PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck.......

Tomalak
08-08-04, 23:19
So I was transferring a new holy lightning to another of my characters by leaving it in the apartment foyer...
Some lucky shmuck zone-bugged into the foyer, I'm guessing he got my HL, although he swears he never saw it..
Can I do anything about this? Or is is classified as my stupid mistake for throwing it on the floor..Man, I've used the foyer transfer without a problem so many times, I was always scared this would happen......

rob444
08-08-04, 23:22
Well I'm actually unsure, since he got to your appy trough a bug which shouldnt have happened. I highly doubt they will get your item back but there is a possibility, or they would give you the 100k (doh) or nothing at all :(

Underground
08-08-04, 23:23
Well I'm actually unsure, since he got to your appy trough a bug which shouldnt have happened. I highly doubt they will get your item back but there is a possibility, or they would give you the 100k (doh) or nothing at all :(

they dont do the 100k thing anymore

40$Poser
08-08-04, 23:23
Ouch that sucks :/

A risk, thus if I ever do that kind of a transfer I wait a bit before logging to make sure no one gets synced up. :x

Jailbird
08-08-04, 23:24
same thing happend to a friend of mine.. he was able to loot a recycle glove :p

try asking someone to do the transfers for you usualy or just place it in a box somewhere in plaza since nobody really bothers in checking them.

Dirk_Gently
08-08-04, 23:24
I always figured that would be an exploit as it is a known bug. But then judging by the number of people who zone into your apt through the bug and shoot at you I guess it isn't.

Underground
08-08-04, 23:26
I always figured that would be an exploit as it is a known bug. But then judging by the number of people who zone into your apt through the bug and shoot at you I guess it isn't.

Its one of the only ways to get a fight on pluto now, keep zoning from plaza 1 to plaza 2 till you synch into someones apt and kill em regardless of who they are :angel:

Garg [RogueNET]
i transfer stuff the same way.. i once threw my SF down on floor then logged my alt, as i logged in i fataled and had to restart a bit stressed about maybe loosing it i logged on jumped up the elvator and just as i took it some sod zoned into my appy, if i wouldve been 2 secs slower i would have lost a SF.. guess im a bit luckier then u =(

rob444
they dont do the 100k thing anymore

Didnt know.

Genty
Harsh but transfering stuff via the floor is always a risky business. Perhaps use a "friend" next time?...

Xiphias
08-08-04, 23:27
lol, i once did that, i had just constructed a 5 slotted holy heal, ultimated 5 slot shelter and deflector, and logged onto my ppu, and someone in my clan at the time was screaming that they had zoned into someones apt to find a bunch of "quality spells"

i rushed to where my spells were put and they were missing, i asked who had made them, and he gave them back, but thank god it was a clan mate and not someone else.

but on topic, it was a bug that they zoned into your apt unless it was someone that knows your apt password and followed you up and took them when you logged. so maybe you'll get 100k for the loss of your holy lightning :(

Wank3r
08-08-04, 23:28
I guess you have to learn to get a friend or someone you can trust to transfer your items...Or at least put it in a box.

At least you know for the future.

Candaman
08-08-04, 23:28
for long times items have dissapeared on the floor rares seem to dissapear faster when i was a noob i lost 4 rare rifles when re-arranging my cabs just by leaving them on the floor behind me i turned round they were gone i only ever use boxes @ ops where no one goes and thats only if i can't dual log or get a mate to hold it.

DonnyJepp
08-08-04, 23:38
The midnight bug could have eaten it also.

Tomalak
08-08-04, 23:40
oh well
I guess I'll wait for the next rollback..
DidN't think I'd ever WANT a rollback, Saturn's getting interesting...
lol

Xiphias
08-08-04, 23:42
The midnight bug could have eaten it also.

problem is, time of him losing his hl is 11.20 pm in germany :rolleyes:

Candaman
08-08-04, 23:43
problem is, time of him losing his hl is 11.20 pm in germany :rolleyes:

its midnight in game not in rl :rolleyes:

Xiphias
08-08-04, 23:44
its midnight in game not in rl :rolleyes:

my bad.

Tomalak
08-08-04, 23:45
What, the game clock hits midnight and things get weird?
Never noticed that before..
What is it?

Ascension
08-08-04, 23:45
Man that sucks.. it aint your fault you lost it, if the game wasnt so buggy that wouldnt of happened :( we shouldnt have to use a friend, we should be able to rely on the game to be safe.. o_O

/set wake_self 1 :(

Candaman
08-08-04, 23:49
What is it?

The game clock hits midnight the it basically enque's a zone reset and everything on the floor gets wiped including corpses and items

Wilco
08-08-04, 23:51
What is it?
Midnight (ingame) seems to be "cleanup"-time for the servers (zones)...
Kill some mobs just before midnight and when the clock rolls over to 0:00 you'll notice that all mobs vanish shortly, and every corpse "insta-decays"...

It's very nice to work on a hard mob, leaving it alone when it's near 0:00 so the loot doesn't vanish, just to find some stupid "finishing" it by chopping the few remaining hits from the mob... *gnarf* :rolleyes: :eek: O_o :mad:

HTH, Wilco

notneo
09-08-04, 12:30
the simple answer is to have 2 accounts running so you can transfer stuff as you like

ichinin
09-08-04, 12:37
Items are also wiped after 10 minutes of beeing on the floor so do NEVER EVER place items you dont wanna risk loosing on the floor. (I've tested a quickbelt on the floor filled with SR-1 drones.. been there for weeks now though so ALL is not wiped daily - wish i could just buy extra cabinets....)

-REMUS-
09-08-04, 12:41
Items are also wiped after 10 minutes of beeing on the floor so do NEVER EVER place items you dont wanna risk loosing on the floor. (I've tested a quickbelt on the floor filled with SR-1 drones.. been there for weeks now though so ALL is not wiped daily - wish i could just buy extra cabinets....)

thats not true, i leave stuff on the floor of my appartment regually old ammo, techs even a cs I forgot about lol.

MjukisDjur
09-08-04, 13:16
Venus got trashcans all over the place. I want the same on Saturn :)

Selendor
09-08-04, 13:28
Yeah I think its something like 10 minutes if you're actually in the zone, and the midnight thing I'm not sure if you have to be there around the time.

For instance if you buy an appt and throw out the rubbish that starts in it you can come back to that app a month later and the rubbish is still on the floor.

I used to transfer in Plaza boxes but back when there were newbies the boxes used to be checked regularly, so now I drop items in appt doorways, never lost anything yet cause I always check the time before I do it. Also make sure both my characters are there for a quick relog.

But like has been said the best way it to get a friend to hold or use clan cabs etc.

SorkZmok
09-08-04, 13:36
Only if someone is in that apt. If you throw down something and come back to the apt a day later it will still be there.
The midnight bug also does not work in apts i think. At least i never had it happen to me and i transfer stuff via apt floors all the time. Never ever lost an item.

To the threadstarter...normally ppl accidently zone in some seconds after you so you shouldve seen him.

Actually a statement by KK how and when exactly stuff dissappears in apts would be nice. But i bet they dont know themselves. :p

Selendor
09-08-04, 13:39
Oh yeah I did lose an item the other day and I think its because I dropped it too close to the lift doors of my appt, when I logged back my other items remained but that one had gone. Could be another explanation for your loss.