PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Skill related appearance

garyu69
06-08-04, 13:14
I know with DoY we are getting a facial appearence modifier type thingy....

...well how about physical appearance changing with your skills? Like a noob tank would not be too fast or strong, so have it so they appear to be quite fat and oaf like. But as they level up they get stronger and more muscler, therefore their body becomes more toned and if they are fast runners then their appearence turns to a more athletic one.

just an idea, not sure if you could do something with other classes. Maybe monks start to look more magical as they level, or Spies could look really geeky to smart but then turn out to look really smooth.

i dunno, just a thought.

rob444
06-08-04, 13:33
Yeah it's a good idea. Rated and here is a rep point for you :p

LiL T
06-08-04, 13:36
Thats a cool idea you got there gets my vote :) just wondering what my female pe would look like If I went H-C :lol: :lol:

Capt. Rik
06-08-04, 13:56
yep, good idea

ichinin
06-08-04, 15:00
*Ding Ding*

Cool idea alert!

Richard Slade
06-08-04, 15:02

Candaman
06-08-04, 15:08
good idea but never gonna happen

landofcake
06-08-04, 15:10
Good idea, but something would have to be done about the PA, because currently you generally dont see a player, just PA (unless they're a Hybrid or a Melee PE or something ...)

garyu69
06-08-04, 15:52
awww you like my idea and gave me rep points. Apart from that Drake6k, everyone, throw a rock at him!

I had a think for Spies.
Especially a trader, starts off looking like a young employee type person but when highly skilled looks like a well established Businessman with a nice suit.

Lexxuk
06-08-04, 15:56
whilst it would be a pretty cool thing, for tanks it would go against the RP they are genetically engineered to be uber strong and muscular, they just lack the experience to use the best heavy weaponry (kinda thing) if you catch my drift.

Cant give you + rep though, I'm maxed out again :o

Drake6k
06-08-04, 16:26
No.

That is nice I guess but It would be so hard to implement I dont think its worth it. Do you really think that would ever make it into Neocron? I want Neocron 2 and I dont care if monks get magical, tanks get fit, and spys get geeky over time. How about kk adds more accessories with DoY instead of something like this?

Benjie
06-08-04, 16:28
No.

That is nice I guess but It would be so hard to implement I dont think its worth it. Do you really think that would ever make it into Neocron? I want Neocron 2 and I dont care if monks get magical, tanks get fit, and spys get geeky over time. How about kk adds more accessories with DoY instead of something like this?
Ditto. It's a dreamy feature, but I don't care for it in Neocron.

Jest
06-08-04, 16:34
I think its a decent idea but they have already implemented a totally different system. Plus tbh Id rather choose for myself what my character looks like. Maybe if you changed your suggestion to a person changes looks depending on soullight, then Id definitely vote yes to that. :p

ezza
06-08-04, 16:38
i dunno it would make the game to jokey.

seeing all these fat nib tanks running around, shoot them and watch this big ball of lard roll around.

nah although it sounds decent idea id rather not have it

MrChumble
06-08-04, 16:45
Great idea. It depends how customisable the chars are I suppose. It would be fairly easy to relate girth to a skill level, but it would be a pain (I imagine) to make the textures dynamic and stuff. It would rock if they did it though.