PDA

View Full Version : Have things changed for DOY?

NeoChick
06-08-04, 06:41
I remember a big long write up on the NC main website explaining all the new phantastic stuff that will be in DOY. Now that I am looking for it I cannot find it any more (should have made a printout).

Anyway, one of the points in that write up was that the chars shall be customizable. Now I see in the screenshots that for instance the monk still looks exactly the same, i.e. ugly bald female monk.

So have things changed? Have KK decided not to put everything in that was originally planned? There is so much secrecy and hardly any screenshots - all for a game that is supposed to be released in three weeks time? (apart from english speaking community being like the 'orphans' here, no advertising, who knows if any of the english speakers even got into beta, etc)

Will it basically be a copy of NC1 just with better graphics?

Somehow I do not feel like purchasing a cat in a bag. Becoming very disillusioned.

Tostino
06-08-04, 07:37
Then don't buy it...

NeoChick
06-08-04, 07:39
Tostino how right you are. I am cancelling my accounts right now. There are PLENTY of other games coming up. I've had it.

Tostino
06-08-04, 07:52
Well my work here is done :rolleyes:

Benjie
Having a break is a good idea.
Here is the list btw. (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)

Mattimeo
Tostino how right you are. I am cancelling my accounts right now. There are PLENTY of other games coming up. I've had it.

not a bad idea. maybe if everyone leaves KK will get the hint. although, with the amount of fanboys...

see you when doy comes out q2 2005...oh wait, NC2... :rolleyes: :lol:

Benjie
06-08-04, 07:56
not a bad idea. maybe if everyone leaves KK will get the hint.
What hint?

Noodle
06-08-04, 09:45
What hint?

that they have shot themselves in the leg... again.

they need to stop the bleeding soon...

MjukisDjur
06-08-04, 09:56
Watched Evil Dead again yesterday and the one thing ive learned is that evil things can bleed for a very long time and not die :p

Neochick, dont let the door hit you on your way out

Noodle
06-08-04, 09:58
rofl, well, they have been bleeding for about a year now, but they just put a new hole in their leg :p

Mumblyfish
06-08-04, 10:01
This be what you're looking for! (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)
They've still got a bit to go, and the beta screenshots are just that. Beta screenshots. The reason the monk looks the same is because they probably haven't got round to doing the new monk models as they have the PE.

Noodle
06-08-04, 10:10
This be what you're looking for! (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)
They've still got a bit to go, and the beta screenshots are just that. Beta screenshots. The reason the monk looks the same is because they probably haven't got round to doing the new monk models as they have the PE.

yeah mumbly, that, or the fact that the monk is an NPC, and none of the NPCs seems to have the new models.

Mumblyfish
06-08-04, 10:15
yeah mumbly, that, or the fact that the monk is an NPC, and none of the NPCs seems to have the new models.
Nothing apart from the PE has got new models so far.

Noodle
06-08-04, 10:17
Nothing apart from the PE has got new models so far.

how do u know? are u in beta?
OMG OMG BREACH OF NDA!!!!!

:p

ill stop messing about now :cool:

Mumblyfish
06-08-04, 10:20
how do u know? are u in beta?
u maek me cwy
:(

Richard Slade
06-08-04, 12:44
Well when thinking of the monkeys...
They're all the same annyoing little bitches anyways.... .ummm... right..
They're all NPCs in those pics it seems, and NPC are allowed to look the same

Clownst0pper
06-08-04, 12:45
edited

Genty
06-08-04, 13:12
OMG OMG LETS ALL QUIT BECAUSE A SCREENSHOT ONLY SHOWED US 1 NEW MODEL!!!!

How about before you get hysterical and jump to L33T conclusions you actually judge NC2 by the game, not from a few screenshots :eek:

Richard Slade
06-08-04, 14:07
Everyone wants the game,
now,
and everyone will take any possible chance to set an opinion instead of just wandering clueless. Make you feel better you know

Benjie
06-08-04, 14:09
I'm going to slap each forum member individually, one by one, regardless of if you are bitching or not. Thats right, the same punishment for all.

That'll learn ya.

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:10
OMG OMG LETS ALL QUIT BECAUSE A SCREENSHOT ONLY SHOWED US 1 NEW MODEL!!!!

How about before you get hysterical and jump to L33T conclusions you actually judge NC2 by the game, not from a few screenshots :eek:

maybe if we were given more than a few screenshots we wouldn't have this problem huh

Mumblyfish
06-08-04, 14:17
I'm going to slap each forum member individually, one by one, regardless of if you are bitching or not. Thats right, the same punishment for all.

Not if I Ninja Out and kick you in the face. With one of my robo-shurikens.

I'll Ninja Out one of these days.

...just you wait...

Genty
06-08-04, 14:21
maybe if we were given more than a few screenshots we wouldn't have this problem huh

What do screenshots prove exacatly? Everyone picks away at them anyway so I don't really see a huge amount of point.

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:23
What do screenshots prove exacatly? Everyone picks away at them anyway so I don't really see a huge amount of point.

if u read my post where i say MORE than a few screenshots then u would see that i don't think that screenshots prove anything

Genty
06-08-04, 14:27
if u read my post where i say MORE than a few screenshots then u would see that i don't think that screenshots prove anything

Ahh, miss-read the post.

*shrugs*

Whatever is released before a game comes out does not really mean shit, the only thing that matters is the game itself. So I guess time will tell with that one.

cRazy2003
06-08-04, 14:29
Well my work here is done :rolleyes:

theres still plently more to go my friend.

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:31
Ahh, miss-read the post.

*shrugs*

Whatever is released before a game comes out does not really mean shit, the only thing that matters is the game itself. So I guess time will tell with that one.

not really it is the lead up to the game the hype the advertising the word of mouth from existing players that will get ncc2 off the ground. Now do u think with kk's excellent approach to their customer base that any of us are gonna be going off to our friends to sayL

us: "check out nc2 its coming out real soon and i played nc1 and it was good mostly..."
friend: "oh ok whats in it and how does it look"
us: "well i've seen a screenshot of a asg and it looks the same ooooooh and the pe player model looks the saaaa......JUST CHECK IT OUT"

Genty
06-08-04, 14:33
not really it is the lead up to the game the hype the advertising the word of mouth from existing players that will get ncc2 off the ground. Now do u think with kk's excellent approach to their customer base that any of us are gonna be going off to our friends to sayL

I don't think KK want the existing customer base.

*goes to work*

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:35
I don't think KK want the existing customer base.

*goes to work*

i think the existing customer base is ALL kk has atm

Anna Finster
06-08-04, 14:40
cannings:
what should they do?

open the beta to us?

i tell you that not one day would pass and the complains would begin again - we could then play nc2, well... but we'd get pissed on bugs, exploits and missing content/models/features/whatsoever

what would we get out of it? nothing!

err and well... you know the trailer, dont you? you know some screens, you know about some new features.

did you all forget to be excited while WAITING for something? did you forget to wait? the world is not enough? ...

there will be neocron2, there will actually be more than a few screens:

sep 1st 2004

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:42
cannings:
what should they do?

open the beta to us?

i tell you that not one day would pass and the complains would begin again - we could then play nc2, well... but we'd get pissed on bugs, exploits and missing content/models/features/whatsoever

what would we get out of it? nothing!

err and well... you know the trailer, dont you? you know some screens, you know about some new features.

did you all forget to be excited while WAITING for something? did you forget to wait? the world is not enough? ...

there will be neocron2, there will actually be more than a few screens:

sep 1st 2004

They have been working on DoY since april last year it has less than a month for realease and were still in beta2 oO looks hopeful

ezza
06-08-04, 14:43
i think the existing customer base is ALL kk has atm
Then how come they treat us like shit?

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:45
Then how come they treat us like shit?

Because as much as we piss and moan and as bad as we get treated for some stoopid reason we keep coming back for another slap round the face and at the point MJS knows that people that have stuck around this long won't go anywhere a month b4 doy. All he has to hope is that DoY is enough to get us back to the way we felt in the old days. A big gamble imo

Anna Finster
06-08-04, 14:45
before neocron1 went retail, there was the idea to release doy and neocron at the same time, as one game.

they weren't able to finish all that, and thank god they didnt do what they planned!

now they had time to hopefully make a great game, a dome of york with style, and to remove bugs etc..

i like to wait if i know that i'll like what comes out, even if i have to wait for 2 years, u know?

Candaman
06-08-04, 14:47
before neocron1 went retail, there was the idea to release doy and neocron at the same time, as one game.

they weren't able to finish all that, and thank god they didnt do what they planned!

now they had time to hopefully make a great game, a dome of york with style, and to remove bugs etc..

i like to wait if i know that i'll like what comes out, even if i have to wait for 2 years, u know?

But u see kk haven't kept thier word of constant patches and bug fixes on their current game do u think they are gonna become a different company when doy comes out?

Anna Finster
06-08-04, 15:04
they did constantly patch - not as often as we got used to it for a time, but formerly it was usual to patch only once in about 3 months or summin..

and well the company wont change, it will remain a small game factory, but there won't be these loads of work for few people anymore once doy is published.

they will then be able to focus on support, _patching_, bugfixing, whatsoever

Candaman
06-08-04, 15:08
if it was gonna be too much work for the company to take on then they shouldn't have started.

Would u sacrifice current players because of neglect to the current game for a CHANCE that they may do better with nc2

Anna Finster
06-08-04, 15:14
i would sacrifice no one.

i'm just trying to explain that its a big deal what kk is doing.

its a big deal with such a low count of ppl working for kk,
its a big deal to cope with less cash than other companies - especially games are really expensive..
its a big deal to go on with nc trying to beta nc2 and release it on sep 1st.

but i believe that they will succeed in any way, and that many ppl will have a lot of fun with nc2. me2, by the way.

they cared of a publisher, a good one (in .de), they managed to be on the big game-paper ads.... i'm looking forward to a new game and many new players.

(but i agree to you that the retail as is just sucks - its BORING as hell)

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 18:16
The reason the monk looks the same is because they probably haven't got round to doing the new monk models as they have the PE.

And 3 weeks till release?

Unless you meant they haven't gotten around to taking SS's of the new monk models. :p

Mumblyfish
06-08-04, 18:21
Unless you meant they haven't gotten around to taking SS's of the new monk models. :p
I meant implementing them into the public beta... I hope to God they've got all the models done by now. The God of FUNK!

Shadow Dancer
06-08-04, 18:23
I meant implementing them into the public beta... I hope to God they've got all the models done by now. The God of FUNK!

The beta is public?

:p

Dru Blood
06-08-04, 18:26

along with everyone else who has sense ,

anyway maybe nc2 is just the doy sectors and the bug fixes since beta, and a little gfx downgrade to make it run smoother. way to stop pes being so good its to make them look stupid and no one will play them.