PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Pluto?

Valmur
06-08-04, 15:19
Why don't you people play on Pluto? This is a common question.

That's it.

james_finn
06-08-04, 15:21
I do :D

Delphi

G.0.D.
06-08-04, 15:22
I do :D

G.0.D.

landofcake
I love Pluto loads ... great server, great people.

But i've been playing Saturn alot recently due to the terribly low player count, not much happening, and the fact that not many of the members of my clan are ever online :(

garyu69
I play on pluto.

But there is only so much you can do with the amount of people on.

I logged in last night to 5 AYB, i shouted on faction but no one cared and said they weren't going to bother, which pissed me off because there was an oppurtunity to do something. I obviously died being the only one who was going to attack. :rolleyes:

But you can't go take an OP without a clan, and you can't have a decent fight with yourself, and you can't trade if no one needs you :(

Underground
06-08-04, 15:23
I Do :D

Never you fkin mind ... :p

Candaman
06-08-04, 15:23
i can't find the will to play any server untill nc2 seeing as anything u accumulate is most likely gonna get wiped so all there is is to lvl and i'm fully capped

Syntax-Error
06-08-04, 15:24
and i cant be arsed to level and get ganked. just to take part in some poor PVP

Valmur
06-08-04, 15:27
"There's not enough people" is a weird dilemma.

How can there be people when there are no people?
And how can you say that?
You are $Players += 1;

ezza
06-08-04, 15:28
i dont play pluto cos i like having the 4 char slots as on saturn.

Dirk_Gently
06-08-04, 15:28
It's a 1 slot server I believe, therefore has no shelf-life.

cRazy2003
06-08-04, 15:29
im a direct follower of pluto on my spy, i will nevar leave.

Glorfindel
06-08-04, 15:30
I play on pluto to, dont play much atm tho cus its summer :p and there really sint much to do either.. :(

Valmur
06-08-04, 15:30
The less character slots, the more challenge.
I love challenge.

ezza
06-08-04, 15:38
The less character slots, the more challenge.
I love challenge.
ahh that must be why so many of pluto have multi accounts :rolleyes:

Valmur
06-08-04, 15:39
I don't.

ezza
06-08-04, 15:43
then your proberbly one of the few

Underground
06-08-04, 15:54
then your proberbly one of the few

Saturns there for the tight people :p

*runs away*

ezza
06-08-04, 15:55
Saturns there for the tight people :p

*runs away*
you can say that but then i have 3 accounts with 12 chars atm ;)

[TgR]KILLER
06-08-04, 16:17
i log in every day on pluto.. but log out after an hour or so its dead.. and if you get a fight in pp you always end up fighting way more people then you can handle.. so gone is the fun..

coppertop
06-08-04, 16:48
Pluto is great, and its the only server I play on but its really not got enough going on atm to log in unless you have some specific need.

I say stop with the 'whats wrong with pluto' type posts till DoY comes. Nothing is going to change the situation before then.

sanityislost
06-08-04, 16:53
i was slowly getting kinda pissed off with pluto (dunno why just was)
and then after the whole me spending 2 hours just to find a cster i left :/
may pop on every now and then but right now im leveling my tank on uranus

Oh n just wana say thanx to all the peeps who have been helping meh level
fast there :D <3

SiL ..:..

shend
06-08-04, 16:54
i play on pluto on a semi daily base.
the truth is that atm i enjoy it more than some weeks ago
the low pop doesnt scare me off.
i got myself an alt to lvl (is that blasphemy on pluto? :D )
and use the main char to poke those in need

the low pop makes people talk more to each other and i enjoy
that a lot. i expect things to improve once BDOy is back.
so let's not panic and enjoy the few weeks left in neocron as we know it.

Jest
06-08-04, 16:59

SiL ..:..Actually Ive found that getting a tradeskiller is no more easy on Uranus than it is on Pluto. Though pokers seem to be more common. Ive spent hours looking for researchers and constructors, and dont even get me started on how long it took me to get a weapon part 8. :p

I really only log Pluto to Neofrag or talk to people. Im mainly just getting a break from Pluto before NC2. Im sure when it gets close to a week or so before NC2 Ill be logging on more.

sanityislost
06-08-04, 17:03
Jest lol i can cst and ress for you there :P got 101 ress n 140cst both 150
tools. havent got a poker tho lol

chars to dm are sanityislost , mr lioon reza mkiii and seth jones

..i..DemonX
06-08-04, 17:06
I play Pluto, most of my Clan play Pluto and we never would leave realy. Pluto is so far the best server, even with his low playercount.
I fighted on Jupiter and it was realy realy pain in the ass, i fightet on Saturn and well not a diff to Jupiter, i tryed Venus but i dont speak any french so well.
Pluto may surely not be the Server with most ppl on but i think all that are on (or well most) are nice ppl and i enjoy play with and fight against them!

Btw ... what happend to the bug NDA comback? They lost a few fights right after "Hey im back!" and they gone again?

ezza
06-08-04, 17:12
proberbly waiting for NC2

or couldnt take getting beat after all that time away

Dirk_Gently
06-08-04, 17:19
Actually Ive found that getting a tradeskiller is no more easy on Uranus than it is on Pluto. Though pokers seem to be more common. Ive spent hours looking for researchers and constructors, and dont even get me started on how long it took me to get a weapon part 8.

I have high level constructor and researcher, and the full set of parts bps.

You obviously weren't looking in the right place.............or I don't like you :p

evs
06-08-04, 17:31
i logged on for last 20 mins and logged off.
In this time i......

ran around

did some aggy missions for SL

got bored as - noone on -no clans on

about 20 people logged in

got more bored and left

cRazy2003
06-08-04, 17:32
i logged on for last 20 mins and logged off.
In this time i......

ran around

did some aggy missions for SL

got bored as - noone on -no clans on

about 20 people logged in

got more bored and left

about an hour ago i logged on pluto on my spy

ran around

faught in pepper park

sold some techs

talked on ooc and trade

was fun :p

Inchenzo
06-08-04, 17:37
i don't play pluto, cos i don not like the thought of having to reroll my char everytime i want to try a different class, and there's no way of getting me to pay for 4 accounts,.. and i luv saturn cos i've been there since, umm it was up :)

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 17:42
and i cant be arsed to level and get ganked. just to take part in some poor PVP

How can you get ganked on pluto? I've *never* had a problem leveling on Plutonious.

i dont play pluto cos i like having the 4 char slots as on saturn.

Yea you stay on your lame server and i'll stay on mine where reputation means something and everyone has 1 slot.

*logs on to 2nd account*

I wish I could transfer my char to Saturn.

..i..DemonX
06-08-04, 17:43
How can you get ganked on pluto? I've *never* had a problem leveling on Plutonious.

Yea you stay on your lame server and i'll stay on mine where reputation means something and everyone has 1 slot.

*logs on to 2nd account*

I wish I could transfer my char to Saturn.

Noooooooo SD :mad:

Jest
06-08-04, 17:49

*logs on to 2nd account*

I wish I could transfer my char to Saturn.SD, imo, the fact that you have a character who has absolutely no tradeskills whatsoever, and yet critisize people with multiple accounts, doesnt add much to your argument. Basically you are expecting every one to make sacrifices with their characters while yours is pure combat. I cant sacrifice combat skills any more than you can, so I have a tradeskiller. Yes the system sucks, and Im certainly not blaming you for the system, Im just saying maybe you should rethink the whole bashing of multiple accounts things. At the very least tone it down a notch.

Candaman
06-08-04, 17:53
SD, imo, the fact that you have a character who has absolutely no tradeskills whatsoever, and yet critisize people with multiple accounts, doesnt add much to your argument. Basically you are expecting every one to make sacrifices with their characters while yours is pure combat. I cant sacrifice combat skills any more than you can, so I have a tradeskiller. Yes the system sucks, and Im certainly not blaming you for the system, Im just saying maybe you should rethink the whole bashing of multiple accounts things. At the very least tone it down a notch.

Bashing multiple accounts is his life though 70% of his posts

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 17:57
SD, imo, the fact that you have a character who has absolutely no tradeskills whatsoever, and yet critisize people with multiple accounts, doesnt add much to your argument. Basically you are expecting every one to make sacrifices with their characters while yours is pure combat. I cant sacrifice combat skills any more than you can, so I have a tradeskiller. Yes the system sucks, and Im certainly not blaming you for the system, Im just saying maybe you should rethink the whole bashing of multiple accounts things. At the very least tone it down a notch.

You haven't been reading my posts then. I'm not critiscizing people for having multiple accounts in itself. I'm criticzing them for having multiple accounts AND saying pluto should stay 1 char or saying stuff like "reputation is what counts, 1 char is hardcore". Obviously if they feel they "need" extra chars/accounts, then the 1 char system doesn't work does it? Yet they still advocate it. :rolleyes:

I don't think anything is wrong with extra accounts or chars. But I do think there is something wrong with hypocrisy.

Get it? :rolleyes:

Bashing multiple accounts is his life though 70% of his posts

C'mon cannings, you know that's BS. Jesus.

Candaman
06-08-04, 18:01
C'mon cannings, you know that's BS. Jesus.

sorry 75%?

Jest
06-08-04, 18:06
Well personally Im down with 2 slot servers. I think specialization doesnt allow for 1 slot servers without alts, and 4 slot servers are just waaaay to many slots. (Not necessarily because 4 characters on one server is too much, but because 8 or 12 characters is). BUT, I totally understand where people are coming from when they say repuation matters more on a 1 slot server, even with alts. It does. Its a simple matter of the fact that you pay for that single character. When I played my PPU Trickster, did I care about his repuation? Hell yes, I wasnt about to go around doing idiotic stuff. Do I care about the alts I have on Uranus? No. Because Im not paying for them. I could care less about their reps. Granted some people who are die hard 1 slot server people with like 9 accounts can be annoying, but I can still see where they are coming from at least.

I really hope they open up a 2 slot international server with NC2. :(

joran420
06-08-04, 18:08
I play pluto pretty exclusivly..although i wont be playing till i hear whether there will be a wipe or not....well pop in for some PP action every once in a while

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 18:09
Well personally Im down with 2 slot servers. I think specialization doesnt allow for 1 slot servers without alts, and 4 slot servers are just waaaay to many slots.

That's my WHOLE point Jest. Which is why I was :confused:@your last post.

You need to go back and do a search and look for the threads/posts where I suggested pluto become 2 char server, and then get flamed to high heaven by all the people with multiple accounts.

1 char just doesn't work IMO. Maybe if we had about a gazillion more people on pluto, :lol:. I honestly don't think KK took pluto/jupiter into account when forcing specialization. I've been in multiple clans, and in each one have seen people get a 2nd/3rd account just to make a tradeskiller, or to make a PPU for op fights(usually pes/spies did this :D).

Anyhow, I don't think KK will make Pluto 2 slot. They'll lose money.

Jest
06-08-04, 18:15
1 char just doesn't work IMO. Maybe if we had about a gazillion more people on pluto, :lol:. I honestly don't think KK took pluto/jupiter into account when forcing specialization. I've been in multiple clans, and in each one have seen people get a 2nd/3rd account just to make a tradeskiller, or to make a PPU for op fights(usually pes/spies did this :D).Lol I did both of those things actually. Made a PPU and a tradeskiller. Well bought a tradeskiller. :p Im not saying dont give up fighting for a 2nd slot server. Im just saying most of us have a second account for a reason and it seems like you posts are anti-multiple account for any and every situation.

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 18:18
it seems like you posts are anti-multiple account for any and every situation.

I honestly don't see how you can get that. I specifically explain multiple times in the past, that multiple accounts don't bother me. Just the attitudes of some of the people with them.

:wtf:

CarniFlex
06-08-04, 19:08
why i dont play on pluto

1. Jupiter -ich bin nicht ein deutche. And my german sucks, and i dont want to insult em by screaming those few bad german words i learnt playing horizons in a german guild.

2. uranus - I know some people actually like playing there but... the name ...

3. pluto - just rich dumb people with multiple accounts trying to play like they do on saturn for free.

3. saturn - 2nd to most populated server, never problems with finding tradeskillers. Most helpful community with con levelling. Multiple char slots so you dont have to buy 2nd, 3rd or 4th account like you do on jupiter and pluto.

Candaman
06-08-04, 19:15
why i dont play on pluto

1. Jupiter -ich bin nicht ein deutche. And my german sucks, and i dont want to insult em by screaming those few bad german words i learnt playing horizons in a german guild.

i don't speak a word of german actually tell a lie leff taught me to say deine schwester ist meine schlampe and some other random abuse but i still have the most fun on jupi

Mr Kot
06-08-04, 19:45
<=== Born and raised on Pluto.

Like everyone else, i do log on to Pluto every day. I see who is online in my clan. If no-one on, ill hang around plaza to see who's around or go on noob PPU duty in the aggies for a bit. If no joy there, ill log on Saturn. It's true that there is more "atmosphere" on Saturn. There's never a lonely moment, and im also in the middle of a long term experiment, levelling up two different classes of character so i can decide which i prefer. Eventually, my Pluto PE will be deleted so i can reroll to my "other" character. As u can appreciate, that will be a BIG step, so i've got to be absolutely sure that i love playing my new character.

Although it is said that finding tradeskillers is easier on Saturn, i have had no problem on Pluto either. I just announce my needs in plaza, then someone will log an alt sooner or later to attend to them.

pluto - just rich dumb people with multiple accounts trying to play like they do on saturn for free.

I agree. Having several accounts kinda takes away the challenge of making one's character the best it can be. It may be convenient to log an alt who can tradeskill, revenge PK, whatever, but it belies the concept of a one character server. In my opinion, if u want to play with multiple characters, experiment on Saturn or Uranus like im doing, then pick the "creme-de-la-creme" of your toons and create its "twin" on Pluto and really spend time equipping, levelling and - most importantly of all - loving your character.

The time i spend on Pluto is somewhat wasted in that i don't PvP very much. I would be of little use in an OP war, but as landofcake said, the people are fantastic and i will never leave. I may be killing time while waiting for the Wisdom of Ceres missions (not to mention the all new epics :) ) but i am a patient guy and i believe that good things come to those who wait. Until then, i'll just make myself useful and try to be there for those who need me.

As long as there are still people around, that is.

ichinin
06-08-04, 19:50
Play pluto, no probs.

Have had zero probs with PKers.. (ok, so i got stealth ..and run fast..and i tradeskill) but in general there is no problem starting up a 0/2 without LE there (or on Uranus), just dont do something stupid like run into Pepperpark.

Me and a few others try to help noobies out with stuff, cash and so at times. I'd sure like a second account so i could make my spy a 100% tradeskiller and get a 100% PvP character/rarehunter going..

EDIT: forgot to say; i also like Pluto because it's harder to level up with one character only, no creating a separate tradeskiller (except with 2'nd account) to support you character, and with 1 account, you REALLY have to think through your character..

Valmur
06-08-04, 20:35
Easy way: Message me, I'm nearly 24+1/7+1 online.
I construct your stuff =)

Valmur
06-08-04, 20:40
Having one account with four characters on the ... four-slot-servers is normal. Having two accounts with two characters shows respect towards the game. I'm not saying Saturn is really any, well, worse than Pluto. Pluto's just a better place for me.

(I WOULD get another account if I could afford it)

Xylaz
06-08-04, 22:16
Well that's the problem, i'd never buy another account to be able to get another char on pluto. I'd consider myself cheating... But its just me, probably.

As for now there are not many pkers on pluto but only because of low pop. You dont remeber times when NDA along with DarK were effectively griefing out of the game at least half of all new people who went into this game? I do. I've lost three new clan members due to griefers (they were people who just paid for their first month of playin), so nobody will convinve me that pluto is a newbie friendly server (well, unless newbie starts or moves into the pk factionm which was the reason why so many pvm clans appeared in TT and Crahn). Its just that now all those pkers moved to other servers because of the lack of population.

I've been playin on saturn for three weeks now. And all i can say is - the only difference between those two is that saturn has more people. Alts are a problem indeed, as most people on saturn, keep their alt in different factions. But that's about it. I really dont know what those legends about saturn came from. I had much much worse experiences from Pluto (crackheads, dark and nda, just for the record) - it was *never* a newbie friendly server to me...

Viper Venom
07-08-04, 06:27
i do, the only resason i aint been playing recently is cos i am cappin my hybreed psi on uranus and my hacking spys on saturn to see the diference, u get tired of playing tank forever, espeicaly when thers not many ppl online

Tupac
07-08-04, 09:15
Well that's the problem, i'd never buy another account to be able to get another char on pluto. I'd consider myself cheating... But its just me, probably.

As for now there are not many pkers on pluto but only because of low pop. You dont remeber times when NDA along with DarK were effectively griefing out of the game at least half of all new people who went into this game? I do. I've lost three new clan members due to griefers (they were people who just paid for their first month of playin), so nobody will convinve me that pluto is a newbie friendly server (well, unless newbie starts or moves into the pk factionm which was the reason why so many pvm clans appeared in TT and Crahn). Its just that now all those pkers moved to other servers because of the lack of population.

I've been playin on saturn for three weeks now. And all i can say is - the only difference between those two is that saturn has more people. Alts are a problem indeed, as most people on saturn, keep their alt in different factions. But that's about it. I really dont know what those legends about saturn came from. I had much much worse experiences from Pluto (crackheads, dark and nda, just for the record) - it was *never* a newbie friendly server to me...

yo u wanna quit bashing dark at every chance u get! cos umm dont forget u were red to us ? and so whats wrong with pking u?

Valmur
07-08-04, 09:28
I don't like anyone killing newbies except from newbies who ARE in a clan.
When you sign in for a clan you must know you will get the clan's enemies on you. Naturally. Killing newbies on Pluto is not very nice otherwise (at least 'lol n00b di3 u suk lol ure so n00b c0me to AGGY CELLZ and say dat again!!!1'-stuff). It won't help increase the population, though, PK/PvP is part of this game and shouldn't be taken too seriously. I don't think anyone has anything personal against you =).
Keep LE in until you're sure you can give a good fight back to the killers. If you can't just stay away from their territories. I haven't been killed many times even I've played on Pluto all the time (not further but I have mostly done tradeskilling until last week).

ezza
07-08-04, 10:43
Have had zero probs with PKers.. ya but lets face it, all most of the people who used to PK on pluto either dont play anymore or are on saturn.

tho i have to admit, when i originally played pluto theres no where near as much killing as saturn.

i got killed once by some NDA pussy, yet when i came back using my PoB(before boost) he ran like a little girl

i did see DarK(including tupac) genrep camp at MB once, but that kinda thing dont bother me

Tupac
07-08-04, 10:55
ya but lets face it, all most of the people who used to PK on pluto either dont play anymore or are on saturn.

tho i have to admit, when i originally played pluto theres no where near as much killing as saturn.

i got killed once by some NDA pussy, yet when i came back using my PoB(before boost) he ran like a little girl

i did see DarK(including tupac) genrep camp at MB once, but that kinda thing dont bother me

shh that was the old me!! the new me will camp just a lil further in now :P so i can suprise them :p

PsynetNeo
07-08-04, 17:59
Pluto used to be my one and only server until everyone moved to other servers, people make the game fun so i followed. Now i play mostly on saturn and uranus. But come on people, make an effort and come back to pluto once and awhile... we had some fun times there! Don't let it die :(