PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] In game ethics

MrChumble
07-08-04, 00:23
I just had a slightly bitter argument with a 'friend' over whether I was grief playing or not. Given I was pretty heated at the time it's possible I was. Today you get to be the judge.

A certain CM clan on pluto recently split up. Most of the active players went off to form a new BD clan. BD have been the main enemies of this CM clan for the year it has existed, so this move was seen as a slap in the face by some (by some I mean me :)).

I was in PP on my PPU. As I always do I healed and buffed the people I'm allied to or like, and gave red & blue buffs to the people I didn't like. It just so happens that in this case they were BD who happened to be in my old CM clan...

There was an element of spite involved. I'm still bitter about the way the clan split. However, had there been no back history I would have done exactly the same anyway, just like I've done hundreds of times previously.

Was I grief playing? You decide!

Lexxuk
07-08-04, 00:25
we still <3 you

cRazy2003
07-08-04, 00:26
i was in the clan, it got some peculiar name so i left, i did find it quite peculiar when i continued to get attacked by 2 of my old clan members in pepper park, in my opinion to do things like that is wrong, there should be something to stop it, i know they have the freedom to do so but it is a bit fecked up.

-=Daz=-
07-08-04, 00:27
If there an enemy faction then fair enough, them being old clannies just gave you more of a reason to fight them, at least they are an enemy in rp

Saza
07-08-04, 00:28
I'm in the BD clan, but I wasn't in the CM clan.

Masta killa is the leader, he says red is dead, unless we don't wanna kill our mates. So sorry Chumble, if you're attacked because you're red to us, then it means we want you to die. Nothing personal, its just the way the clan works.

Have a nice day :)

MrChumble
07-08-04, 00:29
So sorry Chumble, if you're attacked because you're red to us

It was me attacking you guys. BD will always be KoS to me :p

Barak
07-08-04, 00:33
I will say this:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

serves you right for zoning up and down the sewers chumble :D
and for para and damage boosting me...

Genty
07-08-04, 00:34
Friends ingame only last as long as you want them to last. If you now find yourself in enemy clans...fuck 'em up.

Barak
07-08-04, 00:35
Friends ingame only last as long as you want them to last. If you now find yourself in enemy clans...fuck 'em up.
genty being king of leave Cm for some dozy oik in BD and drive around Mb in a rhino like a fuckwit :)

MrChumble
07-08-04, 00:37
serves you right for zoning up and down the sewers chumble :D

I guess you're talking about the part where I FRE'd and died. Again. Not entirely sure how that's relevent to this thread.

Genty
07-08-04, 00:43
genty being king of leave Cm for some dozy oik in BD and drive around Mb in a rhino like a fuckwit :)

You gotta admit it was fun, especially the vehicle chases :D

Shadow Dancer
07-08-04, 00:45
No you weren't grief playing. Normally if I see a friend in a hostile clan, I leave the area and DM him saying "I'm going to attack you. :P". I give them some type of heads up, since they may not be expecting it.

creech
07-08-04, 00:54
If your enemy in game then fairs fair, but what the discussion was about, was para spam in pp, personally it makes my blood boil, possibly why the discussion was so heated.

The poll should be changed to:
Do you like being para spammed in PP ?
yes:
no:

the discussion was never about attacking friends, or at least wasnt to some of us

Genty
07-08-04, 00:56
the discussion was never about attacking friends, or at least wasnt to some of us

What can I say? I see what i wanna see.

greendonkeyuk
07-08-04, 00:56
what are red and blue buffs?

Lexxuk
07-08-04, 00:58
what are red and blue buffs?

DB/Para <3 (ps I'll hit u tomoz ;))

Barak
07-08-04, 00:58
what are red and blue buffs? Para = blue buffs
d-boost = red buffs
Poison = green buffs

and ignore lexxy - he sucks :)

creech
07-08-04, 01:03
What can I say? I see what i wanna see.

discussion was between me n chumble, shock horror :p

Genty
07-08-04, 01:06
discussion was between me n chumble, shock horror :p

Yes darling, I will read you a bed time story soon.

creech
07-08-04, 01:06
oh oh, u promise ?

Genty
07-08-04, 01:12
Yes I promise, the story better not be "Little Princess" again. I am kind of sick of that.

Lexxuk
07-08-04, 01:13
Para = blue buffs
d-boost = red buffs
Poison = green buffs

and ignore lexxy - he sucks :)

omg, thats so unfair, remind me to drag you to NF and whoop ur girly ass :p

Barak
07-08-04, 01:13
get a room you two... :p

creech
07-08-04, 01:16
haha, love crayon for all!

CarniFlex
07-08-04, 03:05
red = dead
Regardless of history. Id even go so far and say that chatting with a red faction makes you a suspect and even traitorous to your own faction...

ezza
07-08-04, 03:07
I just had a slightly bitter argument with a 'friend' over whether I was grief playing or not. Given I was pretty heated at the time it's possible I was. Today you get to be the judge.

A certain CM clan on pluto recently split up. Most of the active players went off to form a new BD clan. BD have been the main enemies of this CM clan for the year it has existed, so this move was seen as a slap in the face by some (by some I mean me :)).

I was in PP on my PPU. As I always do I healed and buffed the people I'm allied to or like, and gave red & blue buffs to the people I didn't like. It just so happens that in this case they were BD who happened to be in my old CM clan...

There was an element of spite involved. I'm still bitter about the way the clan split. However, had there been no back history I would have done exactly the same anyway, just like I've done hundreds of times previously.

Was I grief playing? You decide!umm is that all?

thats not grief play, thats just doing what the games about

its funny when i left CM to go BD, my way of delivering a slap in the face, was by killing one of the main leaders involved in the City Merc Alliance :lol:

Edit: OMG im a fucking noob, i ment to click on no, forgot what iwas doing and clicked on yes.

nibbish, thats what i get for posting at 2am :mad:

Jest
07-08-04, 10:21
I think its disappointed to see friendships destroyed over something as simple as being enemies. If I see red, I attack, its nothing personal. I was in the crackheads (a BD clan) before I started up again in FA. When they attacked, I defended, and when I saw them in Pepper Park, I attacked. It was never personal from my side or theirs. When I left FA to become BD again, I hated a few particular FA, but that didnt ruin my friendship with the other FA. I still post on the FA boards occasionally. I roleplay my character a certain way, and just because I kill you doesnt mean I dislike you or hold a grudge. It simply means we are enemies.

Hell half my clan left for AYB, but I dont hold it against them. I would have liked them to have stayed of course, but it is their decision. I wont hold it against their character nor will I consider us any less of friends simply for joining an enemy clan. The "its just a game" comment doesnt really work here, because Neocron isnt just a game. BUT, Ill say it anyways. Because its something I think we all need to keep in mind. Its just a game. If you are basing your friendships with people based on the F6 key, then maybe you need to ask yourself if you are taking the game too seriously. (Thats the general 'you' btw). So no, I dont think it was grief play. In fact I think its so far away from grief play that Im unsure why people might think it is...

mishkin
07-08-04, 10:45
I was in the CM clan, am in the BD clan now, and I'm gonna leave again.... going back to cm now that they have new enemies :D

Btw, chumble... haven't seen our beloved ex-leader for some time.... is he still playing...? :confused:

Saza
07-08-04, 10:47
I was in the CM clan, am in the BD clan now, and I'm gonna leave again.... going back to cm now that they have new enemies :D
Whaaaaa? No don't go Prox, we <3 you!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

MrChumble
07-08-04, 11:21
I think part of the problem stemmed from me being a PPU. PPUs aren't really welcome in PvP at the best of times :(

Btw, chumble... haven't seen our beloved ex-leader for some time.... is he still playing...? :confused:

Yeah he's on holiday with the kids, I think he's due back next weekend. I doubt he'll be taking over the clan though, he didn't like running it :lol:

Jonax
07-08-04, 11:42
1) The clan split - In most cases, only attacking your own clan (like they are) can be expected to be unjustified.
2) You were CA, they were BD - RP wise, they are enemies and as such should have been taken out.
3) A mutual agreement of not attacking resulting splinter clans was assumed but not "put in writing" (i.e. it wasn't agreed). If this kind of thing wasn't wanted, well that's what NAPs are for.
4) Sometimes personal history warrants acceptability of attacking those you have a grudge with.

Hate to even say it meself, but calling attacks due to past history as griefing would be too carebear for me ;) (and I'm a career researcher FFS :lol: )

ezza
07-08-04, 11:51
imo attacks because of past clansmanship is fully justified.

take BD and CM in terms of the story.

BD hate CM cos they stole there sys admin guy, now bring your clan into it, now in return BD have stole some valuble CM members.

thats a eye for a eye stuff that is, and its time you took another eye from them so they cant see :D

Underground
07-08-04, 12:00
I think part of the problem stemmed from me being a PPU. PPUs aren't really welcome in PvP at the best of times :(

Yeah he's on holiday with the kids, I think he's due back next weekend. I doubt he'll be taking over the clan though, he didn't like running it :lol:

Youve got enought other chars to actually fight them properly, so why did you bring your PPU other then to fuck with them ?

MrChumble
07-08-04, 12:04
Youve got enought other chars to actually fight them properly, so why did you bring your PPU other then to fuck with them ?

:wtf:

Solitaire is my main char. I spent 90% of my NC time on him, and probably 75% of that dossing around in PP looking for trouble.

Tinks is currently dead in PP, and until I get my other PC working she ain't going anywhere.

Rawne is a researcher, nuff said.

StoneDance is a complete niblet, and Rosy is a droner - I just use her for rare hunting.

It's more unusual for me not to be on Solitaire really. Why shouldn't I go where the fights are with my main character :confused:

Jonax
07-08-04, 12:04

Did Chumble bring lube? 8|

Underground
07-08-04, 12:24
Did Chumble bring lube? 8|

iirc chumble prefers sand :p one of his fetish's

MrChumble
07-08-04, 12:26
iirc chumble prefers sand :p one of his fetish's

I think it's now safe to say that this thread is going no where. Mod please close.

Nidhogg
07-08-04, 13:44
Closed by Threadstarter.

N