PDA

View Full Version : AoE for spies

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 19:26
I never really thought about this till the other day and i know i should be putting it on the idea's forum. but rifles are the only none aoe weapon, tanks have rocket launchers rayguns etc, monks have barrel spells, pistol users have a rocket pistol and droners have lots of aoe drones. i myself have a rifle spy capped now so it wont make a difference to me :lol:

But, i think a aoe rifle should be implemented into the game.
i know that the rocket pistol isn't really good at all and very inaccurate. but with some tweaking it would be a good weapon to lvl with because of the aoe it has.

the scorpion caves are a good place for any class to start off at when they are low lvl. but rifle users are the only ones not gettin any aoe weapons.
the only problem that might arise is people wont be too happy about been sniped with a rocket rifle rofl.

does anyone think this is a good idea??
or should riflers not have aoe weapons??

MrChumble
07-08-04, 19:28
Use drones. It's a trite reply...but really, use drones. If you want to level drones > rifles. I'd even say droning is better for PvP, unless you have a spirit mod.

Dont Mess
07-08-04, 19:29
i have 1 that im gonna start designin but cant think of a name

a rilfe that looks like the redeemer and fires fusion but dosnt have a great distance. where the fusion is fired it sticks for like 3 seconds before blowing up and causing a necular explosion effect.

Terayon
07-08-04, 19:44
why dont you make some kind of energy rifle with the same effect as the multi energy bolt? that way we wontget another fusion kind of rifle and... its awsome :P

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 19:52
something along those lines would be kool guys i mean every class has an aoe weapon apart from rifle user

Doc Holliday
07-08-04, 19:55
underslung grenade launcher as a mod for existing rifles. the win.

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 19:56
hmmm. making me think that why not have a rifle that shoot grenades?? i mean we have those in rl for a start so why not in a game :lol:

Terayon
07-08-04, 20:08
isent it almsot exactly the same as the regular gernade launcher? and how is it a rifle? if you want an aoe rifle yo better have a good idea of somthing thats not already ingame.

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 20:12
yeah i do like a rocket rifle?? they already have rocket pistol and launcher o_O .

and the rifle im refering to is in rl which is an mx 45 grenade launcher. or a m4 assault rifle with a built in grenade launcher

Nasher
07-08-04, 20:12
Spys get kamiakzi drones which are very powerful :P

But I would like some sort of remote bomb, like a satched charge :D

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 20:13
im not saying spies dont have aoe waepons, im saying that no aoe rifles are ingame yet they have aoe pistols and cannons and drones and spells.

btw good idea about remote bombs

Aziraphale
07-08-04, 20:14
Real men use a HC spy ;)

But yeah, an AOE would be nice, very nice. I think fusion rifles should be made AOE, then people might actually use the fucking things.

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 20:16
i agree about fusion rifles been made aoe it would be a start

enigma_b17
07-08-04, 20:19
rifles ave no aoe, and tbh that rocket launcher pistol is just useless, does crappy damage even at the highest lvl

ROZZER187
07-08-04, 20:25
i know the rocket pistol suxx that why i said tweak it aswell as add new aoe rifles

Drake6k
07-08-04, 21:05
Aoe pistols are just a fun little bonus for pistols. Rifles got sniperrifles.

I dont believe rifles should get a strange aoe weapon... anything that big could be considered a heavy weapon. Nades and rockets wouldnt make any sense.

If rifles got anything I think shotguns should be aoe.

I have seen this thread at least 5 times before ffs. It's always the same thing.

ichinin
07-08-04, 21:08
Why not make the Fusion rifle AOE ? The Lightbringers and deemer are piss poor anyway..

greendonkeyuk
07-08-04, 21:44
I have seen this thread at least 5 times before ffs. It's always the same thing.

that just means its popular jack. nice idea rozzer.

Juht
07-08-04, 22:05
What about another mod? Maybe a grenade launching mod for shotguns? Mostly in the same regards as the Spirit mod, which is sniper rifle only.

At the moment the terminator is mostly a toy... turning it into a well rounded exp rifle, might be nice. :D

seraphian
07-08-04, 22:18
IRL there are 12+ (IE a bit bigger than a comercial 12 gage to prevent use in a commercial shotgun) shells for the Pancor Jackhammer that are explosive mini-grenades... also grenade launchers are very popular add-ons for military rifles (IE the US M-203 underbarrel 40mm grenade launchers...)

I'd like to see secondary fire modes in general in NC...

Aziraphale
07-08-04, 22:20
to prevent use in a commercial shotgun

Commercial shotgun o.o' jeezus America scares me.

seraphian
07-08-04, 22:26
It's not so bad really, the hardest part is getting a slimline bulletproof vest that works with your outfit...

you know how hard it is to get a spaghetti-strap class VII ceramic vest?

not to mention purse space, you know, makeup compact, wallet, mirror, birth control pills, tampons, glock G-18 with a laser sight and recoil supressor, 2 extra clips, lipstick, M24 incendiary grenade: it gets heavy!

(OK, that's a joke, I'm making fun of the tendancy to assume we all carry this shit around... it's not that bad really, you never relly think about it.)

Garg [RogueNET]
07-08-04, 22:30
I say make grenade launchers TL 20, 45 and 75 and make it RC instead of HC

john irons
07-08-04, 22:35
errr why not just make a new rifle that looks like a plasma rifle but with a grenade launcher underneath like the assault rifle in aliens

and to balance it i guess you would have to change ammo over manually.

Blargius
07-08-04, 22:49
I have a Defender Rocket Launcher in my GoGu for situational AoE needs (I haven't found that situation yet). But It sure would be nice to level my Dex with AoE's.

D31C1D3 40/50<<<< RifleSpy Saturn
TL 150 Research

ROZZER187
08-08-04, 12:21
thats what im saying, i aoe rifle to lvl with, why should someone have to use drones to lvl quicker then have to spend hours lomming to rifle. i know there are no aoe rifles in the game like someone already pointed out thats why i made this post.

any aoe rifle would be a start and rifles dont have to be put in the same category as cannons, rifles exist in rl that can shoot grenades eg. mx 45 grenade launcher.

limit the range on em if they make em that way you wont get sniped by a grenade launcher :lol:

all im saying is why should every class of weapon have an aoe apart from rifles??

Brammers
08-08-04, 18:41
Is the Redeemer a AoE weapon?

Otherwise spies only have the AoE drones, FC-1000, RK-1000, RG-1000..etc.

ROZZER187
08-08-04, 18:47
nah redeemer aint aoe :(
thats why i think an aoe rifle should be brought out, why exclude one weapon from the rest? every other weapon has an aoe of it imo rifles should too.