PDA

View Full Version : exploit question

manderf
06-08-04, 09:00
after you get posioned and you zone to remove the dmg, is that an exploit? One time i was at mb and i was attacking someone and they just kept zoning in and out of one of the newb lvling places.

Noodle
06-08-04, 09:03
poison is just worthless atm, if there is a zone border around.

MjukisDjur
06-08-04, 09:06
It is of advantage for one of the players, urgo its an exploit (kk thinking...)

Capt. Rik
06-08-04, 13:35
You will not exploit any bug in the NEOCRON product or the NEOCRON Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the NEOCRON Service

Don't think it is an exploit purely because poison being removed when zoning is a "feature".

Syntax-Error
06-08-04, 13:38
yes its an exploit. yes this thread will prolly be closed and yes your not allowed to talk about exploits on the forums. report them. :)

LiL T
06-08-04, 13:39
heheh

So when I shoot some one and they are at half health and they run to the zone line to prevent death thats also an exploit ? :wtf:

come on think about it eh :lol:

Syntax-Error
06-08-04, 13:40
I assume that he means zoning removes the stacks of poison if so yes. otherwise. no its just lame.

LiL T
06-08-04, 13:40
yes its an exploit. yes this thread will prolly be closed and yes your not allowed to talk about exploits on the forums. report them. :)

NO its not a bloody exploit till some GM or DEV says it is so if you know where it has been posted plz do post the link for me :rolleyes:

This was posted befor when they made posion stop when you zone it can't be an exploit >.< otherwise all zoning when getting attacked would be an exploit. The whole idea of this is just silly your in the zone you get attacked you take damage you zone out you no longer take damage simple really

Candaman
06-08-04, 13:42
SHIT HE RAN AWAY FROM SOMEONE POISONING AND ZONED EXPLOITZORZ BANZORZ NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw stooopid

Syntax-Error
06-08-04, 13:44
IF it removes poision when u zone. thats no designed im 99.9% sure of that. therefore its a bug. giveing you an advantage. you use it ure breaking rules of conduct

15) You will not exploit any bug in the NEOCRON product or the NEOCRON Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the NEOCRON Service.

Heres the link

http://neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=23

LiL T
06-08-04, 13:45
ARRRGH 9 stacks I must stay here and let you whatch me died I can't zone for it is exploiting !!!

yeah really

Candaman
06-08-04, 13:45
IF it removes poision when u zone. thats no designed im 99.9% sure of that. therefore its a bug. giveing you an advantage. you use it ure breaking rules of conduct

15) You will not exploit any bug in the NEOCRON product or the NEOCRON Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the NEOCRON Service.

Heres the link

http://neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=23

remove zone lines then other games don't have a zone line every 10 seconds

blaczero
06-08-04, 13:49
"to gain unfair advantage in the game... "

How is it an unfair advantage if everyone can do it?

Syntax-Error
06-08-04, 13:50
lol well everyone can do every exploit if they know how to. lol. and i agree zone lines are VERY lame. apparently it was supposed to be a quick fix in beta. and never got changed. but i dunno about that.

Zone lines are lame. people abuse them to survive fights they would otherwise lose

LiL T
06-08-04, 13:51

Right ok think about it right ugh some people got nothing better ... o_O

If I'm fighting in pepper park 1 and I'm getting the crap knocked out of me I will zone and so would anyone else if it where happing to them. Your saying that if I was to zone while stacked with posion that would make me an exploiter ? I'm sorry but fucking no way it just does not fit nicely in my head
o_O infact it hurts my brain its such a stoopid claim

Pre-Moistened
06-08-04, 13:51
"He punched the guards!" "Run away! Run away! Run away!"

Lexxuk
06-08-04, 13:52
Actually this feature fixed an exploit, if the person zoned or you zoned then the person died from the pos stacks you didnt lose soul light nor faction, now you can no longer pos someone 100 times, zone and not lose soul light.

Syntax-Error
06-08-04, 13:53
lol if you did it SPECIFICALLY to remove the poision u muppet. i dont think people would care if you exploited by accident

LiL T
06-08-04, 13:53
Actually this feature fixed an exploit, if the person zoned or you zoned then the person died from the pos stacks you didnt lose soul light nor faction, now you can no longer pos someone 100 times, zone and not lose soul light.

Exactly :angel:

ol if you did it SPECIFICALLY to remove the poision u muppet. i dont think people would care if you exploited by accident

Edit: once again PLZ POST where they said this was an exploit

Syntax-Error
06-08-04, 13:56
ive already show you why its an exploit. if you wana get ureself banned for exploiting because "they never said THIS was an exploit" thats your problem im bord of this stuipid argument.

..i..DemonX
06-08-04, 13:56

It fixed 2 Exploits then! If u was cast a barrel and zoned, LE using players was get DMG from ur barrel (and mainly got killed)! That wont happen now as well!

..i..DemonX
06-08-04, 14:01
ive already show you why its an exploit. if you wana get ureself banned for exploiting because "they never said THIS was an exploit" thats your problem im bord of this stuipid argument.

Hmm lemme think, Heal not work over Zonelines, Poision and Fire Stacks not work over Zone ... but he cant heal .... hmmm he cant heal ... HEY HE CANT HEAL?!?!
Omg may i just use a other weapon that not does any stack dmg? Or he can heal so it just take a lil longer but he will go down if he keeps zoning.

And ppl used to Zone as long as i play the Game (omg 2 yeahrs O.o). Nobody stand still wait till he is down if there is a way to escape the death!

LiL T
06-08-04, 14:03

What is the difference of that APU zoning cos hes getting shot at and someone he has posioned the point is they put it in the game so posion stoped after zone. It is not a bug its a FEATURE what about all the lamers that gank people when they crash? was that an exploit no I don't think it is .
But I would rather they made posion damage people when they zone but impliment some sort of tagging system for all weapons that stack so when the apu stacks you with posion he loses soullight if that person dies

Capt. Rik
06-08-04, 14:04
What is the difference of that APU zoning cos hes getting shot at and someone he has posioned the point is they put it in the game so posion stoped after zone. It is not a bug its a FEATURE what about all the lamers that gank people when they crash? was that an exploit no I don't think it is .
But I would rather they made posion damage people when they zone but impliment some sort of tagging system for all weapons that stack so when the apu stacks you with posion he loses soullight if that person dies

Exactly!!! (didn't i say this in the 4th post of this thread? :p )

Richard Slade
06-08-04, 14:09
I just hope they remove the small zones in NC2 and split it into DoY, MB, wastes and NC,
would be nice to have the whole waste to duke it out on and hunt people down in..
Would be so cool to chase someone down with a hover, blast him a little and see him take off on his hover and then more or less race the whole way to NC / DoY without interuption

And instead of zoning around in PP see people run from PP to plaza and someone who isn't quick enough to put down the weapon gets blasted by the copper..

Archeus
06-08-04, 14:30
Using it to stay alive? It would be an exploit if the other person couldn't zone either.

Otherwise, it is a bit of muppetry. Just draw the person away from the zone and have another guy on the other side of the zone.

Generally the best way to deal with it.
1) If a GM said it's a exploit, it's exploit and don't try to justify it with any kind of logic.
2) If you don't know but think it might be an exploit then don't do it.
3) If you see others doing it, then ask a GM. If it's an exploit then report them, rule 2 still applies (because not all GM's think the same way).

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 18:22
The whole zone/poison thing is a "feature" to stop the "abuse" of avoiding SL loss by zoning before your victim dies(which is 5 years after you cast the poison spells :rolleyes: ).

As for removing zone lines, what kind of effect would that have on the game?

I mean there must be a reason KK designed it that way. Would FPS be altered if the wastes had no zone lines?

Jest
06-08-04, 18:26
after you get posioned and you zone to remove the dmg, is that an exploit? One time i was at mb and i was attacking someone and they just kept zoning in and out of one of the newb lvling places.I dunno like, if I had a bunch of poison stacks on me, Id probably zone whether they dissappeared or not. I think your best bet is to just avoid using the poison beam when you are close to the zone line.

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 18:27
It wouldn't be so bad if poison beam was a little faster. I don't mean the rof of the spell, I mean faster to do it's damage.

Dru Blood
06-08-04, 18:29
just another way to let the zone hugging puffs of pepper park get away without dieing,

pepper park puffs are kk's friends.

joran420
06-08-04, 18:29
i'll still be zoning when i get stacked...Unless KK make it so zoning wont remove stacks(then i might actually use my 4 slot toxic beam)

seraphian
06-08-04, 18:44
"to gain unfair advantage in the game... "

How is it an unfair advantage if everyone can do it?

it's an unfair advantage IMHO because it gimps some people's weapons and not some others...

If you could stop 1/2 the damage from a CS just by being near a zone line, that wouldn't exactly be fair to the tanks. Just because APUs rely on poision and fire stacks (because every player specs ERR up the ass) doesn't mean their primary weapon should be gimped.

The stopping damage by zoning is nessisary to prevent even worse abuses by cheaters, but abusing it should be an exploit.

Candaman
06-08-04, 19:21
it's an unfair advantage IMHO because it gimps some people's weapons and not some others...

If you could stop 1/2 the damage from a CS just by being near a zone line, that wouldn't exactly be fair to the tanks. Just because APUs rely on poision and fire stacks (because every player specs ERR up the ass) doesn't mean their primary weapon should be gimped.

The stopping damage by zoning is nessisary to prevent even worse abuses by cheaters, but abusing it should be an exploit.

its not like poison is the only dmg type a apu/tank can use its their choice

System
06-08-04, 20:58
That whole thing doesnt make any sense what so ever.

They should keep the damage going even when zoning. Its so unrealistic. Plus when they did that they fucked up the heal spell when zoning and the heal sanc.s, I dont know why the hell they even changed it so you dont take dmg after zoning. Probably becuase one of the Devs keep dieing so damn much and got pissed :-p

Its funny as hell stacking someone with posion in pp1 they run into p3 you run after them and watch them die. Its so evil I love it!

Candaman
07-08-04, 00:57
That whole thing doesnt make any sense what so ever.

They should keep the damage going even when zoning. Its so unrealistic. Plus when they did that they fucked up the heal spell when zoning and the heal sanc.s, I dont know why the hell they even changed it so you dont take dmg after zoning. Probably becuase one of the Devs keep dieing so damn much and got pissed :-p

Its funny as hell stacking someone with posion in pp1 they run into p3 you run after them and watch them die. Its so evil I love it!

no they didn't fuck up heal sanc's thats the same as ever

manderf
07-08-04, 09:58
i love it to mang... I love it to!!!

System
07-08-04, 22:44
Ok maybe they didnt fuck up heal sanc, but still the Heals are.

Plight
07-08-04, 23:00
I think the stacks should only dissappear if the CASTER zones, not the person it was cast on. That would prevent people from zone fighting with poison to avoid the soul light hit. Of course whether the server can tell the the difference between whos zoneing.... thats a different problem.

Aziraphale
07-08-04, 23:22
What was the exploit before hand, when the stacks weren't removed? I don't see how that could be exploitable, can someone explain?

Crimson Duelist
18-08-04, 07:22
heres a question, why is exploit constantly red?