PDA

View Full Version : ONE simple Answer

Ryman
08-08-04, 16:32
Ok so KK have stated there will be no character wipe , for this we have to trust them .

But the question on everyone`s mind is Item wipe or not ?

The fact that they have stated no character wipe , but fail to answer the item wipe question leaves me to the conclusion that KK have decided now would be a bad time to give out bad news (there will be an item wipe) and if left until NC2 is almost here people will have that on their mind to look forward to to balance out the bad news of an item wipe as much as it possibly can .

this is only a guess based on things ive seen in the past in all walks of life and the way companys deal with difficult descisions that involve bad news, but could also be nothing at all .

But if it is nothing and there will be no item wipe then someone from KK would have taken time (one minute would do) (anyone can spare a minute) to tell people and calm them down .

As it stands , if there is no anouncement on the matter this week , I think we will already know the answer .

sorry to post yet another messege on this subject .

..i..DemonX
08-08-04, 16:39
U wont get a answer anyway ... like say 20 other Threads ask about same or more and all not got a single offical answer!
Sad to say but KK not care about our questions it seems!

Aziraphale
08-08-04, 16:55
Maybe they just haven't decided yet.

Dirk_Gently
08-08-04, 16:57
Maybe they are too busy trying to work out how the hell they are going to transfer items to stop them losing half their customers??

Birkoff
08-08-04, 17:02
Maybe.. you should post this under one of the other 3000 threads about item wipes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Partial item wipe = teh win

..i..DemonX
08-08-04, 18:57
Partial item wipe = teh win

true!

Spy XX
08-08-04, 19:06
what about wiping the items of the ones wanting an item wipe and not wiping the other players :p

or make 2 different servers, one where you can transfer your char with your items and one without, so you got 1 servers for everyone saying "i don't want everyone too keep their items" and one for the other side.

MrChumble
08-08-04, 19:08
I really wish KK would clear this up one way or the other. I'd happily have an item wipe if it would stop people posting threads about whether we should have one or not :p

Lexxuk
08-08-04, 19:10
I really wish KK would clear this up one way or the other. I'd happily have an item wipe if it would stop people posting threads about whether we should have one or not :p

I think thats their plan, wear us down with thousands of "will there be a wipe" threads so we just WANT SO BADLY to know that we dont care if there is a total wipe of everything just so long as we know either way :lol:

Biznatchy
08-08-04, 19:42
Ok who said item wipe was a bad idea. There has been too many dupe hacks money hacks in the past to move to a NC2 with any thing that resembles a good economy. The fact that most mc5 parts cost over 20 mill now is just one example of the games economy out of control. They need to get the inflation under control and the only way to do that is wipe money.

There have many item dupe hacks and bad GM's spawning loads of crap that shouldnt be on the server. The most famous is the spirit mods. There was only suppose to be like 3 on saturn as I heard the gm that was running around as the fantom sniper only died 3 times or close to that. I know one clan that has more spirit mods than that and my PPU has been hit by a few snipers so I know there has been foul play there. Item wipe is the only way to fairly fix these problems.

I know a few people have some legit cool shit like the guy that had a special belt of zig. On the few occasions the GM's might be inclined to have some deals made. But for the most part starting from scratch is the only way to right the last couple of years of bad shit that has went on.

Live, Learn, get over it move on. Beside we might see Cracky and his gang running around pepper park with knuckles attempting to pk people.

Tomalak
08-08-04, 19:46
Hmm..I've decided that I prefer the partial wipe idea...
Just a gogo full is enough for me..
4 characters x 2 accounts=8 gogo's available..
More than enough for my needs.

ichinin
08-08-04, 19:46
Why not create 2 sets of servers, 1 with full import and 1 with fresh as i suggested.. then you can choose if you want to play in a fucked up economy or not :D

Nidhogg
08-08-04, 19:49
Please use one of the other threads to discuss this.

N