with a hybridtank, whereafter the melleecappoint got nerfed :)

so now im kinda stuck, i dunno if im lomming back to HC or lom further to mellee, or even make a pistoltank like i used to be in early retail :) , a dronertank isnt the ideal i think, altough possible probably but with so less int :/ it isnt gonna be easy :)

ezza
09-08-04, 14:16
ezza give gary a break man. jezus he's just playing the char for fun and he won't pvp with it anyway

bahh hes befouling my beloved class, how dare he :mad:

:p

ya i didnt think he was gonna be pvping ,but even PvM is gonna be sucky, proberbly get about 50% damage on high end drones lol

sanityislost
09-08-04, 14:16
im kinda thinking low tech melee tank atm.....havent a clue why tho

SiL ..:..

evs
09-08-04, 14:17
you'd only reach 92 STR with those Imps in so you would be left Paw of Tiger being the only Rare.

which is poo lol

if you spec up to cap TSG and then chuck the rest in M-C you should be ok.

Cant for the life remember what TSG damage/rof caps at though

about 160 isnt it?

bah my addled brain lol

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 14:20
Class setup. Welcome to the world of hybrids!

Now practice up, get PvPing, and show those "pure" characters who the real gimps are ;)

[TgR]KILLER
09-08-04, 14:23
ezza.. every other week i see you got a new sig.. then its ppu then its apu then its hybrid then its hightech tank then its lowtech.. you even got a class of your own ? ;) my class is PE 4 evah :p

garyu69
09-08-04, 14:27
but even PvM is gonna be sucky, proberbly get about 50% damage on high end drones lolPvM on the Hybrid M-C/H-C is good. I just hop in my Reveller drive it to a spot hop out jump on the gun and start killing, Loot, then drive away. He's only rank /38 at the moment with Base 65 STR but has no problem taking down Grims.

ezza
09-08-04, 14:27
Class setup. Welcome to the world of hybrids!

Now practice up, get PvPing, and show those "pure" characters who the real gimps are ;)
drug addicted PA4 tanks is the way forward imo ;)

ezza
09-08-04, 14:28
KILLER']ezza.. every other week i see you got a new sig.. then its ppu then its apu then its hybrid then its hightech tank then its lowtech.. you even got a class of your own ? ;) my class is PE 4 evah :p
of course, thou out it all i had my tank, had him for 18months.

but i do also have 3 accounts, thats 12 chars not including past deleted chars so there :p

[TgR]KILLER
09-08-04, 14:28
talking about hybrids.. don't make me post husk's spy setup again i put on the forum earlyer...

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 14:35
drug addicted PA4 tanks is the way forward imo ;)
Inquisition2/Shelter/Tangent ARS/Plasma Wave spies, tbh lol wtf hax.

I'm just wondering how I can gimp myself further... hmm...

Renetschi
09-08-04, 15:15
I'm just wondering how I can gimp myself further... hmm...

The gimpest gimp class ever: my pistol ppu with dex 57 to use an unlabeled sunray pistol :) dex booster 2, special science, balance 3, motoric 3, defensive 3 :cool:

evs
09-08-04, 15:25
Now there's a challenge - the most 'un-cookie cutter' setup ever lol

pity tanks psi is so low hrhrhrhr

enr halo using pe ? :D