PDA

View Full Version : H-C/M-C Hybrid Tank

Bl$st3r
09-08-04, 03:59
Can this work with switching out PAs and low Melee base(lots from implants)
I want to pvp

NaKoth
09-08-04, 08:16
I suppose, it could work. But since you mentioned that you want to PvP, I would have to say, that pick one from the skills. To use HC efficiently you need pretty much all the STR points in HC... well could spare few with PA3.

Also, there are not many situations where this hybrid setup would help you. If you are melee, then the range of some cannons (ravager) can be a useful thing, or AoE weapons, but the time you would use them in a OP fight would be less then 10%. And not to mention to swap the PAs every time ... horrible.

And if you are HC , you will probably have so many points speced in HC that the best MC u can efficiently use, wouldnt be that good.

(If u want to try it , I would make MC tank, who could use the Tangent Epic cannon, and prolly some AoE ones.)

Beliar
09-08-04, 11:35
- Moved to "Player 2 Player Help"

Sargas
09-08-04, 12:39
I tested such a hybrid and think that you have too little skill points to make enough damage with mc AND hc. The Kamikaze chip for tanks would be fine for this task but the resists malus destroys the positive effect.
Perhaps is there someone who find a setup that works but my experience says "no".

Bl$st3r
09-08-04, 18:53
how much M-C and H-C are both needed to be at least decent? (this is with the type of PA ill need on atm, and btw I am going to be switching out PAs If I use this setup)

ZAMOLXE
10-08-04, 03:26
Dont forget the good drugs, that gives you +25 in H-C and the other one much more in M-C (the rare one, from the Shamane).

btw. ... PAs for Hybrids are shit, try a good setup w/out them ;).

zam

Sargas
10-08-04, 08:40
how much M-C and H-C are both needed to be at least decent? (this is with the type of PA ill need on atm, and btw I am going to be switching out PAs If I use this setup)

I think you should concentrate on one side and put the rest of the skill points in the other skill. Because otherwise you cant really use the one or the other.
Im not sure after the last melee-patch, but as far as I know you cap the Devils Grace with aorund 210 MC. For HC you can't have too much HC.

Dont forget the good drugs, that gives you +25 in H-C and the other one much more in M-C (the rare one, from the Shamane).

btw. ... PAs for Hybrids are shit, try a good setup w/out them ;).

zam

I think for using this setup often the rare drugs are too "rare". Or you have to have many friends or a clan who help you collecting them.

ZAMOLXE
10-08-04, 11:02
Well sure ...

atm you (as a TANK) have to go with a PPU (with the "no skill Sanctum"), rush the Shamane in the cave, that goes in about 50 - 80 Sec. (dont even need to recast the Sanctum), loot the Shamane and go out.
With this "taktik" (lol, KK make it possible) you have in one day about 30 - 50 Drugs.

If you take Beast, X-Strong and the Mushroom you can cap your H-C weapons and your M-C weapons too (perhaps with Tiger blood even better), and dont forget the h-c/m-c buff from PPU (look what you beter need, i think m-c buff is better).

zam

Bl$st3r
10-08-04, 23:41
nice, thanks alot guys great info, i have decided to be mainly melee based with enough H-C for teh levels and when I'm done I will maybe LoM it all.

Viper Venom
16-08-04, 09:21
i cape a devils grace with 185 meele :P not sure how but i do, soo 110 points are in heavy, then u have the moveon and the marine and such (a bloody herk if i could get a new one) batqueen arm is best and some other stuf and u can eficiently cap meele with 140+ with a cs or mal