PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these numbers?

nugz420
08-08-04, 04:20
Was bored and decied to see how many patches the beta has had so far.So went and seen that there has been 8 patches so far.Those 8 patches were a total of 127mb.

After I seen that I got Thinking hmm that seems like alot of stuff in 8 patches.So I went to the retail patches and they were 157mb for all of the retail patches.

Guess everyones working hard. :D

Shujin
08-08-04, 04:54
;P i noticed all those patchs too

Drake6k
08-08-04, 05:14
I have faith in kk. They are not going to show us everything right now. They have us all hooked. Many pissed off from lack of information but they have us and we are getting just enough to keep on waiting.

Neocron 2 keeps looking better

bounty
08-08-04, 05:27
They know better than us that this is sink or swim time for the company. Even if they fail i bet they are putting 100% into this.

Birkoff
08-08-04, 05:33
Remember 155meg of that 157 was hot fixes for the 2 meg of real patching they did over the 2 years as well.

Its looking kinda good if we get to keep some items

Benjie
08-08-04, 08:00
I'm confident in Neocron 2.
Reakktor are obviously working very hard.
It's a surprise to see an optimistic thread for a change! :eek: :D
I guess the assholes who don't like NC but who still post on the forums havn't woken up yet. ;)

Archeus
08-08-04, 08:30
The downside to that kind of patching is that you need a whole beta cycle again to test the patch. Makes you wonder how fast the cycles are.

MrChumble
08-08-04, 10:23
I guess the assholes who don't like NC but who still post on the forums havn't woken up yet. ;)

*yawns* mmm...sleep...

It is good news, kinda. It shows they're working real hard, but we all knew that anyway. It also suggests there was 150mb of stuff needing fixed 8|

BDoY will rock. It really genuinly will. The question is will it rock on 1 September or in 2005 :p

Not long to go now. I'm allowing myself some minor excitement.

Endar
08-08-04, 11:41
Well thats great :) That means that KK is working to make the game better. The lack of patches and bug fixes in Neocron doesnt bother me now that I know they are working hard on NC2 :D

Biznatchy
08-08-04, 16:48
Was bored and decied to see how many patches the beta has had so far.So went and seen that there has been 8 patches so far.Those 8 patches were a total of 127mb.

After I seen that I got Thinking hmm that seems like alot of stuff in 8 patches.So I went to the retail patches and they were 157mb for all of the retail patches.

Guess everyones working hard. :D

Well if you think that the first release had like 162 patches during beta and we all know that was a solid bug free product when it went gold. So if they are at 8 patches on the nc2 beta server we still have what 3 months.

Dirk_Gently
08-08-04, 17:00
It also suggests there was 150mb of stuff needing fixed.

That really isn't a great deal for a beta y'know.

I figure that with the experience they have from NC1 they will get NC2 right.

notneo
08-08-04, 19:55
one word for that dirk rofl

Spermy
08-08-04, 20:03
Nah, they'll do all right me reckons, if not i shall burn my preorder in a neaked effegy of destruction, and then start an account on SWG. :lol:

Tomalak
08-08-04, 20:04
....I figure that with the experience they have from NC1 they will get NC2 right....

You'd think so, wouldn't you?
We can only hope.

Archeus
09-08-04, 01:33
That really isn't a great deal for a beta y'know.

It is when your supposed to have gone to shipping 1st Sept.

Mobius
09-08-04, 01:39
yup they are working super hard.. had an conversation via e-mail with shütt and i got like one reply every 2 weeks hehe..

Mumblyfish
09-08-04, 01:41
Meh. They might hit the "going gold" date, they might not. Developers these days just seem to be really bad at estimating development time, so it's not like KK would be the first company to ever miss a deadline.

Richard Slade
09-08-04, 02:01
Kinda shows why there aren't so much activity in NC1 now, no?

Dirk_Gently
09-08-04, 02:35

Nah. Most of EA Sports' recent stuff has been released requiring a couple of hundred Meg of patching. Developers do anything to meet due dates, though I would suggest kk may be different on that score. ;)

Richard Slade
09-08-04, 02:38
Nah. Most of EA Sports' recent stuff has been released requiring a couple of hundred Meg of patching. Developers do anything to meet due dates, though I would suggest kk may be different on that score. ;)

Did you just compare patch sizes between totally different games?! o_O

Dirk_Gently
09-08-04, 02:47
Did you just compare patch sizes between totally different games?! o_O

Yes I did ;) I'm clever like that. :p

I was more trying to point out that alot of developers nowadays don't give a rat's-ass if the game is finished or not and release her anyway just to make the due date. Can't remember why really :wtf:

The best example of EA is Cricket 2004 which doesn't actually work unless you get it patched, however over 6 months on there isn't an official patch so you have to get hold of an unofficial one. EA deny the problem blaming users' PCs and telling them to update their drivers, despite the fact that the flaw is in the actual gameplay. The game doesn't work on any computer anywhere by all accounts.

Bad example I know, but whatever kk do I can always reassure myself that they are better than EA Sports.

It's in the game y'know ;)